7.8

1. Oct 23, 2014
    Using haunting and disturbing imagery instead of violence and gore made the human life a precious thing in "The Conjuring" and that is why enjoyed it a lot. It's a film that is scary enough for You to turn on all the lights and lock all the doors in your house.
  2. Oct 16, 2014
    Los sustos que da son bastante eficientes y la película en si se siente superior en todo a la ridícula Insidious.
    Recomendable a quien le guste el terror con aire clásico, pero con temas espirituales.
  3. Oct 11, 2014
    Stupid ass movie title! NOTHING is CONJURED in this movie!! Stupid writers and the director should go read a dictionary before slapping the title onto this movie! They also recycle the frickin UV-light **** again.
  4. Oct 8, 2014
    Pass on Annabelle and watch this movie again. This was the first horror movie I've seen with such amazing production values, but it was kept at an affordable price for a film that had as much talent as this one did; and it made millions because it was actually scary, and actually well written. The Conjuring is full of scary moments that show how scary demon possession is, there is no hidden agenda and the demons don't come off as pompous idiots who just mess with you. These demons mentally destroyed these people beyond repair. Expand
  5. Sep 29, 2014
    pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
  6. Sep 2, 2014
    "The Conjuring" is one of the better supernatural films to come out in the last few years. It's scary, intriguing, and highly enjoyable. The movie has a very 70's feel to it, especially the cinematography, and the story is pretty simple, yet it flows very well. Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga are great together as the Warrens. Really, the entire cast was great. This is a great movie to watch and get scared with your friends. I highly recommend it. Expand
  7. Sep 2, 2014
    The Conjuring is by and far the scariest film of 2013. A film about paranormal investigators (vividly portrayed by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga), it's chilling and a flashback to early horror flicks.
  8. Aug 31, 2014
    "When the music stops, you'll see him in the mirror standing behind you." - April

This is why i love horror movies.One of the best horror movies i ever seen.
  9. Aug 26, 2014
    This movie caused a big buzz so my best friend dragged me to see it. There are few horrors that can scare me but this movie didn't. Anyways, the plot and the casting were good but there was something missing from it that would give it a higher score.
  10. Aug 23, 2014
    One of the best horror movies I've ever watched. The story is fantastic [and real], I guess I am more afraid of ghosts than I was before seeing this film, it's very good indeed.
  11. Jul 25, 2014
    The Conjuring es una película del género terror que logra cumplir con las expectativas del género, sin duda alguna va a ser considerada una de las mejores películas de terror del 2013.
  12. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The Conjuring was the best horror movie I've watched! It actually happened and there's a reasonable story behind the true events, as well as the movie!
  13. Jul 6, 2014
    When it comes to the horror genre and even the drama genre for that matter, "The Conjuring" gets a lot right. Physically, this film is shot so beautifully with constantly changing angles and dramatic zooms in and out of frame. The set design and costumes were also integral to the look and chilling atmosphere of the film.
    This is probably the most thrilling, beautifully shot, and most
    traumatizing horror films in recent memory. Expand
  14. Jun 12, 2014
    Again, I DARE YOU TO WATCH THIS FILM BY YOURSELF IN THE DARK!!! It's so scary, the government are thinking of adding this film as part of training in the military, in helping soldiers face their fears. lol
  15. May 26, 2014
    Why did people like this, how? This movie was cliche after cliche, everything in this movie was ripped from other (better) movies, and everything major that happened was so easy to see coming that it was PAINFUL.
  16. May 25, 2014
    Based on a true stroy The Conjuring is a movie that follows a family in the early 70's that was being tormented by a demonic demon so they soon seek out the help of paranormal investigators to get rid of the demon haunting them. The story itself is nothing new and the events surrounding the story isn't anything new but James Wan delivers on the suspense of the telling of a old story. There wasn't any jump scare moments well at least none that got me. Also only being made on a 20 million budget was great none of it looked bad and for making over 300 million worldwide that is something.

Overall i give it a 7.5 The movie freaked my mom out she siad she wanted to watch a scary movie then after she siad she never want's to see this movie ever again i laughed =D the movie isn't scary at all
  17. May 2, 2014
    With such a great cast, great direction, many jump scares, turns out to be not as scary as i expected, but it was way more interesting that i hoped. The story will make you keep on watching until you know what will happen at the end, by the hand of a terrifying score by Joseph Bishara.
  18. Apr 28, 2014
    The same old generic story of a family moving into a house that is apparently haunted by a demon wasn't anything new. But it was pretty effective in scares. I was surprisingly satisfied with this film. The characters were fairly developed and the acting was great especially the kids. This movie offered scares and unsettling. I definitely recommend this film for those looking for horrifying thrill.
  19. Apr 10, 2014
    Critics said that it was one of the scariest horror movie from a long time.I said damn i should watch it and the result is that the cation is all in the end of the movie so before it's just long and long.The only good thing in the beginning is the creepy doll.
  20. Apr 4, 2014
    Many will try and have you believe that the atomosphere around the movie was terrifying, but I will tell you unless this is the first horror movie you've seen, nothing will scare you or creep you out.

The movie is so unoriginal. There is nothing creative, nor original, and especially not clever in this film. Not the first evil doll, paranormal activity, haunted house, nothing in this
    movie is good nor interesting. I literally fell asleep, right after my girlfriend. It took me about 5 times to watch the movie entirely. That's 1 more then Avatar.

