4.5

1. Jan 11, 2013
    What a stinker!! I seriously don't understand how an army of writers came up with this dreck! I feel bad for the new generation along with no jobs they have to watch pale horrible remakes of far superior originals! Do yourself a favor and watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and forget the rest!
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    Texas Chainsaw 3D is a waste of time and opportunity to make a good sequel/follow-up to one of the classics The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, meanwhile, the new Chainsaw delivers chills and thrills, albeit you don't care about the characters nor the story, it gets so bad to be fun, and with the 3D! Its scary as hell. But without any denying, it is definitely one of the worst movies 2013.
  3. Jul 3, 2013
    Somebody tell those executives to stop bringing back a franchise that's deader than the characters in the film. Despite ignoring the sequels after the original, it completely forgets what year it's supposed to be set. Making Leatherface into an antihero completely jumped the shark, throwing everything that made the character terrifying shredded to pieces. No horror fan will enjoy this,Somebody tell those executives to stop bringing back a franchise that's deader than the characters in the film. Despite ignoring the sequels after the original, it completely forgets what year it's supposed to be set. Making Leatherface into an antihero completely jumped the shark, throwing everything that made the character terrifying shredded to pieces. No horror fan will enjoy this, especially fans. Expand
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this film was going to be gory good time, how wrong was I. This distant sequel (set in a very futuristic "1994") lacks the terror of the 1974 original and the brutality of the 2006 prequel and is completely devoid of scares and suspense; Instead you get plenty of unintentional laughs and plenty of moments when you will be face-palming at the onscreen silliness. Yes, this movie did have its fun moments and some nice practical gore in the first half, but then it is ruined by the use of CG gore instead. The film is poorly written, poorly acted and with poor dialogue, though the film has an interesting twist in the latter half but the film makes a silly yet bold turn at making Leatherface, the terrifying and merciless killer, into an anti-hero which will certainly divide fans of the series. In the end, Texas Chainsaw is a disappointment and misses its chance to even have a brutal and terrifying chainsaw massacre in it, instead we get an unintentionally hilarious silly-fest that is poorly acted and written. But we do sometimes get good gore and is a little fun at times along with some good sound design and a nice colour scheme...and also an interesting twist that will certainly divide fans. Expand
  5. Feb 5, 2013
    Woah. Well, this movie was pretty sad. It's was very generic and predictable. We've seen it before, the same lines, the same actions, the same plot. It was very disappointing.
  6. Jan 24, 2013
    Texas Chainsaw 3D is just a mess of a film and shows how Hollywood just loves to keep horror franchises alive as long as they can. I enjoyed the original
  7. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a way to kick off 2013 an awful film mixed with one of the greatest lines in movie history. Do your thing Cuz comes after they try and make leather face a compassionate character. Yes the same man who slaughters people with his chainsaw and wears their skin, that is how stupid this movie is. Expand
  8. Nov 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is probably one of the dumbest, most unbelievable films in the series. There is a scene where leatherface chases one of the main characters and she falls not once, not twice, but three times. Leatherface then chases her over a fence into the middle of a carnival, where he runs past about 50 potential victims, apparently set on killing the unbelievably sexy white girl (leatherface must not have approved of her interracial relationship). The girl then decides to grab onto the bottom of a ferris-wheel carriage, because ferris wheels don't go in a circle in her mind. Low and behold, as she is almost to the bottom a cop shows up with a gun. Leatherface throws his chainsaw like a boomerang at the cop.

That was all in the scope of a 2 min scene. This movie is pure silliness. In fact, it is still running in the background as I type this; that's how uninteresting it is. Oh wait, more silliness. Now, after leatherface has killed her boyfriend and 2 friends, this chick all of a sudden decides to save him from a rather fitting and ironic death, and then help him kill the evil hillbilly police that killled his family but somehow let him escape. Like most 3d films, this relies on a name and the fact that people will pay to see the same rehashed crap again.
  9. Jan 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a fan of horror since 1984 so it is by no means something that just happened. I have to say that this movie is unbearably the worst movie when it comes to one of the main characters of horror I have ever seen. The 3d is there to 3 dollars more, was not even good. The scare quotient was laughable. (SPOILERS) The fact that Leatherface is made out to be a anti-hero or when he is thrown his chainsaw and the line "Do your thing cuz!!" Was uttered, let me know that horror is truly dead. I have seen more gore out of the Walking Dead series than this movie conjured. I would have to say it is even worse than Next Generation with Renee Zellweger. It was not even campy fun or it's so bad I enjoy it type of movie like some of the Friday the 13ths. Also to have a movie be in the heart of texas and have rap music in it, I know they are trying to sell soundtracks but it takes you out of the experience. Characters are so cliche and come right out of the cardboard cutout of horror. Also if you see a big ass dude with a chainsaw cutting into a coffin, why the hell would you yell out to him not once, but TWICE!?! I hope the Leatherface series is dead and gone after this because this is a character and story that should be left alone. What is sad is that opening credits of the first movie re-done in 3D were absolutely cool to see and if they would have kept up with that through this movie then maybe it would have been better. Actually they should have just re-done the original into 3D and I would have been happier. Expand
  10. Jan 7, 2013
    Seriously, do I need a Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot again and again? Truth is, I think the franchise needs to take a break or just retire already. Is New Line the owner of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise? Of course, but not Lionsgate. The same company that bought the Saw franchise into a horror powerhouse is trying to make a mockery of Leatherface. I don't really need to paid $10Seriously, do I need a Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot again and again? Truth is, I think the franchise needs to take a break or just retire already. Is New Line the owner of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise? Of course, but not Lionsgate. The same company that bought the Saw franchise into a horror powerhouse is trying to make a mockery of Leatherface. I don't really need to paid $10 bucks to see a baffling but corny reboot that is gonna be in 3-D. Hello, there's nothing new in 3-D. I would rather kill myself if they are gonna make a Leprechaun reboot. Not happening. Expand
  11. Sep 28, 2013
    Needless 3-D really hurts it. Plenty of gore though and it's certainly watchable. Poor plot though and the movie is hurt even more by the terrible ending. Yet another horror remake that fails to live up.
  12. Jan 7, 2014
    Its funny, I usually like these kind of movies. But usually the one's that I like have some sort of charm about it such as..(Camera angles, character development, gore effects, and good music) This film hardly had any of that. Actually I wouldn't even call this a true film at all. There's nothing cinematic about it. Honestly I felt like I needed an hour long shower after I watched this.Its funny, I usually like these kind of movies. But usually the one's that I like have some sort of charm about it such as..(Camera angles, character development, gore effects, and good music) This film hardly had any of that. Actually I wouldn't even call this a true film at all. There's nothing cinematic about it. Honestly I felt like I needed an hour long shower after I watched this. Although the carnival scene is neat. THAT is pretty much it. Expand
  13. Feb 10, 2015
    Texas Chainsaw 3D brings a few tricks to reinvigorate an already tired series but sadly fails to polish the fundamentals. When another title comes of from well-known franchise such as Texas Chainsaw which has inspired many movies of its genre, people already has an expectation, while this is an allure, it's also a strain to create fresh ideas. A bunch of 3D antics and choppy script areTexas Chainsaw 3D brings a few tricks to reinvigorate an already tired series but sadly fails to polish the fundamentals. When another title comes of from well-known franchise such as Texas Chainsaw which has inspired many movies of its genre, people already has an expectation, while this is an allure, it's also a strain to create fresh ideas. A bunch of 3D antics and choppy script are definitely not the way to pique audience's interest.

