4.5

1. Mar 17, 2013
    the main problem is that this is just way too uneven to recommend, some of the segments are just disgusting, some are scary, and some are funny, but most of them could have been done better, dogfight, toilet, cycle, young buck, and libido are the best segments, xxl will make any normal person sick, and all of the japanese segments (dear god, i sound so racist) are terrible, especiallythe main problem is that this is just way too uneven to recommend, some of the segments are just disgusting, some are scary, and some are funny, but most of them could have been done better, dogfight, toilet, cycle, young buck, and libido are the best segments, xxl will make any normal person sick, and all of the japanese segments (dear god, i sound so racist) are terrible, especially fart... what the hell was that? but as a whole, it was unique, entertaining, scary and it does just what you expect it to do... watch it if you dare. Expand
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    A part of me didn't want to review this movie, and another part really just wanted to ignore the fact that I even watched it, but at the end of the day, The ABC's of Death is one of those movies that is definitely a hit or miss. I was interested in watching it because of the many comparison's the film had to one of my favorite horror movies, V/H/S/2. I didn't like the first V/H/S much atA part of me didn't want to review this movie, and another part really just wanted to ignore the fact that I even watched it, but at the end of the day, The ABC's of Death is one of those movies that is definitely a hit or miss. I was interested in watching it because of the many comparison's the film had to one of my favorite horror movies, V/H/S/2. I didn't like the first V/H/S much at all... But, this review isn't about V/H/S, so let's steer away from it. This movie was a total miss for me by the way, in case you didn't pick that up already.

The premise for this movie was a train-wreck from the start. 26 different directors, each in charge of their own letter of the alphabet to portray death? It sounds like a great idea at first, but then you realize that 26 different directors means 26 different styles, 26 different backgrounds, and 26 different budgets. Though the genre most people will slap onto this film is "horror", it's more like that secret genre only the cool kids know about; "WTF".

Out of every single letter in the English alphabet, I only liked 3 of the 26, which were D, Q, and V. The worst, in my opinion, were F, and H, which were both actually so off that I wanted to stop watching the movie all together. No, seriously, if you're not interested in this movie just watch F on YouTube and you'll see why I was pretty much done. Like, who does that?

Much like I was saying in the beginning, this movie is one of those "hit or miss" films. You'll either like it, or you won't. It's not a bad movie, I just didn't like the movie because of how much was going on and its inability to stay within the lines of what it was meant to be. Hopefully the sequel for it, which is coming out later this year, is better... But I'm not holding my breath. I must admit that this movie was definitely fun when it came down to guessing what the letters meant.

* How I Saw It: Netflix
    * Party Size: 3
    * Watch It Again?: Nope
    * Buying DVD/BluRay?: Nope
  3. Mar 17, 2013
    very, VERY uneven, but still good, sick fun for those who enjoy good, sick fun... those who don't will absolutely hate it, dogfight was the best short in my opinion.
  4. Mar 17, 2013
    this movie must have been a wonderful concept on paper, but through some particularly craptacular segments, (YES TI WEST, I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU), the execution of the concept was just very poor, i do give it props for trying though, libido and removed tie for the best segment.
  5. Mar 31, 2014
    Surprisingly Good. If you are NOT willing to take this seriously, you'll end up appreciating some of the segments such as D for Dogfight, despising some such as F for Fart. The ABCs of Death have some fresh twists, and some horrible ones, mostly they are effective, but the awful ones can NOT be forgiven.
  6. May 20, 2014
    Even though every letter that is presented in the movie is a bit weird and gross, I only have one thing that I want to say about the movie….What the hell is up with letter Z? That was….just the…ugh I honestly don't know what to say about that letter..if you haven't seen letter Z nor have you even seen the movie, all you have to see is letter Z. That letter sums up what this movie isEven though every letter that is presented in the movie is a bit weird and gross, I only have one thing that I want to say about the movie….What the hell is up with letter Z? That was….just the…ugh I honestly don't know what to say about that letter..if you haven't seen letter Z nor have you even seen the movie, all you have to see is letter Z. That letter sums up what this movie is basically about. Have fun and good luck watching this movie. I hope you're prepared for letter Z, I know I wasn't. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Catherine Shoard
    Apr 26, 2013
    The most intentional fun comes courtesy of N (for Nuptials).
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Mar 20, 2013
    A good concept yields scattershot results in this horror-film anthology.
  3. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Mar 8, 2013
    With 26 films, one for each letter of the alphabet, one might expect enough gems in the mix to make up for any stinkers. That's sadly not the case.