6.1

1. Aug 30, 2014
    No, seriously. The movie actually wasn't that terrible, in my honest opinion. I recently rewatched Spider-Man 3 (4 days ago, to be accurate), and I have to say: the movie was quite underrated...I'll give the people reading this a minute or so to wrap that around their heads............................................................okay, minute over.
    Now, this would be the part where I
    put, "Some Spoilers Below". However, given that Spider-Man 3 came out in 2007...let's move on.
    Sandman was arguably the most superlative villain in the movie. The revelation that he was actually Uncle Ben's killer was certainly an effective plot twist. I truly felt that I could relate to him as a character. Furthermore, I believe that his final scene and "death" was the most emotional section of the entire film.
    Venom wasn't that badly portrayed either. I thought Topher Grace was a decent choice to play Eddie Brock (unlike a multitude of Spider-Man fans...). In addition, the Venom/Symbiote suit was also well translated from the comics into the big screen, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I found Harry Osborn to have been basically "tacked on" to the movie. The "New" Goblin's fight with Spider-Man felt utterly pointless (not to mention, he pulled 4 heel/face turns throughout the course of the movie). Other than that though, Spider-Man 3 was a good movie.
    I actually found the "Emo Peter Parker" to be pretty amusing. In fact, I thought that was the best (and most daring) portrayal of Peter in the entire Sam Raimi trilogy.
    So, while Spider-Man 3 (and I cannot stress this enough) is definitely NOT the greatest Spider-Man movie of all time, it is absolutely not a bad film either.
  2. Aug 27, 2014
    This movie isn't great and it's not horrible. In the end it's just a disappointing sequel to Spider-Man 2. They didn't spend much time with Venom or Sandman as they felt very rushed and didn't have enough character development.
  3. Jul 9, 2014
    סרט הספיידרמן הכי גורע שראינו, לא כדאי לראות. סרט שהרס לא מעט דמויות מהקומיקס של ספיידרמן. יש כמה סצינות שממש פדיחה בכלל לראות אותם. סרט שכל המעריצים של ספיידרמן התאכזבו ממנו, בעיקר בגלל שבו נהרסה הדמות של ונום
  4. Jun 23, 2014
    This movie receives too much hate for what it is. It is my favorite of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy (yes I liked it better than 2) It has the best dialogue out of all of them in which Maguire no longer is contented with a blank stare, and in my opinion has the most relatable and interesting villain of them all, the Sandman. His birth and eventual redemption are some of the most powerful I have ever seen in a movie. It has a huge array of memorable moments, and for one reason or another, I rather like the dance scene. Its well choreographed, is full of very energetic performances, but I can definitely understand why people were disgusted by that scene. But in the end, is it really enough to bring the entire movie down to unwatchable status? No, this movie is an incredible experience for any Spidey fan, just be ready for a cringe fest when emo-Peter begins showing his moves. Expand
  5. Jun 11, 2014
    "Spider-Man 3" tries to be bigger and bolder than "Spider-Man 2", however the movie fails. After seeing "Spider-Man 3" I thought the movie lacked ambition. The movie is overloaded with villains and plot elements, doesn't follow the comic book: We have Peter Parker inexplicably dancing in the streets like a loser, we have Mary Jane a selfish and stubborn girlfriend and finally we have Harry Osborn, a friend who loses his memory just to forget what Peter "did" so they can be friends again (How convenient) and indeed, the movie is not refined as the other two. Such a shame. Expand
  6. Jun 3, 2014
    The worst movie of Spider-Man and one of the worst from Marvel.........................................................................................
  7. May 9, 2014
    Spider-Man 3 is a disappointment for me. With X-Men 3: The Last Stand it was a different director but this is the same team. There are so many great ideas in here for a Spider-Man movie but the decision to use all of them at once rather than just use one or two results in a messy movie that lacks any sort of real focus and some elements of the film are not as fleshed out as they could have been or as much as I would have liked to have been. So many great ideas were in this movie that I was excited to see through various trailers and ads such as Gwen Stacy and the Black Suit and their handling was not what I wanted at all. But even with a messy story the film still could have been decent or mediocre but the film his hurt by some bad writing. The film spends excessive time on a poorly written romance and makes Peter unlikeable resulting in some parts of this film that are painful to watch. This is hard for me because I love Spider-Man and really want to like this movie but I love Spider-Man so much that I’m willing to get upset when a film about him is done wrong. It is so disappointing especially considering how good of a job Raimi did on the first two. Its sad because you can see the sparks of brilliance yet the execution is sloppy. If you are interested in seeing this film check out as its not all bad as there are some cool action scenes and this film has a mixed reaction with everyone having their own variations of how much they like it. However, lower your expectations as this a poorly put together film from someone who is capable of making good movies. The pieces are there I just wish they were put together properly. Expand
  8. May 4, 2014
    This is what happens when you have too many story lines, to many villains, and to many things to juggle. Spider-Man 3 sucks. Spider-Man 3 is a visually stunning movie and has a great score...that being said theres nothing else to it. The acting is clunky, the story is so tangled (no pun intended) and character motivations are constantly questions. things happen by coincidence...good call sony to get rid of Spidey 4 and bring in the new ones. Expand
  9. May 1, 2014
    I will always love Spider-Man, he was the first childhood superhero that I loved and grew up with. When I watched Spider-Man 3 the first time on DVD, I thought it was a great movie and the best of the trilogy. I even thought it was the best movie ever. (Keep in mind I was a kid, like 8 or 9 years old.) Then later on when I heard that people said that it had too many villains and too many subplots, I thought they were crazy. Then, I re-watched it a year or two later and saw it as a well-experienced movie viewer.

