7.6

1. Jan 27, 2012
    It really is a revolutionary animation and attractive to all kinds of age. The use of weapons and the action of a special touch. Although its meaning is not just an animation that try to show those moral lessons at the end.
  2. Feb 12, 2012
    the adventures of tintin is an amazing film true to the book with awesome action, great storyline and tintin goodness, it really is an incredible film!
  3. Mar 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first half hour of this movie is pretty boring. On his own, Tintin is a bland and irritating character. However the movie picks up when the drunken Captain Haddock is introduced. He's much more entertaining and three dimensional than Tintin is. The movie's set pieces are pretty fantastic; there are plenty of long takes filled with a lot of destruction that takes place over huge distances that would be impossible to film in real life. The fight scenes actually look real because we're able to see the characters' attacks contact each other, instead of cutting away before impact or shooting close to hide the distance between the impact of the blow and the target. In real life the actors wouldnâ Expand
  4. Mar 7, 2012
    This film was a delight for me to see. It was made for more of the children's audience but Steven Spielburg knows how to please an audience. Think of James Bond mixed with Indiana Jones in a cartoon. This Action-Adventure incorporates what is needed to make a good film, the action sequences, the humor, and of course the adventure at hand. The only thing really wrong in this movie is thatThis film was a delight for me to see. It was made for more of the children's audience but Steven Spielburg knows how to please an audience. Think of James Bond mixed with Indiana Jones in a cartoon. This Action-Adventure incorporates what is needed to make a good film, the action sequences, the humor, and of course the adventure at hand. The only thing really wrong in this movie is that like I said it is more for children and younger people and some of the slapstick humor got to be a little too much. This is a movie to rent. Expand
  5. Mar 11, 2012
    This was an okay Remake of Tintin..but really it gets boring the very start of the film.. everything else was very good Kudos to Spielberg"s Creative Mind!
  6. Mar 10, 2012
    Great movie! The story was hilarious at times but also easy to follow, and the graphics in this film are absolutely amazing. At some points I completely forgot I was watching an animation.
  7. Mar 31, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.5 out of 10. Visuals are just out standings. Some and most pushes boundaries between real and animation. Action sequences are great story. Story and score are well done, and the acting is great. Overall this is a great movie recommend for everyone.
  8. Feb 7, 2013
    Based on the books of the forties, The Adventures of Tintin is good clean fun and is a genuinely enjoyable film suitable for all the family. Spielberg's team of British writers, Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz), Stephen Moffat (Sherlock) and Joe Cornish (Attack the Block) combine elements from three Tintin stories to produce an exciting adventure but simple mystery.

Watching the fantastic

Watching the fantastic looking animation, it's easy to forget that with the motion-capture, the actors aren't just providing voices but are responsible for all character movements. In terms of performance, Andy Serkis steals the show as the largely inebriated Captain Haddock. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost pop up as bumbling Interpol officers Thomson and Thompson for comic effect.

One thing I couldn't shake from my childhood was how serious, self-righteous and frankly annoying Tintin can be. Obviously that's a criticism of the character not of the movie, but this version didn't go anyway to changing my opinion.

