7.5

1. May 31, 2014
    I didn't know what to expect from this movie being as dramas aren't really my thing and I'm fairly new to them I enjoyed this movie though I thought it was good the drama was pretty cliche and I found the father tended to keep a single tone of voice throughout the entire movie one thing I did like though was that the characters were meant to be smart and they did appear to be veryI didn't know what to expect from this movie being as dramas aren't really my thing and I'm fairly new to them I enjoyed this movie though I thought it was good the drama was pretty cliche and I found the father tended to keep a single tone of voice throughout the entire movie one thing I did like though was that the characters were meant to be smart and they did appear to be very intelligent individuals except for two who weren't meant to be so I also thought the humor actually funny and found myself laughing throughout the movie. Expand

Poirer and director Noam Murro have trouble bringing this to a satisfying climax, but the characters are credible and sharply observed and all four actors go to town.
    Page and Church work so brilliantly together as a comic team that it's worth enduring the leads' utter lack of chemistry together - not to mention the fact they're both wildly miscast.
    A third of the way through Smart People, I channeled Randy Newman's "Short People" and thought, "Smart people got no reason to live."