7.9

1. Aug 6, 2014
    Aburridísima. Pensé que no estaría mal juntar a tantos superhéroes pero el resultado fue una película con una primera hora llena de diálogos vacíos y chistes tontos (que alguien le pegue un tiro ya a thor y hulk, pensaba yo) y una segunda hora de acción que solo demuestra que lo único bueno de la peli son sus efectos. ¿En serio os gusta esto?
    Películas para niños pequeños... Marvel las ha
    Películas para niños pequeños... Marvel las ha hecho mejores. Desastrosa.
  2. May 11, 2014
    Although, The Avengers is an entertaining, blockbuster, popcorn flick. It's not really too much more than that. It appears as though it's a film for 10 year olds. The plot is weak and there is nothing that really keeps you fixed to the screen. From an artistic perspective, The Avengers certainly wouldn't rank high in my books.
  3. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watch one of the most overrated piece of entertainment since call of duty, The Avengers. Watch one of the most forgettable superhero/ action movie of 2012. See one of the most basic story plots rip off other popular moments from other films E.g. The Dark Knight, Transformers, Star Wars and Power ranger? Watch the film that has terrible character development for all the characters except Tony Stark. See one of the worst Hulks and the worst actor to play Bruce Banner "Christ i almost mistook it for the BFG, i mean what the hell happened to Ed Norton". Watch how all these super hero movies can do what Christopher Nolan can do in just one film. "My god how the hell did this get so many good ratings". Expand
  4. Feb 3, 2014
    Perfect example of an overrated movie. The saying "Less is more" applies here. There are too many super heroes in this film and none of them are used appropriately. The movie is also much longer than it needs to be. It never seems to end and for most of it, it is boring and forgettable. By the time the real action begins, you're already more than 3/4s into the film. This is a dumb stupidPerfect example of an overrated movie. The saying "Less is more" applies here. There are too many super heroes in this film and none of them are used appropriately. The movie is also much longer than it needs to be. It never seems to end and for most of it, it is boring and forgettable. By the time the real action begins, you're already more than 3/4s into the film. This is a dumb stupid popcorn movie featuring a dumb stupid team of superheroes. Ironman on his own or Hulk on his own are great but throw them in with goody two shoes Captain America whose character is flat, boring and lifeless or Mr. Bulging Biceps Thor who isn't a super hero at all (He's a mythical God. Next time, the Avengers should recruit Zeus or Jesus Christ) and is the beefed up equivalent of Brandan Frasier's boy in a bunker and its just gets sloshed around into a muddled mess. Expand
  5. Feb 1, 2014
    Mala muy sobre valorada, Joss Whedon puede ser bue guionista pero como director deja mucho que desear, la película es decepcionante y todos parecen niños desesperados por esta película. Una historia muy simple.
  6. Dec 15, 2013
    Una cagada, aburrida por momentos, las peleas son flojas, sin EPICA sin EMOCIÓN una mierda en general. Fue muy sobre valorada. La gente es ciega, salí del cine re decepcionado.
  7. Dec 10, 2013
    Decepcionante, es una adaptación bastante fría, sin emoción no eh visto nada EPICO en esta película, su tono infantil la caga un poco. La expectativa fue mucha y termino siendo una decepción total.
  8. Dec 8, 2013
    A get together of superheroes should have been set more entertainingly. When you don't have a story good enough, even a lot of superheroes fail to keep you hooked. The Aviator might have sounded exciting on paper, but what I watched was a let-down. I take consolation in knowing that it worked out for the majority of its audience (purely going by the ratings shown here). Can't wait for theA get together of superheroes should have been set more entertainingly. When you don't have a story good enough, even a lot of superheroes fail to keep you hooked. The Aviator might have sounded exciting on paper, but what I watched was a let-down. I take consolation in knowing that it worked out for the majority of its audience (purely going by the ratings shown here). Can't wait for the sequel!!! With all due respect, 1/5 sounds fair enough for the experience. Miss the good old days wherein I can picture myself enjoying this sort of movie. Expand
  9. Dec 7, 2013
    I had never thought that I would see this kind of movie-franchise team up, and I have to congratulate Marvel for doing something that is now being copied by Sony and Fox (with their Spiderman and X-Men franchises). I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? What? Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. The car chaseI had never thought that I would see this kind of movie-franchise team up, and I have to congratulate Marvel for doing something that is now being copied by Sony and Fox (with their Spiderman and X-Men franchises). I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? What? Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. The car chase in the beginning is boring. I personally think it's overrated. I liked Loki, but he and his army seem pretty weak. I just didn't enjoy this movie. HowevervI like the action.

