7.2

1. Apr 16, 2014
    Amazing movie! It has some flaws but with good cast and a great direction allows The Amazing Spider Man to amaze! The visual effects are stunning but the action itself, it could been better. Spider Man is way different than the previous films, he is more funny but he hasn't the strenght the other Spider Man had. That's because he's still learning his powers to improve them. The other problem that this movie has is the same points of Spider Man 2002 film. The Spider bite, the Uncle Ben's Death and even the final swing all those things we already seen. Even knowing that this movie has some mistakes, the relationship between Peter and Gwen it's just incredible: They both have better chemistry than Tobey and Kirsten and when you see the movie, you will agree with me. Overall this movie is great, the dialogue, characters and details are well done in spite the same plot points from the very first movie and the action sequences not that great. Really recommend to watch this movie! Expand
  2. Apr 6, 2014
    I dunno what all the hate for this movie is about. It's not the best, it's not the worst. It's a fun Spiderman movie if you like Spiderman, but if you're not really a comic book person then you can safely skip this movie without having missed much.
  3. Mar 8, 2014
    I'm actually really pleased with this reboot. It's darker than the original Sam Raimi movies, it's not as cheesy, and I would say this movie comes in match with "Spider-Man 2". However, I did not find the lizard too interesting - it could have been better developed.
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    I really think this is underrated by a lot of people. Despite the obvious flaw of a rehashed story, I think looking past that, every aspect of this film is immensely superior to any other adaption, not just that of Raimi. Amazing acting; Stone never ceases to amaze me. Smart slick humour which I always love, and pretty damn great action sequences. A few odd soundtrack choices, but apart from that and a few other flaws, I don't see much wrong with this film. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Expand
  5. Feb 12, 2014
    This movie just sucks. How do you even think about remaking a movie about spiderman? Another one was realeased not many years ago and it was quite good. This one instead it's just spiderman for kids, the story is all messed up, the main character looks like a boy band member to catch some young teenager public (cmon peter parker should look and be just like a nerd, not a bieber/breaking dawn/skater/genius/rebel boy). Oh please it's just so bad.. Expand
  6. Feb 11, 2014
    I enjoyed the hell out of this movie! It has a darker tone and takes itself more seriously than the previous trilogy. Garfield is great as both Peter and Spiderman, and the rest of the cast was great as well. To my surprise this film had some good emotion, especially with Peter/Gwen and Peter/Uncle Ben. My only issue is that both the ending and the Lizard felt a bit rushed towards the end of the film. Pacing aside this is a must see for any Spidy fan. Expand
  7. Jan 13, 2014
    An interesting beginning in the reboot franchise, but too tweeny for my liking. Andrew Garfield is the essence of Peter Parker but his acting gets lost in a cloud of CG.
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    Mudou um pouco a história e realmente ficou interessante.
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    The Amazing Spider-Man is a mostly successful reboot of Spiderman despite having an agonizingly weak antagonist and shared plots with first Spider-Man movie.
  10. Dec 14, 2013
    Amazing Spider-Man is truly amazing movie superhero, if i can compare with sam raimi movie, the different look in costume, story, character, by the way i enjoy watch this movies...so entertaining...can't wait the sequel...good job Marc Webb
  11. Dec 12, 2013
    Stays a lot like the first Spider-Man in terms of plot, but action-packed fight sequences and great use of CGI make it a fresh take on Peter Parker's story.
  12. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Amazing Spider-Man, unfortunately, wasn't the solid reboot that I was hoping for. Now don't get me wrong. It's not necessarily a bad movie. I still found it decent but it just felt like things were really missing in this movie. The CGI and visuals look great in the movie, the acting is pretty solid, and it started to go somewhere towards the end. However, the problems I have with the film is 1.) the pacing, 2.) the writing felt a little lazy, 3.) the first act felt just the same as the first act in the 2002 Spider-man film, 4.) the action scenes weren't that great and were far and few in between, and 5.) the romance between Peter and Gwen felt awkward and shallow.

