7.7

1. Mar 7, 2014
    i always love steven steliberg films from the guy who brought jaws which is amazing . then he creates tin tin . i love tin tin it is a heck of adventure .
  2. Jan 30, 2014
    Just saw The Adventures of Tintin for the first time with my friend Robert. I've got to say, I did not expect to like it as much as I did. I don't know how faithful it is to the original comic, but it was a really fun and insanely creative adventure film. All the characters were memorable and likable in some way and the CG animation was stunningly detailed while keeping the cartoonish quality on the animation. All the actors are good (I actually thought that the lead actor was Elijah Wood, but it turns out that it's the guy who played Billy Elliot), but special attention should go to Andy Serkis (who you may know as Gollum) on his performance of the drunken ship captain. It shows that he's got a great comedic delivery and can hold his own as a secondary lead. Hopefully he gets more diverse work because of this rather than just voicing monsters. Steven Moffat and Edgar Wright penned the script with one other person and they give the film a very offbeat quality that I think puts this above a lot of animated adventure films. All in all, a really good experience that I wish I'd caught in theaters. Also, gotta give special props to Simon Pegg and Nick Frost who play two very amusing dry comic relief characters. I always love when those two are in a movie together and this is no exception. Go see it. Expand
  3. Oct 7, 2013
    This film is just amazing, the story, the characters, just like the original herge books. The voice acting was amazing, and everything just looked breath-taking, it looked just like a cod cgi cut scene. definitely worth your time
  4. Sep 29, 2013
    Awesome and completely simple. If you hate it, try tintin and haddickf not the game was not meant for you, your bad just do not blame the game please, give it a ten
    . I
  5. Sep 20, 2013
    A zealous Spielberg film bursting at the seams with energy and spirit. Even though it is animated, this is not a bad thing; it gives Spielberg a bigger canvas to work on, and what he can't do in his live action movies he can do in Tin-Tin.
  6. May 19, 2013
    The Adventures of Tintin is fantastic because it is by far a copy of Indiana Jones, the design is witty and his aesthetic is fascinating, and a brand revolção for future cartoon, at first he may seem old-fashioned face, but if unfold makes it a pleasant experience to see, and proves that the pair ceria Steven S. and Peter G. can bear much fruit in the future.
  7. Feb 11, 2013
    This film shows you that Spielberg still has a boy left somewhere inside him. And it is definitely something Herge would have enjoyed.It is actually quite brilliant
  8. Jan 8, 2013
    I absolutely loved this movie. A perfect transition from the comic to the 21st century. Hopefully this'll be the first of many movies. To be honest I never expect this movie to actually work. Tintin really was a title that, while known, has all but been forgotten and was only marginally popular outside of Europe. Yet, here Jackson & Spielberg have managed to give it new life and get most of the world interested again. Absolutely wonderful. Expand
  9. Jan 5, 2013
    I am honestly suprised that the critics didn't give this film better reviews. It's great. Good acting by the cast, It's funny, The plot is interesting, Even the sub-plot with the thief is good. It looks amazing as well, Great use of motion capture. I loved it and I will definently be seeing the sequel in theaters.
  10. Jun 1, 2012
    I was expecting a bit of a turkey tbh before I sat to watch this, sure I read all the books as a kid but figured it too hard to make a decent movie from due to its old fashioned views of the world. I was extremely proven wrong... this is a top notch CGI action movie at it shining best. Forget turkies like Indy Jones... TinTin and Cpt Haddock would kick his ass.