Overall, I expected much better from Marvel.

(P.S, you may have seen this review by me under "andrewgarcia 732". I can't get into my old account and have started new one.

As always, If you liked or didn't like this review, you can read my other ones and mark this review as helpful.)
  10. Nov 29, 2013
    The truth is that neither film excited me at any time, lacks epic, awesome and it was very overrated. The truth donot like people I went crazy for this movie.
  11. Nov 27, 2013
    He did not like much. I expected much better. The film was highly overrated, no epic, no emotion, nothing was a cinch. People are very rare, then criticize the serious films like Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises, the truth is that this is awesome.
  12. Nov 18, 2013
    I expected MUCH more from this movie, I could see a story in this film that really convinced me. I saw more special effects. El personaje de Iron Man, solo arrogancia, no se como les gusta a muchos, una mierda de pelicula
  13. Oct 19, 2013
    I hate how marvel shows their heroes today, very violent and taking so many lives. they are too brutal and it's hard to view them as heroes especially when a huge part of marvel's fan base are children. They are viewed as gods and its ridiculous that they just take a life at will. Another thing that I hate is marvel is just being a copycat with this movie. With Loki purposely gettingI hate how marvel shows their heroes today, very violent and taking so many lives. they are too brutal and it's hard to view them as heroes especially when a huge part of marvel's fan base are children. They are viewed as gods and its ridiculous that they just take a life at will. Another thing that I hate is marvel is just being a copycat with this movie. With Loki purposely getting captured like the joker in the dark knight then destroying the air base from within just like how joker destroyed the police station. Another thing is the whole destroy the mothership and kill the whole army this is copied from Battle L.A. And Star Wars the phantom menace. Marvel is just a mediocre copycat company. They should be more original with the wonderful characters that they have. Expand
  14. Oct 6, 2013
    I had been waiting to watch this movie, as it looked cool enough. I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? Awesome! Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. I mean what good superhero movie starts with a pretty boring car chase and bland dialogue/scripts? I personally think it's pretty overrated. Cliched,I had been waiting to watch this movie, as it looked cool enough. I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? Awesome! Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. I mean what good superhero movie starts with a pretty boring car chase and bland dialogue/scripts? I personally think it's pretty overrated. Cliched, predictable and shallow. I liked Loki though and liked the superheros fighting aliens.

However, there's also a lot of mistakes with the plot. For example, while Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America are fighting, they leave Loki, their supervillain prisoner unattended. Also, SHIELD's entire Heli-Carrier is almost destroyed by one freaking arrow. All of The Avengers talk and pretend to have ear pieces even though they don't have any. Also, the Chitauri are nothing like they are in the comics. (And there's that annoying bickering between characters...) Overall, I expected much better from Marvel.

If you like this review, read my other ones and mark this as helpful.
  15. Jul 19, 2013
    todos los superheroes serie una peliculas de 10.00. horas sin embargo solo accion no rellena el vacio de lo monotono no es merecida de grandes cosas como son cada uno de sus heroes
  16. May 27, 2013
    I don't like all characters, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and antagonist. Their weaon, costume, armor is very unattractive. I don't like superhero movies. They are invincible, they always win easily. That is why I love protagonist from horror movies or mafia movie, the protagonist dies or survive. Protagonist who try to survive with kitchen knife, axe,I don't like all characters, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and antagonist. Their weaon, costume, armor is very unattractive. I don't like superhero movies. They are invincible, they always win easily. That is why I love protagonist from horror movies or mafia movie, the protagonist dies or survive. Protagonist who try to survive with kitchen knife, axe, or pistol with 3 bullets, like Erin from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Expand
  17. May 19, 2013
    This movie is terrible the story is dog and I don't see why people buzz about it I turned it off after 40 mins and Loki come on why not red skull...
