8.4

1. Dec 29, 2011
    If you have seen a Guy Ritchie film and enjoyed it, you will enjoy this. NO it is not a great movie, but it is extremely entertaining and fun to watch, which is the reason i watch movies. i am not giving it a 10 because it is perfect because its not, im giving it a 10 because it is my favourite movie so far. I have seen the making of the movie and can see that Guy Ritchie has his own way of directing that is not strictly professional and it shows through in the movie, IN A GOOD WAY. I recommend this fast paced Brittish heist/gangster movie to anyone who is reading this. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    If you can understand a word of Ritchie's screenplay, which is loaded with British slang unheard of for most Americans, that you might be able to enjoy it. Obviously, I wasn't. And didn't.
  3. Sep 20, 2011
    Loved it! Alan Ford's performance should be all the reason you need to see this. I'm not usually a fan of Ritche's work, with Sherlock Holmes being an exception, but this movie hooked me from the very beginning and never let go. Brad Pitt is terrific, even if you can't understand 95% of what he says.
  4. Sep 2, 2012
    This is probably the best British comedy I have ever seen.It's full of twist and irony. It's somewhat of a cross between Pulp Fiction and Burn After Reading. I't gets a little confusing when all the characters start running into each other, but quickly resolves it's self. This is a great movie to spend an hour and a half on. Brad Pitt's accent is alone, is worthy enough of your time.
  5. Oct 22, 2010
    Brilliant from start to finish. Classic characters in every single scene. This is surely Guy Richie's finest movie to date. I guess you'd have to be British to truly get the most out of it...?
  6. Jun 19, 2011
    It's a marked improvement over Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels, I'll give it that. It had a bigger budget, so it looks a whole lot better than that movie, and it has a more experienced cast, too, so the performances were a lot more convincing. Dennis Farina doesn't get enough work in Hollywood. He's so good, he has such an imposing presence, especially when he played Bones in Get Shorty. He's good in his role here, too. I liked Jason Statham, He actually had stuff to say, and when he has stuff to say, he's not bad. But Brad Pitt really stole the spotlight, no matter how incomprehensible he is in this movie. Talking with such a thick accent all the way through, he was hilarious, and I loved that nobody else out of his family had a clue what he was saying. But like Lock, Stock, I still have issues with Guy's dialogue. There's arrogance about the way everybody talks, and they all talk the same way, like they're all talking out of the same mouth. There's no individuality to the characters. Brad and Alan Ford are the only ones who really make their characters their own. Alan's **** accent is a gift from God I tell ya, He makes a great mob boss. But I never found the movie boring, It's fast-paced and occasionally funny, but there's no wit in the writing, and the plot never takes us anywhere, it just kinda goes on without becoming anything more than what it started out as, which would've been perfectly fine had there been interesting characters thrown in the mix with better dialogue to bounce off each other. Expand
  7. Aug 21, 2011
    i love this movie...Jason Statham and Brad Pitt are great, excellent movie...just like Lock, Stock...and even a bit better.I like ,,dawgs" ,,caravans" all of it.
  8. Dec 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My all time favourite movie tied with RocknRolla. Too many people say that it has no plot, and though there is very little of it, it is still their. However it is witty, funny, action packed and is just filled with awesome. A minor masterpiece. Jason Statham is very funny and is a strong character. I hoped to see more of him in this movie but sadly not. Brad Pitt showed his best acting to date (2011). He manages to keep a thick incomprehensible irish accent throughout. The scene where his mother dies in the caravan had me devastated. This movie really showed the potential he has. Lots of people say that all the characters are similar, but only one thing about them is similar. They all live a life of crime. To say that Boris the Blade (or Bullet dodger) is similar to Tom or Bullettooth is madness. The ending truly makes one joyful that it ended as it did. Looking forward to see Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, haven't seen it yet. Expand
  9. Dec 2, 2012
    So there's this stolen 86-carat diamond stone that has recently gone missing. And you can bet that there are quite a number of people who will risk their life and threaten lives in order to acquire this precious stone once news gets out. Except perhaps for one weird gypsy who just wants a brand new caravan for his mama, but that
  10. Sep 8, 2012
    Guy Ritchie never disappoints you. A funny and equally lame storyline, and Jason Statham's narration make this film way funnier than it actually is. I really liked the techniques that have been incorporated in this film considering the fact that it was released in 2001. The characterization is really good and the way all of the characters are shown related to each other in different way is really amazing. Brad Pitt and Jason Statham's performances were so good especially Brad Pitt's Pikey accent, always makes me laugh whenever I think about it. Overall it is a good film, "crime with humour topping" lovers should not miss it. Expand
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    Eh, it was nothing more than ok. There's nothing here really, other than a great performance from Brad Pitt. It had two stories, but only one was interesting and the other left much to be desired. The pace was quick, yet was boring and the dialogue did not help lighten it up in the least. It was funny in spurts for sure, which did help, but ultimately, this one does not live up to expectations.
  12. Feb 2, 2013
    An atrocious comedic drama which glamorizes criminal activity, violence, and almost mind-numbingly pervasive profanity...I had a hard time finishing it. Rest assured that your potential for gaining new insight or finding life-enriching meaning of any kind is slim to none; you definitely will not be uplifted. Even just measuring it in terms of simple entertainment value, its wit humor don't come close to compensating for its violence. The kinds of flashy bloodshed and theatrical cruelty which are found in films like Snatch desensitize fragile minds and corrode morals in a way that, yes, does in fact facilitate real-world violence. Brief example: the film's analysis of the efficiencies of pig farms for human corpse disposal some people inevitably walked away reflecting on the strengths weaknesses of different corpse disposal methods...a topic in which they would not have otherwise invested mental energy. I just wish we could have more honest conversations with ourselves and each other about the impact the media to which we expose ourselves has on us individually, and on those among us who are most malleable. Not to be preachy, but that there is any real market for this movie ought to be unsettling to those of us who value human life; this film almost entirely implies that it is worthless. Watch something else...there is plenty of better out there to be seen. Expand
  13. Jul 15, 2013
    Another amazing Guy Ritchie film. A bit like Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels. Very funny, very clever and very entertaining. If you haven't seen this or Lock Stock, then you need to watch them now. 10/10.
  14. Feb 5, 2014
    Snatch.'s intentions were to be a satire on the whole crime movie genre, but it ends up falling flat on a sarcastic, poorly-written script with comeback after comeback and no real substance. It's a shame, as good directing and a decent performance from Statham gave the movie potential.
  15. Dec 1, 2013
    It's a solid 8 or 9 depending on how you feel about the contrast between the very funny humor and the very violent crime that takes place. Definitely feels like the spiritual successor to lock stock, with a little more polish and star power.
  16. Mar 8, 2014
    Bence çok iyi bir film. neden bu kadar düşük olduğunada anlamadım. Guy Ritche muhteşem bir performans çıkarmış. kesinlikle izlenmesi lazım.
  17. Apr 17, 2014
    A highly under rated movies by many critics. The acting in this movie was great people like Brad Pitt pulled of incredible accents and performances which must have been really hard to do. The beginning of this movie was a little hard to follow but once it got started it was great.

It all feels rather laddish and belabored, but it will eat up 90 minutes of your time without making you regret the loss.
    It takes a very clever schoolboy to make a movie as elaborately empty as Guy Ritchie's Snatch.
    For those who care, Madonna has found her match in Guy Ritchie, whose absence of talent when it comes to the film medium is equal to her own.