7.9

1. May 26, 2012
    A great film to enjoy with the family and even has some decent character development that I didn't expect in this size of a cast. Robert Downing Jr. steals the show as his character is much more develop over the course of the Marvel movies. I would highly recommended this film to anyone to see more than once. Something I haven't done since the release of The Matrix.
  2. May 21, 2012
    What can I say. This movie pulled out all the stops. I find it hard, and sometimes cliché to rate something a 10, but this film deserved it from start to finish. With an opening that pulled you in, to an ending that left you wanting more, this film deserves the 10 it is receiving.
  3. May 23, 2012
    The movie was actually much better than anticipated.
    I didn't expect the story to go around 1 character and it didn't.
    Joss Whedon did a good job at bringing the cast together to deliver a great story.
    All I wish now is if he could add a bit more action sequence into the film and make it slightly more intense to improve the movie.
  4. May 23, 2012
    Quite possibly my favorite movie of all time. It has everything a good nerdy superhero movie needs and tells a tale that is quite unlike anything we've seen in theaters before with film heroes of 4 different film series coming together. Action was superb especially toward the major final showdown. Acting is fantastic(Mark Ruffalo and the Hulk are quite loveable and you wont miss Ed NortonQuite possibly my favorite movie of all time. It has everything a good nerdy superhero movie needs and tells a tale that is quite unlike anything we've seen in theaters before with film heroes of 4 different film series coming together. Action was superb especially toward the major final showdown. Acting is fantastic(Mark Ruffalo and the Hulk are quite loveable and you wont miss Ed Norton TOO much.)

Though the threat isn't incredibly frightening it provides just enough danger for the plot to seem real and significant enough to justify this great meeting of heroes...

Stick around til after ALL the credits as there's TWO secret endings(although the first is decidedly more important than the second). Go have fun...this is the summer romp well worth the 4 year wait and should prove to the rest of Hollywood what a summer Blockbuster should be like.
  5. May 25, 2012
    The Avengers smashed a hugh number of things by which I would say it's entertaining and full of actions. With all the big stars, amazing special effects, great action scenes, this is the kind of movie you want to spend your money on. However, I must say I don't think it was fast-paced enough for the part where the Avengers were recruited. I checked my watch a few times during that part.
  6. May 24, 2012
    This movie is insane. Best movie I've seen this year. It's a sick action movie and even has some small comedy parts just for laughs. It's a must for anyone who has been a fan of all the other comic book movies or someone looking for a sick action movie.
  7. Tap
    May 24, 2012
    This movie is a great action flick with a few emotional scenes thrown in for good measure. Everything about this movie exudes perfection. Sure, some of the plot makes no logical or practical sense, and sure, some of the casting does not match previous movies featuring the same characters, but dammit, I don't care!

The length of the movie is about 2.5 hours, yet the entire movie seemed

The length of the movie is about 2.5 hours, yet the entire movie seemed to just fly by. After the movie was over, I was shocked that it was already close to midnight. Overall, I just could not get enough of this film. I plan to buy the Blu-Ray/DVD combo once they release it, and I will definitely watch the movie over and over again!
  8. May 24, 2012
    Efectos espectaculares y actuaciones decentes, fue lo unico que pude percebir en esta pelicula, ya que no maneja un guion con buenos argumentos, pues para empezar, ¿cual es realmente la relacion entre Loki y el ejercito extraterrestre?, es una de las cosas que nunca logre comprender. Las actuaciones son lo mas destacable, Mark Ruffalo hizo un gran trabajo interpretando aEfectos espectaculares y actuaciones decentes, fue lo unico que pude percebir en esta pelicula, ya que no maneja un guion con buenos argumentos, pues para empezar, ¿cual es realmente la relacion entre Loki y el ejercito extraterrestre?, es una de las cosas que nunca logre comprender. Las actuaciones son lo mas destacable, Mark Ruffalo hizo un gran trabajo interpretando a Bruce Banner, siempre dando una sensacion de humildad por parte de este personaje, eso hasta que se tranforma en Hulk. Thor, interpretado por Chris Hemsworth, finalmente le dio un toque mas maduro al personaje, justo como en los comics. Chris Evans nunca de los nunca me termino de convencer como el Capitan America, es un personaje que le queda GIGANTESCO, pero observe una mejora a comparacion de la película del personaje. Y creo que no hace falta decirlo, Robert Downey Jr. es brillante como Tony Stark. Yo les pongo un 8, esta puede ser la mejor película de Super heroes por el momento, hicieron un buen trabajo en el especto de las actuaciones, le toco a cada uno su pedacito de pan, osea, su momento de robar camara. Altamente recomendable, 143 minutos que vas a disfrutar. Expand
  9. May 25, 2012
    Awesome. The action, humor, effects are all there. A well developed storyline, characters. The special effects in this movie, JUST AWESOME!! I mean look at the helicarrier, it looks realistic and futuristic at the same time. I am waiting for a sequel, The Avengers have amazed me. Its a MUST WATCH!!!
  10. May 25, 2012
    This is a great movie! Go see it, you won't regret it. It's pretty amazing given all the different characters coming together here that everything flows naturally.
  11. May 28, 2012
    This movie is NOT an apology for the somewhat disappointing Captain America. It is just the next installment in the MARVEL Cinematic Universe that happens to have great line after great line, great performance after great performance, great hell of a wallop after great kick in the face, and it just happens to be all packed in a kickass, 2 hour movie that is excellent in EVERY way. Even ifThis movie is NOT an apology for the somewhat disappointing Captain America. It is just the next installment in the MARVEL Cinematic Universe that happens to have great line after great line, great performance after great performance, great hell of a wallop after great kick in the face, and it just happens to be all packed in a kickass, 2 hour movie that is excellent in EVERY way. Even if youâ Expand
  12. May 26, 2012
    The Avengers, a smart and very entertaining movie.
    Could be the best Marvel Studios movie, in my opinion: it is.
    The humor, action, effects, music are excellent. I thank Joss Whedon make a movie as epic as this. It is just as good as the Dark Knight? No, you need a little to reach the Nolan film. The story is good but not a big deal, but it is best to entertain you from beginning to end.
    The Avengers, a smart and very entertaining movie.
    Could be the best Marvel Studios movie, in my opinion: it is.
    The humor, action, effects, music are excellent.
    I thank Joss Whedon make a movie as epic as this. It is just as good as the Dark Knight? No, you need a little to reach the Nolan film. The story is good but not a big deal, but it is best to entertain you from beginning to end. The best superhero: Iron Man.
  13. May 25, 2012
    The Avengers was a pretty terrific movie. Good job by the Iron Man and Hulk not only in comedy but also in action. The trailer created much anticipation and the movie did well. Indians really really liked the movie.
    I had to force my other pals to go see the movie. The only bad part that half of the shows in India were dubbed so not much of the effect there on the people. Otherwise. Hats off Tony Stark and Hulk..!!
  14. May 29, 2012
    Before I saw the movie, I thought it was going to be a stupid combination of a bunch of bad movies in an attempt to create on good movie.
    I was wrong.
    I was wrong.
    Lets face it, the only one of the avengers with a good individual movie was Captain America. But all together, they made an awesome movie. Teens and adults will love this movie. See the movie immediately. Intense action, combined with Scarlett Johansson in skin tight clothes, makes what could be the best movie of 2012.
  15. May 27, 2012
    A very enjoyable movie with great actors and a great combination of super heroes! Action is great, humor as well. This movie is definitely worth watching!
  16. May 28, 2012
    One of the best (if not THE best) comic book film ever.

