6.6

1. Feb 1, 2014
    I have not been this scared in a movie for a while! A promising new director! A lot of horror/ sci-fi filmsruin it by showing too much of a creature or whatever. I find it far more creepier when you only see flashes, what your imagination creates is often far scarier then some bad special effects! I screamed at least 5 times and covered my eyes alot ha!
  2. Feb 7, 2014
    The Banshee Chapter isn't the best, but it is decent enough, compared to modern horror films it is a masterpiece. I wasn't on full edge, but some aspects of the film are shocking & disturbing. I have never seen similar plot on the big screen, so technically it is original. Don't expect Oscar worthy acting here, but pleasing enough. I liked it, I won't go on full recommendation, but worth a check.
  3. Jul 15, 2014
    If you are looking for jumpscares you will be served. Actually most of these jumpscares are all the same ''Dark room, open flashlight, BANG an ugly face'' I could see every jumpscare coming from a mile away...Otherwise the storyline is nothing new, another sort of remake, the actors were quite well, the music & sound effects was fine. Unfortunately, overall I was pretty bored watching this movie... Expand

1. Reviewed by: Sheila O'Malley
    Jan 10, 2014
    Like "Cat People", The Banshee Chapter is both elegant and terrifying.
  2. Reviewed by: Sheri Linden
    Jan 9, 2014
    The central drama never fully engages, but the jolts that Banshee delivers are check-the-locks scary.
  3. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Jan 9, 2014
    Blair Erickson’s inventive low-budget horror film doesn’t fully live up to its provocative premise, and its extensive use of the found-footage style gives it an all too familiar feel. But it offers some genuine scares along the way, as well as a terrific performance by the ever-reliable Ted Levine.