5.4

1. Aug 13, 2010
    The main character is distractingly sensual and hot looking with a pretty face a hot body and a breathy voice. In the first 30 minutes It just annoyed me to death knowing this was about a real murderer's crimes and I was watching a pretty actress prove she can act. The movie tapped into a few irritating cliches as well to remind me it was garbage. Eventually, with great patience andThe main character is distractingly sensual and hot looking with a pretty face a hot body and a breathy voice. In the first 30 minutes It just annoyed me to death knowing this was about a real murderer's crimes and I was watching a pretty actress prove she can act. The movie tapped into a few irritating cliches as well to remind me it was garbage. Eventually, with great patience and effort I bought into the hot-chick as investigator and thought she did a good job with the character. Timothy Hutton was the best actor in the whole movie and toward the end I felt mildly entertained. I am not a fan of the concept of dead victims egging on investigators to solve their murder. This would have been a much more compelling film if the lead looked like a real person and not a pretty-little-actress and if they could have expressed the main characters destructive obsession/ ocd about the case without the japanese demon ghosts. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    "Wrong Turn" director Rob Schmidt ably goes through the motions, though the hook for a sequel at the end is truly annoying. Still, The Alphabet Killer may well make enough money to justify a Part II.
  2. Reviewed by: Gary Goldstein
    It's too bad there was no way around the story's inherent deficit since this effectively unsettling film, directed by Rob Schmidt ("Wrong Turn"), chugs along quite well for a while.
  3. Relies less on the novelty of its premise than on the positioning of solid actors in minor roles (including Melissa Leo and Martin Donovan as the tortured parents of a murdered child) and the intelligence of its star.