5.6

1. Feb 2, 2011
    This film was excellent! Finally a clean, good, and funny family movie. The acting and singing were amazing but the best part of this film were the hidden values in the script. I enjoyed every moment and it truly brought a tear to my eye in a great way. I am so upset that I didn't see it at the theatre and the advertising wasn't done properly -- truly a shame since this would haveThis film was excellent! Finally a clean, good, and funny family movie. The acting and singing were amazing but the best part of this film were the hidden values in the script. I enjoyed every moment and it truly brought a tear to my eye in a great way. I am so upset that I didn't see it at the theatre and the advertising wasn't done properly -- truly a shame since this would have been worth the trip. I hope that this fim gets recognized and the cast get proper recognition for their hard work. Expand

Off the wall? Friend, you don’t know off the wall until you’ve seen five twelve-year-old girl singer-dancers cover the Tina Turner/Phil Spector epic “River Deep, Mountain High” in the screwball kiddie dance comedy, Standing Ovation.
  2. The cast is full of fresh-faced unknowns ready for their close-ups. Most likely to succeed is Kayla Jackson, an almond-eyed dreamer, as Brittany, anchor of the Ovations and of her family.
  3. Standing Ovation is an innovative film in the sense that every minute or so it comes up with a different way of being annoying. Moreover, it often goes for a layered effect, in which it's annoying in two or three ways simultaneously.