The films only good aspects are the acting and maybe the directing.
  21. Mar 23, 2014
    One of the best horror movies of all time!
    Positives:
    - Excellent Actors
    - Excellent Story
    - Great Atmosphere
    Negatives:
    - Abrupt Ending
    - Based on a true story, even though the story was amazing I'd rather not hear it being based on actual events.
  22. Mar 17, 2014
    from the guy who brought you saw and insidious james wan brought us the conjuring which is scary and freaky . i never saw a horror film that was based on a true story . this is sort of like amityville horror but hey it was a good film . i can not wait for the sequel
  23. Mar 16, 2014
    First I heard about it I thought I was going to be really scared about it, but rare times it scared me. But that's not very important, because the movie was not made to be horror. The story was a very good one, which made me think and ask myself why was doing that character a certain weird thing. Even the movie wasn't what I was looking for, I liked it very much because of mistery, characters, especially Lorraine, who had a great role in the story; of course everyone had it own role, and the way they have solved the problem. The thing I didn't like so much was that the exorcism was a quick ritual in the film, about several minutes, where I wanted to see something more. Nevertheless, now, after I watched it it's on my favourite list, so I give it a 9, recommending it for the people who wants mistery. Expand
  24. Mar 12, 2014
    It is a nice movie with a great theme and background work. It is terrifying in several aspects, including the fact that it is based on a true story, but I believed it would have ended with a more interesting and surprising situation. However, its a nice movie.
  25. Feb 26, 2014
    Now I am always willing to give them a chance but I am often pretty unimpressed with haunting movies. I really enjoy horror movies but it seems like we get 10 haunting movies a year and none of them very good. The Conjuring on the other hand I thought was very well done, in particular James Wans directing and the cinematography. The story was your typical haunting story of a family moving into a new house and weird stuff happens but is still interesting to watch and scary because it was handled so well. These types of horror movies are not really my bag but this one has definitely impressed me. Expand
  26. Feb 19, 2014
    "Why is this movie getting awesome scores? What happened in this movie that hasn't happened in every other horror movie?"

It is an art to make good pictures. It is an art to make feel the viewer emotionally involved. It is an art to place, choose and time sound effects so that they are just "in time". Often in life it is not the story which is told. It is the WAY the story is told!!!!
    The conjuring - for shure - is a composition of already known story fragments, but the way the fragments have been arranged to a dense thrilling story are absolutely f***ng genious. There is barely nothing which I had to criticize respectively that can be criticized. And this is - by all respect to other filmmakers - a seldom situation. double thumps up into my bluray-collection! Expand
  27. Feb 17, 2014
    I've always been a fan of good horror movies. Sadly, nowadays, there is somewhat of a deficit amongst the genre, because, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a generic plot + dark premise + a few jumpscares = a good movie. Luckily, this movie isn't like that.
    I love this movie. And even as I nitpick my way through it, I manage to find just one thing I don't like about it. But let
    me get there first.
    This movie is really beautifuly shot. The whole direction it is going for has a very retro-horror vibe that I just can't help but enjoy. There are almost no effects, which I think is a huge plus, and those that are included are very effective. This movie doesn't rely simply on jumpscares, but on pure, well-built atmosphere, the overall look and feel of it brings a lot to this.
    It also sounds great, all the sound effects used are creepy, there are almost no random sharp sounds, like the ones used in Insidious (whichi I personally hated about it), there is also almost no awkward silence - it's a perfect mix.
    The acting in the movie is great. The people behind the movie knew exactly what kinds of people they need, so they just got those people, and they are perfect for their roles. Even the little kids are great at acting it out! It's simply a joy to watch all of these people interract with eachother on such a great level, at times it feels like real-life footidge of a family reunion and that's brilliant.
    The overall story is nothing we haven't seen before, but it's very well paced, which is key to a good horror movie. I really love what they did with the pacing here, though I felt the ending was a bit rushed, but I give the movie credit for having scenes that most movies of the genre forget - those that expand on the characters and their bonds. However, here is also the one thing I don't like about this movie, and it's the paranormal apparition - it's not badly done, it's just not my thing and I didn't find it scary or creepy, I was intrigued and when I found out what it was, it all sort of went down hill from there for me, but this is just for me, so instead of my personal rating of a 8/10, I give it a almost perfect 9/10 - I recommend this movie to all horror fans, especially those who are nostalgic for retro horror. This movie is awesome!
  28. Feb 14, 2014
    To be honest, this has to be one of the better horrors I have seen in a while. Granted allot in this movie has been done before and the premise is nothing original, the movie as a whole feels fresh and genuinely scary at points. Rich atmosphere and all round decent acting give this movie the creepy vibe that many other horrors are lacking.

While they could have been a bit more daring
    and gone deeper with the narrative, I really have no gripes with this movie.

Overall:
    An enjoyable, creepy and highly atmospheric movie and probably the best horror movie of 2013. I loved it.
  29. Feb 14, 2014
    This movie is my best horror movie. The story is based on true events wich makes the movie even more scary especially if it's well played. It has a lot of moments where you think there will be jump scare but in the end it's nothing and thats what makes it so scary, there are a few jump scares yes but not always. Just in the right moments.
  30. Jan 25, 2014
    Now this is a real horror movie! So much scary scenes! The story was intresting, kinda boring at moments but still a great movie to watch! I recommend it if you want to watch a scary movie with less disgusting scenes!

1. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Aug 3, 2013
    Wan’s film is a sturdily built supernatural chiller, with next-to-no digital effects or gore, and it delivers its scares with a breezy lack of urgency.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Hartlaub
    Jul 25, 2013
    I'd be shocked if we see a better horror film in 2013.
  3. Reviewed by: Simon Abrams
    Jul 19, 2013
    The Conjuring is as toothless as it is because it's two different kinds of boring. The film's plot is explained exhaustively whenever loud noises aren't blaring, and random objects aren't teasingly leaping out at you from the corner of your eye.