8.7

1. Apr 17, 2014
    A highly under rated movies by many critics. The acting in this movie was great people like Brad Pitt pulled of incredible accents and performances which must have been really hard to do. The beginning of this movie was a little hard to follow but once it got started it was great.
  2. Oct 22, 2010
    Brilliant from start to finish. Classic characters in every single scene. This is surely Guy Richie's finest movie to date. I guess you'd have to be British to truly get the most out of it...?
  3. Dec 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My all time favourite movie tied with RocknRolla. Too many people say that it has no plot, and though there is very little of it, it is still their. However it is witty, funny, action packed and is just filled with awesome. A minor masterpiece. Jason Statham is very funny and is a strong character. I hoped to see more of him in this movie but sadly not. Brad Pitt showed his best acting to date (2011). He manages to keep a thick incomprehensible irish accent throughout. The scene where his mother dies in the caravan had me devastated. This movie really showed the potential he has. Lots of people say that all the characters are similar, but only one thing about them is similar. They all live a life of crime. To say that Boris the Blade (or Bullet dodger) is similar to Tom or Bullettooth is madness. The ending truly makes one joyful that it ended as it did. Looking forward to see Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, haven't seen it yet. Expand
  4. Dec 1, 2013
    It's a solid 8 or 9 depending on how you feel about the contrast between the very funny humor and the very violent crime that takes place. Definitely feels like the spiritual successor to lock stock, with a little more polish and star power.
  5. JohnMarkF.
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hillarious, genius, just a great crack. A must watch.
  6. Aug 21, 2011
    i love this movie...Jason Statham and Brad Pitt are great, excellent movie...just like Lock, Stock...and even a bit better.I like ,,dawgs" ,,caravans" all of it.
  7. Sep 20, 2011
    Loved it! Alan Ford's performance should be all the reason you need to see this. I'm not usually a fan of Ritche's work, with Sherlock Holmes being an exception, but this movie hooked me from the very beginning and never let go. Brad Pitt is terrific, even if you can't understand 95% of what he says.
  8. Sep 2, 2012
    This is probably the best British comedy I have ever seen.It's full of twist and irony. It's somewhat of a cross between Pulp Fiction and Burn After Reading. I't gets a little confusing when all the characters start running into each other, but quickly resolves it's self. This is a great movie to spend an hour and a half on. Brad Pitt's accent is alone, is worthy enough of your time.
  9. Dec 2, 2012
    So there's this stolen 86-carat diamond stone that has recently gone missing. And you can bet that there are quite a number of people who will risk their life and threaten lives in order to acquire this precious stone once news gets out. Except perhaps for one weird gypsy who just wants a brand new caravan for his mama, but that
  10. Sep 8, 2012
    Guy Ritchie never disappoints you. A funny and equally lame storyline, and Jason Statham's narration make this film way funnier than it actually is. I really liked the techniques that have been incorporated in this film considering the fact that it was released in 2001. The characterization is really good and the way all of the characters are shown related to each other in different way isGuy Ritchie never disappoints you. A funny and equally lame storyline, and Jason Statham's narration make this film way funnier than it actually is. I really liked the techniques that have been incorporated in this film considering the fact that it was released in 2001. The characterization is really good and the way all of the characters are shown related to each other in different way is really amazing. Brad Pitt and Jason Statham's performances were so good especially Brad Pitt's Pikey accent, always makes me laugh whenever I think about it. Overall it is a good film, "crime with humour topping" lovers should not miss it. Expand
  11. Jul 15, 2013
    Another amazing Guy Ritchie film. A bit like Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels. Very funny, very clever and very entertaining. If you haven't seen this or Lock Stock, then you need to watch them now. 10/10.
  12. Mar 8, 2014
    Bence çok iyi bir film. neden bu kadar düşük olduğunada anlamadım. Guy Ritche muhteşem bir performans çıkarmış. kesinlikle izlenmesi lazım.
  13. Oct 12, 2014
    ive change my fakin mind. ill give it a ten actually. it one of those film like pulp fiction, big lewboski that really surprises you when you watch it. it very bold and very rare. for that pure reason I have to give a ten my pedigree chums.