It is a summer film wih good humor, great special effects and a plot that doesn't get in the way of either. For comic fans: Loki is done very well, Iron Man gets most of the attention and the Hulk certainly become a favorite by the end of the film. Thor is probably the least fleshed out. Overall it is a great film and as the
    One of the best (if not THE best) comic book film ever.

Overall it is a great film and as the Dsiney execs have already stated, "There will be a lot more of the Avengers in the future..."
  17. May 28, 2012
    This is a GREAT movie and you do not want to miss it. I thought it might be a little corny but it wasn't at all and Marvel did a great job bringing all the characters together with their distinct personalities. The action was amazing and so was the comedy. One of my most favorite all time.
  18. May 29, 2012
    The super best action movie ever which collaborated all best comic hero together in one. Seen forward for the second part to be more super and addition of more heroes.
    Compared to DC, Marvels are best of the Best ever.
  19. May 29, 2012
    A fun, action packed romp that finally pulls together all the little trailers at the end of the credits in past Marvel character movies. The main action sequence near the end went on about 20 minutes too long for me. Other than that, it was fun. Probably won't be really clear to you unless you've seen some or all of the preceding movies. Worth the $8.
  20. May 29, 2012
    The Avengers gives the super hero movie world as a whole a much needed dose of "good" rather than the "meh" and "huh?" of recent offerings. Now it is a great movie, no doubt, but it can't stand on its own without the previous hero movies wich ranged from serviceable to bad. On its own, Avengers doesn't offer much in the long term like Titanic or Avatar which have enoyed long standing valueThe Avengers gives the super hero movie world as a whole a much needed dose of "good" rather than the "meh" and "huh?" of recent offerings. Now it is a great movie, no doubt, but it can't stand on its own without the previous hero movies wich ranged from serviceable to bad. On its own, Avengers doesn't offer much in the long term like Titanic or Avatar which have enoyed long standing value since their stories are self contained and much more focussed on the characters. Avengers assumes you know half of what has already happenned and the plot provides little exposition for anything that has occured in previous movies. So despite the lack of lasting appeal, The Avengers is still well written, action packed and fun enough to be worth admission. Expand
  21. Aug 16, 2012
    Maybe the most hyped movie ever, considering the 4 or 5 movies that started the journey. Overall The Avengers delivers. One of the biggest question marks going in was how do you put this many characters in a film and keep the story cohesive. At no point during this movie did I feel that a character was being used in a negative way. The story flowed naturally and the dialogue was fun andMaybe the most hyped movie ever, considering the 4 or 5 movies that started the journey. Overall The Avengers delivers. One of the biggest question marks going in was how do you put this many characters in a film and keep the story cohesive. At no point during this movie did I feel that a character was being used in a negative way. The story flowed naturally and the dialogue was fun and light. The action looked amazing faithful to the characters and most importantly entertaining. This is the best pure summer popcorn movie to come along in a while. Expand
  22. May 31, 2012
    Any time that your tentpole, super-powered geekfest, CGI extravaganza'd, mega-blockbuster PG-13 moviefilm's antagonist can utter, "...THAT is my bargain, you mewling quim!" - your movie is probably made by Joss Whedon. This film is, and thank my various deities for that. "The Avengers" DELIVERS.
  23. Jun 1, 2012
    The movie was fantastic! I like Marvel characters but somehow I wasn't into The Avengers growing up so I was only mildly excited for this film. It blew my expectations out of the water though. The Hulk was definitely the best part of the movie but everyone held their own. Can't wait for the sequel!
  24. Jun 2, 2012
    The awesome **** of explosions, jokes and badassery. Expertly directed, no heroes are deprived of screen time, each one has his own unique story. Mark Ruffalo's got a great debut as the Hulk, Robert Downey Jr. being even more funny and sarcastic than in the Iron Man movies, and Captain America doesn't annoy me as he usually does. (I don't like the character in general) There are some flawsThe awesome **** of explosions, jokes and badassery. Expertly directed, no heroes are deprived of screen time, each one has his own unique story. Mark Ruffalo's got a great debut as the Hulk, Robert Downey Jr. being even more funny and sarcastic than in the Iron Man movies, and Captain America doesn't annoy me as he usually does. (I don't like the character in general) There are some flaws though - Black Widow and Hawkeye feel a bit out of place (Pistols against armored aliens? That's only acceptable because of Johansson's body) and Loki just doesn't appeal to me as the main villain, especially the second time in a row. (after Thor)
    Overall, I'd say this movie is a bit overrated (With lots of fanboys screaming it's "the best movie ever"), but it is actually the exemplary superhero movie, exciting to watch and easy to forget.
  25. Jun 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is everything a fan hopes for when they go to see it. I think it is definitely the best super hero movie ever, more entertaining than even the immortal "The Dark Knight". The dialogue is great, with Whedon's famous witty humor lightly and tastefully sprinkled throughout. There is obviously a multitude of great special effects, the quality of which peaks at the epic Manhattan alien fight scene. The story, while not revolutionary, is easy enough to follow and did not leave me disappointed. There are no plot holes whatsoever, which is good (here's a couple of commonly mistaken "plot holes": Thor is able to come back from Asgard through the "other ways out" that Loki mentions to Heimdall in "Thor". He obviously found one of them. Also, Loki is able to come back from his "death" because he is the god of mischief, of course! He obviously knew exactly where he would go when he fell into that abyss at the end of "Thor", and he just wanted to trick Thor into thinking he was dead). Overall, this movie is a great spectacle for the whole family, and I think any human being who enjoys having fun should like it. Expand
  26. Aug 17, 2012
    The best superhero movie ever made! The acting is top notch and the story is fantastic. Joss Whedon did an excellent job. It's hard to express how completely awesome this movie is.
  27. Feb 24, 2014
    Great fun! Mark Ruffalo as Hulk totally owns Eric Bana's poor performance and also surpassess Norton's Hulk. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow... oh dead God that leather suit.. I don't need to talk about it no more.. Just watch this movie if you want a great popcorn flick.
  28. Jun 8, 2012
    This is almost a great film. Almost. The action sequences are pretty amazing, for so many super heros all in one film it hangs together very well, and there are a couple of genuinely funny lines and moments of drama. but it's still popcorn and the plot relies on unbelievable moments (even for super heros) and some annoying things like the hulks new found self-control. but, bearing in mindThis is almost a great film. Almost. The action sequences are pretty amazing, for so many super heros all in one film it hangs together very well, and there are a couple of genuinely funny lines and moments of drama. but it's still popcorn and the plot relies on unbelievable moments (even for super heros) and some annoying things like the hulks new found self-control. but, bearing in mind how trite capn america was, and the expensive but kinda unfulfilling thor... this coud have been rubbish, but is I reckon the second-best recent mainstream super hero movie, coming in behind the dark knight. Expand
  29. Jun 8, 2012
    The Avengers is a action packed, fun filled movie. The move does not dissapoint with the special effects the 3D is good, but the movie is great with or without 3D but the 3D is good. The movie is full of fightng, explosions and humour.
  30. Jun 9, 2012
    Excellent film. Acting is brilliant. The middle section is a bit slow, however the ending makes up for it. Go see this film. Then go and watch the other Marvel films. Then watch this film again.