The story follows Heather Miller (Alexandra Daddario) as she's about to be surprised with extravagant inheritance by her unknown grandmother. This involves a visit to countryside where the famous massacre occurred, she also takes the liberty on taking her carbon copy stereotypical friends as any other nice horror leads may do. The first act goes as predictable as it comes, right down to the clumsy coincidence, common slashing and comical chase.

I appreciate the movie's attempt to portray Leatherface as more than his usual villainous slasher persona. He's given more back story to make audience sympathize with him, however this doesn't result in an engaging character, either for protagonist or antagonist. The direction, coupled with jumbled script, makes it hard to take any of it seriously. At some points, the movie almost exclusively steers into comedy realm, this is not the path it wants to follow. The movie is as lost as a young woman running scared in the wood, and we know she's gonna trip herself and ridiculously falls.

At the very least, the lead Alexandra Daddario tries to raise the character as her role gets more investment. It's almost good to see a stronger protagonist instead of the usual victim personality, but the way the development takes place is unnatural. Addition of 3D effect doesn't help, it gives away the gore much too obvious, and random object thrown into one's face has become the fastest tired invention on late.

If it's only a brief visitation of old memory lane, or a few ironic chuckles, Texas Chainsaw 3D might be bearable. However, fans of the old might even be more disappointed of how the original has fallen.
  14. Jan 11, 2014
    This was Horrorbile! Nothing scary about it, just a mess of blood, and disgusting scenes. This is one of those movies where they just try to hard. Tania Raymonde is Hot, but when shes flaunting her body around it makes it even harder to take this movie seriously. The ending gets twisted in a Horrorbile way.
  15. Jun 19, 2013
    The worst horror movie I have ever seen. A terrible waste and an insult to the original. The trailer looked as bad as the movie but the movie was so much worse.
  16. Mar 12, 2014
    Unfortunately, Not even the violence and gore can make up for the terrible screenplay and semi professional acting. Texas Chainsaw 3D is too boring to enjoy--- or even watch
  17. Mar 7, 2015
    I couldn't even finish this movie. Just another lame remake that is far worse than the 2003 version and is just ruining the legacy of the original and only good version from 1974. I could've directed this movie. It just such a lazy effort. If you are a fan of horror I recommend just skipping this movie.
  18. Nov 13, 2014
    "Texas Chainsaw" 10 Scale Rating: 2.0 (Awful) ...

The Good: Leatherface's look was decent. The Bad: Trying to make Leatherface into a misunderstood anti-hero was a bad move. I'm fine with trying to re-invent some aspects of horror classics, but that concept was forced and made no sense at all. Also, while I don't expect award winning performances in this genre, I do expect some level
    "Texas Chainsaw" 10 Scale Rating: 2.0 (Awful) ...

The Good: Leatherface's look was decent.

The Bad: Trying to make Leatherface into a misunderstood anti-hero was a bad move. I'm fine with trying to re-invent some aspects of horror classics, but that concept was forced and made no sense at all. Also, while I don't expect award winning performances in this genre, I do expect some level of mediocrity. The acting was more dreadful than expected, especially the lead actress. The gore (which is why you watch this, right?) was comical.
  19. May 24, 2015
    Borderline unwatchable as a horror movie. Intermittently effective as an unintentional comedy. As far as horror sequels go, this is right down there with Halloween: Resurrection.

1. Reviewed by: William Goss
    Feb 27, 2013
    The most frightening thing about the franchise at this point is that it just keeps on going, undaunted by the characteristics by which the first film made its name. Family is still family and a brand is still a brand, but the blade… well, it’s only grown dull.
    There's nothing thrilling about summarily dispatching everybody who isn't meant to survive to the credits, nothing entertaining about meathook, hatchet and chainsaw murdering that we've seen scores of times.
  3. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Jan 9, 2013
    Stick around through the credits for an extra closing scene that leaves the door of Heather's new home wide open for a sequel.