  18. May 13, 2013
    I don't know if I'm missing something here. I felt like the Avengers had it's moments, but they were moments. The movie was predominantly stupid, which is frustrating. I watched the avengers act like children. I watched both the avengers, and the bad guys make dumb decisions. Hawkeye, you blew up one engine with an arrow. Why not blow up two, or three, or four? Oh, okay. You're going toI don't know if I'm missing something here. I felt like the Avengers had it's moments, but they were moments. The movie was predominantly stupid, which is frustrating. I watched the avengers act like children. I watched both the avengers, and the bad guys make dumb decisions. Hawkeye, you blew up one engine with an arrow. Why not blow up two, or three, or four? Oh, okay. You're going to hack the system to shut down the other one. Right. And I feel like this would be acceptable, if the film owned up to it. If there was some reason that being dumb was okay. But it didn't major plot twists were created, and solved on mistakes, jealousies, and blunders. That's a lot less fun than cleverness. Expand
  19. Apr 17, 2013
    Why. Why is there support for a bland film such as this? I'm telling you, it's just not that good. The characters are virtually the same. None of them have any real interesting characteristics or attributes that grabbed my attention other than Samuel L. Jackson simply because he is Samuel L. Jackson. Robert Downey Jr. and the other Avengers all act at the same level of socialWhy. Why is there support for a bland film such as this? I'm telling you, it's just not that good. The characters are virtually the same. None of them have any real interesting characteristics or attributes that grabbed my attention other than Samuel L. Jackson simply because he is Samuel L. Jackson. Robert Downey Jr. and the other Avengers all act at the same level of social communication, but they jut have arguments in between to fool the audience that there is tension in the film. The villain is a laughable archetype in the movie, included with the most original lines such as "I will rule this world" and "The end of this world is nigh". 80% of the movie takes place on the airship with nothing to do but squabble and run into accidents. It's extremely boring, and the special effects and "classic comic lines" are not worth my time nor should they be worth anybody's. The Avengers does not deserve the praise it gets. Expand
  20. Mar 8, 2013
    A horrible movie, definitely did not deserve the money it made. I can't think of a lot of things that I actually liked about the movie, because there really aren't a lot. I was actually surprised at the story of the movie, it sounds like a mentally challenged child wrote it. The first ten minutes of the movie alone ruined it, it's just a horrible story that only idiots would like. TheA horrible movie, definitely did not deserve the money it made. I can't think of a lot of things that I actually liked about the movie, because there really aren't a lot. I was actually surprised at the story of the movie, it sounds like a mentally challenged child wrote it. The first ten minutes of the movie alone ruined it, it's just a horrible story that only idiots would like. The entire movie is pretty much just special effects and not much else. Unless you're one of those morons whose easily amused by the pretty lights on the screen, don't ever watch this movie. Expand
  21. Feb 9, 2013
    I still cannot believe I wasted my money on this, what a complete and utter waste of time! I am shocked by the fact people thought this movie was great. I mean the acting was poor, the screenplay was laughable and the directing was far from perfect. It's so sad that people don't know good movies anymore these days.
  22. Jan 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Avengers is a pitiful excuse of a movie. The film is so heavy on action sequences that plot, character development, and any good storytelling are just nonexistent. There is so much useless humor that the movie just drags on. The last battle seemed like it was half the entire movie and battle ended unnaturally quickly and with little effort but the avengers. Hawkeye and Black Widow, who are just human beings, seem to be able to take out huge aliens with guns with ease. The hulk, who said he could control his transformation by always being angry completely baffles me. If he is always angry and can control himself, then why did he transform when he was on the floating base. A highly overrated and completely terrible film. Expand
  23. Jan 17, 2013
    I obviously don't hold the popular opinion here, but to me this movie just didn't measure up. I've seen both Iron Man movies, Captain America, and many of the past Marvel movies including characters featured in this film, and I thought most if not all of them were better than this one. Maybe it's just that I've outgrown the more playful and mindlessly violent tone of these types of movies,I obviously don't hold the popular opinion here, but to me this movie just didn't measure up. I've seen both Iron Man movies, Captain America, and many of the past Marvel movies including characters featured in this film, and I thought most if not all of them were better than this one. Maybe it's just that I've outgrown the more playful and mindlessly violent tone of these types of movies, but to me the movie just felt childish and simplistic. I realize that in a way, it's a great triumph seeing this crazy symphony of classic Marvel characters clashing with enemies and sometimes themselves, which in a way makes it the perfect superhero movie, but it just doesn't seem to create the same type of captivation one would expect from such an ordeal. It just feels goofy and undeveloped in a sense, unfortunately. Expand
  24. Jan 6, 2013
    Brainless action with no real story or character's development. The movie has tons of special effects and cgs but in the end it feels more like a colorful candy that is rotten inside. Almost complete garbage.