  31. Jun 9, 2012
    The movie was very well written, and very good quality, however I did feel that the movie had too much fantasy, and too much special effects. Overall The movie is a GO!
  32. Jun 10, 2012
    To sum it up into a few words The Avengers is a fun movie. Don't go in expecting something that will blow you away and leave you speechless. It's funny, the characters mix well for the most part, and the action is good. To be honest I would be giving this movie a lower score if it weren't for the egg head combo, and the nice pockets of humor. Definitely a movie to see, but if you haveTo sum it up into a few words The Avengers is a fun movie. Don't go in expecting something that will blow you away and leave you speechless. It's funny, the characters mix well for the most part, and the action is good. To be honest I would be giving this movie a lower score if it weren't for the egg head combo, and the nice pockets of humor. Definitely a movie to see, but if you have something else to do watch this later. Expand
  33. Jun 12, 2012
    Hell yeah! If that was not your first thought when the movie was over you are a total idiot. This movie was completely amazing. They story was great and entertaining. There are way too many scenes in this movie that were great to even pick a favorite. The movie has a perfect humor to action ratio. All the actors were brilliant and played their roles perfectly. And Scarlet Johanson was soHell yeah! If that was not your first thought when the movie was over you are a total idiot. This movie was completely amazing. They story was great and entertaining. There are way too many scenes in this movie that were great to even pick a favorite. The movie has a perfect humor to action ratio. All the actors were brilliant and played their roles perfectly. And Scarlet Johanson was so sexy as The Black Widow. Best superhero movie yet, I don't know how they will be able to beat it with The Avengers 2. Not loving this movie should be a crime. Anyone who didn't like this movie has terrible taste in movies and should never watch another movie in their life. Expand
  34. Jun 12, 2012
    Now, I'll be honest with all of you. I wasn't really interested in watching this movie when it came out. But my friends invited me to come watch it so I tagged along, and was I glad I did. The movie was great, it was funny, but I will be honest, I felt the sorta middle of the movie was very boring, in fact I ended up falling asleep for a couple minutes because of it. Anyways I did enjoyNow, I'll be honest with all of you. I wasn't really interested in watching this movie when it came out. But my friends invited me to come watch it so I tagged along, and was I glad I did. The movie was great, it was funny, but I will be honest, I felt the sorta middle of the movie was very boring, in fact I ended up falling asleep for a couple minutes because of it. Anyways I did enjoy this movie towards the end, and I didn't expect the movie to actually be funny, I thought it was going to be a serious and aggressive movie, but I was wrong. I enjoyed this movie and I do recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good movie, and a good laugh! Expand
  35. Jun 18, 2012
    Really good movie, and had good humor and action scenes.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  36. Sep 30, 2012
    The Avengers is a fun summer blockbuster, as it should be. It's a movie that fulfills its purpose, it doesn't tries to be dark, like many films these days, its just a flick that blends comedy and action, and The Avengers does that perfectly.
  37. Jun 18, 2012
    I liked The Avengers a lot! What a fantastic summer movie with spectacular visuals and a great cast. The story was actually more than what I hoped for and it was surprisingly funny for what it is. Just sheer action movie bliss, all the way around.
  38. Jun 23, 2012
    Last night, someone made the comment to me that Whedon is surely on his way to becoming the next Christopher Nolan - someone who gets to play around with a camera, a couple million dollars and they
  39. Jun 23, 2012
    This is an action film- and nobody likes action films with not enough action. I went to this movie of the normal opinion I go to see action movies with- I'll have seen all the action in the trailer. This is absolutely not the case with Avengers! I was pleasantly surprised with the fact there was far more action than your average superhero movie film, with not too many less-interestingThis is an action film- and nobody likes action films with not enough action. I went to this movie of the normal opinion I go to see action movies with- I'll have seen all the action in the trailer. This is absolutely not the case with Avengers! I was pleasantly surprised with the fact there was far more action than your average superhero movie film, with not too many less-interesting talky talky bits. I gave this a seven because though the effects and acting were astounding, I felt it could have used a bit more explanation of the storyline, and was a bit slow to get going. Some stuff I just didn't get as well. But besides that, good job! Definitely better than a lot of the things I've seen in the cinema of late (cough john carter cough) Expand
  40. Jan 12, 2013
    It's not every day a film comes along that has such an exciting, fast pace, but also has such a satisfactory, witty script, good actors, a genuinely slimy villain in the tradition of Basil Rathbone, and spectacular action sequences that do not go on and on, but thrill. Take the opportunity to watch this one. It's well worth the money.
  41. Aug 4, 2012
    Awesome Film!!!! Held a great amount of imagination and excitement that you don't see all the time. Had a lot of laughs more than I expected for an action movie. Met higher than the expectations I had. Gathering wonderful characters and a terrific story plot.
  42. Jan 19, 2013
    I began watching this movie expecting something decent, but nothing too exceptional. However, it really was pretty good. I don't claim that the Avengers film was a brilliant piece of work, but it entertained me, and at the end of the day that's what I'm after.
  43. Jul 21, 2012
    This movie was a lot of talking, mainly just arguing between the Avengers. The Antagonist is nothing to fear, and there is no doubt in the viewer's head that he will be defeated with ease. The gigantically long and redundant battle scene against the monster things wasn't special because every alien thing was the same and there was nothing special about them. Robert Downey, Jr. was theThis movie was a lot of talking, mainly just arguing between the Avengers. The Antagonist is nothing to fear, and there is no doubt in the viewer's head that he will be defeated with ease. The gigantically long and redundant battle scene against the monster things wasn't special because every alien thing was the same and there was nothing special about them. Robert Downey, Jr. was the best part of the movie. His portrayal of Tony Stark was great and humorous. Captain America was boring and annoying at times. I don't understand the hype at all. It was "all right" at best. Expand
  44. Jan 1, 2013
    Why do you want a heavy-weight storyline when you have The Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America etc.. and enough bad guys to beat up! Sit back and enjoy, goes easy on the brains.
  45. May 24, 2014
    First time watching the Avengers i was amazed, astonished and dazzled by the fact that Marvel manged to create an avengers film; Second time watching through the film, again im amazed at how good the film is and how much better it is compared to over superhero films; Third time, its an ok film, the acting is good, the action is good, but i feel as if something is missing; FOURTH **** TIME,First time watching the Avengers i was amazed, astonished and dazzled by the fact that Marvel manged to create an avengers film; Second time watching through the film, again im amazed at how good the film is and how much better it is compared to over superhero films; Third time, its an ok film, the acting is good, the action is good, but i feel as if something is missing; FOURTH **** TIME, what the **** what is the plot of the film, why is the main story so boring, damn why is captain america under used, why are all the characters very shallow and boring, why is the only good thing about the film the fact that the Action sequences are spectacular and seeing all those hero's on the screen amazing.