So overall, not a very good reboot. However, I still do have high hopes for The Amazing Spider-man 2 coming next summer. If that movie can fix the problems I mention (has better pacing, writing and action) and has Spider-man being more and cracking more jokes(which is what I did like about the Spider-man in this movie expect he hardly cracked any jokes and they weren't very funny) then I guarantee it'll be a great movie. But as for the Amazing Spider-man. It's at best, ok/decent. Not bad, not good, just ok.
  13. Nov 16, 2013
    More like the "The Amazing Computer-Generated Imagery Man!" This is a none-too-original origins story trite teenage romance hybrid in which dumb coincidences abound and the level of ridiculousness (e.g., a secret laboratory in the city sewers) grows increasingly tiresome. I won't say it's spectacular, but it is a spectacle of sorts all right, and I'd say skip it if only to dissuade them from making any more sequels. Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2013
    Don't like this one compared to the original. Peter Parker in this version is a lot more arrogant and rude. I know it's just a movie but Peter's arrogance indirectly got his uncle killed.
  15. Oct 29, 2013
    It's a good film so I'll give it a 8/10. The actions are pretty cool too, the way Peter Parker gets his webbing powers are well-explained. The film has a few hilarious scenes so it's a great movie to watch for all age.
  16. Oct 1, 2013
    Despite the reboot being at first a weaker plot and character setup compared to the original trilogy. The reboot does a quite remarkable job. There are some points where you would expect certain key characters to be present over others however despite that the replacements are nicely done. The action sequences in the movie were quite nicely done however due to the recent release of deleted scenes it was apparent that the movie could of gained a bit more ground if those selected deleted scenes were added in as they provided a better insight to the overall storyline. Regardless of that fact, The Amazing Spider-man was a fantastic movie. Expand
  17. Sep 21, 2013
    This film was undoubtedly awesome and slightly better than Spider-Man (2002 film) as the story was explained in a much better manner. There was a lot mentioned about his parents, his memories as a child and a briefcase which his father leaves behind that leads to him becoming Spider-Man. The important thing was that not many things were copied from Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man film. And for that, I guess I could Marc Webb a thumbs up right now! At first, he had some personal vendetta of finding his Uncle's killer...and then he learned the concept of wearing a mask, and eventually, he found a way to put his powers into proper use...by saving people. For those of you that think The Lizard was a lame piece of think again...there was this scene in Oscorp where Peter asks Dr.Connors, "How would a predator track a reptile?" Now think of Spider-Man as the predator and The Lizard as the reptile. Plus, it was more about cross-species genetics. If you're looking for a more badass villain, I suggest you wait for Electro to arrive in the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man 2. Expand
  18. Sep 20, 2013
    Two hours long, this reboot of the Spiderman franchise is substantial; a solid film. It is nothing like the original trilogy, but it still keeps your attention for a little bit, occasionally losing focus, then hitting a solid note again. It's a drifting movie looking for a target.
  19. Aug 25, 2013
    It's interesting that The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-man is different. They have very different characters, but really there are not really a different. Which is boring. Almost all story, scenes, actions were the same. Boring. I thought Tobey Maguire should be only be the spider-man, and The Amazing Spider-Man. But really tired of same movies, same sequels. same characters. Movies that are brought from comics. I want to see completely new ideas that made by director or writer. Expand
  20. Aug 21, 2013
    Well, the new Peter is charming and a very simple guy, and really really amazing. Not only girls must love him, but everyone. The other actors are great too, the movie is interesting and very good but only the first half. After that the movie went bad. It reminds me of the power rangers kids series. I think there's a lot to fix in the movie story, but it's too late now.