  14. NickR.
    Aug 15, 2009
    My all-time favorite film. Amazing in every area.
  15. Dec 29, 2011
    If you have seen a Guy Ritchie film and enjoyed it, you will enjoy this. NO it is not a great movie, but it is extremely entertaining and fun to watch, which is the reason i watch movies. i am not giving it a 10 because it is perfect because its not, im giving it a 10 because it is my favourite movie so far. I have seen the making of the movie and can see that Guy Ritchie has his own wayIf you have seen a Guy Ritchie film and enjoyed it, you will enjoy this. NO it is not a great movie, but it is extremely entertaining and fun to watch, which is the reason i watch movies. i am not giving it a 10 because it is perfect because its not, im giving it a 10 because it is my favourite movie so far. I have seen the making of the movie and can see that Guy Ritchie has his own way of directing that is not strictly professional and it shows through in the movie, IN A GOOD WAY. I recommend this fast paced Brittish heist/gangster movie to anyone who is reading this. Expand
  16. Nov 12, 2012
    If you can understand a word of Ritchie's screenplay, which is loaded with British slang unheard of for most Americans, that you might be able to enjoy it. Obviously, I wasn't. And didn't.
  17. BangkokDave
    Jul 26, 2002
    Opening scene: Great. 3 minutes into Snatch: Couldn't follow a thing. 5 minutes into Snatch: Couldn't care less. 7 minutes into Snatch: Busy reading a magazine. 10 minutes: Press Stop on the VCR.
  18. Jun 19, 2011
    It's a marked improvement over Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels, I'll give it that. It had a bigger budget, so it looks a whole lot better than that movie, and it has a more experienced cast, too, so the performances were a lot more convincing. Dennis Farina doesn't get enough work in Hollywood. He's so good, he has such an imposing presence, especially when he played Bones in GetIt's a marked improvement over Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels, I'll give it that. It had a bigger budget, so it looks a whole lot better than that movie, and it has a more experienced cast, too, so the performances were a lot more convincing. Dennis Farina doesn't get enough work in Hollywood. He's so good, he has such an imposing presence, especially when he played Bones in Get Shorty. He's good in his role here, too. I liked Jason Statham, He actually had stuff to say, and when he has stuff to say, he's not bad. But Brad Pitt really stole the spotlight, no matter how incomprehensible he is in this movie. Talking with such a thick accent all the way through, he was hilarious, and I loved that nobody else out of his family had a clue what he was saying. But like Lock, Stock, I still have issues with Guy's dialogue. There's arrogance about the way everybody talks, and they all talk the same way, like they're all talking out of the same mouth. There's no individuality to the characters. Brad and Alan Ford are the only ones who really make their characters their own. Alan's **** accent is a gift from God I tell ya, He makes a great mob boss. But I never found the movie boring, It's fast-paced and occasionally funny, but there's no wit in the writing, and the plot never takes us anywhere, it just kinda goes on without becoming anything more than what it started out as, which would've been perfectly fine had there been interesting characters thrown in the mix with better dialogue to bounce off each other. Collapse
  19. Jan 3, 2014
    Eh, it was nothing more than ok. There's nothing here really, other than a great performance from Brad Pitt. It had two stories, but only one was interesting and the other left much to be desired. The pace was quick, yet was boring and the dialogue did not help lighten it up in the least. It was funny in spurts for sure, which did help, but ultimately, this one does not live up to expectations.