  11. Apr 19, 2012
    You should know that there is expected to be two more Tintin films, and that is a good thing. I had the pleasure of reading the many Tintin comic books when I was younger, something that I recommend doing before you see this film. After hearing there was a movie planned, I was thrilled, to say the least. Like a geek, I researched everything and anything that had to do with the film, becoming more excited with every new discovery. Then, I finally got to see the film. Was the film going to be awful? Amazing? Mediocre? I'll put it simply: I loved it. But to say I loved this film, is not enough. I simply must gush on about this film, that was everything I could have wanted it to be, with few complaints. You might know that this film is based off of the following three Tintin books; "The Crab With The Golden Claws," "The Secret Of The Unicorn," and "Red Rackham's Treasure." However, a much more accurate term would be "inspired" from these books, rather than based off of. The film only borrows scenes, locations, and characters rather than the stories and plots of each. This isn't really a bad thing though, because it's nice to get to experience a new, if familiar, adventure. When the film opens, the audience is treated to a 3 minute title sequence, portraying scenes from Tintin books, as well as showing off a fine musical theme by John Williams, whose musical talent is consistent throughout the film. In fact, it's one of my favorite film scores. Once the actual film starts, we see Tintin in a flea market-like surrounding. This scene not only sets up the film, but does a fine job of displaying some of the greatest animation I've ever seen. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and quite life-like. The style choice is ingenious; putting cartoonish characters in a life-like setting. It's not unlike what other animation studios have done, but it's much more exaggerated in this film, and much more detailed. The characters are portrayed faithfully. All the characters look like they do in the book, and the voice actors have been selected excellently. Tintin is exactly as I imagined him to be, the Thompson twins are hilarious, and all the other characters have been given a fine treatment as well. Even Bianca Castifore has a short scene. I do have a few complaints regarding the character of Captain Haddock, however. In the book, he is portrayed as cranky, and usually drunk. In the film, he's portrayed as sad, stupid, occasionaly cheerful, and usually drunk. This portrayal is not a bad one, it's just not very faithful to the books. Also, Professor Calculus is omitted from the film, but he doesn't really belong in this film anyway. However, based on what I've heard the sequel is going to be about, Calculus will probably be added to the cast. Also, for those who are curious, Snowy does not "think" as he does in the books, he's no different than any normal dog. Me and the friends that I saw the film with, have all read the books, and it was very rewarding when watching the film. There are literally DOZENS of references, cameos, and easter eggs from the Tintin books. From characters walking in the background, to props, to posters, to names, to buildings, it doesn't end! There is actually a reference to almost EVERY book in the series. There are some excellent chase scenes, some exciting fight scenes, and some thrilling escape scenes. I can't remember I had so much fun at the theater. The film was also, quite hilarious, though there was some juvenile humor that I didn't appreciate. Out of a lot of praise, I do have some complaints. I have already expressed my feelings toward the change of Captian Haddock, but I do have some other things to point out as well. For one, the movie didn't have much of a plot. It felt more like the characters were trying to get from point A to point B, without much thought about what to do when they get there. Also, the film felt somewhat non-conclusive, but I feel that this was done intentionally for the sequels. There was some cheesy dialogue (the last two lines spoken by Tintin and Haddock are ridiculously hammy), and Tintin just cannot say "Great Snakes!" without sounding forced. I do love this film, I didn't want it to end. I am looking forward to the sequels, more so than any other film, and I have great anticipations for what Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg plan to do with the next Tintin. Expand
  12. Apr 16, 2012
    This is the best animated movie I have seen in years. Some of the sequences are very intense for a "kids movie". I'm now 26 and I can honestly say I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. The 3D is phenomenal as well.
  13. Apr 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The move is really good but there is some parts that Idont get,like they get like why did they have to get the three map thingies just for a tiney hat filled with gold that was as big as a tiny jar. Expand
  14. Mar 31, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.5 out of 10. Visuals are just out standings. Some and most pushes boundaries between real and animation. Action sequences are great story. Story and score are well done, and the acting is great. Overall this is a great movie recommend for everyone.
