The Brothers Bloom

8.8

1. HelaynaR.
    Jun 7, 2009
    Amazing. This movie was fun, suspenseful, fascinating. It was very well paced, a fantastic story and full and amazing characters. Must see.
  2. SallyJ
    May 16, 2009
    A fun frolicking film on an additionally funny and tragic tale. I loved the beginning with the boys, expecially Bloom who is so cute and innocent. That kid is a good actor, I'd like to see more of him.
  3. Christinec
    Oct 8, 2009
    Oone of the better movies i have recently seen, adrian brody is awesome. Quirky and entertaining.
  4. conniel
    Oct 9, 2009
    The movie displayed elegant art and I loved it!!!
  5. CindyT
    May 16, 2009
    Movie was fun, very entertaioning, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was paaced well, I loved the opening sequence with the boys, especially Young Bloom was very expresice and it set the tone for the rest of the movie. I thought it was very well done. I recommend it wholeheartedly and will see it again. A great fun evening of entertainment.
  6. BradleyT.
    Jun 15, 2009
    A bit uneven in the beginning, but the emotional payoff at the end is amazing.
  7. TerenceS
    Jun 7, 2009
    I don't know how critics can hate this movie. The characters were great, and it was extremely well put together. Johnson is definately going for a retro feel, even down to the soundtrack. I never once got bored, and it spans generations. It was entirely the perfect movie for me. In my mind a must see.
  8. AlexandriaD
    Jul 26, 2009
    Although the ending with the Russians threw me for a bit of a loop, both times I viewed it, my overall feeling for this film is LOVE! I laughed, to the dismay of other movie goers throughout, was captivated by the 4 main actors, and enchanted by the story. Sure one must suspend disbelief for the poor Bloom who so wishes for love but has such difficulty committing. I know...it is a drag Although the ending with the Russians threw me for a bit of a loop, both times I viewed it, my overall feeling for this film is LOVE! I laughed, to the dismay of other movie goers throughout, was captivated by the 4 main actors, and enchanted by the story. Sure one must suspend disbelief for the poor Bloom who so wishes for love but has such difficulty committing. I know...it is a drag when one realizes that movies reflect life! Ha! Expand
  9. KirkE
    Jul 5, 2009
    Movie was very enjoyable. Story line was a little twisted but filming, casting, music was wonderful.
  10. RyanG
    Oct 9, 2009
    The movie was great and I love the cinematography and costume design not to mention how they captured the elegance and beauty of each setting.
  11. JasonV
    May 16, 2009
    A thoroughly entertaining movie for these sad times. If you want to escape and have some fun....go see the Brothers Boom, you will enjoo it!
  12. ChrisR
    May 29, 2009
    Greatly entertaining film. Funny, dramatic, and always interesting.
  13. julesv
    Jul 13, 2009
    This is a fun excellent, entertaining movie which I though Hollywood was about....If you want to watch miserable movies about reality and the rip-off of the American People, watch the films of Barack Obama.
  14. JF
    Jul 13, 2009
    This was an entertaining and fun movie, it should have been treated with more respect, the actors earned it. Shame on Summit.
  15. CaitlynM
    Jul 16, 2009
    A wonderful, unpredictable ride. Some confusing moments, but overall a blast. Great characters, great acting, great storytelling. It kept me enthralled from start to finish, and the end was very satisfying.
  16. JacksonT
    May 16, 2009
    A must see movie, very entertaining and a fun time, my whole party enjoyed it.
  17. Jun 22, 2012
    Loved the story line, the directing, writing, photography and the editing. Gave it a 9 score because it genuinely held my interest. Adrian Brody and Rachel Weisz had real charisma and Mark Ruffalo was a fantastic foil. Great Locations too. What's not to like?
  18. Feb 6, 2011
    The average critic review of 55 is an absolute joke for what is a fantastic film, with a delicate plot line which is serious but huge amounts of fun, the film is directed beautifully and has fabulous performances from a very talented cast. Definitely worth watching, several times.
  19. Aug 5, 2011
    AMAZING i love this movie i dont know why this movie got any reviews below a 9, great story great actors and it has an amazing plot. my favorite movie by far. a must see
  20. Jan 30, 2013
    It has action, cheerful comedy, touching romance, tricky capers which are never what they appear to be, and a style of its own that makes the film a fantastic original that certainly deserves more acclaim than it has received.

It often seems precious and overconceived, its accumulating crosses and double-crosses as devoid of consequence as a child's backyard game.
  2. The jaunty, energetic first 10 minutes of The Brothers Bloom are easily the best first 10 minutes of any film I've seen this year. And while the succeeding hour and 43 minutes doesn't hold up to the movie's opening scenes, the whole endeavor is still an awfully good time.
  3. A couple of rather Dickensian supporting roles by Robbie Coltrane and Maximilian Schell fall embarrassingly flat as they are more creations of costumes and makeup than actual flesh-and-blood. But then the same can be said for the entire movie.