7.9

1. Jul 29, 2014
    Hmmm somebody forgot to inform the US Army that New York was under air attack!
    For a movie made in 2012, US Air Fighters should have been included c'mon ;)
    But great movie overall and funny!
  2. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט הכי יפה של במארוול יוניברס עד כה, סרט ממש מהנה ומבדר כדאי לראות. במיוחד למי שאוהב סרטי גיבורי על ימות על הסרט הזה. אבל חבל שהוא לא יותר מסרט קיץ כיפי
  3. Jun 17, 2014
    The wait is over, and it was worth it! "Avengers" brings one of the best scripts ever, brings full exciting action scenes, spectacular laughable comedy and one of the best cast ever!
  4. Jun 1, 2014
    The Avengers is directed by Joss Whedon. It is about many Marvel comic superheroes having to join forces to fight against evil. Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow must work together to fight against Thor’s adopted brother, Loki, and his army. Thor affects the story by having sympathy towards Loki. No one could just kill Loki because of his relationship with Thor. Captain America always wanted to have a plan of what to do. He is “old-school” compared to the other heroes, but changes the story by coming up with plans that were best for his team. The Hulk is the “muscle” out of the group. He helped teach the other heroes the art of self-control which affected what the others did in the film. Iron man was the most confident out of the group. His confidence played mind games with Loki, which poked holes into his evil plan. Hawkeye came later in the movie after being possessed by Loki and made part of his army. After being saved, Hawkeye wanted revenge against Loki for possessing him, which made Hawkeye more focused and accurate in battle. It changed the film by adding another member to the Avenger team to help defeat Loki’s army. Black Widow is an elite trained, Russian spy. She affected the movie by adding a female to the team, which made it more interesting and diverse. Thor’s adopted, younger brother, Loki, is the reason the superheroes must join forces. Loki’s character creates the plot for the story to take place.
    One of the themes for this work is that teamwork is harder than it appears. All these characters have their separate lives, towns, and villains to fight. They’ve single handedly defeated their opponents and have been praised for it. They have never had to work together with someone as equally powerful as themselves to defeat evil. Bringing independent personalities together makes this theme effective. Their independence makes it harder for them to work together. The team must learn to acknowledge their individual skills and compromise with each other throughout the film to be successful. This main idea is different and groundbreaking. Bringing together superheroes from separate stories and combining them into one unstoppable team is mind blowing. It changes all their stories to impact where they can know each other, and maybe even appear in each other’s separate movies. It creates a bridge between all of them and their lives.
    Some amusing quotes that stood out to me were:
    Captain America: “Hulk… smash.” Captain America said this when directing everyone on what to do and where to go. Captain American believed in having a plan and also using what skills you have to offer. This is my favorite quote because the Hulk always screams it in his other movies and it made me laugh.
    Loki: “I have an Army!”
    Iron Man: “We have a Hulk.” Iron Man was trying to be witty and play with Loki’s mind. This quote showed that Iron Man admired the Hulk’s strength and displayed his confidence in his team and its members.
    The film appealed to me in an emotional way, because it made me root for the good guys to win and defeat evil to save the world once again. The team uses all their powers to save the world threatened by Loki.
    The movie is rated a 9 because it was action-packed with the characters displaying many different personalities. The good guys win in the end, but the plot was slow in some parts of the story.
  5. May 20, 2014
    I've seen this movie four time by now, so I think it is time for some kind of review. (One of said viewings was in 3D, my first ever, and I must say I much more prefer the old-fashioned 2D version since 3D made the action scenes - especially the Hulk - appear very blurry and threatened to give me a bit of a headache.

As a fan of the previous Marvel movies, the last of which I checked
    out in order to enjoy the Avengers experience to the fullest (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America), I appreciated the finer points of story telling and jokes that took a lot from the other parts in the series. There were plenty of references, I think, and I cannot imagine how well some of the jokes land or character chemistries work without prior knowledge of what they're based on.

