8.1

1. Oct 5, 2011
    "Tarzan" is one of those Disney classics that molded your brain and your heart with passion and innocence. A colorful masterpiece overall.
  2. Apr 22, 2011
    Heartfelt, featuring terrific action and exciting animation, and based on a lovable and emotional story, 'Tarzan' works even as a great musical, but as an animated film, it stretches to the Top.
  3. Dec 21, 2010
    Like most of the old Disney classics, this movie just has something special about it. It seems Disney has been losing its touch the last few years. A person could almost say that the company has forgotten what Disney is about. Tarzan is arguably as good as if not better than The Lion King. It has great asthetics, audio and a soundtrack that shouldn't be forgotten (but as time goes on, no doubt will be), has well developed characters, a story that one could not walk away from unfinished and of course that little bit of magic that Disney always used to have. I have no problem with Disney's Pixar films such as Toy Story, Finding Nemo and even maybe Up, but I am sorry to say that I think Disney has gotten lost in the new technology of today and may never go back to the fantastic old styles like Tarzan here. Then again, I have yet to watch The Princess and the Frog. Expand
  4. Apr 23, 2011
    This movie is one of Disney's greatest. Heart warming, inspiring, fantastic. The visuals, plot, and soundtrack are the stand-out features, but it is the sheer excellence in all areas of the film that make this a movie for everyone, not just a child's movie.
  5. Dec 17, 2011
    Cool, with an amazing message and score make Tarzan one of Disney's most entertaining films yet, and it also has an amazing voice performance from Rosie O'Donnell. I give this movie a 81% of a good movie.
  6. Oct 11, 2010
    An amazing movie I loved as a kid, and I still do to this day! The music by Phil Collins is also very excellent, in fact the best since Lion King at the time.
  7. Feb 20, 2012
    One of my favourite Disney animated films. Has a great story, interesting characters and one of the best animation the company has ever done. Seeing Tarzan sliding through the jungle like he's skating on it is just amazing to look at. Tarzan acts as he should act; like an ape but he still has a lot of humanity in him, Jane is the best damsel in distress I have ever seen in any film and the animal characters are creatively designed and well thought out. The only problem I have with this film is Phil Collins singing in and out of the film. It is out of place and is completely random. Oh and I don't like Phil Collins' singing that much. Don't get me wrong, the songs are fantastically composed but it should have been sung by the characters in the film instead of Collins and if it was just Phil Collins composing and the characters singing, it would've been one of Disney's best musical because the songs are really great. Overall, a great Disney movie. Expand
  8. Oct 23, 2010
    like Mulan, Tarzan is excellent
  9. Mar 3, 2014
    Tarzan is a decent Disney movie, featuring great animation and some exciting action sequences. It has a very classical feeling to it, albeit shot through with a bit more violence than usual. Good stuff.
  10. Nov 12, 2012
    Tarzan is a bright and beautiful film lifted only higher by the brilliance of Phill Collins' soundtrack.
  11. Jan 6, 2014
    divertido e com um ótimo visual
  12. Mar 11, 2013
    I love this movie, and i'm still watching it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Jan 10, 2013
    One of my favourite Disney films and its a tale we all knew growing up about the Jungle Boy who fell in love when he met Jane. Disney does a pretty tame version of this for the kids of course but its still an enjoyable Family film with some great songs from Phil Collins and some rather touching scenes in there also. Voice talents were all spot on, no real stand-outs but as a whole a great cast. Overall definitely a highlight for the more recent Disney films released and worth checking out! Expand
  14. Jul 6, 2013
    "Tarzan" brings a beautiful heartwarming tale, and while it does lack the strength in the middle sections of the film, it's still great fun. With bright beautiful visuals, a catchy theme, and action-filled, "Tarzan" can soar.
  15. Nov 12, 2013
    Overly melodramatic, and the music makes the splendid film more corny. But the film has its moments, mostly due to the weird relationship of Tarzan and Jane. Provocatively humorous, and a friendly, childlike version to the gritty books of nineteenth century. A regular Disney movie.
  16. Apr 23, 2014
    Tarzan is a daring, wildly entertaining Disney movie that makes the occasional misstep, but it is still a great film for all ages. In terms of retelling this classic story, "Tarzan" delivers.
  17. Aug 17, 2014
    After films like "The Lion King" and "Pocahontas", "Tarzan" comes as a reminder of the same theme that Disney loves to use, nature vs. human. A balanced story, overall, but too similar to many predecessors in terms of messages and animation. Feels more like an unimaginative sequel to some "Jungle Book".

Of the many excellent animated features Disney has produced over the past decade, this is the one that feels the freest, and sweetest.
  2. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    The movie is a collision between inspiration and tastelessness, between the defiantly quirky and the wholesomely homogenized. I hated it in principle--I hate most modern Disney cartoons--but adored a good deal of it in practice.
  3. We may have seen it all before, but when it's done up like this, experiencing it all over again is a pleasure. [16 June 1999, Calendar, p.F-1]