Spielberg evokes pleasant memories of Indiana Jones in several chase sequences and action set pieces, none more so than the intrepid reporter and Haddock riding in a motorbike and sidecar. Not a bad thing at all.
  9. Mar 29, 2012
    Muy entretenida de principio a fin. Las Aventuras de Tintin es una pelicula llena de aventura, con una direccion magistral de Steven Spielberg y un interesante plot. Es visualmente atractiva y claramente algo que no se ve todos los dias. La recomiendo...
  10. May 25, 2012
    One of the few animated movies of 2011 that got it right with its great direction, solid script and gorgeous animation, and the answer to the No-Pixar-film-for-Oscar-nods dilemna.
  11. Jun 4, 2012
    This movie is pretty great for an animated film. To start with, the visuals are amazing, probably one of the most visually engaging animated films of all time. And on top of that, the story is actually good, too. There is actually a bit of mystery. The only negative was that it was too long, and I thought I wouldn't miss anything if I took a short nap. There are good adventure scenes, butThis movie is pretty great for an animated film. To start with, the visuals are amazing, probably one of the most visually engaging animated films of all time. And on top of that, the story is actually good, too. There is actually a bit of mystery. The only negative was that it was too long, and I thought I wouldn't miss anything if I took a short nap. There are good adventure scenes, but some parts get a little boring. Is it animated "Indiana Jones"? I would say it's pretty close. Expand
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    O Visual de Tintim magnífico um dos mais belos que já vi, a história bem interessante porém em si um filme um pouco cansativo, mais não perde seu charme.
  13. Jan 8, 2013
    I absolutely loved this movie. A perfect transition from the comic to the 21st century. Hopefully this'll be the first of many movies. To be honest I never expect this movie to actually work. Tintin really was a title that, while known, has all but been forgotten and was only marginally popular outside of Europe. Yet, here Jackson & Spielberg have managed to give it new life and get mostI absolutely loved this movie. A perfect transition from the comic to the 21st century. Hopefully this'll be the first of many movies. To be honest I never expect this movie to actually work. Tintin really was a title that, while known, has all but been forgotten and was only marginally popular outside of Europe. Yet, here Jackson & Spielberg have managed to give it new life and get most of the world interested again. Absolutely wonderful. Expand
  14. Feb 11, 2013
    This film shows you that Spielberg still has a boy left somewhere inside him. And it is definitely something Herge would have enjoyed.It is actually quite brilliant
  15. Jul 17, 2013
    Tintin works as a fun adventure film with great animation. Steven Spielberg shows he has as much skill in an animated movie like this as he does with his live action work.
  16. Mar 10, 2013
    Hergé's stories were fantastic: intelligent, funny, interesting/lovable characters, and enjoyable, engaging plots that you couldn't put down! Animations of Tintin were made, 30 minute long stories I think, that followed Hergé's works exactly, and these were fantastic! I think Tintin is simply not meant to be made into full-length feature films of 2 hours. Mixing the characters and plots ofHergé's stories were fantastic: intelligent, funny, interesting/lovable characters, and enjoyable, engaging plots that you couldn't put down! Animations of Tintin were made, 30 minute long stories I think, that followed Hergé's works exactly, and these were fantastic! I think Tintin is simply not meant to be made into full-length feature films of 2 hours. Mixing the characters and plots of Hergé's Tintin stories AND adding in new "Hollywoodized" content (the crane fight and the bazooka, etc...), was an awful decision.

It was fantastic watching the first 15 minutes of the Secret of the Unicorn, haha, and then we suddenly switch to the Crab with the Golden Claws, but mix the characters and plots from the two. What a mess. The visuals are fun to watch, the computer rendering that is, but the story and what they have done with Hergé's work is a mess!

