Gramercy Pictures (I) | Release Date: March 6, 1998
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 518 Ratings
WATCH NOW
RoeylAug 18, 2013
I must have missed something, or maybe this is America's sense of humor, I do not know. What I do know is that I didn't find it funny, amusing at times but never enough to be worthwhile. An unfunny comedy is a bad movie. Maybe I couldn'tI must have missed something, or maybe this is America's sense of humor, I do not know. What I do know is that I didn't find it funny, amusing at times but never enough to be worthwhile. An unfunny comedy is a bad movie. Maybe I couldn't assimilate with the protagonists. I thought it would be good according to the reviews. What a boring experience. If feel like this would only make a child laugh, is it intended for children? Or am I offending some of you? Either way it spoiled my evening. Expand
markymarkApr 26, 2014
I love the Coens' films but this is the one I've enjoyed the least. I found it uninspired, lazy and monotonous. Almost like they lost focus after the success of Fargo. Massively overrated in my opinion.
hugethornSep 9, 2012
Some funny quotable lines smothered by to many too-long dream sequences, inane dialogue choking out clever bits, and overblown, monotonous banter. A rather bland combination. The only highpoint is the artfully crafted scenes andSome funny quotable lines smothered by to many too-long dream sequences, inane dialogue choking out clever bits, and overblown, monotonous banter. A rather bland combination. The only highpoint is the artfully crafted scenes and photography. In a nutshell:
Dumb people think its boring
Clever people think its smart
Intelligent people find it trite
jr1445Apr 12, 2015
This is not the worst movie ever made by established star like Bridges, Moore, and Goodman. But it's close. Horrible. Not funny, not smart, not witty, not entertaining in the least.