  20. Feb 2, 2013
    An atrocious comedic drama which glamorizes criminal activity, violence, and almost mind-numbingly pervasive profanity...I had a hard time finishing it. Rest assured that your potential for gaining new insight or finding life-enriching meaning of any kind is slim to none; you definitely will not be uplifted. Even just measuring it in terms of simple entertainment value, its wit humorAn atrocious comedic drama which glamorizes criminal activity, violence, and almost mind-numbingly pervasive profanity...I had a hard time finishing it. Rest assured that your potential for gaining new insight or finding life-enriching meaning of any kind is slim to none; you definitely will not be uplifted. Even just measuring it in terms of simple entertainment value, its wit humor don't come close to compensating for its violence. The kinds of flashy bloodshed and theatrical cruelty which are found in films like Snatch desensitize fragile minds and corrode morals in a way that, yes, does in fact facilitate real-world violence. Brief example: the film's analysis of the efficiencies of pig farms for human corpse disposal some people inevitably walked away reflecting on the strengths weaknesses of different corpse disposal methods...a topic in which they would not have otherwise invested mental energy. I just wish we could have more honest conversations with ourselves and each other about the impact the media to which we expose ourselves has on us individually, and on those among us who are most malleable. Not to be preachy, but that there is any real market for this movie ought to be unsettling to those of us who value human life; this film almost entirely implies that it is worthless. Watch something else...there is plenty of better out there to be seen. Expand
  21. Feb 5, 2014
    Snatch.'s intentions were to be a satire on the whole crime movie genre, but it ends up falling flat on a sarcastic, poorly-written script with comeback after comeback and no real substance. It's a shame, as good directing and a decent performance from Statham gave the movie potential.
  22. luke
    Mar 20, 2008
    Absolutely loved this film, hadnt seen any of Ritchie's previous work so was unsure what to expect but i thought it was great. Fast-paced, action packed, well written and acted and incredibly funny...what more could you want. Also one of Pitt's finest pieces of work.
  23. AdamT.
    Oct 14, 2002
    Man, this movie is the best ever. It's easily one of my fav. movies of all time. All the characters are great, From Turkish to Tony and dont forget Brad Pitts lil role, Mickey. If you like Comedie, Action, and "dawgs" then this is the movie for you.
  24. JasonZ.
    Dec 10, 2002
    An excellent film. I would imagine if one struggles with Attention Deficit Disorder, it would be a struggle to follow and enjoy, and one might end up distracted-ultimately turning off the movie, but thats truly the beauty of Snatch. In a time where Hollywood producers assume their patrons stupidy and feel the need to spell every little detail out, Guy Ritchie's films stand head and An excellent film. I would imagine if one struggles with Attention Deficit Disorder, it would be a struggle to follow and enjoy, and one might end up distracted-ultimately turning off the movie, but thats truly the beauty of Snatch. In a time where Hollywood producers assume their patrons stupidy and feel the need to spell every little detail out, Guy Ritchie's films stand head and shoulders above the rest. An engaging plot that makes you think to understand, and wild and intense soundtrack, clever and interesting characters, comedy mixed with an intense ride makes for excellent viewing if one chooses to enjoy it every time. Sure, it takes some effort, but if you want a movie to dumb you down rather than challenge you mind, go watch a Vin Diesel flick. Expand
  25. Phatman
    Apr 20, 2003
    I couldn't breath after i watched the movie.
  26. PJK
    Jul 2, 2008
    This movie was a great movie back then and somehow still seems to be a great movie now. Even after 7 years... I had to watch it again because it left such great memories. It's just that good. So much action and humor. If you haven't seen it yet, watch it NOW. You'll love it.
  27. benf
    Sep 7, 2008
    One of my favourite movies ever. Great action scene and plenty of good one liners with tight, clever editing.
  28. AndyH.
    Feb 2, 2001
    "Snatch" exudes cool. It presents an entertaining maze of a plot with multiple twist and turns, peppered with characters ranging from lovable to greedy to downright nasty. It's not Ritchie's best film. But "Lock, Stock..." was incredible. Which means that "Snatch" will have to settle for being great.
  29. DerekL.
    Mar 2, 2001
    Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels Reprised. If you didn't see the first movie by Mr. Madonna, see this one. (The rating is only a 4 if you saw the first one).