  15. Mar 25, 2012
    This here movie is what Indiana Jones 4 should have been. (No hating on that movie, it was "good enough") It was mindblowing to watch this here movie, the amount of awesome camera angles, funny writing and awesome motion in this movie is just wonderful, it made my day... no take that back, it made my week! My friends are going to hate me, because the only subject my mouth will talk about is how awesome and fine adjusted this here movie is, the countless of funny spoofs so professionally performed by the one and only Spielberg... What do you honestly expect from a movie like this? Get ready to get your mind blown by this here superb movie i give a round number 9. It is a great story made into an awesome movie, maybe the only problem with it is Tintin acting a bit too cliche and dramatic at some points (I could count 2.) But that's my only concern.. and it's THAT minor... like almost nothing, GREAT MOVIE i love it! Expand
  16. Mar 20, 2012
    Brilliant. One of the best films of 2011. There is little too complain about after viewing this classic piece of work. Althought this is computer generated animation it is breathtaking. The reason it succeeds is the screenplay adaption. The action is never ending and the characters are finely etched and the technical aspects are beyond expectation. There were not many live action films that succeeded like this film does. Expand
  17. Mar 12, 2012
    The Adventures of Tintin looks and feels like another Indiana Jones movie and it basically is just in the form of another character, and the story isn't told with much depth as most would want. Yet, dazzling animation, great action, humor, memorable and lovable characters make for an amazing movie experience. I give this movie 85%.
  18. Mar 11, 2012
    This was an okay Remake of Tintin..but really it gets boring the very start of the film.. everything else was very good Kudos to Spielberg"s Creative Mind!
  19. Mar 10, 2012
    Great movie! The story was hilarious at times but also easy to follow, and the graphics in this film are absolutely amazing. At some points I completely forgot I was watching an animation.
  20. Feb 18, 2012
    This has to be one of the best animated films. The animation is incredible. Outside of this, it is a great adventure romp, with plenty of humour. However, it is important to make parents aware that this is Tin Tin. So there is heaps of shooting and violence and use of alcohol. It is great though. I took my 11 and 9 year old and I think they were the right age to see it. Any younger and it would probably not be appropriate. This is a great, enjoyable, classic animation. Well done to all involved in bringing this movie in to existence. Expand
  21. Feb 12, 2012
    the adventures of tintin is an amazing film true to the book with awesome action, great storyline and tintin goodness, it really is an incredible film!
  22. Jan 24, 2012
    Very few movies in recent years have launched a journey more vast and monumental than the one in â
  23. Jan 21, 2012
    What a great movie. Not even best animated movie of year, but also one of the best films of year. Great sceens, adventure. We haven not seen anything like that.
  24. Jan 11, 2012
    One of the most expected stories I was so looking forward to see it. My curiosity drag me to the cinema in England, near this Christmas with a few members of my family. The theater was absolutely full kids with their parents and I was ready to jump into the world of Tin-tin, the great inspector of my childhood. About the movie, I can say that it has a brilliant graphics, amazing sound and image quality. Should I add something about the director and producers? No, because it`s Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson. There isn`t nothing to add about these outstanding directors. iI also would like to say about the the fantastic way that they crossed from a action to another and I am glad that they respected the entire story and making it better then the one I saw when I was a kid. But, aren`t we sometimes kids? :) Expand
  25. Jan 9, 2012
    If Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was the best action film of 2011, The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn is definitely the best adventure film. Much like Spielbergs previous adventure films the film is incredibly smart, well scripted, paced and delivered while also being a load of fun. It's reminiscent of Indiana Jones in all the best ways with the camaraderie between Tintin and Captain Haddock being one of the best parts of the film.
    If anything the film is a prime example of imagination at its best with the use of CGI allowing for some truly breathtaking sequences with sand dunes turning to oceans before your very eyes and a visually stunning motorcycle chase through an African village. It's both imaginative and inventive while never compromising the character established by Herge, who continues to be an eternally optimistic, intelligent and trustworthy protagonist. Fans of the books will be glad to see such a faithful adaptation and newcomers will wonder at the new characters they are being presented. The voice acting is well done with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost making the perfect Thompson twins and Jamie Bell makes a serviceable lead. However its Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock who really shines as he has moments of despair and moments of pure joy and he balances between the two perfectly while giving his character some much needed gravitas. It's a film for all ages and will make you laugh and smile throughout. A thoroughly good movie.
