5.4

1. Nov 29, 2013
    It was a very nice movie. It really does have quite an outstanding storyline full of fantasy. The music is absolutely exceptional. It is children's movie that is great for everybody.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    A wonderful fantasy film that sticks very closely to the classic novel on which it is based. The acting is great, the music is inspiring, the action is epic- over all this film is a grand addition to the fantasy genre and a classic film adaption that is very, very enjoyable and spiritual.
  3. Mar 28, 2012
    I think that this movie is a bigger sorprise. The book is excellent, and this movie have and incredible esscence of the books, the cast have a great performance, is an amazing movie.
  4. Mar 14, 2012
    I'm sincerely surprised that this movie got so many praises from critics while users usually disliked it. This is maybe one of the best epic fantasy films: nice camera, nice ambient and even nicer soundtrack and the main roles being played by kids isn't devaluating it at all. A must-watch for fans of this genre.
  5. HMW
    Mar 7, 2012
    This movie was so great, it is now my favorite move. It went almost exactly by the book and it felt like I was actually reading the book while I was watching the movie. The movie had fantasy, comedy, action , and everything else that makes a great movie. I would recommend it to anyone.
  6. Nov 24, 2011
    Incredible story. In my opinion a masterpiece within its genre. This first entry into the world of Narnia is simply amazing. You can't go wrong with this movie, good for all ages.
  7. Nov 5, 2011
    It's magical, beautifully scored, impressively designed and well acted. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a worthy companion to it's classical novel of the same name. 4/4 stars.
  8. Feb 9, 2011
    I may not be a Christian, but that didn't mean I couldn't enjoy this movie. Definitely one of the best flicks of 2005. Very LOTR-esque, but better! I have very fond memories of watching this in theaters.
  9. Oct 13, 2010
    Okay. anyone who hates this movie are taking things way too seriously. first, some of you hated the second Harry Potter movie and you gave the same score like this one? guys, what the heck? THIS MOVIE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!! the characters were supporting, the storyline was great, and the source material is brilliant which makes this movie a top-notch fantasy adventure movie for fans of Narnia.

1. What is lightly sketched in the novel, where much is left to the imagination, blossoms into full-blown, richly detailed life in the movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    An array of supporting craftspeople pull the viewer into a credible alternative world, even if the film itself is more prosaic than inspiring.
    The problem with any allegorical plan, Christian or otherwise, is not its ideological content but the blockish threat that it poses to the flow of a story.