  30. AlexK.
    Jul 7, 2001
    Quite frankly it just didn't live up to my expectations. It was suprisingly boring and uninteresting at parts, and in general it just didn't have the artful flow that it needed to be great. Some decent performances (too bad Del Toro wasn't in most of the movie) and some genuine comedy make this worth seeing, especially if you haven't seen Ritchie's first film and Quite frankly it just didn't live up to my expectations. It was suprisingly boring and uninteresting at parts, and in general it just didn't have the artful flow that it needed to be great. Some decent performances (too bad Del Toro wasn't in most of the movie) and some genuine comedy make this worth seeing, especially if you haven't seen Ritchie's first film and therefore don't have lofty hopes. Expand
  31. AlexK.
    Jul 7, 2001
  32. FrankieFourFingers
    Nov 10, 2002
    Perfection. The camera, the dialogue, the actors, the music, even the transitions between scenes are so well thought up it amazes me. Make sure you watch the Special Edition DVD, and check out the great "making of" part.
  33. JordonH.
    Mar 5, 2002
    That was the best movie ever, but dont make a nuther that would rowin it.
  34. PsychoMantis
    Apr 8, 2002
    One of my favorite films, it strikes a good balance between comedy and action. Not one to see if you have a hate of the "F" word but it's all in good fun here, the violence isn't over the top, but it's still evident, it's neccesary without being distubring or ludicrous. I think Ritchie hit all the marks with this movie, it's great. ***A reminder though*** I One of my favorite films, it strikes a good balance between comedy and action. Not one to see if you have a hate of the "F" word but it's all in good fun here, the violence isn't over the top, but it's still evident, it's neccesary without being distubring or ludicrous. I think Ritchie hit all the marks with this movie, it's great. ***A reminder though*** I haven't seen Lock Stock so I'm probably biased, oh well still a good show. Expand
  35. PeriwinkleBlue
    Jul 29, 2002
    I guess Guy Ritchie and Madonna both "took the jam out of Amy Taubins Donut". Snatch is not meant to be some critically aclaimed cinematic masterpiece, it's meant to be fun, and that's what it is, fun fun fun at 90 miles an hour and with an excellent soundtrack.......larff, I nearly died.
  36. JamesS.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Wonderful film. I loved every minute of it, even bought the DVD. This has confirmed in my mind that most critics wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them in the arse.
  37. SamB.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Regular viewers beware. this is tasteless stuff but great fun for those who saw the humor in "Pulp Fiction".
  38. DenaT.
    May 18, 2004
    This movie is all extremes. Love the dry humour that is so English! Couldn't fully follow it (missed the first 15min) the 1st time round, what with so much stuff happening at every turn. Love the fact that it's an anti-hero, thinking movie. Oozes working class grit, wit and laddish, underbelly punch culture. Damn I felt so clever when I worked out the characters and plots at my This movie is all extremes. Love the dry humour that is so English! Couldn't fully follow it (missed the first 15min) the 1st time round, what with so much stuff happening at every turn. Love the fact that it's an anti-hero, thinking movie. Oozes working class grit, wit and laddish, underbelly punch culture. Damn I felt so clever when I worked out the characters and plots at my second viewing. First class. Right up there with Trainspotting. Expand
  39. DorianG.
    Jun 6, 2004
    Very,very,very FUNNY.
  40. Uter
    Aug 12, 2004
    In my opinion, this is one of the best movies ever.
  41. ganeshv.
    May 16, 2005
    This was a great movie. Although the story line might have been very similar to its predecessor, the characters in the movie were carefully portrayed and were unbelievably funny. The script might lack novelty but the direction sure was the best i have ever come across. Totally entertaining, great suspense and very good camers angles and special effects!!! what quentin Tarantino is to This was a great movie. Although the story line might have been very similar to its predecessor, the characters in the movie were carefully portrayed and were unbelievably funny. The script might lack novelty but the direction sure was the best i have ever come across. Totally entertaining, great suspense and very good camers angles and special effects!!! what quentin Tarantino is to America, Guy Ritchie is to England! Expand
  42. Linz
    Jan 21, 2001
    Fastpaced, amazing editing, and just plain cool. So what if it's like lock, stock...learn how to have a little fun for christ sake!!
  43. RayJ.
    Jul 18, 2001
    Entertaining, but not a movie I would see again. It was the wife's turn to pick a movie, my turn next time!
