- Starring: Danny Woodburn, Jeremy Howard, Megan Fox, Noel Fisher, Whoopi Goldberg, Will Arnett, William Fichtner
- Summary: The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder’s diabolical plan. [Paramount Pictures]… Collapse
- Director: Jonathan Liebesman
- Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comedy, Animation
- More Details and Credits »
The castmembers portraying Splinter and the turtles achieve a persuasive level of realism that was never possible with the elaborate puppetry required for the original film series and adequately fulfill expectations for their characters.
Aug 13, 2014A consistently workmanlike helmer, Liebesman (Wrath of the Titans, Battle: Los Angeles) keeps the pace brisk and the overall tone closer to that of the recent G.I. Joe vehicles, infusing this glorified toy commercial with an almost aggressively knowing sense of humor and exactly one fun action sequence on New York’s most conveniently located mountaintop.
The cloddish, confusing action scenes make no sense. Young viewers’ eyes will glaze from the first-person video-game style. Nonaction scenes feature people sniping at each other, or, in Arnett’s case, croaking out the script’s half-assed witticisms, until the Turtles show up.
Aug 8, 2014This movie completely satisfied me and set itself up for a great sequel. It had great CGI and facial animation which made the turtles seem like actual characters. It had amazing fight scenes and actually made me say, DAMN! great new story and it made me laugh out loud several times. I can't wait for the second.… Expand
Nov 2, 2014TMNT was a movie that gave you what you want, if you wanted superpowers, action, unbelievable special effects and entertainment.
I recommend this movie to the ages of 7 and up. The acting was not all that great but the laughs made up for it. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the movie I thought it was not worth watching it in 3D as there was only a few well done 3D scenes.
I highly rate this movie due to the fact that the special effects were amazing and it was a great thrill ride!… Expand
Aug 9, 2014This movie wasnt very bad for me, just a really fun popcorn flick. Megan Fox was probably the biggest detractor and even then she didnt ruin the entire movie.
The turtles were done really well, I was expecting them to be much bigger and thankfully they werent. Anyway, I'm glad I went to see this movie despite all the negativity surrounding it.… Expand
Aug 13, 2014A movie only good by Michael Bay standards and pleasant only as trashy fun. Despite the enjoyable visuals and effects, likability of the characters, and fun and touching moments the film is plagued by a scattered brained plot, plot holes, underdeveloped characters and lack of loyalty to the source material.
The movie also suffers from an excessive jokieness that makes the film evoke annoyance more than laughs and also very uneven screen writing and sloppy plot development that doesn't tie up the story nicely in the end. Overall the movie has plenty of redeeming qualities which save it from its script and poor plot and can simply be enjoyed as a stuffed action flick with enjoyable moments with a sub-par plot and screenwriting.… Expand
Oct 19, 2014Very simply the reason why I have given this film such a low score - It does not make any reference or use any of the great story line from the comics/ old films and tv shows.
The reasons for this:
1. Nothing about Japan is mentioned. Japan and Ninjitsu are the back story here so why do they have no mention.
2. Splinter has a master - Master Yoshi no mention of him
3. The story makes no sense either. Who actually killed Aprils father? the fire or shredder?
4. If anyone reads the story plot of the original 1987 series OR the 2003 series you will understand about the back story.
5. This has completely ruined another franchise thanks to good old Michael Bay!
This guy just ruins everything he touches, all his films are simply just explosion after explosion.
6. People giving this a higher score above 5, are clearly 15.… Expand
Sep 18, 2014Have you ever been dragged to a movie thinking you'll hate it, and then it turns out to be okay... or even great? I have a few times, though usually films are pretty much what you expect.
Then there's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
I went in thinking I'd hate it, and what I got was about ten times worse than that.
Unspeakably bad script. Amazingly bad acting. Horrible direction. Creepy CGI that starts out in the uncanny valley and never moves. And that's before you even touch on the sheer defilement of the TMNT franchise. Seriously, this is possibly the worst A-list movie I've ever seen.
The only reason I'm giving this movie 0 out of 10 is because I can't go any lower.… Expand