I rest my case, The Avengers is a above average film that managed to trick people in to thinking that it was Awesometacular.
  46. Jul 22, 2012
    I just watched what was one of the single greatest movies I have ever seen. The Avengers is THE best superhero movie I have EVER seen. I am just stunned. That movie was SO worth the wait. "Hulk... SMASH!"

It is going to be so hard for any other movie released this summer to top The Avengers let a lone any superhero movie that will ever be released from this point on. The Avengers has completely raised the bar. That was a hell of a way to kick of The Summer Blockbuster Season Marvel! Bravo Marvel, bravo!

For those of you who have not yet seen Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger but want to go see The Avengers this weekend, you could technically see it without seing the other movies but you will just end up hurting your enjoyment of the movie. One of the best things about The Avengers is seeing all of these amazing characters, each with there own standalone film, come together in this truly epic movie. Do yourself a favor and check those 5 movies before rushing off to go see The Avengers. It will be SO worth it in the end.
  47. Sep 1, 2012
    An incredible movie.The characters are Iron Man,Hulk,Thor,Captain America,Black Widow and Nick Fury.Featuring Loki.Incredible visual effects.Good movie.I liked the journey to Germany.
  48. Jul 31, 2012
    This film is every little boy's dream: All your favorite Marvel superheros coming together. For the most part, it works very well. The characters have distinct personalities and are a lot of fun to watch, especially when it comes to settling their differences. This is one of those movies that is more about action than drama. There are a lot of scenarios that look like they were takenThis film is every little boy's dream: All your favorite Marvel superheros coming together. For the most part, it works very well. The characters have distinct personalities and are a lot of fun to watch, especially when it comes to settling their differences. This is one of those movies that is more about action than drama. There are a lot of scenarios that look like they were taken directly from a comic book, and for a move that's based on a comic book, it adds a great sense of authenticity. Is there anything I don't like about this film? There are quite a few things that prevent it from being perfect, but there are so many moments where you cheer for you favorite heroes that any flaws you come across quickly become irrelevant. In other words, you find yourself in such a huge world of action fantasies that it manages to distract you from everything else. The Avengers is simply an ensemble like no other. Expand
  49. Aug 6, 2012
    The review of a marvel ultimate movie "The Avengers", This movie was freaking amazing! Joss Weldon did an awesome job on this movie! This was my fav!!
  50. Aug 19, 2012
    I really liked The Avengers, the comedy mixed with the action made it a great movie, however I didn't like how Black Widow was part of it, she just stood there in that circle with her little skimpy outfit and little pistol while you see the rest of the avengers standing there looking powerful, as if she was just there for show. I'd definitely pay to watch The Hulk smash Loki into theI really liked The Avengers, the comedy mixed with the action made it a great movie, however I didn't like how Black Widow was part of it, she just stood there in that circle with her little skimpy outfit and little pistol while you see the rest of the avengers standing there looking powerful, as if she was just there for show. I'd definitely pay to watch The Hulk smash Loki into the ground multiple times again though. Expand
  51. Aug 10, 2012
    While the action scenes are breath-taking, Whedon has trouble juggling the litany of characters ingrained in the story, leaving it, overall, thinly plotted and surprisingly predictable.
  52. Aug 12, 2012
    This movie is the mix of all the hero that we like but in my opinion they focus on iron man which is good because i like the iron man and in this movie we now know about the hawk eye and other from S.H.I.E.L.D Which help those four heroes protect the earth the scene in movie that i like is the fighting scene in new york which start from black widow then moving to the iron man flying toThis movie is the mix of all the hero that we like but in my opinion they focus on iron man which is good because i like the iron man and in this movie we now know about the hawk eye and other from S.H.I.E.L.D Which help those four heroes protect the earth the scene in movie that i like is the fighting scene in new york which start from black widow then moving to the iron man flying to Captain America and then hawk eye and Hulk and Thor that really cool if we talk about Thor i want him to show more power in this movie too. He\'s god man he has a huge power to fight those Loki\'s army that all i can tell you this movie is awesome Expand
  53. Aug 22, 2012
    Style, substance, and a f**k ton of ass-slamming action, the Avengers delivers. If you don't like superhero movies, or have been let down by previous marvel/dc efforts, then you may be skeptical or biased, but the talents of Whedon and co. were truly harnessed to produce a mass amorphus of brilliance. Being a skeptic myself, and listening to mixed reviews, it look me a long time to comeStyle, substance, and a f**k ton of ass-slamming action, the Avengers delivers. If you don't like superhero movies, or have been let down by previous marvel/dc efforts, then you may be skeptical or biased, but the talents of Whedon and co. were truly harnessed to produce a mass amorphus of brilliance. Being a skeptic myself, and listening to mixed reviews, it look me a long time to come around and give this a go, but this film surpassed my low expectations and didn't just raise the bar for action, style, comedic intercession and witty screenplay, it blasted the aforementioned into the fourth dimension!! Expand
  54. Aug 24, 2012
    It IS a good movie if you're a Marvel fan, but otherwise there's not much to it. The "story" is as simple as it gets and the action scenes are so big and so frequent that it fails to impress after a while. It's all about explosions and one-liners and superheroes beating up bad guys, and if that's enough for you... well, great. For me it isn't.
  55. Oct 14, 2012
    I really tried to love this film but when the plot holes are beyond obvious it is hard and unexplained actions were even worse. Half of S.H.I.E.L.D didn't even need to be there. It didn't stop it being enjoyable. Robert Downey Jr. was the highlight of this film. Still worth watching.
  56. Sep 24, 2012
    This was a very nice movie for one and only reason. All those heroes from the action movies are all in one It's really to much to handle! The plot had some twists too although it was nothing we hadn't seen before. I enjoyed some humorous scenes too and also the conflict of the different characters in the group like iron man and captain america. To sum up this movie is a very entertainingThis was a very nice movie for one and only reason. All those heroes from the action movies are all in one It's really to much to handle! The plot had some twists too although it was nothing we hadn't seen before. I enjoyed some humorous scenes too and also the conflict of the different characters in the group like iron man and captain america. To sum up this movie is a very entertaining superhero movie, one of the best out there although it doesn't have that something to trully make it legendary! Expand
  57. Oct 4, 2012
    I have no idea why this has been panned so much by the Critics on this site. It's probably one of the best Superhero movies to date. Funny, all action with some brilliant performances by the cast, I can't help wondering why the hell this only scored 69. Still, at least the real film buffs understand (i.e those that do user reviews). I can't help thinking that so many critics only writeI have no idea why this has been panned so much by the Critics on this site. It's probably one of the best Superhero movies to date. Funny, all action with some brilliant performances by the cast, I can't help wondering why the hell this only scored 69. Still, at least the real film buffs understand (i.e those that do user reviews). I can't help thinking that so many critics only write reviews in a bid to draw attention to themselves instead of actually giving honest assessments of films and games.