The reason why Spider-Man 3 wasn't the best it could have been was because, in my opinion, it didn't take itself seriously and felt a bit silly. (Emo-Peter Parker and him dancing all over NY with his stupid hair style? The effects of the black symbiote made him a "finger-snapping hipster" at worst, nothing else. Oh my god, those scenes for me ruined the movie more than the villains. Everytime I rewatch the movie, I skip those scenes. Really, what were they thinking?) The movie didn't feel too overwhelming or overstuffed to me...or maybe it was. I think most of the characters could've been expanded upon and developed better and fleshed out more (Venom/Eddie Brock, The New Green Goblin/Harry, Peter Parker, Mary Jane, Aunt May, etc).
    The visual effects, in some scenes, withstood the test of time better than the previous films. In other scenes though, the CGI felt a bit sloppy and crude (Venom and the symbiote and Harry and his glider). The music and soundtrack feel dramatic and iconic, throughout the whole movie it just adds to the experience. "The Birth of Sandman" scene was one of my favorite scenes from the film. It also combines the best of the film's music and CGI. Venom, the most complained about villain, wasn't too bad but his character development was rushed. Venom, with his rich story/background and the loads of good source material, should have been better. Topher Grace didn't look as muscular or evil or charismatic (depending on which iteration/version) as he should've been. Harry and Sandman were both fine though. Sandman was really great.

Spider-Man 3 was too rushed. Sam Raimi didn't want to include Venom and Gwen Stacy, that was the idea of Avi Arad and the executives at Sony/Columbia. The production, the crew, and the director were rushed and that affected the overall product. Spider-Man 3 could've been the best Spider-Man movie of the Sam Raimi trilogy, maybe the best of both trilogies, but it just messed up. I wonder what would've happened if Sam Raimi didn't listen to everyone suggesting ideas; maybe things would've turned out better. What would've happened if we had a Spider-Man 4? 5? 6?

Many people compare The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to Spider-Man 3, but the only similarity is that they each have three villains. Spider-Man 3 had Eddie Brock, who became villain at the last part of the film, and Harry Osborn, who became a hero at the last part of the film. And Sandman just leaves, and tells Spider-Man he's sorry. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has Rhino, who only a villain for 10-15 minutes. It also has Harry Osborn (again?) and Electro. Both of the latter are added in nicely and not squeezed in.