I haven't read the comics (although I fully intend to get my hands on them somehow), so I cannot say how "accurate" this was (or any of the previous films), but all I can say is that the cast chosen to play this unruly team of Earth's Mightiest Heroes is fantastic. I'm a Tony Stark fangirl, no denying it, but damn! the others really don't make me yawn with boredom and wait for Robert Downey Jr.'s next appearance on screen: they stand very well on their own. Period.

And Mark Ruffalo IS the Hulk. Period on that too. Watching him twist his hands and smile and try to back away into the shadows is adorable and in a way breath-taking in its own way, because we all know what's lurking inside him, and it's almost a shame when he turns into a green rage monster. Almost...

Perhaps the best feature to the movie is indeed the strife between the heroes, who are not compatible in the slightest, but as heroes tend to, they work together pretty well to avert a crisis when they face one together. Still, the classic fights between team-mates almost beat seeing them destroy a few (hundred) enemies.

The camera work, set design, lighting and colors are all perfect. They create a world, a very real one, and give it its own signature. The music, too, when you notice it, melts perfectly to the background, other than in those moments when it rises higher, giving the scene more depth, more kick.

Tom Hiddleston as Loki is, for a lack of a better word, a bit disturbed, but executes his part as a villain pretty well. He's determined, and he is one step ahead of the team the whole time, although the petulant child is peeking out from between his teeth every now and then, waiting to be allowed to throw a temper tantrum. And it works.

The story progresses nicely, weaving the heroes together (the only small minus is Thor's rather sudden appearance, and although we can see where it's coming from, and dragging it out may have not worked very well, it still seems like a shortcut).

There's plenty of humor, for which I love Joss Whedon; this reminds me a lot of his movie "Serenity", with its pace and light-heartedness, but total seriousness as well. It's a fine balance, and it absolutely works.

All in all... this is fast rising to be one of those movies I wouldn't mind seeing several times a year, or perhaps a month, just to keep the smiles and laughs coming.
  6. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before seeing this film, I'm going to be honest I wasn't a big fan of this Marvel Cinematic Universe, not to say I didn't like it I just didn't care for it. You see when I first saw Iron Man, it liked it well (of course I like it a lot more now) but later on I didn't care for Iron Man 2 (and honestly I'm still not a fan of that sequel). Later on I never saw The Incredible Hulk, I liked Thor and I thought the first Captain America was alright but I still just wasn't digging the series that much, so I didn't go into The Avengers film expecting to love it, but I had a blast. It was amazing, seeing all these Marvel heroes together. It was cool seeing them interact and it was even kind of funny at times like when Iron Man fought with Thor and other things. I also like Loki, he was a really awesome antagonist, he had that cool blend of looking strong yet weak at the same time which was especially awesome when Hulk beats the crap out of him! The action was also cool, the special effects were cool, kind of Transformers-ish, but cool! I loved The Avengers! It got me more into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I even enjoy the older films a little better, I also enjoy there later films and I am really looking forward to 2015 when The Avengers 2 comes out! The Avengers is a blast, it's probably my favorite Super Hero movie ever. Expand
  7. Mar 24, 2014
    I think the optimal film does not know why not won any Oscars worthy because it had History, cast, special effect of exellent quality, although not so the best thing to have your movie special effect I thought it was good because you make a film heroine and not will place special effect, I think they put emseu comedy film, and mixed with action.
  8. Feb 14, 2014
    The Godfather Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thus Far.
    The Characters Are Flawlessly Acted, The Script Is Brilliant, & It Can Make Anyone Feel Marvelous.
  9. Feb 13, 2014
    The Avengers is possibly the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It kept me on the edge of my seat nearly the entire movie! The Avengers tied up every prequel that came before it which I really liked. I bought the movie for Blu-Ray and watch it nearly every time I get the chance to. The Avengers keeps me wrapped up in the mysteries and funny moments.
  10. Jan 15, 2014
    Whoa, this movie is unquestionably a "Must Watch" for all Marvelites around the globe. This film features a unique combination of Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk and one of the most loved and awesome villains, Loki! Joss Whedon should be the face of Marvel! I'd love it if the Avengers 2 included Spider-Man!
  11. Jan 11, 2014
    Cool, funny, beautiful and interesting. Director Joss Whedon managed to completely different characters to combine them into one command so that each would not take over the movie.

