Screen Gems | Release Date: January 12, 2007
7.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 41 Ratings
WATCH NOW
JasonM.Jan 11, 2007
I saw this at a screening. Its not oscar-worthy but the plot was pretty good, not what I expected. I thought the whole point was DJ dancing his way to the end. But it was pleasant. Good lesson in the movie. Columbus Short is a phenomenol I saw this at a screening. Its not oscar-worthy but the plot was pretty good, not what I expected. I thought the whole point was DJ dancing his way to the end. But it was pleasant. Good lesson in the movie. Columbus Short is a phenomenol dancer and actor and showed a lot of range, along with Brian White. I suggest and encourage seeing this movie, possibly 2 times. Expand
JosephF.Jan 12, 2007
It's a classic dance film that finally brings a happening underground dance craze to the big screen.
RebeccaM.Jan 14, 2007
AMAZING. It's not trying to be a character film, it's a dance movie and it shocks and awes.
EmanuelC.Jan 14, 2007
Sure the plot is weak, slow and ultimately predictable but the dancing and the way the dancing is photographed makes the movie worth seeing over and over again. I can't wait to buy the DVD.
ShannonFeb 11, 2007
Dance movie or not..whatever speaks to young people, let it rip!! The culture of the movie is just what is it..for generations, we've stepped, danced, and graduated. It's a message to let young people find themselves..strive and grow.
MakiaI.Feb 1, 2007
Captured the true essence of black fraternities and soroities.
JasminR.Jun 11, 2007
I love this movie. It shows what black fraternities are all about. I think Columbus did a great job portraying step moves and I think he's a GREAT dancer! I really love Columbus Short. I am a young person myself I think that this movie I love this movie. It shows what black fraternities are all about. I think Columbus did a great job portraying step moves and I think he's a GREAT dancer! I really love Columbus Short. I am a young person myself I think that this movie is by far the BEST movie for young colored kids, coming into college!! Expand
JordanSMay 15, 2009
This movie was a great movie I really loved watching this movie! "Stomp The Yard" had an awesome Choreography!
MadisonL.Jan 21, 2007
This movie is the sickest movie I have ever seen. The people and their dancing are amazing, It is the greatest film ever therefore it can not be a 45.
BrandonB.May 14, 2007
This movie is very cool. It has its sad parts and all the moves are awesome it is a thrillride from the acting to the impossible moves they pulled of The Director made this movie his best one. This movie is AWESOME so buy it tomorrow.