Spider-Man 3 is OK. The conclusion of the trilogy should have been better, but I'm satisfied enough with what we got.

If you want to read more of my in-depth reviews about movies and TV shows, please click on my name or on "All this user's reviews". Please read them and like them, I'd appreciate it. I put real effort into these reviews. I've also reviewed the other films in the original Sam Raimi trilogy, and the two films in the new reboot.
  10. Apr 28, 2014
    The highly anticipated follow up in Sam Raimi's masterful series ups the ante with 3 villains and the introduction of the black suit. The villains showcased in this movie are Sandman played by Thomas Hayden Church, New Green Goblin potrayed by James Franco and finally Venom played by Topher Grace. On paper this sounds amazing but in reality.... it wasn't. Too many plot points plague this movie and it turns into a mess story wise. Luckily the action makes up for it to not make it a total disaster but by far the weakest movie of Raimi's trilogy and probably the weakest Spidey film to date. Expand
  11. Apr 25, 2014
    two words....Jazz Hands!...One my great cinematic disappointments. It has some redeeming qualities, but I dont think I ever seen a film that I questioned so many choices. Topher Grace as Eddie Brock. That guy who plays that little twerp on that 70s show??? That would be like casting Ron Howard as Superman back in the 70s. Venom Brock has always been Alpha Male ahole to peters nice guy nerd motif. I think Rami tried over think that one. Its a pretty hollow spectacle all around and you will get so irritated at the MJ/Parker/Stacy/Osbourne love quadrilateral. . Expand
  12. Apr 22, 2014
    The final movie in the trilogy, while not as bad as some make out, is certainly the weakest. Much of the action and comedy is still there but by pitting Spider-Man against three enemies (rather just one as in the first two movies) the film loses its focus. Each of the enemies back stories are developed in too much detail and the web-slinger comes close to being a guest in his own movie that is arguably trying to be too ambitious. Expand
  13. Apr 20, 2014
    I don't know why critics and people are so mean with it because it's my favourite spider-man movie by far.There is more action and more characters there is an awesome plot but i agreed with the fact that in this movie the acting was pretty bad.I recommend it to everybody who likes superhero/action movies
  14. Apr 9, 2014
    lol people are really divided on this movie lol I for one enjoyed it; this was actually my most favorite spider man movie; the action was great, the emotional parts tugged at my strings, and a bad spiderman was a fresh change of pace; I don't know if its just me but the ending brought me to near tears; lol a great movie definantly; I would recommend anyone to just go in, watch the movie, and watch it on your own behalf; just because someone here said the movie was bad doesn't mean its bad; vice versa for good; lol

the only problem I had with this movie was that venom didn't get enough spotlight; sandman got more attention than venom and venom didn't get enough development; also the guy who played venom didn't really fit the persona of what I pictured venom to be; I always pictured venom to be this big buff guy that bullied peter parker but this actor failed to pull off that image lol still I suppose I he did a decent job of being venom lol he did get the cockiness of venom down pretty well lol

solid 8, great movie!
  15. Jan 11, 2014
    I enjoy this movie, but it does have it's problems.

The acting is good, the direction is good, the story is paced well and the action scenes are well done. I really do enjoy Harry as the goblin in my opinion as it creates a lot of tension between Peter and Harry as they are (or were) best friends. Peter and MJ finally have a romance, unlike the previous Spider Man movies and Jameson is
    always funny. The visuals are also great.

However, the story has so many plot points that it becomes convoluted and all of them could have been their own movie. You have the Sandman being the killer of Uncle Ben, the new goblin and his conflict with Peter and the Symbiote which creates Emo Peter, Peter breaking up with MJ, and Venom. Emo Peter was just unneeded and poorly done, instead of showing conflict with the symbiote, he appears to have a good time until he punches MJ and realized what he has done.