The Avengers 2012 blockbuster best and best movie Marvel comics. Stark Tony / Iron Man excellent jokes. Loki turned out very cool villain. The other characters are also good. In the film, excellent special
    effects, cool action, a great cast and funny jokes. Expand
  12. Jan 6, 2014
    Well let's everybody enjoy ourselves with a quality superhero flick that is... In its first multiple superhero team-up, executed nearly flawlessly. Consider the many opportunities that this movie had a chance to create gaping plot holes, only to be masterfully minimized by Whedon and his team.
  13. Dec 30, 2013
    If Marvel had made several unconnected movies of various superheroes, it would have been sufficient. By making them all part of one massive universe- and capping it off with this studio masterpiece- they created a legend. I loved The Avengers because it didn't try to be anything more than what it was: a pulse-pounding thrill ride complete with epic action sequences, solid acting, vibrant special effects, and a whole lot of gut-busting humor. A prime example of entertainment at its highest level. Expand
  14. Dec 13, 2013
    I can't find a single reason to give this movie a 9.This is perfect film certainly the best movie of the year for me.The characters are great and the last battle true epicness that you can't get enough.Our culture is much richer and glorius with this movie at our hands.
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    I was wondering how they could've ben able to have done it, especially since I was hyped for it for years. As it seems, I was let down by a couple of things, but the action and the story were what kept me siting there. Overall, it was worth the wait.
  16. Nov 17, 2013
    This Is My Favourite Movie, The Action Is Fun, The Humor is Funny, Just A Really Extremely Awesome Movie Check it Out Seriously Do So Right Now.... NOW!
  17. Nov 13, 2013
    Probably one of the finest Marvel movies released (behind the first Iron Man of course). Joss Whedon's ability to bring several characters into one picture truly translates well.
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    The Nuclear Bomb Of Awesomeness & Excitement
    **The Avengers**

* If this movie fails to bring you the Awesomeness & Wonderful Excitement Then you wont get those things in any movies which you see in future The Avengers the movie which stood as pinnacle for delivering such Awesomeness & Excitement which you would never have expected Basically the movie consist of major MARVEL
    characters such as Iron Man,Hulk & Thor with each characters having movie of their own in different perspective.In this movie they are all brought back together without changing any of their contents from their origin movies.These movies which has been a building blocks for the development of the avengers Packing these huge movies putting their contents into one package would surely create a mess to handle such complicated task of displaying multiple attributes of different films and their characters is not an easy task to be handled with But Director And Screen play writer Joss Whedon has done an amazing & fantastic job of handling those issues and developing these characters to a new level not only that but developed their attributes to a new level as well its shows how talented and skillful joss whedon really is The screen play is fantastic in this movie every characters interaction with one another is spectacular its show how well the script has been written.In this movie most important thing is that every major characters have enough screen time to play and its brilliant considering the characters importance in this film All actors in this movie has given their amazing performance each and every actors in this movie needs to be applauded for their performance they were all simple,humors & displayed their acting with such elegance which you cannot find any fault!. In category of action its ""SPECTACULAR""every fighting scene in this movie is worth watching many times its very awesome seeing your heroes fighting in big screen .Action sequence in this film is simply "AMAZING". My thanks to special effects department they did an amazing job of bringing EARTH MIGHTIEST HEROES in big screen. Overall this movie will make you filled with Excitement and Awesomeness to the end .Simply to put in one word its "EPIC".." A Must Watch Movie "!.

