8.1

1. Aug 27, 2011
    A truly amazing comedy filled with delightful performances. Lane is particularly memorable, he lets his talent shine and he milks every moment. A can't-be-missed experience!
  2. Sep 4, 2014
    One of Mike Nichols' greats--filled with hilarious performances from all of the best. Every great comedy should be just as this is. Long live Nathan Lane and Robin Williams!
  3. Aug 18, 2014
    I've always loved Robin Williams and in light of his recent tragic passing it thought it would be a great idea so revisit some of his movies. This one, i came across from a family members suggestion. I've never heard of it, so i said what the hell.

Spectacular movie. Everything was laid out perfectly in my eyes. There was a good amount of humor, serious family issues came up that made me think of my own future (being a lesbian with a partner and kids) and how i want it to be, how i want my children to react to the issues that arose, how i DON'T want them to react... etc.

It was truly delightful and a joy to watch, even a little suspense waiting on certain things to come about.

A must watch. Beautifully made. Big Bravo!

What makes Mike Nichols' version more than just a retread is good casting in the key roles, and a wicked screenplay by Elaine May.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Everyone will be tickled pink by this sleek Mike Nichols remake.
    The film is so boisterously entertaining that it's easy for the unsuspecting viewer not to realize that there's a message here.