  25. Jan 5, 2013
    The Avengers is shockingly phony, corny and cheesy. The movie is extremely clumsy with too many characters with all their personal backgrounds. The story and movie completely fall apart wth the lack of chemistry between any of the superheros. An action spectacle wth very little to show for.
  26. Jan 3, 2013
    This is one of the most overrated movies I've seen this year. A weak and predictable plot masked by tons of action and great special effects. Limited character development also made it difficult to be invested in any of the characters. A waste of a good cast.
  27. Dec 31, 2012
    This is a very silly movie that is Swiss-cheese full of holes. If your thing is Marvel comic books, and you really want to see eponymous figures from the various comics come together then... this is for you I guess (unless having heroes pointlessly bickering to create faux dramatic tension gets on your nerves).

Its got some spectacle I suppose. Silly spectacle that ultimately makes no

Its got some spectacle I suppose. Silly spectacle that ultimately makes no sense (flying, invisible aircraft carrier that is vulnerable when flying, typically doesn't bother engaging invisibility, has nuclear missiles but can only launch them... from other aircraft... Hell the entire carrier almost gets taken out by an... exploding arrow... Christ). Get drunk if you are going to try and watch this film - it really, really helps.
  28. Dec 4, 2012
    My most honest opinion as a Marvel fan: this movie is an absolute piece of garbage and overrated as hell. It's just as dumb and moronic as Bay's Transformers by only focusing on big budget special effects and random silly jokes. I give it a 2/10 because Mark Ruffalo was the only good thing about this film otherwise it would have been a 0/10.

It's good for little kids but those 3D

It's good for little kids but those 3D animated movies have much more depth than The Avengers. This movie could lower theirs and your IQ.
  29. Nov 9, 2012
    I finally saw Avengers the other night. I was expecting so much more from Joss Whedon. Where were the deep conflicted characters and the witty dialogue that I'm used to from Firefly and Buffy? This movie was too much like Transformers. It was way too heavy on action and special effects, with little to no character development. Also, I just can't get past how cheesy the costumes were,I finally saw Avengers the other night. I was expecting so much more from Joss Whedon. Where were the deep conflicted characters and the witty dialogue that I'm used to from Firefly and Buffy? This movie was too much like Transformers. It was way too heavy on action and special effects, with little to no character development. Also, I just can't get past how cheesy the costumes were, especially the villain's. I mean what was with those ridiculous horns?? I fell asleep about 6 times during the movie and kept waking myself up because I was waiting for it to get good. It just never happened. With all the amazing writers out there struggling for work why are we having to put up with this crap on the silver screen? Expand
  30. Oct 5, 2012
    Joss Whedon's widely influenced summer spectacular offers 130 minutes of popcorn-friendly fun, yet fails to deliver anything more than run-of-the-mill escapist entertainment. Tom Hiddleston is superb as Shakespearian villain Loki and Mark Ruffallo gives The Hulk some heart, yet the film's character development is minimal, its plot slow and formulaic, and its screenplay drizzled in gooeyJoss Whedon's widely influenced summer spectacular offers 130 minutes of popcorn-friendly fun, yet fails to deliver anything more than run-of-the-mill escapist entertainment. Tom Hiddleston is superb as Shakespearian villain Loki and Mark Ruffallo gives The Hulk some heart, yet the film's character development is minimal, its plot slow and formulaic, and its screenplay drizzled in gooey one-liners and excessive fanboy cream. Things pick up a little during the final act, but even a swooping, snarling Manhattan sky-battle isn't enough to save The Avengers from feeling bloated and underwhelming. Expand
  31. Sep 12, 2012
    I usually give points for trying. I am not sure who tried to make this movie good, except critics and varied audiences. Extremely jerky plotline, at times it seems like I am watching a commercial for seven upcoming movies. In no way do any of the cast, save for Downey, represent what I would call acting. Johanssen is awkward to look at, seemingly too chubby to look viable as any sort ofI usually give points for trying. I am not sure who tried to make this movie good, except critics and varied audiences. Extremely jerky plotline, at times it seems like I am watching a commercial for seven upcoming movies. In no way do any of the cast, save for Downey, represent what I would call acting. Johanssen is awkward to look at, seemingly too chubby to look viable as any sort of action actress, and again tends to float in and out of her lines. Hemsworth/Thor gives a good turn, yet he just isn't given much to work with. It is like watching a bad soap opera for teenage boys. Too silly and too cheesy to sit longer than a half hour through. I wanted to like this, set aside time and can pretty much say it falls flat. Expand