Anyway, ignore the Critic Score and just get this movie. It's not too serious and it's highly enjoyable!
  58. Sep 17, 2012
    Avengers is the BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!
  59. Sep 30, 2012
    I grew up reading Marvel comic books and I love the way they are being brought back to life. We need heroes in the times we have today. We do have heroes they are the men and women of The United States Armed Forces. Thank you...
    Demmi Moore said it best in one of her early films. ''They Are The Ones That Stand on The Wall to Make sure We Are Safe''.
  60. Aug 5, 2014
    Great special effects and action, weak plot and the use of an already estabelished villian. Also at about the one hour mark the film slows down to a crawl so it can get everyone together and bicker. As strong as Tom Hildeston is as Loki, i was kind of disappointed to see him as the primary villian for half the movie. There is a huge amount of Avengers villiany through out the comicsGreat special effects and action, weak plot and the use of an already estabelished villian. Also at about the one hour mark the film slows down to a crawl so it can get everyone together and bicker. As strong as Tom Hildeston is as Loki, i was kind of disappointed to see him as the primary villian for half the movie. There is a huge amount of Avengers villiany through out the comics that could have been tapped into, but Whedon chose to go in the driection of generic space creatures instead. The movie does make good use of humor and its probably the most accessible marvel movie yet. Expand
  61. Nov 9, 2012
    Every single thing about this movie is beautiful. I have actually lost count of how many times I have seen it, and it really is that rewatchable. The acting is awesome, the writing is HILARIOUS, and the action scenes are, for lack of a better word, epic. That said, this is not a movie for those who love "serious" film. It's a lighthearted action-y superhero movie. If you go into itEvery single thing about this movie is beautiful. I have actually lost count of how many times I have seen it, and it really is that rewatchable. The acting is awesome, the writing is HILARIOUS, and the action scenes are, for lack of a better word, epic. That said, this is not a movie for those who love "serious" film. It's a lighthearted action-y superhero movie. If you go into it expecting Shakespeare, you're obviously going to come out disappointed. Things blow up. Scarlett Johansson is in a catsuit. Tony snarks. ...it's really just perfect. Expand
  62. Aug 5, 2013
    The Avengers 9/10.....................................................................................................................................
  63. Nov 13, 2012
    There are a lot of people giving this movie a perfect ten out of ten. This is understandable, but only if you are going into it thinking its a family movie. The Avengers is relatively tame, contains cheap, slapstick humor (take the Captain America trading cards for example), and the plot is extremely simple and easy to follow. Though these detract from the movie in my personal opinion,There are a lot of people giving this movie a perfect ten out of ten. This is understandable, but only if you are going into it thinking its a family movie. The Avengers is relatively tame, contains cheap, slapstick humor (take the Captain America trading cards for example), and the plot is extremely simple and easy to follow. Though these detract from the movie in my personal opinion, there are some upsides if you are like me and prefer a more complex action movie. The special effects are amazing, the cast is, for the most part, star studded, and if you have invested time in the other movies leading up to The Avengers there are references that reward the viewer. That being said, if you are either going as a family, or a fan of the other movie, you will enjoy The Avengers. However, if you were not interested in the past movies leading up to The Avengers and are looking for a complex, non-linear plot, than this may not be the movie for you. Expand
  64. Nov 24, 2012
    The Avengers is first culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and makes history as it is the first big screen film that brings together Marvel's cinematic heros and is a direct sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor. Plot: Loki (Tom Hiddleston) accquires the mysterious power of the Tesseract which is capable of possessing the humanThe Avengers is first culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and makes history as it is the first big screen film that brings together Marvel's cinematic heros and is a direct sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor. Plot: Loki (Tom Hiddleston) accquires the mysterious power of the Tesseract which is capable of possessing the human heart and almost anything else. Nick Fury, director of Shield (Samuel Jackson) brings together The Avengers for the first time in an attempt to prevent Loki from terrorizing Earth. Captain America: Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) has just been thawed out after being frozen for 67 years and has not aged but has forever lost the love of his life through time and is dedicated to the protection of his country, he plays the mature Captain of The Avengers and is the voice of reason. Iron Man: Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is a billionaire and owner of Stark Industries. After creating his new arc reactor for his heart, he has expanded its size and created Stark Tower which is a prototype to test off his most cost effiecient source of energy. He plays the comedy relief and one of the most intelligent of The Avengers. The Incredible Hulk: Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) had gone back into hiding after he aided the US army in defeating the Abomination. When he is forced to become a Shield scientist, he must learn to control his anger in order to not become a hazard. He plays the hot head, and one of the most intelligent of The Avengers. Thor(Chris Hemsworth): After destroying the rainbow bridge connecting the realm of Earth to Asgard, Odin casts dark magic in order to send Thor back to Earth in order to persuade Loki that although he will never be King or the true Odinson, he will always be part of the family. He plays the most serious Avenger for Loki is the main reason he was sent back to Earth, and the power Loki wields threatens the safety of the nine realms which is his responsibility as King of Asgard. Black Widow: Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) is an agent of Shield who is trained to be a master of disguise and flexible combat. She plays the sexy, yet troubled Avenger. Hawkeye: Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) is an agent of Shield who is trained to have perfect accuracy with his bow and arrow. Early on however, Loki possess him which makes him a part of his army. He plays the Avenger gone bad. My opinion: This is movie history in one of its finest forms. It is a must see even if you haven't seen the tie in movies which I would definintly reccomend before watching this masterpiece. Expand
  65. Mar 30, 2013
    Wow "HULK SMASH," his way in to give this movie a 10 easy! How could I give it anything else after watching the Hulk!? Is it even possible, nope not for me. This move is a must watch! I don`t know what anybody who does not like this movie was expecting. Did you think this was "A Beautiful Mind" part two? At first I wondered how they would make all the heroes come together, but they did aWow "HULK SMASH," his way in to give this movie a 10 easy! How could I give it anything else after watching the Hulk!? Is it even possible, nope not for me. This move is a must watch! I don`t know what anybody who does not like this movie was expecting. Did you think this was "A Beautiful Mind" part two? At first I wondered how they would make all the heroes come together, but they did a great job with it. All the characters fit right in. The critics are crazy for not liking this, I don`t know why they even exist, everybody should have their own opinions on movies and everything in life. If you just listen to critics, or even friends you will miss out on allot of things you actually would like. Expand
  66. Nov 28, 2012
    A glowing example of what action movies should be like - a perfect blend of intelligence and thrills.
  67. Nov 30, 2012
    Marvel has always dominated the superhero movie genre, and with its giant marketing buildup to this film, it's easy to see how this could have become one of cinema's tragic flops. But oh no. "The Avengers" is THE superhero movie of all superhero movies. It's got fantastic, epic action, breathtaking visual effects, and a very strongly-written story packed with thrills and truly hilariousMarvel has always dominated the superhero movie genre, and with its giant marketing buildup to this film, it's easy to see how this could have become one of cinema's tragic flops. But oh no. "The Avengers" is THE superhero movie of all superhero movies. It's got fantastic, epic action, breathtaking visual effects, and a very strongly-written story packed with thrills and truly hilarious moments. Each character gets their moments in the sun, each gets their own story arc, we see them fight each other and with each other, and ultimately it all comes together for a completely satisfying 5-star experience that really raises the bar for all superhero flicks to come. Expand
  68. Dec 7, 2012
    I found absolutely nothing wrong with this movie, the character backgrounds/back stories may not have been explained, but it was said in the previous movies before this one. THE EPICEST MOVIE EVER (so far) in my opinion, 10(.5)/10
  69. Jan 24, 2013
    It is the closest to perfection a comic book movie adaptation can get. I really can not say too much else. I found almost nothing wrong with it, however, I do feel they could have gotten a more prominent Villain. Loki was convincing and a worthy foe, but it just felt like they could have gone up against someone more sinister than an Asgardian with daddy issues. Still, a fantastic film thatIt is the closest to perfection a comic book movie adaptation can get. I really can not say too much else. I found almost nothing wrong with it, however, I do feel they could have gotten a more prominent Villain. Loki was convincing and a worthy foe, but it just felt like they could have gone up against someone more sinister than an Asgardian with daddy issues. Still, a fantastic film that I can watch over and over. How on earth did Cobie Smulders get cast in this movie? Quite the big leap from TV sitcom to ...... this. There's nothing wrong with her, I was just pleasantly surprised. Expand
  70. Dec 16, 2012
    Now 6 years ago when Iron Man hit the big screens we were promised the Avengers. Now the problem I thought I was going to have with this movie was that there were too many characters to base the whole movie on , but the director Joss Whedon does an excellent job with bringing all these characters together. When it is a scene with Iron Man played by Robert Downey Jr it is all about IronNow 6 years ago when Iron Man hit the big screens we were promised the Avengers. Now the problem I thought I was going to have with this movie was that there were too many characters to base the whole movie on , but the director Joss Whedon does an excellent job with bringing all these characters together. When it is a scene with Iron Man played by Robert Downey Jr it is all about Iron Man. When it is a scene with Captain America played bey Chris Evans it is all about Captain America. The character that surprised me the most was Loki played by Tom Hiddleston. He was a dark villain in Thor and now he is an even darker villain in the Avengers. He is just so bad ass with his chitari army. This movie is 2 hours long and it feels like half an hour because it is so thrilling and intense. Avengers Assemble is MARVELous. Expand
  71. Dec 25, 2012
    Hawkeye, Black Widow just doesn't fit right in the avengers, the threat which is beyond any well trained human abilities just cannot be mitigated with special bows and guns... don't see what these 2 have done that could not be done with any regular army soldier. I didn't like the ending they made it too easy, a LARGE invading army coming from another dimension with advanced weapons andHawkeye, Black Widow just doesn't fit right in the avengers, the threat which is beyond any well trained human abilities just cannot be mitigated with special bows and guns... don't see what these 2 have done that could not be done with any regular army soldier. I didn't like the ending they made it too easy, a LARGE invading army coming from another dimension with advanced weapons and technology should not be easily beaten, I want the avengers to win ofcourse but it should have been harder for them and the drama could have easily been harder (Loki is just weak for someone with his powers). Still I recommend the movie it is fun! Expand
  72. Dec 16, 2013
    The Avengers is definitely one extremely fun movie. It doesn't transcend the genre's storytelling limits like Nolan's Batman trilogy did, but the whole thing probably would have collapsed trying to do this anyways. Instead it smartly embraces the lunacy of comic books rather than try to reject it. This means that the film becomes a little to silly at times, but it also allows it to beThe Avengers is definitely one extremely fun movie. It doesn't transcend the genre's storytelling limits like Nolan's Batman trilogy did, but the whole thing probably would have collapsed trying to do this anyways. Instead it smartly embraces the lunacy of comic books rather than try to reject it. This means that the film becomes a little to silly at times, but it also allows it to be built from the ground up as a gigantic showcase for an array of very exciting action set pieces. It's definitely not a very deep or thought provoking film, but it's elevated well above the average explosion fest by its style, sense of fun, more than solid visual effects, and well established, albeit somewhat cartoony and overly flamboyant, characters. It's one of the most entertaining superhero movies out there. Expand
  73. Jan 28, 2013
    The Avengers is the best Marvel comic book movie ever made. This movie had great action, great acting, and a great plot. It's 143 minutes of pure awesomeness and excitement. Also this movie had fantastic acting from Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, and Tom Hiddleston. This is one of my favorite films of all time. This is the best film of 2012 by far.
  74. Mar 23, 2013
    I was surprised, this movie is really good, I thought it was another of Transformers, but it was really smart and funny.
    The result was not only a blast, but also led to more adaptations, including the coveted 'Spiderman' walked many years ago stuck in an economically unviable Study (Carolco) and promoters like James Cameron who remained in the way.
    They know how to count and give casual
    They know how to count and give casual joke humorous, sad not like Michael Bay attempts to do so. The performances are really good by the entire cast, especially that of Tom Hiddleston, is really good and hae see Loki's character as a great and dangerous villain of comic books, and my opinion much deserved every award nomination.
    The visual effects and uncountable stages are really amazing, definitely an Oscar nomination in this.
    What I did not like was that it is very predictable, so I tend to like movies, I like movies when something unexpected happens, but here there was exepcion, also becomes longer and that can be very annoying as the movie.
    Nearly two hours of footage, and how difficult was entertained. In the end it was hard not to. Not drops, not weakens and does not disappoint, with all the spectacular and the technique allows exploiting the potential in each frame which was holding. If you had to hang a picture next to the term 'blockbuster popping' the heroes traveling on the streets of New York would be the ideal.