  21. Aug 18, 2013
    Ok, I will say that the Amazing Spider-Man had some decent visuals, and a really great performance from Andrew Garfield. He was absolutely hilarious as Spider Man. Emma Stone was decent enough as Gwen Stacy. My biggest problem with the film is that just 10 years after the first Spider Man film was released, this is just a rehash of everything that happened. Not only that, but it was done worse than the original Spider Man. It felt rushed, like they were trying to cram a lot of stuff into a short window of time. It felt like they were competing with the first Spider Man, and they lost on almost every front. I didn't feel much of a connection to the villain, either. He was simply there, and for what reason? A good hero makes half of a good story, a good villain completes it. We are left with half of a good story, which isn't enough to keep this movie above water. It kept me entertained enough for the time I watched it, but afterwards, it simply left me disappointed and frustrated. One of the worst movies of 2012. Expand
  22. Aug 12, 2013
    One of the most over rated movie ever this had me sleeping
    this earns a highest of 2/10
    A very bad movie
    ............................................
  23. Aug 11, 2013
    I think this is a fantastic movie and in my opinion better than the other Spider-man movies. They choose the perfect actor to play Peter Parker/Spider-man. Overall a really enjoyable movie for comic book fans and fans of good movies.
  24. Aug 11, 2013
    Meh, this movie seemed to take the things I liked from the original and throw them away and take the parts I didn't like and magnify them. Its an average super hero movie with a drawn out beginning. Its not bad, but I wasn't really impressed either.
  25. Aug 1, 2013
    Serving two fantastic leads in Garfield and Stone as well as a great villain in Rhys Ifans as The Lizard, everything works out perfectley in this superb reboot of my favorite superhero. It's truly amazing, not just amazing, but quite spectacular!
  26. Jul 29, 2013
    Well cast and shot, but I think the story was a bit lacking. The 'greatness' that Peter Parker was supposedly destined for according to Uncle Ben was nowhere to be seen. The first half, in which the protagonist is often seen without the costume, is more engaging. There were some memorable scenes, like the first time Peter talks to Gwen. This is my second favourite movie of the character after Spider Man 2. Expand
  27. Jul 26, 2013
    Watching it again I realized this filmed was completely flawed albeit mostly entertaining. Aside from Uncle Ben, everything in this rings completely false.
  28. Jul 15, 2013
    No me empeño en dañar las peliculas que a muchos les Gusta sino en valorar en este caso lo excelente que venia siendo Spider Man, no esta Peter Parker, es una nueva Historia un nuevo inicio a la clasica historia del hombre araña que no arranca muy bien.
  29. Jul 4, 2013
    With science and wit dangling from its webs of storytelling, "The Amazing Spider-Man" uses Garfield and Stone's acts to soar, and leaving a wonderful impression in the end.
  30. Jun 21, 2013
    Marvel never ceases to amaze me with their movies well most of them, but this particular film was well... AMAZING! First of all Andrew Garfield did a really good job playing the Spider-man character, but his Peter Parker performance wasn't as great as Toby Maguire's portrayal. Stone and Garfield don't really have chemistry in acting so that made this film awkward at times. The film also told a really good story and separated itself from the first Spider-man in 2002. Although some of the plot points are similar, the villain is different and this movie actually shows Peter's parents rather than not show them at all. Also, when this movie came out on DVD it shows many of the deleted scenes that would have been great character development for Doctor Curtis Connors (The Lizard) who despite didn't have the greatest development did a really good job portraying The Lizard. Overall this movie was a really good one and I highly recommend it.
    Overall: 8.5/10

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Jul 5, 2012
    This might be a fun summer blockbuster if only it even remotely needed to exist.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Jul 3, 2012
    In short, the character is a lot like the way Stan Lee first envisioned him, but the trilogy's screenwriter Steve Ditko would probably loathe this new, unsatisfying, and hollow-feeling entry into the new cinematic Marvel Universe.
  3. Reviewed by: Joshua Rothkopf
    Jul 3, 2012
    On the whole, it's passable stuff, a surprise, given how mechanical the masked character seemed.