  32. Sep 11, 2012
    Ok, the start was really slow and boring for me, some part were good, the acting was good, but it's just the actors seemed to made me board in this film but i did like them when they were in there own movies, most of the movie is on a ship, they is not much set changes in this film, the actor who plays the hulk was replaced by a bad actor. just this movie was very bad, i watched it like 10Ok, the start was really slow and boring for me, some part were good, the acting was good, but it's just the actors seemed to made me board in this film but i did like them when they were in there own movies, most of the movie is on a ship, they is not much set changes in this film, the actor who plays the hulk was replaced by a bad actor. just this movie was very bad, i watched it like 10 times and as much as I've tried to like it i just don't like it Expand
  33. Jul 27, 2012
    The best superhero movie ever? Not even close. Do NOT believe the hype with this film, it is simply a lot of hot air. Poor acting - check - there are a few brief moments mainly by Eric Banner
    Poorly paced - check - unbelievably clunky beginning then into CGI battle after CGI battle - yawn.
    Poor dialogue - check - this is my biggest annoyance. Whedon is meant to be great at dialogue. Where did it go so wrong here? Well this little line sums it up - whats the plan of attack? i have a plan. attack. Yeah its that cheesy. Some people are trying to defend the title of it being a mindless popcorn flick by trying to see things that are not there. This happens in any film where it really is as shallow as it looks. There are some nice glances between characters but it is all so contrived and unrealistic its hard to feel anything for it. When the characters are over being spoilt brats there is the coming together period which is meant to be one of the key character moments in an otherwise disappointing display. It's fair to say it falls short, again feeling contrived and unconvincing. DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE - this film is poor, at absolute best its around 4/10. I am giving it a 1/10 for a number of reasons. 1 - the number of 10/10 is ridiculous not many films deserve 10/10 and this film certainly does not. 2 - the hype lead me to believe this film would be incredible, its not, this caused great disappointment for me. As other top critics have said this film is shallow and a fun popcorn flick. If you like comic books then its almost certainly for you. If however you like intelligent film making with well developed characters which is well paced - go watch something else.
  34. Jul 25, 2012
    Avengers is for dumb people, or those that want to be entertained by a bunch of nonsense. We should ask more from Hollywood then the same retreads just on a larger scale.
  35. Jul 21, 2012
    The story was horrid in this movie, it felt very lazy. There was never any inclination that the good guys could lose, or even injured; it made for a very flat, anticlimactic story. That's my biggest gripe, but not my only one. Even knowing the backstory of all the characters from previous movies, I just really didn't care about any of them in this one. The characters were written poorlyThe story was horrid in this movie, it felt very lazy. There was never any inclination that the good guys could lose, or even injured; it made for a very flat, anticlimactic story. That's my biggest gripe, but not my only one. Even knowing the backstory of all the characters from previous movies, I just really didn't care about any of them in this one. The characters were written poorly and it was just compounded by the bad acting. Every scene that had Scarlett Johanson in it was painful to watch. The only character I was even remotely interested in was Bruce Banner / Hulk. This would be a great movie to take an 8 year old to. They would have no problem glazing over the shallow characters and lethargic plot. Expand
  36. Jul 21, 2012
    Explosions and gags... Wrestlemania is better in this fields... Avengers is the worst movie of superheros of the history, because dont have story. Only Downey Jr. brings some emocion, all the rest are littles and poors.
