8.1

1. Jul 1, 2014
    Bourne Identity has an engaging story and cool action scenes. However the movie drags in some parts and there could be more action for a spy movie. If I made the Bourne movies, I would've had them rated R. If the Bourne movies were restricted then the level of action would've been higher. The movie holds nothing back on the R ratings. All three movies suffered from the pg-13 rating. The second has plenty of action but this one thrills without dazzling the audience. The movie is well made but it is not a classic. The sequel is the classic movie. Expand
  2. Dec 14, 2013
    Compelling and exciting, The Bourne Identity follows a sturdy plot with great characters and a swiftly paced thrill ride. It also has the perfect amount of suspense and a big scope to cement it as a success.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    A brilliant novel forged into an equally mesmerizing film.
    The Bourne Identity cruises with ease as Matt Damon plays a humble but skilled agent in search of his own name.
  4. Oct 12, 2013
    The Bourne Identity is the beginning of one of the best trilogies in recent memory and perhaps even of all time. This movie is really something special.
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    The ultimate start to one of the best action movie trilogies, the Bourne Identity satisfies your action cravings, and gives you a dose of life on the run in foreign countries, something the majority of movies don't cover.
  6. Aug 17, 2013
    The Bourne Idenity is a solid action flick that had a good plot. The movie started strong but towards the end I didn't know what Damon's character goal was. He wanted answers but he didn't really know what he was looking for in which turned to me not knowing what to look for.
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    Found floating in the Atlantic Ocean Jason Bourne awakes to find he has no memory of who he is.

Unfortunately Bourne has enemies and they certainly know who he is. The hero with Amnesia story is not exactly original but The Bourne Identity tells a more interesting story than most as Bourne fights to find out why everyone seems to want him dead. The movie whips along at a cracking pace
    featuring all manner of exciting fight scenes and car chases meaning the two hours will fly by. Expand
  8. Apr 15, 2013
    Awesome movie for James Bond fans! It is better for younger audiences in terms of suggestive content, but still pretty violent. Good story, characters, and stunts, not really a downside I could find, but it's still not the best movie I've seen. Still a good 9 out of 10!
  9. Apr 2, 2013
    The Bourne Identity is a great action movie that kicked off a decent franchise. This movie is a lot of fun, mainly because it sees Jason Bourne discovering his own powers along with the audience. The film also features some strong performances and an unforgettable car chase. That said, it doesn't quite achieve the same heights as it's masterpiece sequel The Bourne Supremacy... But then again, not many action movies do. Collapse
  10. Jan 23, 2013
    Starts the series of with a huge bang. The Bourne Identity is not only action packed and tense, but also features a very, very smart script. This one's not just for the action junkies.
  11. Jan 1, 2013
    A rather original action film that is helped along the way with the interesting plot and solid acting by the cast. It's one of few modern day action films that is actually good.
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    "The Bourne Identity" is a 2002 film directed by Doug Limon and starring Matt Damon. The film follows the story of Jason Bourne (Damon), an amnesiac desperately attempting to discover more about his true identity while simultaneously embedding himself in a convoluted conspiracy involving the CIA. Now, when I had first heard "The Bourne Identity"'s fairly original and intriguing premise, I was already expecting this movie to be great. Did it disappoint? No. No, it did not. This is one of those movie's that just cannot fail - it has a rock solid story crafted by one of the most intelligent authors of our time, a brilliant screenplay written by one of Hollywood's most sought after screenwriters, and an intensely entertaining lead performance. "The Bourne Identity" and it's sequels are often credited with setting the par for most spy thrillers of the past decade - Does it deserve that credit? I believe so, for I have seen a multitude of films with similar concepts that have come out since "The Bourne Identity"'s release. However, most, if not all, of the movies that have tried to replicate what The "Bourne" movie's have done, cannot reach the level of intrigue that each of the "Bourne" movies have reached - and they promptly fall flat in comparison. That being said, everything about this film, beit it's fighting sequences, it's car chase, or it's intense cinematography has made an impact on the spy thriller genre, and the modern film industry, as a whole. All in all, I felt that "The Bourne Identity" was an intensely entertaining thriller with a large amount of intelligence clearly woven it. Expand
  13. Aug 25, 2012
    This film defines what makes a great action thriller. The pacing is perfect, with no fillers but just under 2 hours of epicness. The balance between action and story, suspense and cinematic scenes is perfect. The story is very easy to follow, it's direct, intriguing and filled with great voice acting from Matt Damon and almost perfect direction. There's not a single moment in this film where you are not immersed. You don't want to take your eyes off it, whereas a lot of action films tend to go for all-out explosions and miss out on the story. You can switch on and comeback to it later and still enjoy, like the Transporter films, but this one is so gripping and almost perfect in every way. All it's really missing is a bit more action and scenes to go in between - basically a tiny bit longer. On the whole it's a must watch. Expand
  14. Aug 21, 2012
    I will give it a 6 out of 10 because I found it too slow paced for an action movie, the first third of the movie was very entertaining but then after that it started to get tiring.
  15. Aug 12, 2012
    [1/4 The Bourne Legacy Marathon]