I wonder how the Asterix "real people" films worked out. The Asterix stories are similar in length to Tintin I think. I wonder what the French did with Asterix?!
  17. Jan 19, 2014
    Here's a fun 3-D adventure made from the likes of the one and only Steven Spielberg. This is a fun and wildly ridiculous action "Indiana Jones" spin-off. It has great animation and an interesting story arch set around it. Overall, it's fun 3-D galore. I give it an A-!
  18. May 19, 2013
    The Adventures of Tintin is fantastic because it is by far a copy of Indiana Jones, the design is witty and his aesthetic is fascinating, and a brand revolção for future cartoon, at first he may seem old-fashioned face, but if unfold makes it a pleasant experience to see, and proves that the pair ceria Steven S. and Peter G. can bear much fruit in the future.
  19. Aug 24, 2014
    A whimsical, smart, and sporadically funny adventure film with great voice acting from the cast. The story is pure nostalgic wit, which turns into a fun ride for the whole family, especially for adults or those who love the original french comic series. It is a joyride that you could watch at least two or three times, the story is that engaging.
  20. Aug 29, 2013
    It's okay. The animation is brilliant. I originally thought it was acted in the real world. However, the plot was not so good. I struggled to figure at times. It's an okay film, probably worth picking up in a sale.
  21. Oct 7, 2013
    This film is just amazing, the story, the characters, just like the original herge books. The voice acting was amazing, and everything just looked breath-taking, it looked just like a cod cgi cut scene. definitely worth your time
  22. Jan 30, 2014
    Just saw The Adventures of Tintin for the first time with my friend Robert. I've got to say, I did not expect to like it as much as I did. I don't know how faithful it is to the original comic, but it was a really fun and insanely creative adventure film. All the characters were memorable and likable in some way and the CG animation was stunningly detailed while keeping the cartoonishJust saw The Adventures of Tintin for the first time with my friend Robert. I've got to say, I did not expect to like it as much as I did. I don't know how faithful it is to the original comic, but it was a really fun and insanely creative adventure film. All the characters were memorable and likable in some way and the CG animation was stunningly detailed while keeping the cartoonish quality on the animation. All the actors are good (I actually thought that the lead actor was Elijah Wood, but it turns out that it's the guy who played Billy Elliot), but special attention should go to Andy Serkis (who you may know as Gollum) on his performance of the drunken ship captain. It shows that he's got a great comedic delivery and can hold his own as a secondary lead. Hopefully he gets more diverse work because of this rather than just voicing monsters. Steven Moffat and Edgar Wright penned the script with one other person and they give the film a very offbeat quality that I think puts this above a lot of animated adventure films. All in all, a really good experience that I wish I'd caught in theaters. Also, gotta give special props to Simon Pegg and Nick Frost who play two very amusing dry comic relief characters. I always love when those two are in a movie together and this is no exception. Go see it. Expand
  23. Mar 7, 2014
    i always love steven steliberg films from the guy who brought jaws which is amazing . then he creates tin tin . i love tin tin it is a heck of adventure .
  24. Dec 31, 2014
    Well voiced, exceptionally animated and thrilling, "The Adventures of Tintin" takes me back to when I was a little boy who read the comics about Tintin, in spite of being a bit too reminiscent of one the best action movies of all time (Raiders of the Lost Ark).
  25. Jun 25, 2014
    Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson make a great team! This movie was outstanding for an animated movie. It had jaw dropping action and a great storyline. The casting was excellent, and the comedy was good. Can't wait for the sequel.
  26. Oct 18, 2014
    The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn is the first in the series of 3D motion capture films based on the iconic character Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure.
  27. Dec 18, 2014
    this film is the absolutely glorious Tintin movie i've been waiting for. it translates the source material well thanks to it's expert writing and directing team with a great cast and some of the best use of motion capture and 3D that i've ever seen. it's my favourite comic movie and not just for the reasons listed above, it does what no other comic movie has quiet achieved it looks like athis film is the absolutely glorious Tintin movie i've been waiting for. it translates the source material well thanks to it's expert writing and directing team with a great cast and some of the best use of motion capture and 3D that i've ever seen. it's my favourite comic movie and not just for the reasons listed above, it does what no other comic movie has quiet achieved it looks like a living breathing comic Expand
  28. Mar 15, 2015
    As somebody who isn't familiar with the comic books, I found this movie boring, and that it was trying too hard to be funny, when it wasn't, I can see the appeal, but I didn't like it.

Everything he did in live-action movies with rolling boulders and runaway convoys he does bigger and better - by a factor of ten - in every frame. At the end of two hours, my jaw ached from grinning.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Dec 26, 2011
    Feels particularly mechanical. The movie isn't a complete waste: it adequately re-creates the comics' Dickensian characterization, and every frame brims with clever details. But once the action begins, Spielberg's incessant, force-fed "fun" quickly gets exhausting.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 26, 2011
    In a movie year of more than two dozen animated films, this and "Rango" tower over all others. Welcome to America, Tintin. It's great getting to know you.