Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over

5.5

1. Apr 21, 2015
    lame boring stupid unfunny just like the other spy kids films. there is this one sense were the girl has to fight his guy and she dies (Kind of spoilers) and the guy still is on there them why he just killed someone.
  2. Dec 14, 2014
    only 3d movie besides AVATAR that is actually in 3D =)
  3. Nov 23, 2014
    It fails to catch the charm of the first two movies or the aura of the video game community. It relies on the viewers understanding of the previous films' characters without attempting to expand upon them or the new ones introduced. Family themes and comedic spy jokes are now replaced with unfunny video game quirks that are too generic for even a gamer to enjoy. Mix in some terrible CGIIt fails to catch the charm of the first two movies or the aura of the video game community. It relies on the viewers understanding of the previous films' characters without attempting to expand upon them or the new ones introduced. Family themes and comedic spy jokes are now replaced with unfunny video game quirks that are too generic for even a gamer to enjoy. Mix in some terrible CGI and little relevant messages or references, Spy Kids 3D was as dated then as it is today. Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2014
    Robert Rodriguez made a spy kids 2 which is okay but then he made a 3rd one . Finally Robert Rodriguez made a spy kids action pack . the effects are stunning and the fact that there playing a video game .
  5. Nov 17, 2013
    Spy Kids: Game Over 3D is well filmed and acted, with its corny humour added as a joke. Sly Stallone is our Rambo but not a comedian! He wasn't funny and was added for FUN. Rodriguez has also added excellent 3D popcorn magic that will boost the sales for this film. It was really good corny fun that satisfies. Must watch with flaws.
  6. Oct 7, 2013
    The plot is very stupid and the acting is weak but I will give Spy Kids 3-D this They actually use 3-D. From start to finish they actually use quite a bit of 3-D and it is fun to watch, For that alone it's worth watching but do not go into it expecting a good movie but it really isn't.
  7. Jan 12, 2013
    It's bad .. it really is ... GAME OVER.
  8. Dec 31, 2011
    Spy Kids gets worse and worse with every new installment: the acting, the plot, the dialogue. The only thing that gets better is the special effects. Apparently, that is all people care about anymore.
  9. Oct 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. The idea of 3-D is wisely used for "Spy Kids 3-D", but the other components, such as the story or acting, kinda lowered the bar for this film. Collapse
  10. Aug 9, 2011
    57? Are you kidding me? People think this movie is good? Did this director make me want to hate Sly Stallone? This movie was worthless **** The worst thing Elijah Wood has ever done and he was in it for 30 seconds
  11. Mar 13, 2011
    The movie wasn't funny or gripping. But I don't hate the movie which is why I'm gonna give the film a 4.
  12. Oct 24, 2010
    it beats the second movie in just one shot and its an excellent movie in 3D.
  13. Louis'sbrother
    Mar 22, 2007
    The spy kids series just gets worse and worse as it goes along, not to mention the concept is a ripoff from the matrix series. 3-D doesn't make it any better. What ruined it the most, as did the other spy kids movies, is that the villians always turn good in the end!!! It's not cool, it's dumbness defined.
  14. EricG.
    Jun 29, 2006
    Yeah, there were some good action sequences and all, but mostly, this movie was uneventful and, maybe between you and me, slightly boring.
  15. Anonymous
    Jan 7, 2006
    This movie sucked the first one was actually good but the seccond one got worse and this one just sucked.
  16. PatrickD.
    Aug 23, 2005
    THe main thing that ruined the movie was the THey have a lot of lines such as "If you win, I get bonus points." It's following the same trail as JAWS.
  17. jakeb.
    Aug 12, 2005
    I hate it the people are ugly and the storyline was messed up. it was like the writers were high !!! they were just bored and knew they could make money because of the name spy kids. i would rather watch barbie.
