3.9

1. Feb 28, 2014
    But, revere them or reject them, in my mind the Christ stories that generated the most controversy were the most interesting films. Son Of God is TV-movie watchable, but it is not the greatest telling of ostensibly the greatest story ever told.
  2. Mar 1, 2014
    The movie barley passed as a "B" movie and all I could think of was "when will this get over". The acting was VERY limited and the the movie. It would have been nice if there was an opportunity for actors to actually say more than five (5) words per line, The film (can't really call it a movie) jumped around without telling a story or being entertaining. It was easy to tell that it was culled from a miniseries and not a true movie. Two thumbs down. Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    What an insult, it was terribly written and acted don't waste your money, not even close to the greatest telling story, all we could think was when should we get up and walk out of the theater.
  4. Mar 6, 2014
    Well, it'll probably make Noah look like Citizen Kane by comparison! Christians settle for very little, it seems. And this is very, very little. Jesus movies are as difficult to do correctly as Ann Rand movies.
  5. Mar 5, 2014
    This movie is bad enough to make you want watch something like Twilight just to forget that pointless thing. Seriously,no,most of the scenes was just Jesus being a stalker. Wow,how cool.
  6. Mar 5, 2014
    The captivating story about the first man who learned to lie. The movie reminded me that Jesus was an annoying and intrusive stalker put on Earth to stop man from achieving any kind of mental progress. It should also be noted that Jesus is ripped and that he looks like a 25 years old Norwegian athlete. It confirms my theory that humanity always finds a way to look stupid. I'm really sorry there's no score lower than 0. Expand
  7. Mar 12, 2014
    This should have been a word for word adaptation of the bible . Sub par acting hokey exaggerated sense of wonder. Bland and weak even for Christians to enjoy well they have been under served by hollywood . Also why did they think so many drastic changes to the source material . Well most Christians alter the Bible to their liking.
  8. Mar 25, 2014
    Gross misrepresentation. I don't think I've ever seen a movie or play, about the life of Jesus Christ, that took more liberty and deviated more from the scripture than this one. I can't help but wonder if the script was written by an atheist skeptic.

If you stick to the information given to us nearly 2,000 years ago, I don't see how you can go wrong. It's basically a pre-hit homerun.
    Just repeat what was written. Expand
  9. Apr 22, 2014
    One more movie about Jesus looking like Jared Leto and I'll kill myself.What is this?Who?What?How?Why? is this happening to me.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  10. May 27, 2014
    This movie, like other movies like this, fails to deliver the story. The directors always assume that 1. it is going to be easy because the story is already written for them and 2. that everyone needs god. The director never tells the bible like a fantasy story like it is, but instead try to make it as believable as possible and meet an agenda. honestly, not worth the time or money
  11. May 6, 2014
    If you wanted to teach people about Jesus and explain what the Christians faith was all about to someone that does not know, then this movie falls very far short of that. I can not in any way shape or form recommend this movie. It skips all over the place and most of the acting is so bad no one seems believable in what they say or do. I am a Christian and wanted a good movie about Christ and can not believe I would even write this. It is that bad. A plea to Mel Gibson please direct another movie just make it about Christ whole life this time. I would come and work for free for you just to see that happen....we need people to spread the word but if the word makes no sense what good is it. Expand
  12. Mar 16, 2014
    I suppose the movie served it's purpose, to edify the faith of the already faithful. It is a devotional movie. If you are looking for something with any historical accuracy, you'll need to look on Netflix, in the Documentary section. This particular movie can safely and fairly be placed in the Fiction category.

1. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Apr 18, 2014
    There is nothing in this version that make any of this feel urgent or even important.
  2. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Mar 5, 2014
    Not to be glib but, obviously, believers will feel reaffirmed, and those looking to again enjoy and be enriched by the miraculous life and greatest sacrifice of Jesus will be rewarded. More casual viewers will find themselves glazing over from the obviousness of it all.
    Their movie has its moments, to be sure, and the target evangelical audience may well respond enthusiastically, but, unless your own salvation is riding on it, the film is mostly a slog.