6.5

1. FrankG.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Many of the talking heads in the movie were interviewed in the Sundance Channel's TV series "Big Ideas for a Small Planet". Much of the interviewing focuses on individuals ideas and opinions but as a documentary should include more evidence and data. I think an Inconvenient Truth told a more compelling story. I think the overall message is important but I'm critical of this film Many of the talking heads in the movie were interviewed in the Sundance Channel's TV series "Big Ideas for a Small Planet". Much of the interviewing focuses on individuals ideas and opinions but as a documentary should include more evidence and data. I think an Inconvenient Truth told a more compelling story. I think the overall message is important but I'm critical of this film as particularly good at delivering that message. Expand
  2. JayH.
    Sep 15, 2008
    I don't doubt their is a serious environmental problem, but I think this documentary paints an overly grim and exaggerated view. It is informative though, and visually it is excellently done. I remember in the 1970's there was a panic caused about overpopulation, and their doomsday prediction never occurred.

1. It isn’t much of a movie (unless your aesthetic was formed in high-school science class), but it will be hugely informative to aliens who land on this planet in a thousand years and wonder why there’s no welcoming committee.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Presents the viewer with reams of depressing data, loads of hand-wringing about the woeful state of humanity and, finally, some altogether fascinating ideas about how to go about solving the climate crisis.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike D'Angelo
    A cautionary eco-doc so earnest and moth-eaten it should properly be seen on filmstrip during fourth-period social studies.