  37. Jul 20, 2012
    MI hermano lo vio y diji - que les pasa yo no quiero ver a hulk en bikini, yoprefiero ver el club de la pelea o algo asi- me imaginaba que no le gustaria por que brilla de infantil esta pelicula.
  38. Jul 19, 2012
    Probably one of the worst movies i have ever seen. Only Tony Stark and Bruce Banner seemed developed. The storyline was dull and boring. The finale took forever. The "come together" moment was completely terrible. Hawkeye barely got any screen time. Unoriginal storyline creates a power rangers for adults. Mindless action that had no meaning makes this one of the worst Marvel movies of allProbably one of the worst movies i have ever seen. Only Tony Stark and Bruce Banner seemed developed. The storyline was dull and boring. The finale took forever. The "come together" moment was completely terrible. Hawkeye barely got any screen time. Unoriginal storyline creates a power rangers for adults. Mindless action that had no meaning makes this one of the worst Marvel movies of all time. The only good parts about this were the special effects (which had no meaning because of the terrible script, unoriginal storyline, and mediocre acting) and the only developed character, the Hulk. If you want a real movie, skip "Marvel's The Avengers". Expand
  39. Jul 12, 2012
    This movie was very tasteless. There was not much of a story and when it started getting good it went right back down. I think it is just too many superheros for one movie. Many questions that came up for the things that just made nosense.
  40. Jun 18, 2012
    The avengers is a shockingly plebian pleb fest designed exclusively for plebs.

It consists of two hours of the plebiest plebiancy you will ever witness with your plebian eyes.

I seriously hope you don't watch this movie, pleb.
  41. Jun 18, 2012
    Stunning movie! Thumbs up to Mr Whedon and Mr Marvel who know how to put together a blockbuster, and for all you marvel followers who have seen this movie brace your self, the best is yet to come.
  42. Jun 10, 2012
    It is not good, but it isn't bad either. I don't like how according to the film no one died during the attack on New York. This film is nearly ruined because of that. I really do like Captain America though. I don't think that Chris Hemsworth is any good at playing Thor. I don't get the praise for the film, but maybe that's because I don't care about the comics and don't give a damn ifIt is not good, but it isn't bad either. I don't like how according to the film no one died during the attack on New York. This film is nearly ruined because of that. I really do like Captain America though. I don't think that Chris Hemsworth is any good at playing Thor. I don't get the praise for the film, but maybe that's because I don't care about the comics and don't give a damn if every moment is filled with some fan boy's dream. Look, all I want is a good film. Expand
  43. Jun 9, 2012
    Horrible film.

Absolutely no content whatsoever. There is not a shred of seriousness of genuine emotion or action in this movie. Any attempt to create any sense of connection is broken up by stupid one liners, which continuously add to the shallow and unrealistic characters who couldn't really be farther from acting like superheroes. The plot is likewise very badly done. It felt like
    Horrible film.

The plot is likewise very badly done. It felt like they tried to make the movie go forward just so they can show the meaningless 10-15 action scene where the "heroes" get together and kick ass.
  44. Jun 3, 2012
    This was the worst movie I have seen this year. I generally do not like comic book super hero films but this one really was dreadful. The plot was stupid, the acting was stupid, the aliens were stupid, the street scenes were stupid, and I was stupid for going. Captain America, give me a break! Why did Ruffalo and Renner appear in this piece of garbage? This is what audience crave? Thor andThis was the worst movie I have seen this year. I generally do not like comic book super hero films but this one really was dreadful. The plot was stupid, the acting was stupid, the aliens were stupid, the street scenes were stupid, and I was stupid for going. Captain America, give me a break! Why did Ruffalo and Renner appear in this piece of garbage? This is what audience crave? Thor and his hammer! God, I was sick to my stomach. Expand
  45. Jun 3, 2012
    The 3-D Is Amazing And Epic!
