4.7

1. Mar 17, 2013
    i saw this a month ago, and, in a very general sense, it's awesome, it's an interesting idea to begin with: 26 segments, all about death in alphabetical order, then you have some great indie directors, like ti west, adam wingard, xavier gens, marcel... whatever his name is... takashi miike, jason eisener, need i go on? so, i had a lot of fun with this film, each of the segments has a distinct style, which is all you can hope to achieve in five minutes or less, and sometimes it is disgustingly violent, specifically with xxl, which made me physically sick, sometimes it's funny (in a sick way), specifically with nuptials, young buck, klutz and toilet, it's very artistic, which is one of the few things that are consistent in the film, because you have 26 directors, there is going to be a lot of inconsistency, but, for the most part, it remains good, the two segments that i found absolutely terrible are fart and miscarriage... WAS TI WEST EVEN TRYING? highlights include removed, dogfight, bigfoot, exterminate, hydro electric diffusion, libido, nuptials, quack, speed, unearthed, vagitus, xxl, young buck... yeah, a lot of them are great, wtf was amusing but weird, zetsumetsu was entertaining, (genital swordfights... really?), so yeah... i laughed, i cried, i screamed in terror, i screamed in disappointment, but i enjoyed myself, and that's what makes it so good samarathenymph xoxo Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2013
    the main problem is that this is just way too uneven to recommend, some of the segments are just disgusting, some are scary, and some are funny, but most of them could have been done better, dogfight, toilet, cycle, young buck, and libido are the best segments, xxl will make any normal person sick, and all of the japanese segments (dear god, i sound so racist) are terrible, especially fart... what the hell was that? but as a whole, it was unique, entertaining, scary and it does just what you expect it to do... watch it if you dare. Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2013
    This movie doesn't decide what genre it has, great idea! BAD MOVIE! 3 for D letter segment
  4. Mar 10, 2013
    The idea of ​​"The ABCs of Death" is not bad, on the contrary. The idea might have actually worked in a 2 hour movie, but as we saw on the screen is really bad. As a film of 26 segments can say that there are some good and some bad, but in this movie about 80% of the segments and bad, poorly worked, a waste of money that could is in the hands of several families of Africa and no doubt an attack to good taste."The ABCs of Death" would be better spent on TV with a segment of at least 20 minutes, but the way we see. "M is for Miscarriage" anyone with a camera and red dye could repeat that thread and maybe it would be better than what we see on screen (BIG WASTE OF MONEY). "I is for the Ingrown" gives us a sense of emptiness, because it explains nothing of what we see on screen. "G is for Gravity" is even emptier than the previous one where not even an actor can be seen on the scene (MUCH BETTER SEE A VIDEO ON ANY INTERNET). "Would be F Fart" is a violation of horror films like The Evil Dead I think this qualifies or segment with a black comedy. "L is for Libido" and "Y is for Young Buck" come to sound offensive by exposing young people to certain situations. These are examples of segments that do not work or work poorly and we give the impression that a boy twelve years old with a digital camera with the budget that the directors had managed to do something better.More segments are not all bad, bad, or regular. "D is for the Dogfigth" and an example of good use of cinematography and gives us the impression that this is not part of the film. The movements are perfect, the plot and clearly understandable, there was a good investment on the part of the director. "X is for XL" try conveying a message in the wrong way, but it failed in all one of the few segments that give a dose of suspense. "V is for vagitus" should have a movie solo, because the idea could be better crafted. This segment and the second makes us think we're seeing another movie.Well, if you want to laugh a little, have a little fright and feel sick with the twelve and twelve fake blood (because in certain scenes is clearly noticeable that the blood used and false, very false and FALSE) then go to the cinema and watch "The ABCs of Death", but have patience, because at times you will say exactly the theme of the segment "W is for the WTF!" Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2014
    I was not a fan at all of this movie and found it really stupid. I am not a horror movie fan but I wouldn't really consider this horror and it was still bad. Letter M was just a waste of time and shouldn't have even had it in the movie it was so pointless. There were a couple good letters but noting to special to rave over and it was just an overall bad movie.
  6. Apr 15, 2014
    A part of me didn't want to review this movie, and another part really just wanted to ignore the fact that I even watched it, but at the end of the day, The ABC's of Death is one of those movies that is definitely a hit or miss. I was interested in watching it because of the many comparison's the film had to one of my favorite horror movies, V/H/S/2. I didn't like the first V/H/S much at all... But, this review isn't about V/H/S, so let's steer away from it. This movie was a total miss for me by the way, in case you didn't pick that up already.