  44. SteveW.
    Jul 27, 2001
    A stylized, fast paced, witty comedy that won't ever loose the attention it deserves.
  45. DarrenS.
    Aug 20, 2001
    Someone tell me what's wrong with this masterpeice?
  46. SeanM.
    Oct 18, 2002
    Entertaining through and through, all the english actors were top notch.
  47. OlegP.
    Apr 13, 2002
    This is the film I like the most!!! I have all tracks from that film on my hdd. I'll be waiting for Snatch 2!
  48. MashaM.
    Jun 17, 2002
    I love this film. Music, actors everything is perfect :) I love this film.
  49. CalebB.
    Jun 9, 2002
    This movie is the best movie I have ever seen. It deserves nothing but a ten, I can see 9 if you are blind, but that is about it. ONE Punch is an amazing character, along with everybody else in the movie. You can't tell me that you don't like this movie, b/c if you do you are a chronic liar and you need to be punched by Mickey yourself.
  50. ZachP.
    Aug 28, 2002
    Cool, hip, slick, fast, funny and British. The whole point is, you're not supposed to know what Brad Pitt is actually saying. I saw it before Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. There are obvious comparisons, but this movie is a follow-up, and one follow-up is allowed to be similar. Ritchie's plot leaves you gasping for air, it moves so fast. And you'll even find yourself Cool, hip, slick, fast, funny and British. The whole point is, you're not supposed to know what Brad Pitt is actually saying. I saw it before Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. There are obvious comparisons, but this movie is a follow-up, and one follow-up is allowed to be similar. Ritchie's plot leaves you gasping for air, it moves so fast. And you'll even find yourself cheering for the bad guys at some parts. Very fun. Expand
  51. AustinPitts
    Feb 11, 2003
    Cleverly written, not everyone will get it the first time they see it. Its a must-see-over-and-over type movie, which is a good thing.
  52. ChrisT.
    Apr 22, 2003
    This movie is incredible......Brad Pitt is amazing in it and Guy Ritchie is a genius.
  53. AlexT.
    Jun 10, 2003
    The best movie ever!
  54. BobM.
    Aug 22, 2003
    I knew that the critics were a bunch of fools when I went looking around for this movie. Most of the reviews I found were bad, the rest were awsome. Either love it or hate it it's good in the pulp fiction kind of way. Creative directing and witty dialougue between some outstanding characters meld together for a truly entertaining experience. From the ratings I see from the users my I knew that the critics were a bunch of fools when I went looking around for this movie. Most of the reviews I found were bad, the rest were awsome. Either love it or hate it it's good in the pulp fiction kind of way. Creative directing and witty dialougue between some outstanding characters meld together for a truly entertaining experience. From the ratings I see from the users my theory that critics are generally misinformed when it comes to what appeals to the public is proved true once again. Cheers users and jeers to the simple minded Titanic loving critics. Expand
  55. AkhilK.
    Jul 10, 2004
    To not like this movie is to admitting that a popcorn chick flick is better than hard-hitting, immensely funny gangster masterpiece. The latter is Snatch. The former is (insert popcorn chick flick here).
  56. ChrisW.
    Feb 3, 2005
    It is one the best films ive ever seen i cant believe people say that it is rubbish it is hilariously funny and good all round.
  57. redlacm.
    Jan 7, 2006
    Sensational thriller. very radical.
  58. MarkS.
    Jul 5, 2006
    Brad Pitt really seems to be relishing his role in this and it shows through. Love the writing and great reactions to the action by the characters.