    We Want Somthing New Not Another Freaking Superhero Movie...
    THINK
  46. May 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. NOTE: This review contains a few -brief- and -nonspecific- spoilers to The Avengers and other recent Marvel films. It shouldnâ Expand
  47. May 27, 2012
    I'm a Long time Whedon fan who was BORED BEYOND BELIEF. Can't believe the most commercially successful thing he's ever done is far-and-away his worst - oh, the irony. "Avengers" focused on everything that sucks about super-hero movies - absurd plot based on dumbest-ever world-threatening McGuffin, stupid villain, convenient-not-clever heroics. I don't hate the genre - I liked "Iron Man"I'm a Long time Whedon fan who was BORED BEYOND BELIEF. Can't believe the most commercially successful thing he's ever done is far-and-away his worst - oh, the irony. "Avengers" focused on everything that sucks about super-hero movies - absurd plot based on dumbest-ever world-threatening McGuffin, stupid villain, convenient-not-clever heroics. I don't hate the genre - I liked "Iron Man" and even "Capt America." But from the opening action sequence on, I just didn't care one iota about anything that was happening. Contemplated walking out after about 45 minutes and wish I had as it's an ENDLESS MOVIE and I'll never get those 2.5 hours back. I give Joss points for giving little girls someone to root for by making Black Widow a substantial member of the team and not the mere token chick. That there are about 3 good jokes, but none are worth the time and money. If you love Joss, watch Serenity again it's 10 thousand times better. Expand
  48. May 26, 2012
    Please answer this question: "What was the plot of this film?" If you can't sum it up in three sentences, please review the legitimacy of this film. When I watched it, I thought with dull sensations, 'Man, this is entertaining, this is cool. Hey, look, the Hulk is about to turn....into the Hulk!" But that was it. I'm no 'hipster' as the 'cinema-jew' says would only trash on the film.Please answer this question: "What was the plot of this film?" If you can't sum it up in three sentences, please review the legitimacy of this film. When I watched it, I thought with dull sensations, 'Man, this is entertaining, this is cool. Hey, look, the Hulk is about to turn....into the Hulk!" But that was it. I'm no 'hipster' as the 'cinema-jew' says would only trash on the film. I'm a rational human being. Seriously, what is the film's plot!!!! Alien-warriors from a parallel universe team up with a demi-god who's supposed to be swirling in a blackhole, bent on conquering earth FOR NO APPARENT REASON?!?!?!?! What? This plot seems created by a toddler. It makes no sense. There are so many plot-holes (Ex: Why did Iron Man attack Thor when he knows about the Avengers in the first place? And why did Thor ever get the ability to beam down back to Earth?!?!?!) that it makes me feel stupid from watching it. The characters work well together and I enjoyed the comedic elements of the film, only because I felt they were making fun of their selves. This is the bane of American stupidity. And it's grossing millions! Expand
  49. May 24, 2012
    I listened to everyone who raved about this movie and I was so disappointed. Boring with a capital B; I could generally anticipate everything that they were going to do, say, or have a big noise to surprize the audience. Even the visual effects was so predictable and the dialogue was straight out of Screenwriting 101. If you must see it, rent it on DVD so you can fast forward through allI listened to everyone who raved about this movie and I was so disappointed. Boring with a capital B; I could generally anticipate everything that they were going to do, say, or have a big noise to surprize the audience. Even the visual effects was so predictable and the dialogue was straight out of Screenwriting 101. If you must see it, rent it on DVD so you can fast forward through all the endless exposition of people talking you to death. Expand
  50. May 23, 2012
    Despite being billed as an action movie, The Avengers is painfully slow. Much of the plot involves the eponymous team fighting each other, though we all know going in that they will eventually team-up, so this lengthy attempt at conflict seems especially sluggish and misdirected. Robert Downey Jr. And Samuel L. Jackson both manage to pull focus and remind you you're watching a bad movieDespite being billed as an action movie, The Avengers is painfully slow. Much of the plot involves the eponymous team fighting each other, though we all know going in that they will eventually team-up, so this lengthy attempt at conflict seems especially sluggish and misdirected. Robert Downey Jr. And Samuel L. Jackson both manage to pull focus and remind you you're watching a bad movie more than they usually do, which is saying something; and the cast is generally much too aware they are in a movie for it to work. Indeed, The Avengers is so remarkably unambitious they even manage to avoid developing some of the team's most notable members like The Scarlet Witch and The Vision, choices that would be mystifying if it wasn't so clearly a cynically half-hearted attempt at storytelling. Nevertheless, Chris Evans is still nice to look at. Collapse