'The Avengers' have joined. They do not separate the precipitated sequels.
    Good Movie.
    My Score: 9.3
  75. Jun 27, 2013
    The Avengers has all the traits of a Marvel movie. The protagonists are humorous and intelligent, there's a lot of actions, and it makes a lot of money in the box office. However, the Avengers takes all of these traits and amps them up. The actions is bigger and better, there are more protagonists, leading to better and funnier dialogue, and the movie is a lot more fun as a result. You'llThe Avengers has all the traits of a Marvel movie. The protagonists are humorous and intelligent, there's a lot of actions, and it makes a lot of money in the box office. However, the Avengers takes all of these traits and amps them up. The actions is bigger and better, there are more protagonists, leading to better and funnier dialogue, and the movie is a lot more fun as a result. You'll definitely have a good time watching the Avengers. It's not a revolutionary movie, but it doesn't have to be. It's just a fun action movie that never slows down. Expand
  76. May 22, 2013
    This movie pulls off what it is trying to do perfectly. The acting is great, the plot, while not complex, works, and the visual effects are stunning. While not as good as The Dark Knight Rises, This movie perfectly does what it set out to do. But seriously, during the last big fight, how are they talking to each other without earpieces?
  77. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is utterly fantastic! We get all our favorite characters from previous Marvel films and they are put into 1...what isn't there to like.