The premise for this movie was a train-wreck from the start. 26 different directors, each in charge of their own letter of the alphabet to portray death? It sounds like a great idea at first, but then you realize that 26 different directors means 26 different styles, 26 different backgrounds, and 26 different budgets. Though the genre most people will slap onto this film is "horror", it's more like that secret genre only the cool kids know about; "WTF".

Out of every single letter in the English alphabet, I only liked 3 of the 26, which were D, Q, and V. The worst, in my opinion, were F, and H, which were both actually so off that I wanted to stop watching the movie all together. No, seriously, if you're not interested in this movie just watch F on YouTube and you'll see why I was pretty much done. Like, who does that?

Much like I was saying in the beginning, this movie is one of those "hit or miss" films. You'll either like it, or you won't. It's not a bad movie, I just didn't like the movie because of how much was going on and its inability to stay within the lines of what it was meant to be. Hopefully the sequel for it, which is coming out later this year, is better... But I'm not holding my breath. I must admit that this movie was definitely fun when it came down to guessing what the letters meant.

* How I Saw It: Netflix
    * Party Size: 3
    * Watch It Again?: Nope
    * Buying DVD/BluRay?: Nope
  7. Mar 17, 2013
    very, VERY uneven, but still good, sick fun for those who enjoy good, sick fun... those who don't will absolutely hate it, dogfight was the best short in my opinion.
  8. Mar 17, 2013
    this movie must have been a wonderful concept on paper, but through some particularly craptacular segments, (YES TI WEST, I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU), the execution of the concept was just very poor, i do give it props for trying though, libido and removed tie for the best segment.
  9. Sep 6, 2014
    Most disturbing film ever. This movie and everyone part of it can literally **** themselves. **** this movie. It's a montage of random people dying in random ways. If that wasn't bad enough, it has child rapping in the movie and people masterbating to it. The director who made the apart can burn in hell for all I care.
  10. Mar 31, 2014
    Surprisingly Good. If you are NOT willing to take this seriously, you'll end up appreciating some of the segments such as D for Dogfight, despising some such as F for Fart. The ABCs of Death have some fresh twists, and some horrible ones, mostly they are effective, but the awful ones can NOT be forgiven.
  11. Jul 25, 2014
    The ABC of death es una película con muertes disparatadas (no todas), pero su idea de buscar a varios directores para que cada uno representara una letra la hace un tanto original.
  12. May 20, 2014
    Even though every letter that is presented in the movie is a bit weird and gross, I only have one thing that I want to say about the movie….What the hell is up with letter Z? That was….just the…ugh I honestly don't know what to say about that letter..if you haven't seen letter Z nor have you even seen the movie, all you have to see is letter Z. That letter sums up what this movie is basically about. Have fun and good luck watching this movie. I hope you're prepared for letter Z, I know I wasn't. Expand
  13. Aug 18, 2014
    This is not film or move! This is **** And that is all. This is not horror, this is not trash, this is not Comedy. Just **** Please! Please! Dont watch this film otherwise you can get mental problems! "This" can watch only people with mental illnesses! And if you like "this", you must go to treated in nuthouse.

1. Reviewed by: Catherine Shoard
    Apr 26, 2013
    The most intentional fun comes courtesy of N (for Nuptials).
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Mar 20, 2013
    A good concept yields scattershot results in this horror-film anthology.
  3. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Mar 8, 2013
    With 26 films, one for each letter of the alphabet, one might expect enough gems in the mix to make up for any stinkers. That's sadly not the case.