  51. May 20, 2012
    This kind of movie is for the young at heart and mind. Not that there's anything wrong with that-been there done that-it's just such a repetitive genre. Invincible people beat up on invincible people. No-one gets hurt- major damage to buildings though-and then they do it again. Hulk gets the best scenes and Iron Man gets the best lines. In the end after 1/3 of greater New York City isThis kind of movie is for the young at heart and mind. Not that there's anything wrong with that-been there done that-it's just such a repetitive genre. Invincible people beat up on invincible people. No-one gets hurt- major damage to buildings though-and then they do it again. Hulk gets the best scenes and Iron Man gets the best lines. In the end after 1/3 of greater New York City is demolished Mayor Bloomberg (or whoever in the future where Aircraft carriers fly) asks for Stimulus money from.......Odin? Expand
  52. May 15, 2012
    The Avengers is middling at best. It is incredibly cliched, predictable and shallow. Character development is nil, as well as tension or suspense. Cheesy one liners and attempts at humor further sink The Avengers. The only redeeming quality of the movie was Loki, the main villain.
  53. May 14, 2012
    Where's the story? Lots of punches but nothing to make me interested in the characters or the plot - what plot? What does it say about us that this movie has been so popular? I followed MC's recommendation and was sorely disappointed. The bits of humor and Robert Downey were the only bright spots in a really boring movie. Loki's horns looked ridiculous.
  54. May 8, 2012
    This is "Power Rangers" for adults, with fancier special effects. Please, a flying invisible aircraft carrier. My suspension of disbelief broke into a million pieces. It obviously wasn't there when the film asked me to believe that the horrendously destructive battle of six spiffy looking Marvel characters and thousands of space creatures pouring through a space portal in the middle of NewThis is "Power Rangers" for adults, with fancier special effects. Please, a flying invisible aircraft carrier. My suspension of disbelief broke into a million pieces. It obviously wasn't there when the film asked me to believe that the horrendously destructive battle of six spiffy looking Marvel characters and thousands of space creatures pouring through a space portal in the middle of New York City didn't lead to the wholly unnecessary deaths of thousands of people. Please. "It's just comic book stuff" doesn't excuse the fact that it still must be made to look reasonable for the viewer to buy into it. There was no one to root for, no real plot tension, no depth of character -- the constant pointless bickering between Avengers doesn't count. Come on. What kind of shallow people these days think that a film that merely amounts to an agonizing overload of street kickboxing to defeat an effete space god is a "10" on this scale. Have video games made so many people this way? That's the real scary thing the Avengers should be avenging. Expand
  55. May 8, 2012
    I think that the movie was a bit slow at first but then picked up a bit near the end. I did not enjoy the movie as much as everyone told me I would. I thought it was very okay compared to the other superhero movies. Some of the jokes they made were funny, but others were very lame. I just think that they may have relied a little too much on the effects rather than the story. I did not feelI think that the movie was a bit slow at first but then picked up a bit near the end. I did not enjoy the movie as much as everyone told me I would. I thought it was very okay compared to the other superhero movies. Some of the jokes they made were funny, but others were very lame. I just think that they may have relied a little too much on the effects rather than the story. I did not feel attached to any of the characters. Perhaps the only character I felt was the most fun to watch was Bruce Banner who played the Hulk. They are all amazing superheroes individually, but I did not feel the chemistry between them as a team. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.