THE AVENGERS **********

(10/10) Stars
  19. Nov 4, 2013
    I have been waiting a long time to see this movie. And I'm going to start off by saying that "The Avengers" is incredible. The action scenes are spectacularly exciting, with excellent use of visuals and CGI. One of my favorite scenes was when the camera spins around the superheroes because that was epic. This could well be one of the best summer blockbusters ever made.
  20. Sep 20, 2013
    For the most part, the Avengers was solid, and it kept me entertained; which is the sole purpose, right? The star-studded cast was all there, ready to make a great action movie. Some parts even made me laugh, more than I expected. I like Colbie Smulders, who played Agent Maria Hill, since she plays Robin on How I Met Your Mother. But, I think we all have to admit, she didn't only get the part for her amazing acting talents. We all know she 's pretty. Expand
  21. Sep 20, 2013
    "The Avengers" was probably one of the most exhilarating movies I have ever watched. It creative mix of characters and its unstoppable action is as epic as it can be. The only slight downside of it is its relatively simple plot, but it is an action movie, and it's large budget is mostly for enhancing that. I am pretty sure that the sequel scheduled for 2015 is a movie that I will watch.
  22. Aug 23, 2013
    The Avengers at first dissapointed me, but it grew on me. The film gradually builds up from being boring and full of emotionless events and non-exciting action to an extremely exciting climax, the middle of the film was suspence filled build up to the climax near the end. The near-end climax of the story and action did not dissapoint me, as it was one of the most exciting group of scenes in all movies. The acting and character building was great in this film; although the story wasn't the best, it was pretty darn good and certainly kept me watching but the story wasn't the only thing keeping me watching... The action was non-stop and incredibly exciting throughout the last 50 minutes, it made me smile to see all of the characters work together to save the citizens of New York and, well, the world.
    Although The Avengers starts blandly and boringly, it gradually builds up to an incredibly exciting climax; The Avengers may not be the best super hero film I've seen, but it's still very good and definetely deserves to be watched around the world. So I give this film a... 87/100!
  23. Aug 22, 2013
    Man, where to begin...this is one of my favorite movies of the last 12 years. This movie exceeded my expectations. The cast could not have been picked better. RDJ did a phenomenal job as Tony Stark as he always does, Chris Evans redeemed himself from the Fantastic Four with Captain America and came back with a vengeance here. Chris Hemsworth, well done. Jeremy Renner, didn't know him until this movie. Damn. And what can I say about Mark Ruffalo? Best damn Bruce Banner portrayal since Lou Ferigno. WELL done! The plot was fluid, it made sense, it was engaging, gripping and didn't lose my attention at all. The fact that they connected every movie before it together to make this: Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk. Amazing idea and it worked perfectly. This is as close to a perfect Marvel action film as there can be. Expand
  24. Aug 5, 2013
    The Avengers 9/10.....................................................................................................................................
  25. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was absolutely incredible, it had the right amount of explosive action, it was hysterical, everything the perfect superhero movie movie needs and what superhero fans want and then some times six. The Avengers in one word was simply "marvel"ous!
  26. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was a great movie one of the best movies of all time it was a dream to see all those characters on the screen at one time. The fight scenes were epic and the cast was excellent it was a really great movie.
  27. Jul 28, 2013
    Melhor filme de super-heróis/ação de todos os tempos, sem sombra de dúvida e esse filme não tem como enjoar já assisti ele 3 vezes seguidas sem cansar, sempre que não tenho nada pra fazer vejo ele, já vi mais vezes do que consigo contar e ainda vejo.
  28. Jul 12, 2013
    Avengers is a great superhero flick combining the efforts of a number of superhero films and putting the leading starts together. It's slow paced at times, and rather long, but this is definitely made up for when it comes to the Action scenes, in particular towards the end. I'm still not a big Iron Man fan but he's bareable in this, but everyone else is pretty likable and they all do a great job. Overall it's clearly one for the fans but I'm not a major superhero lover and I enjoyed it too! Expand
  29. Jul 4, 2013
    Walking out of the movie theater, all I could say was "Wow." With enough spectacle and a great story line, this is one of Marvel's greatest films to date. "The Avengers" is humorous, inventive, and uses all of the superheroes in the Avengers to creative a witty tale that uses top notch actors to deliver.
  30. Jun 28, 2013
    one of the greatest movie.I love it so much,I watched it 5 times in 5 days. Iron man is the best. ;3 Everyone should watch this movie.lol 10/10

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.