Venom was completely underutilized. When he showed up, he looked great, but the vast majority of the time he spoke, he was unmasked. Why? He looked great, why do we need to see Grace's face instead of VENOM? He is so far Spider Man's most anticipated villain to make an appearance on the big screen and when we got it, it was for 10 minutes. Disappointing.

Even though it's the weakest Spider Man movie, i enjoy watching Spider Man 3. I feel like it's a well made movie as it has good things like the acting, direction, action sequences and the visuals. However, because of having too many villains, the plot was convoluted and ALL of them could have made their own movie.
  16. Jan 6, 2014
    Depois do 2° se perdeu literalmente.
  17. Dec 8, 2013
    I have watch this spidey movie more 10 times, but the film is still not boring, this is spidey series movies the best. I love it, all acting, effect, music is great. If i can Give Score Spiderman Movie 1 Get 8.5, Spiderman Movie 2 Get 9, And Spiderman 3 Get 10 (Perfecto). Sam Raimi is The Best Director Movie Superhero
  18. Dec 2, 2013
    This film tried to hard to be everything all at once. Much like X-Men: The Last Stand, there are too many characters and not enough time to fully develop them. I was happy for the inclusion of Venom as a villain, but as he was a secondary character, he wasn't as fun or interesting as he should have been.
  19. Nov 13, 2013
    Spider-Man 3 gets exterminated.
    The film begins sound until trying to do too much all at once. The first mistake is attempting to introduce two new villains along with an already iconic one, and it completely collapses when Peter Parker nearly becomes a villain himself. The movie gets lost and doesn't find its way back home.
  20. Nov 11, 2013
    Okay, I'm gonna say that "Spider-Man 3" is just disappointing. It's a complete mess. The story was under-plotted, has too many plot holes, does not have the emotional satisfaction as "Spider-Man 2", and was just really bad. The only positive thing I can say about this film is the action and the visuals.
  21. Sep 20, 2013
    Damn. For the first two movies, the premise was fresh, exciting, never lagged, and was just so fun to watch. So, what happened in the third movie? It got a little dull, and included more drama, less action. Something big happens at the end which I won't spoil, and I swear by everything that is holy that no one wanted this event to happen.
  22. Aug 22, 2013
    Just like the reviews for M.J's play, this film is unbelievably underrated. The characters, story and themes all come full circle in this masterpiece. I love that the film combines all the goofy and emotional themes to conclude a fantastic story with much Oscar-worthy finesse (Sandman's creation, anyone?).

