7.6

1. RSK
    Mar 8, 2012
    One of the funniest movies ever. It's in the upper-echelon of comedies, if you will. Steve Carell is a genius, and the rest of the guys are hilarious. Great movie.
  2. Mar 28, 2012
    The 40 year old Vrigin is the funniest movie of the decade. If you don't laugh in this movie your are deprerssed. The movie was smart, witty and hilarious. Steve Carell was excellent. One of the best movies of the year.
  3. Sep 3, 2012
    Very funny. Not sure I would recommend it to young viewers, but it brings everything a comedy should. it was great because it went where no one else would go. It took chances and that payed off.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    A very competently written, utterly hilarious comedy, with just the right dose of humanity.
  5. May 7, 2013
    Has taken me a while to actually see this film as I'm not a huge Steve Carrell fan, but I surprisingly really enjoyed it. Clever little film that can probably relate to a lot of people in a lot of ways (not just the obvious 'virgin' tag). Steve does a great job as Andy, but the cast as a whole are all very funny and entertaining. It's probably up there as my favourite film from Apatow's films he has released. Overall a solid comedy flick that I would be surprised if you haven't seen! Expand

Steve Carell, best known as a team player on "The Daily Show," "The Office" and such movies as "Anchorman," earns top-banana status as Andy. He is flat-out hilarious.
  2. Sticking to one joke in an unconscionably long film makes for a very stale, witless and repetitive comedy.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Crude, sophomorically homophobic but frequently funny, pic also overstays its welcome a bit and indulges in some juvenile excesses. All told, though, The 40 Year Old Virgin delivers enough belly laughs.