7.4

1. BB.
    Feb 15, 2008
    Critics are ridiculous; this worthless, cliche piece of sh*t averages above 50% while movies that push boundaries or say f*ck you to the rating system get torn apart by these guys....... really quite pathetic IMO of course.
  2. ChadS.
    Feb 17, 2008
    No idiot plot, no crisis; all Andie(Briana Evigan) had to do was tell her guerrilla dance troupe(?) that it's either performing arts school, or Texas, but no communication leads to expulsion from the 401. Andie, however, is too raw for the Maryland School of the Arts, and conversely, her new possee of eclectic hoofers are too cooked for the streets. Perversely, "Step Up 2: The No idiot plot, no crisis; all Andie(Briana Evigan) had to do was tell her guerrilla dance troupe(?) that it's either performing arts school, or Texas, but no communication leads to expulsion from the 401. Andie, however, is too raw for the Maryland School of the Arts, and conversely, her new possee of eclectic hoofers are too cooked for the streets. Perversely, "Step Up 2: The Streets" will have the audience rooting for the rich kids to school the ghetto kids at their own game. Even worse, Chase Collins(Robert Hoffman), the privileged white guy, gets the girl...and street cred, as well. Chase is the Pat Boone of street dancing. Meanwhile, Tuck(Black Thomas), 401's founder, like so many black performing artists before him(including Little Richard; Boone's version of "Tutti Frutti" ousold Richard's), is forced to watch his white counterpart have more success with the artform he pioneered. Expand
  3. RyanS.
    Mar 3, 2008
    This is the kind of garbage that our youth think is cool? Wow, I feel bad for my fellow teenagers then. This movie sucks so bad, I don't know where to begin. All the people giving this high reviews have no idea what the word cinematography means and clearly never want to learn it. They would rather watch mindless crap (the plot) with a touch of cardiovascular aerobics and ass shaking This is the kind of garbage that our youth think is cool? Wow, I feel bad for my fellow teenagers then. This movie sucks so bad, I don't know where to begin. All the people giving this high reviews have no idea what the word cinematography means and clearly never want to learn it. They would rather watch mindless crap (the plot) with a touch of cardiovascular aerobics and ass shaking (the "dancing.") Don't get me wrong, I like a good ass shaking myself, but I don't need to go pay $9.50 for it. I can get that in real life, or worse comes to worst the internet for free. This movie is for idiotic teenie-bopper girls with nothing better going on in their real life... yea maybe one day you'll be in this girls shoes... only you'll be a stripper at a dirty nasty strip club in the ghetto. Expand
  4. SarahM.
    Jun 14, 2008
    The only reason why I gave it any stars is becasue of the level of talent of dancers in this movie. Chu has to challenge a children'ts television personality to a breakdancing "dance off" because he is a LOSER!
  5. JayH.
    Jul 14, 2008
    Why they made a sequel to a bad unsuccessful movie escapes me. Ghetto melodramatics, uninspired acting and the dancing isn't even that good. The plot is just a rehash of many previous films.
  6. Oct 19, 2013
    As this film is a sequel from. step up, the quality really fell down. First of all, the story was too centred on the two main characters. One thing I liked in the first movie was the fact that there was a story, and a developement of the characters. In this one, the guy had already known everyone and suddenly joined the group without any problems. I wouldn't call them secondary characters,As this film is a sequel from. step up, the quality really fell down. First of all, the story was too centred on the two main characters. One thing I liked in the first movie was the fact that there was a story, and a developement of the characters. In this one, the guy had already known everyone and suddenly joined the group without any problems. I wouldn't call them secondary characters, but extras, as their participation had no influence in the story. They mostly danced and hardly acted, they were only used to fill the girl's group.
    Also, the story was very predictable. (Sarcasm alert) A talented and beautiful young girl who dreams of being dancer is dropped out from her group! She then meets a (suposely) handsome and charismatic guy, Who imediately offers his help, by joining an entire group, just for her. Besides already having boyfriend she gives him hopes and becomes interested on him. Then, there are two other characters: the friend who is in love with the guy and a boy that loves her( the guy's friend, not the main girl). The group, in order to obtain respect from the girl's old companions, forget about their dignity and enters some street competition just to show them they're the best oh! Clichê, what would be of the production without you...). And they win, what a surprise! end of sarcasm)
    The soundtrack also didn't surprise me. In my opinion, the objective of a sequel should be to make a movie in order to supass the previous one. This one gave me the feeling it was only made to sell. There was no realism at all, they just gave the viewer what he wanted: a perfect story.
    If you liked this movie, you should watch the first one to understand what I'm talking about.

1. Human-spirit cliches and all, the movie accomplishes job one: It moves. It also has a choice soundtrack, spiced by the likes of Missy Elliott’s “Shake Your Pom Pom” and Digital Underground’s immortal “Humpty Dance.”
    Much of the average viewer's time in the theater will be spent waiting somewhat impatiently for the high-energy climax. Catnaps are an advisable way to survive some of the slow spots.
  3. Reviewed by: Gregory Kirschling
    In a sequel that features the original's Channing Tatum only in cameo, a Baltimore teen (Briana Evigan, very winning) enrolls at an arts academy, leaving her street-dancing pals behind. So far, ho hum. But when she decides to form a new crew with her classmates, Step Up 2 the Streets improves considerably -- and it doesn't skimp on cool pretzel moves.