With the fantastic direction from Joss Whedon (Buffy The Vampire Slayer I know right! Quite a difference) this film lives up to its hype which many films do not this film also has the best CGI I have ever seen...The best sequence for me is the one shot where there are no cuts, just one fluent shot which follows Iron Man as he helps each of the Avengers one-by-one.

Now, why have I put this film on a 9/10...That's because I did not really enjoy the prolonged bickering between the Avengers. It took way too long for them to finally work together. However, it does not mean the banter during these scenes were boring!

Overall, a fantastic Super-Hero movie, possibly the best, the only fault would be the ever-long bickering over than that...all I got to say if you haven't watched it yet, stop reading now and watch it!
  78. Apr 6, 2013
    As I write this review, the Avengers is my personal favorite movie. The Avengers is an absolute blast, featuring mind-blowing special effects and CGI, great performances all around, and humor that makes this an all-around incredible movie.

My personal favorites in this movie were Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk. Robert Downey, Jr. brought back more of his sarcastic and witty comments that make him the best character in the movie. However, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner was just incredible. He played the part very well. As for the Hulk, he was awesome.

I also have to applaud the other cast members (Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Scarlett Johannsenn, Jeremy Renner). They all did very well in their respective roles and I felt that Loki was a very good villain.

Overall, this is an absolutely stunning movie that every has to see at some point.
  79. Apr 2, 2013
    When the demoman from Team Fortress 2 is involved in your movie, you're doing something right. People, you need to follow the likes of this movie, because it is simply amazing. Please watch this movie
  80. Apr 7, 2013
    This is hands down the best super hero movie made to-date, and I've seen them all. At over 2 hours and 20 minutes, it is wholly captivating, perfectly balancing character development, team development (which is critical for this movie) and eye-popping 3D action. This is no small feat, bringing together the six "heroes.". Even the minor characters are brought to the forefront (JeremyThis is hands down the best super hero movie made to-date, and I've seen them all. At over 2 hours and 20 minutes, it is wholly captivating, perfectly balancing character development, team development (which is critical for this movie) and eye-popping 3D action. This is no small feat, bringing together the six "heroes.". Even the minor characters are brought to the forefront (Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, for example), enriching their characters and making their action sequences just as cool and dynamic.

And surprisingly, it is the best Hulk movie. There are two scenes featuring the Hulk that will have you laughing so hard you'll be in tears. You'd think Iron Man would have the coolest action sequences, but when the Hulk inflicts carnage on the enemies, you don't want it to stop.

