8.2

1. Sep 23, 2013
    If anything this is always what I refer to as the "feel good" ST movie. Great effects. Great performances all round. Story is decent, for the most part. I did find the whale plot device a little weird and too simplistic considering what was at stake.

As to the time travel, well that's a great way to save money on wardrobe and set design. Overall: While the movie does feel a little

Overall:
    While the movie does feel a little cheap at times and the plot is a little odd in places. As a whole it is allot of fun, highly enjoyable and pretty much the best feel good film of the franchise.

1. Reviewed by: Staff [Not Credited]
    Apr 2, 2013
    Latest excursion is warmer, wittier, more socially relevant and truer to its TV origins than prior odysseys.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Wilmington
    Apr 2, 2013
    It has an irresistibly sure touch, an easy command of its audience. It hits the right buttons, strikes the right chords, plays with our expectations with the right blend of savvy, guile and imagination. [26 Nov. 1986]
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Apr 2, 2013
    The latest "Star Trek" is the most down-to-earth, and certainly the funniest, movie in the series, further evidence of the show's amazing durability. [1 Dec. 1986, p.89]