  18. Sam
    Jul 13, 2005
    This movie is TERRIBLE! Lame, annoying characters, poor acting and dumb dialouge are the high points. The "love" scenes are terrible as are the action scenes, and it sucks. The other 2 high points, in agreement with Boneho C. are the refferences to Metroid and Halo.
  19. UtharW.
    Sep 16, 2004
    Insulting to the video game industry. The creators of this film have obviously never played Half-Life.
  20. CameronS.
    Apr 6, 2004
    It burnt my eyes and wasn't much fun. Seriously, how did anybody enjoy the 3D aspect of the film, it is jarring and it makes all the potentialy pretty colors thinner and nasty looking. I do have some desire to see if the film is good looking at all on the 2D DVD.
  21. BekimS.
    Mar 16, 2004
    It's the best movie ever.
  22. FuggiMcGoo
    Mar 6, 2004
    What a 3-d headache!
  23. BonehoC.
    Mar 3, 2004
    If this movie wasn't in 3D it would get a big fat 0. The story really sucks. It can also be really corny. The 3D effects are really good, but most of the time the 3D glasses don't work. They also hurt your eyes. They did mention Halo though, and that's cool.
  24. SaerA.
    Feb 16, 2004
    I kinda liked this movie, but the story starts off when u dont even know how Carmen got kidnapped!!
  25. AwaisA.
    Jan 29, 2004
    It's so fast past i didnt see it comin'.
  26. SteveP.
    Jan 20, 2004
    A great kids movie. The 3-D is fun but would have been much better in the superior polarized glasses format. The red/blue stuff isn't half as good.
  27. MikeM.
    Dec 14, 2003
    This si the worst movie out of the 3 spy kids movies. The story is ridicouls. The only thignthat kept me awake wa the 3-D stuff which was really good(thats why I didnt give it a 0) The worst thing is there is no lesson to be learned or somethign like that its just all waling around and flying and all that speical effects sh.t
  28. AlyssaS.
    Dec 13, 2003
    I really liked this movie. It was really cool not only for it's 3D. But the show it self was pretty cool too.
  29. NickH.
    Nov 29, 2003
    This movie is the best... especially cos alexa is in it, she is soooo fine but it is still ace (jus wunt b da same wiout her tho)
  30. JGeorgio
    Nov 22, 2003
    A great movie from start to finish!!!! I think that if anyone did not like this movie, they have TERRIBLE taste.
  31. JonathanF.
    Aug 29, 2003
    While impressive, the 3D was quite hard on your eyes. You leave the movie theatre feeling as though you had just woken up after about 2 hours of sleep. I think the film's weakest point was when they called in "everyone" just to try to link the movie to the last two. The falling sequence was realistic and cool, though.
  32. Cmeyer
    Aug 20, 2003
    My 9 yr old niece and i went to this movie looking for a good time ... and for the MOST part we had a decent time. BUT ... the 3-D really was bad. It made me dizzy and my niece's eyes hurt throughout the whole movie and a few times we had to remove the glasses and just watch it as is. the story and all was fine and the ideas and imagination was wonderful. But overall, the film let us My 9 yr old niece and i went to this movie looking for a good time ... and for the MOST part we had a decent time. BUT ... the 3-D really was bad. It made me dizzy and my niece's eyes hurt throughout the whole movie and a few times we had to remove the glasses and just watch it as is. the story and all was fine and the ideas and imagination was wonderful. But overall, the film let us down. If it WOULDNT have been 3-D an would have been done w/CGI it would have been a wonderful film. Expand
  33. WAKOJAKO
    Aug 14, 2003
    This film was trully shocking...shoCkingly bad, that is. I liked the previous two Spy Kids, so I was expecting something along the lines. But what we get instead is one of the most idiotic cinematic endeavors since...The Hulk. At least with the hulk you get the sense the filmakers were trying to go somewhere. In Spy Kids 3-D, you get nothing but a mind-numbing headache. Even if the plot This film was trully shocking...shoCkingly bad, that is. I liked the previous two Spy Kids, so I was expecting something along the lines. But what we get instead is one of the most idiotic cinematic endeavors since...The Hulk. At least with the hulk you get the sense the filmakers were trying to go somewhere. In Spy Kids 3-D, you get nothing but a mind-numbing headache. Even if the plot had been the least bit involving, the so-called 3-D effects are so atrocious that you could never settle in long enough to enjoy it. This movie just sucked. Expand
  34. TommyJ.
    Aug 5, 2003
    Spy kids is the stupidest thing ever end it now.
