4.7

1. Jan 20, 2014
    Painfully unfunny, and just a total mess of a movie, I just can't stand it's unfunny ness, and seeing Eddie Murphy just not being funny, which is just painful.
  2. ThatPerson
    Mar 3, 2008
    Forget bombs and guns and gas chambers, use this to create a mass genocide!
  3. SamD.
    Jul 31, 2006
    Can someone tell me if they can remember what the point of this movie was? Maybe then I'll at least be able to laugh at how stupid it was.
  4. JmanJ.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Simply awful. This mush should be fed to the Taliban and other Islamo-fascists until they are dead (which shouldn't take too long).
  5. MikeG.
    Dec 7, 2005
    It's pretty lousy. Most of the actors have kind of a "what the hell am I doing here?" look on my face. The jokes fall flat, and I'm assuming they didn't make this movie for the plot.
  6. PatC.
    Dec 19, 2003
    I found it moderately watchable on TV. I can only imagine the suffering it causes when viewed on the big screen.
  7. Bastardized
    Oct 23, 2003
    This makes a marathon of Barney positively entertaining.
  8. AndrewJ.
    Mar 15, 2003
    Extremely disappointing. The script is the principle failure of this movie, i.e. for a comedy you would think that the writers would include the occassional laugh! What little humour is in this movie has been trawled straight from the juvenile mind i.e. check out the female robot bending over whilst attempting to pick up an object. Murphy can do much better than this; what were the Extremely disappointing. The script is the principle failure of this movie, i.e. for a comedy you would think that the writers would include the occassional laugh! What little humour is in this movie has been trawled straight from the juvenile mind i.e. check out the female robot bending over whilst attempting to pick up an object. Murphy can do much better than this; what were the producers thinking when this movie was commissioned? Expand
  9. MatthewT.
    Nov 9, 2002
    This review is decicated to our brain-dead critics Jackie and George. Where do you guys get off scolding the public for hating a terrible movie? You are possibly right in stating that we could not produce a better film (questionable), but why do you insist on criminalizing us over it? We are not film makers, nor do we want to be; that is why we spend our money to witness what other people This review is decicated to our brain-dead critics Jackie and George. Where do you guys get off scolding the public for hating a terrible movie? You are possibly right in stating that we could not produce a better film (questionable), but why do you insist on criminalizing us over it? We are not film makers, nor do we want to be; that is why we spend our money to witness what other people have produced! If a doctor messed up a surgery on one of you, I swear you would say, "It is okay, I couldn't do any better." Pull your heads out! As for the movie, it sucked. Expand
  10. MetalInc.
    Oct 28, 2002
    Have you seen Master of Disguise? This movie is worse...enough said.
  11. HarryH.
    Aug 30, 2002
    I walked out of theater wearing a bag on my head. I could swear the ushers were laughing at the 4 of us who watch this turkey. BAD!
  12. SethB.
    Aug 26, 2002
    This movie was so unimaginably bad, it actually forced my brain into making socioanylytical leaps and I think I actually discovered the meaning of life!! Thank you, Pluto Nash!!!
  13. ChadS.
    Aug 25, 2002
    "The Adventures of Pluto Nash" is arguably more fun to watch than "Attack of the Clones". Not better, mind you, but Randy Quaid's performance as a creepy robot and Jay Mohr trying to be Scotland's answer to Frank Sinatra reminded me of how downright dour the last two "Star Wars" pictures were. "Pluto Nash" underwhelms but never does it attain the heights of awfulness that other "The Adventures of Pluto Nash" is arguably more fun to watch than "Attack of the Clones". Not better, mind you, but Randy Quaid's performance as a creepy robot and Jay Mohr trying to be Scotland's answer to Frank Sinatra reminded me of how downright dour the last two "Star Wars" pictures were. "Pluto Nash" underwhelms but never does it attain the heights of awfulness that other shelved films have. Expand
  14. DavidS.
    Aug 21, 2002
    One of the WORST movies EVER! What the heck happened to Eddie Murphy?
  15. BrandonF.
    Aug 19, 2002
    Inconceivably unentertaining. Guranteed cure for insomnia. Horrible.
  16. DustinW.
    Aug 18, 2002
    HORRID!
  17. RobertH.
    Aug 17, 2002
    All that I can say is "OH MY GOD" as they spent over $100 million to make this drek. Has to rate with the all time turkeys. Don't waste your time or money.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

Murphy slogs his way through this dismally dull sci-fi comedy.
  2. Only Quaid, as a semiretarded horny robot, and Cleese as a fussy chauffeur hologram seem to get it. Even Murphy, as the titular nightclub big shot in outer space, forgets to be actually funny until the climax.
  3. In terms of execution this movie is careless and unfocused.