The Bourne Identity [2002] - 3.5/5
    A solid action film, with some well-made action setpieces and fight choreography.
  16. Aug 6, 2012
    A cool action movie with some boring scenes and it looks even better than The Fugitive. This is the movie that starts the long spy series of Jason Bourne.
  17. Jul 31, 2012
    This movie is a near perfect espionage thriller. It delivers on every side: the story is strong, perhaps shallow at first glance but efficient the way it is told; the actors are truly great, Damon acts exactly the way it should be and Potente is particularly honest in her performance.
  18. Jun 9, 2012
    The Bourne Identity makes for a fantastic thriller, with the pivotal positive element of the film being that Jason Bourne doesn't care for violence: he only uses it when provoked.
  19. Apr 19, 2012
    Though it's not quite the incredible film critics were making it out to be, The Bourne Identity manages to entertain the whole way through, and it's hard to imagine someone being bored during the film. A body of a man is found floating in the ocean. This man has no idea who he is, who he was, or anything about his past. His ability to speak many different languages and provide detailed summaries about surroundings and people by just glancing at them suggests he was part of something big. Turns out, his name is Jason Bourne. And he's an assassin, and a good one. But now, he's on the run with the girl, in order to figure out more about his past, and not die. As I watched the film, I was constantly reminded of another action film I saw recently: The Fugitive. The Fugitive was a 90's film with Harrison Ford, who plays a man named Richard Kimble, falsely charged with the murder of his beloved wife. He escapes prison, and is on the lam. There are many reasons why The Fugitive is better than The Bourne Identity. For one, The Fugitive is more emotionally involving. We care about Dr. Kimble, and we feel his loss. The Bourne Identity offers no reason for us to care about any of the characters, so it's hard to root for either side. Also, The Fugitive is much more frantic. Dr. Kimble's race from the cops never really stops until the very end. Jason Bourne stops every so often, as if to take a breather from the action. We don't feel the thrill with The Bourne Identity, like we did with The Fugitive (and the generic chase scenes don't help). The film lacks smarts as well. The Fugitive was a nice little mystery alongside an action movie, but The Bourne Identity requires little thinking. We learn Jason Bourne's main role within half an hour. But The Bourne Identity isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be. There's lots of action. Maybe even more so than The Fugitive. There's gun fights, and fist fights. There's some exciting (and somewhat unrealistic) escape scenes as well. The film also benefits from a solid cast. Never for a minute will you question a lack of quality in the performances. Matt Damon provides a frustrated man who lost his memory. Franka Potente acts convincingly as an even more confused and worried Marie Kreutz, who wants nothing more then to get out of this mess. The rest of the cast is equally strong. I usually don't comment about the score in action films because they're usually very run-of-the-mill. This one was a little bit better than that, but the over-powering drums keep me from praising it too much. The main flaw with The Bourne Identity, however, was it's lack of a final fight. No cinematic duel to the death. In The Fugitive, we had a manic fight/hide-and-seek/out wit game going, that was heart-pounding. We get no such thing in The Bourne Identity, which surprised me, considering the fact that this was in fact, a movie about action. The Bourne Identity is perfect for teenage boys. It's fun, it's got some good action scenes, and a strong cast. It entertains from start to finish. It does suffer from problems though, such as a lack of thrill, no cinematic duel, and no need to think. But in the end, good outweighs the bad, and I'm ready for the sequel. Expand
  20. Apr 1, 2012
    This is a 9 out of 10 movie. Acting pretty good. Matt Damon is really good at Jason Bourne. Action is pretty great. Which leads to the great story. It's really good. Score is good to. Overall, this is a great start to a great series of Jason Bourne movies. You should watch it.
  21. Jan 16, 2012
    A good action flick with an interesting story but it never really captures you in the way it should have but its good enough to make you wanna see the sequel. Matt Damon was a solid lead and the rest of the cast was good as well. I enjoyed it.
  22. Oct 6, 2011
    Oh my god. Love it. Espesiall since it is Taylor Lautners favorite movie. I heart Taylor Lautner. Must watch again. Gotta go because I am going to watch the movie again. Thankyou for reading my review. Goodbye.
  23. Sep 25, 2011
    "Bourne Identity" is a serious action movie that looks cool, but creating a game off of this might have been a better choice.
  24. Sep 7, 2011
    From start to finish, this is a great movie. It's got just the right amount of suspense, just the right amount of action, just the right amount of character development. I don't have a single complaint about this movie.
  25. CRL
    Jul 26, 2011
    First, this is not an adaptation the Robert Ludlum novel that it's supposedly based on. It's a completely original, standalone work, with the only similarity being the central character, while everything else built around him from scratch by the director and screenwriter. And as that standalone work it's an excellent action thriller that delivers on every front.
  26. Sep 22, 2010
    Unconscious man gets rescued in the sea by fishing boat, amnesia, has "special" skills, someone trying to kill him, befriends German girl, tries to find out what's going on & who he is.
    Sharp action-thriller which has its fair share of twists and turns and outright action with some great fight choreography.
    Strong cast helps it & Maaaaatttt Daaaammmon is very believable as Jason Bourne.
    Good turn too from Franka Potente, Chris Cooper & Clive Owen as the deadly sniper. Expand

The Bourne Identity keeps you in a state of nervous excitation from the opening shot to the fade-out and has a thread of deadpan humor that vibrates alongside the main action like a third rail quivering next to a hurtling train.
    The full-throttle approach of director Doug Liman (Swingers, Go) is impressive.
  3. It has a few whispers of intrigue, but at the heart of The Bourne Identity lies a dispiriting paradox: The more that Jason Bourne learns about himself, the less arresting he seems.