• Studio: A24
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
6.4

1. Feb 17, 2014
    I was so excited for this film and what a let down it turned out to be. It got boring, it gets 1.5 for the music and 1.5 for the stars but otherwise it was rubbish.
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    Disappointment, thy name is Emma. While it may not be fair to single out one actor from this ensemble class, she is the highest profile of the crew, and thus a box office draw card. This film won't convince anyone of her acting ability, but, to be fair, that's scarcely her fault. The Bling Ring suffers from an execrable script that allows for absolutely no character development. The characters are not particularly likeable, it's unclear why they do what they do, and between them they seem light on intelligence. You burgle celebrity homes and don't expect security cameras. Doh! Expand
  3. Jan 9, 2014
    I think it was a good story for a great script, but only showed a film without a body and a very poor soul really bored, my girlfriend fell asleep.
    In addition to a low level of performance, I think Sofia Coppola really bad set its course with this film, the trailer caught my attention but as are disappointed.
  4. Dec 3, 2013
    It seems that director Sofia Coppola was trying to recreate the magic of Lost in Translation. The attempts are obvious in the quiet, ambient scenes. But she fails to accomplish this. And the result is a mostly boring movie that, with the exception of the last 15 minutes, doesn't really help you to understand these characters.
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    Muy trillada Bostezaba esperando el final con ansias .
    Es necesaria la sobre exposición de Emma Watson por el simple hecho de ser EMMA WATSON?
    Ni siquiera se desarrolla la historia de otros personajes principales.
    La dirección de Sofia Coppola es bastante pobre, nada para acotar. No merece ser vista en el cine
  6. Oct 20, 2013
    I wasn't expecting much with this movie but wow, the Bling Ring is really a stinker. First of all, even though it's only 90 minutes long, which is pretty short, it feels like it drags on and on the entire time. The cinematography was horrendous with the overuse of the slow-motion effects. The acting wasn't bad but none of the roles required much either. The characters were all pretty shallow as well. Yes, they're supposed to be but other than Emma Watson's character, none of them felt authentic. Speaking of Emma, she is the only reason this film is worth watching. She's smoking hot and delivers a solid performance. I think this film does shine a light on the repercussions of celebrity obsession but the movie doesn't take advantage of that message, instead focusing almost entirely on stealing, doing drugs, and partying in slo-mo. Sofia Coppola missed the mark here, that's for sure. Expand
  7. Sep 28, 2013
    This film just bored me with characters I didn't care much about. The film is well made and the acting is good, but the story is just not interesting and overall you don't really care. C
  8. Sep 21, 2013
    The Bling Ring is absolutely terrible. I was so pissed off by all of the main characters, even if that was the intention it was annoying as f**k. There is no resolution in the movie really, and it's going to make you want to research The Hollywood Hills Burglaries. The soundtrack was fitting and there was a good visual flair, but otherwise a completely incompetent waste of time.
  9. Sep 6, 2013
    One of the lamest movies I've ever seen. If you paid money to see this, then they robbed you too. I fell asleep trying to watch this garbage, twice!
  10. Sep 6, 2013
    The movie felt very similar to Spring Breakers with their vile characters and style of filmmaking which is not a positive. The movie has no substance and rushes quickly to introduce the characters by giving no background on who they are and by the end your tired of these disturbed teenagers.
  11. Aug 20, 2013
    One of the worst movies ever made. Almost as bad as The International. Watson was cringeworthy.
  12. Jun 24, 2013
    A monotonous, painful, linear bore of a movie, Coppola almost seems to glamorize the very thing she thinks she's satirizing. Or is this even satire? It's hard to tell, because there is no point of view, no attitude, no angle, just an hour and a half of vapid, unlikeable teens walking into unlocked homes and repeated slo-mo shots of them at clubs until they are easily caught and the movie ends. If she had thought to include a postscript at the end it would have been the most interesting thing in the film. Expand
  13. Jun 15, 2013
    I am honestly a bit confused by the mostly positive reviews I've seen from critics. Although I usually enjoy Sophia Coppola's style, i simply could not get into the film; it just wasn't interesting. A bunch of rich kids decide to rob a bunch of richer celebrities... that's it.

1. Reviewed by: Cath Clarke
    Jul 2, 2013
    This is easily Coppola’s funniest film. Leslie Mann is hilarious as Nicki’s phony spiritual mum.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Jul 1, 2013
    Girls meets Ocean’s Eleven, The Bling Ring might be a film for right now rather than the ages, but Sofia Coppola’s heist movie is visually arresting, well acted, capricious fun.
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Jun 21, 2013
    The studied impassivity of The Bling Ring feels increasingly like a dodge as the movie progresses; we sense an anger and a moralism that the director’s too cool or too wary or too close to engage.