  26. Jan 7, 2012
    This is a movie for everyone of age! the scenes, motion capturing and storyline was nicely done and thoroughly enjoyable making me begging for the next one to come out!
  27. Jan 7, 2012
    Movie-making magic. Complex swooping camera work. Incredible animation. Glorious adventure. Splendid use of 3D technology. Just see it. You'll have a great afternoon or evening filled with entertainment value.
  28. Jan 5, 2012
    The Adventures of Tintin is an exhilarating movie, awesome, I say, awesome. Snowy, the little dog is so cutely and funnily animated that you can't help but love him, the attention to detail in this movie is staggering. I say that Tintin is a must-see for anyone, even people who haven't read the comic strip.
  29. Jan 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Adventures Of Tintin is an absolute joy to watch. For the first time since 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' has Steven Spielberg managed to make an action adventure film on an equally enjoyable level. So trade the fedora hat for a spiky patch of red hair, the snakes for a faithful dog companion, the boulders for tanks and you have The Adventures Of Tintin. The film follows a winding narrative that puts the young Belgian detective on a worldwide hunt for the lost treasure of the unicorn ship. With the Unicorn, Spielberg has found the perfect MacGuffin which is guaranteed to maintain the audiences interest throughout. Jamie Bell possesses an innocence and an ingenuity that makes Tintin a well rounded, likeable character but the REAL treat is about a 1/3rd into the film when Andy Serkis appears as Tintin's 'side-kick'(?), Captain Haddock. The different sides to his character provide great moments of levity; the perfect antidote to the mostly straight faced but kind hearted, Tintin. Other notable actors lend their voices to the film; Daniel Craig sinks his teeth into the role of the antagonist (Playing against type has never been so much fun!), and the double team of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are well cast but possibly under used as the hapless Thompson twins.

Spielberg will impress his audience with the inventive plot and a fantastic cast delivering great performances but does the technology suit the structure of a Tintin story? The answer is a definite YES! Motion capture has moved on since films like 'The Polar Express' and at times during this movie, you will find yourself forgetting you're watching a cartoon. The element of 3D that is offered as opposed to the two-dimensional format (well worth the extra money) compliments the motion capture and has some of the most impressive use of this new format you will ever see. Notice how you can see dust floating in the air and can almost feel the blast of explosions. Their are several action scenes that make best use of the 3D involving an edge of your seat, riveting, rollercoaster ride of a chase between all major characters towards the end of the film (But I don't want to give too much away).

The direction of the film is superb with Spielberg masterfully crafting an engrossing 2 hour old school action adventure movie, with heart, for audiences of every age by including enough stunning use of 3D/motion capture, sticking a few self-referential jokes here and there and most important of all, making it a fun, enjoyable film that will bring a smile to anybody watching. It is not an overlong film and ends just as it may begin to outstay it's welcome by leaving the door open for an inevitable sequel. Peter Jackson... Take the director's chair and try to beat this. Spielberg is back!
  30. Jan 3, 2012
    Just a fantastic film. It had me on the edge of my seat with the plot and I loved the action scene and art style. The camera angles were really neat, and a great adaptation from the comic Secret of the Unicorn. Watch this film, you won't be disappointed.

Everything he did in live-action movies with rolling boulders and runaway convoys he does bigger and better - by a factor of ten - in every frame. At the end of two hours, my jaw ached from grinning.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Dec 26, 2011
    Feels particularly mechanical. The movie isn't a complete waste: it adequately re-creates the comics' Dickensian characterization, and every frame brims with clever details. But once the action begins, Spielberg's incessant, force-fed "fun" quickly gets exhausting.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 26, 2011
    In a movie year of more than two dozen animated films, this and "Rango" tower over all others. Welcome to America, Tintin. It's great getting to know you.