This is Josh Whedon's breakout movie. No longer will he be known as "the guy that made the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series," but the guy that made The Avengers.
  81. Nov 17, 2014
    The Avengers and the wrest of the Marvel cinematic universe could prove to be the Star Wars of it's generation. Joss Whedon clearly has a love and understanding of these characters and the source material. He collaborates all of these stars to perfection and balances their screen time effortlessly. His overall direction is solid and all of the set pieces are thoroughly enjoyable. The finalThe Avengers and the wrest of the Marvel cinematic universe could prove to be the Star Wars of it's generation. Joss Whedon clearly has a love and understanding of these characters and the source material. He collaborates all of these stars to perfection and balances their screen time effortlessly. His overall direction is solid and all of the set pieces are thoroughly enjoyable. The final act in particular is unbelievable and incredibly crowd pleasing. The whole cast is strong but Robert Downey Jr. is the standout as Iron Man. Tom Hiddleston is as equally superb as villain Loki, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow & Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury have much more involvement and most surprisingly Mark Ruffalo is a welcome recasting as the Hulk. Chris Evans & Chris Hemsworth are both strong also and have grown into their characters Captain America & Thor respectively. However my only minor criticism is Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Personally I didn't like the way his character was developed throughout the film until the final act. And I hope his character has the chance to shine in future releases. But otherwise as a lifelong fan of these characters I was both pleasantly surprised and incredibly satisfied. The Avengers caters for everybody, it's action packed, full of humour and it will please fan boys and newcomers alike. This is without a doubt Marvel's best film to date and it epitomises the success of the Phase 1 films. And even more excitingly it kick starts Phase 2 perfectly. Expand
  82. May 12, 2013
    Everything happens very fast which helps maintain a constant climax, with a story that humanizes the heroes, and scenes as spectacular as those of Transformers 3, what could be better is the largest participation of Thor and Captain America, and the decentralization of the plot in Iron Man and Hulk.
  83. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was a great movie one of the best movies of all time it was a dream to see all those characters on the screen at one time. The fight scenes were epic and the cast was excellent it was a really great movie.
  84. Sep 20, 2013
    "The Avengers" was probably one of the most exhilarating movies I have ever watched. It creative mix of characters and its unstoppable action is as epic as it can be. The only slight downside of it is its relatively simple plot, but it is an action movie, and it's large budget is mostly for enhancing that. I am pretty sure that the sequel scheduled for 2015 is a movie that I will watch.
  85. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ''this song was kick ass from start to finish i new it was going to be chronic all the superheros were 10/10 the acting was the same and i was in love with the hulk he kicked ass expecially when he fought Loki and loki was like u are a dull creature i am a god then hulk kicks his ass Expand
  86. Jun 6, 2013
    The story is based more on action than plot. That said, I wouldn't say the plot is bad, it's just not particularly strong. It overcomes that with great action sequences, passable acting (great in the cases of Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo), and likable characters. It's a superhero movie, so don't expect anything in depth, but it is a fun movie.
  87. May 24, 2013
    I love this movie. The special affects were excellent and I love how the characters have to come together and work on the same side instead of all going there own way. I hope the next movie is as good.
  88. May 31, 2013
    As a guy who enjoys superhero movies, I have to say that The Avengers is one of the best superhero movies of all time. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Iron Man. Chris Evans was great as Captain America. Mark Ruffalo was fantastic as Bruce Banner and Tom Hiddleston was amazing as Loki, who is one of my favorite super villains ever. The plot was extraordinary. Just do yourself a favor andAs a guy who enjoys superhero movies, I have to say that The Avengers is one of the best superhero movies of all time. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Iron Man. Chris Evans was great as Captain America. Mark Ruffalo was fantastic as Bruce Banner and Tom Hiddleston was amazing as Loki, who is one of my favorite super villains ever. The plot was extraordinary. Just do yourself a favor and watch this movie. Expand
  89. Jun 6, 2013
    The Avengers. It's what they call themselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" type thing. Yeah, takes them a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: A demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins. They have a FreakinThe Avengers. It's what they call themselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" type thing. Yeah, takes them a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: A demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins. They have a Freakin Hulk!!

This movie is everything a comic book movie should be.
  90. Jun 20, 2013
    Although in some parts it tries too hard to be funny, The Avengers overall solidifies itself as the second best superhero flick ever (behind The Dark Knight).
    This is the ultimate film for Comic fans, and it's an amazingly good film.
  91. Jun 9, 2013
    The best superhero movie of all time. This movie is so amazing, bringing the superheroes together and forming the avengers was the perfect idea for marvel. Loki played a great villain in this movie and it was a lot of action and pretty hilarious. This movie had so much action that it was hard to take your eyes of the screen for just a second. Iron man was the most exciting thing about thisThe best superhero movie of all time. This movie is so amazing, bringing the superheroes together and forming the avengers was the perfect idea for marvel. Loki played a great villain in this movie and it was a lot of action and pretty hilarious. This movie had so much action that it was hard to take your eyes of the screen for just a second. Iron man was the most exciting thing about this movie to me. This is definitely one of my favorite movies and if you watch the extra ending of the movie it gives you a clue that Thanos will be in the next movie. Watching this movie tells you that the guardians of the galaxy will be very good. Expand
  92. Jun 16, 2013
    While it is a good attempt, The Avengers fails at the true essence of the superhero genre. The avengers has amazing acting yes, however they cannot help interest me in the more dramatic scenes, which are extremely slow paced and boring. Though Hulk's character was well explored, Hawkeye's character wasn't explored much and I was never interested in him. Action sequences are a pain to watchWhile it is a good attempt, The Avengers fails at the true essence of the superhero genre. The avengers has amazing acting yes, however they cannot help interest me in the more dramatic scenes, which are extremely slow paced and boring. Though Hulk's character was well explored, Hawkeye's character wasn't explored much and I was never interested in him. Action sequences are a pain to watch because of the poor cinematography. It just looks like the cameras are whizzing around everywhere and is an eyesore. Story is not that great either. In superhero movies, Story is worth at leas 45% of the entire movie. The story was not explained well and I couldn't care less about it. This could have been a great movie but missed a great chance of becoming one. Expand
  93. Jun 17, 2013
    Great visuals but I really can't understand all the hype for the avengers i found it entertaining no more no less it's so overrated and predictable
  94. Jun 24, 2013
    Best Marvel film I've seen- and I've seen many (not that that means much to you reading this). It was overall a very good movie, funny, and yes, 'action-packed' but overall have a solid story line and well above average acting.
    It was such a comic book lover's Christmas Morning- filled to the brim with innuendo of past and future movies and comics.
    Well-enjoyed and overall... good.
  95. Jun 28, 2013
    one of the greatest movie.I love it so much,I watched it 5 times in 5 days. Iron man is the best. ;3 Everyone should watch this movie.lol 10/10
  96. Nov 17, 2013
    This Is My Favourite Movie, The Action Is Fun, The Humor is Funny, Just A Really Extremely Awesome Movie Check it Out Seriously Do So Right Now.... NOW!
  97. Dec 30, 2013
    The action is extremely well done, and fortunately there are a couple of interesting characters on screen (Tony Stark [Ironman], Steve Rogers [Cpt. America]) to provide a bit more. Otherwise, we're talking about a completely cartoony plot, with one dimensional (at best) characters (how hard was it to make *Loki* interesting?!), and junior-high grade dialog.
  98. Jul 30, 2014
    The Avengers is an fantastic movie with great amount action and a wonderful story, and I'm especially amazed by the music and the special effects!

Another thing that's great about The Avengers is the opening scene, which truly is exiting and thrilling. I found this movie highly entertaining, because it's so damn good and unique, and it's packed with great actors and the movie overall is cool and touching. The negative thing about The Avengers is that the tempo is a little to slow at some places, but also that there are some scenes that's not so original, because some scenes looks like they might have taken from other movies (like Transformers). But except for that is The Avengers truly fascinating!

An amazing film from Marvel, but with to much slow scenes (and boring conversations).

The Avengers gets a 8.7/10

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.