  59. BlakeJ.
    Mar 11, 2007
    One of the many "college boy" films. Right up there with "Boondock Saints", it fits the mold as a movie with violence, over the top, what I can only title as, "macho-man-drama", lame dialogue, and strange terminology, such as referring to shotguns as "shoolas"...that will make boys ages 13-21 shake in their boots with satisfaction. An overall bore. The only thing that saves the movie from One of the many "college boy" films. Right up there with "Boondock Saints", it fits the mold as a movie with violence, over the top, what I can only title as, "macho-man-drama", lame dialogue, and strange terminology, such as referring to shotguns as "shoolas"...that will make boys ages 13-21 shake in their boots with satisfaction. An overall bore. The only thing that saves the movie from being a complete waste of time is Brad Pitt's turn as a gypsy with a mouth full of marbles. If you want something with substance you're barking up the wrong tree, if you want something macho, with guns, cars, and pigs eating peoples bones, you came to the right place. Expand
  60. RobertR.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sly, volatile, and malodorous just as good pulp should be, Snatch isn't a solemn movie that's dependent on sophisticated fundamentals. Snatch
  61. MitchA.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Humorous, witty, clever, and action-packed...what more can one ask for?
  62. WesM.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Very great, disposable entertainment. Anyone who has actually encountered a "pikey" before would know, however, that Brad Pitt turned in a shite performance; terrible accent.
  63. JoelP
    Apr 9, 2009
    One of my faves of all time. This is another movie that separates the "real" movie viewers from the people who like movies. There aren't very many characters I can name off hand that are more interesting than marble-mouthed Brad Pitt. By the way, I am not an "expert" or a "real" movie viewer, case in point, I also love "BigTrouble in Little China", yee haw! Watch this movie!
  64. TimS
    Aug 24, 2009
    Great movie. Somehow I really enjoy watching this several times. The different storylines, the colourful characters and the humour really are my thing. A must watch for many a movie fan imo.
  65. SheriP.
    Jan 27, 2001
    More Benicio!!!
  66. RyanM.
    Aug 27, 2001
    One of the best films of the year! Richie's filmaking style is up-to-date and totally enthralling. Also, Pitt is exceptional as Mickey, the fast talking, bare knuckle, gypsy.
  67. Joshua
    Oct 24, 2002
    Great movie! "Lock, Stock" in it's final and finished form. Wit, comedy, and action, what more could you want?
  68. MarcK.
    Apr 11, 2002
    I saw "Lock, Stock..." and loved it! Apparently, all the acclaim went to Guy Ritchie's head. Snatch had it's moments, but mostly, it was a mess.
  69. Tom
    Apr 28, 2002
    What can I say? Pure genious.
  70. JordanKL
    Feb 11, 2003
    Best movie ever!!! great theme song
  71. Jolt
    Jul 23, 2003
    This movie kicks ass. I haven't laughed out loud like this in a long time!!!
  72. NikZ.
    Nov 16, 2004
    If a movie with massive character interaction and overacted roles, don't bother. However, if you like an intelligent heist with a cool tone I strongly suggest this movie. I always agree with Travers, but I will go one up on him and say that this film BURSTS through cliches with the intense criminal vibe that lingers from great scene to great scene. This is probably the fourth best If a movie with massive character interaction and overacted roles, don't bother. However, if you like an intelligent heist with a cool tone I strongly suggest this movie. I always agree with Travers, but I will go one up on him and say that this film BURSTS through cliches with the intense criminal vibe that lingers from great scene to great scene. This is probably the fourth best movie ever created, even better than Lock, Stock. Expand
  73. GaborA.
    Jun 16, 2005
    Usually critics dont put serious movies and movies like this on the same page. I dont know what they are expecting. This movie is stupid clever heaven.
  74. TyR.
    Dec 14, 2006
    Great movie, suspenseful, fast-paced, and hilarious. One of my favorites.
  75. raVen
    Nov 12, 2003
    This movie is strange and sideways and often rude. But there are parts of it that I love to death.
  76. Jan 7, 2015
    Not for kids or squeamish stomachs but we'll done. Ferris Beuller mixed with fight club and a twist or ten. Hard to call such violence entertaining but I was hooked till the end and was not disappointed. NOT FOR KIDS.

It all feels rather laddish and belabored, but it will eat up 90 minutes of your time without making you regret the loss.
    It takes a very clever schoolboy to make a movie as elaborately empty as Guy Ritchie's Snatch.
    For those who care, Madonna has found her match in Guy Ritchie, whose absence of talent when it comes to the film medium is equal to her own.