  35. MarkV.
    Aug 5, 2003
    I think the movie was good but could have been better, cmon how hard is it to make a 3D movie? I believe it is very hard. I also think that Rodriguez did an excellent job in making us feel that we werer in the game. this is why I give it a whopping 10.
  36. AlB.
    Aug 4, 2003
    We took our six y.o. daughter to see this, and while *I* enjoyed it greatly, she didn't, and was even a bit afraid of the 3D stuff. I disagree with those who didn't see any 3D - perhaps your glasses were broken, or didn't fit right, or perhaps your theater's projectors were out of focus. I thought the 3D was well done. Not a great movie by any means - but at the same We took our six y.o. daughter to see this, and while *I* enjoyed it greatly, she didn't, and was even a bit afraid of the 3D stuff. I disagree with those who didn't see any 3D - perhaps your glasses were broken, or didn't fit right, or perhaps your theater's projectors were out of focus. I thought the 3D was well done. Not a great movie by any means - but at the same time, it wasn't 90 minutes of "When will this thing end?", which is my usual reaction to bringing our daughter to the theater to see a "kids" film. Some funny lines for the adults as well, which caught me by surprise. :) Expand
  37. EllieF.
    Aug 1, 2003
    It was so exciting! It felt like you were in the video game! The apperance from Elijah Wood was cool too!
  38. ChadS.
    Aug 1, 2003
    Sylvester Stallone isn't Eddie Murphy, or Peter Sellers, that's for sure. It should've been fun to see Rocky stretch, but Stallone is neither convincing, nor funny, playing multiple characters. Unfortunately, he seems to have the same amount of screen time as Alexa Vega; sadly, under-utilized here. Since Antonio Banderas appeared in some of Pedro Almodovar's earlier Sylvester Stallone isn't Eddie Murphy, or Peter Sellers, that's for sure. It should've been fun to see Rocky stretch, but Stallone is neither convincing, nor funny, playing multiple characters. Unfortunately, he seems to have the same amount of screen time as Alexa Vega; sadly, under-utilized here. Since Antonio Banderas appeared in some of Pedro Almodovar's earlier films, Vega's coma felt like a homage to "Talk to Her". As for the film, "Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over" doesn't feel like a sequel because the kids don't get to be spies. It's preferable to the last installment because "Game Over" isn't really competing with the brilliant original. Get rid of the real world sequences that brackets the video game section, and you got yourself a spiffy short film. The 3-D images are great but they look less impressive out in the Texas exteriors. Expand
  39. VictorP.
    Jul 30, 2003
    This is the worst movie i have ever seen. The 3-D was horrible and they tried to fit in a girlfriend boyfriend deal with the little kid. Antonio Banderas was only in the last 5 minutes and he is the best actor in that movie.
  40. Mattyankee
    Jul 25, 2003
    No 3d effects.
  41. RajS.
    Jul 25, 2003
    I liked the 3D effects. Although they were using an out-dated 3D process, the effects were still impressive. The story wasn't the best, but it kept the action moving.

Overall it's a harmless disappointment, hampered by the thin story and a surprisingly dreary looking video-game setting, heavy on the floating platforms, cartoony future-cityscapes and goofy gadgetry.
    There are no boring, expository sequences; no depressing, grown-up politics. Instead, Rodriguez gifts us with a kaleidoscope of energy and invention.
  3. A good example of complex Hollywood wizardry placed in the service of sharp, intelligent family entertainment.