One of my favourite movies and I hope The Amazing Spider-Man 2 can live up to
    this amazing trilogy. Expand
  23. Aug 5, 2013
    The film plummets from the success of the masterpiece its predecessor was, but Spider-Man 3 still manages to entertain with humor and an emotional story, even if it had a bloated running time and lacked the memorability of Spider-Man 2.
  24. Aug 4, 2013
    Seeing this for the first time in the cinema, I must admit I was impressed, but I also left the feeling with a problem that I couldn't quite put my finger on, and when I watched it again, an again, the problems threw themselves at me to the point where I felt so disappointed, I didn't hate Spider-Man 3, but after such a strong and excellent second outing for our hero, the third tried to go bigger and bigger to the point where they seemed to lose track of characters, plot lines and an overall sense of enjoyment.
    A relatively unknown and unexplained symbiote crash lands on earth, and this makes for some very interesting changes in the personality of Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire), who continues to date the woman he loves, albeit with plenty of speed bumps along the way. Peter also has to deal with his estranged friend Harry, who now has a very ruthless side and his very own alter-ego, someone who causes problems for Spider-Man, but not alone. The film paves the way for not one, not two, but three villains. Just as can be imagined, it becomes messy and confusing with a bewildering and awkward love triangle, a very powerful villain who has a quick backstory and thats it, we have a villain in the form of Venom who could be touted as one of the most famous of foes, but the most underused and wrongly portrayed characters in film, rushed and overblown are a few choice words.
    Its just difficult to heighten any sense of character in these new foes, with a weak script which doesn't explore them with enough depth or gratifying belief that they could even contend with Doc Ock of the second film. They seem more like plot devices to move the story along, and Venom seemed to be used as a oh no, we forgot we had Venom shown earlier, stick him into that scene" type scenario. With this comes the vastly different main characters, who now seem like the kids they should have portrayed in the first film but are coming up late, with the lack of humour definitely apparent.
    But the action and visuals continue to come up top marks, with the birth of Sandman being a particularly impressive scene which one of the limited marvels of the film, some of the action sequences were excellent, many just seemed to help knock up the budget with no relevance at all to the story. There is certainly a different, darker and much more gritty attitude in the third and final instalment of the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire era, but it moves too fast and leaves too many characters out in the cold, adding up to a disappointing and ultimately messy affair.
  25. Jul 15, 2013
    Se daño un poco la saga sin embargo tiene su encanto de Hombre araña que demuestra en la primera y segunda parte, De un modo Peter Parker saca su lado oscuro de una forma no muy chevere tal vez al ponerle mas accion se perdio el hombre araña que habia antes
  26. Jul 9, 2013
    Disappointingly, Spider-Man 3 puts the bad back into third films. While the film had some stunning visual effects and solid performances, the script was an absolute mess, the tone was confused, and the movie simply had too much going on to focus its sights on one thing. Additionally, the unnecessary cheese and goofiness made the story difficult to take seriously, making for a film that equaled the death of a series. Expand
  27. Jul 1, 2013
    All three Spider-Man films are very good, but this is my least favourite of the three. Having said that it's still a very good movie and a lot of the lose ends were tied up, as well as learning more about things from the first film in particular. The whole 'Peter turns Emo' was a little odd, and I don't think the villains were as strong as the first two films villains, so thats the lows, but being a Spider-Man there is always going to be a lot of good and I still thoroughly enjoyed watching it! Expand
  28. May 31, 2013
    I was in third grade when this movie came out and I absolutely loved it. But as I grew older I realized that I didn't like Venom in this movie. There just wasn't enough of him in this movie and I could tell Sam Raimi didn't try to make him as cool as he is in the comics. I also wish they had left Sandman out of this film. Overall, it was a decent film.
  29. Mar 14, 2013
    Not bad, not good either. It has some really good scenes. It has some really bad scenes. Which genius thought it would be a great idea to cast Topher Grace as Eddie Brock? Eddie Brock/Venom is meant to be the opposite to Parker both physically and mentally. Grace does do a good job at nailing Brock/Venom's mentality but he just does not look the part. Brock/Venom was meant to be much bigger. A body builder in comparison to Spider-Man. As to Emo-Peter I think pretty much everyone else has said what is need to be said about this. Thomas Haden Church on the other hand is perhaps the only saving grace of this movie. He was an excellent Sandman. In fact I could even go so far as to say his version is even superior to the one in the comics. Sandman was always just a side character, but Church really did give him some depth and reason. Overall: Spider-Man 3 as a whole isn't terrible but it has just got far, far too many ideas floating about that are just underdeveloped. As if Raimi was trying to please too many people at once. Expand
  30. Feb 27, 2013
    You can only assume that Raimi intended to make a comedy but changed his mind at the last minute. Peter Parker dances away his credibility and the potential for a sequel.

1. The wow factor works overtime with state-of-the-art effects sequences that often are as beautiful as they are astonishing.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A sense of strain envelops the proceedings this time around. One can feel the effort required to suit up one more time, come up with fresh variations on a winning formula and inject urgency into a format that basically needs to be repeated and, due to audience expectations, can't be toyed with or deepened very much.
    Overly long and complicated, it's packed with crowd-pleasing moments and satisfactorily wraps up the trilogy - without quite capturing the magic of the first two installments.