7.1

1. Oct 7, 2013
    One can watch a few good jokes in there but nothing special. Unfortunately, just your average animated movie rather smaller ages. I expected more but it is so weak.
  2. Aug 13, 2013
    The plot was incredibly predictable, the comedy was bad and the pacing was way too fast during the first three quarters. The film was not creative, the extent of the creativity being animal other animal/plant. The characters to me were annoying and the majority were completely static, with the exception of Grugg and Eep. After the Tar pit scene, the plot becomes a lot less predictable, and the pacing is better, but I still couldn't care about them. The conflicts were born out of pure stupidity, and there were plenty of plotholes to go around. (Where are the trees? You can't simply survive on eggs you have to risk death to get. At least kill the bloody things.) Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    A Poor Mans Flinstones? Somewhat....
    Still Barley Charming.....
  4. Mar 23, 2013
    Ok, this is Dreamworks animation trying again too hard. The animation isn't my personal favorite. Beautiful colors but again I just didn't fall in love with characters or story :0/

1. Reviewed by: Sean Daly
    Mar 27, 2013
    Although The Croods has lazy patches throughout, the conclusion is exciting and, lo and behold, surprising.
  2. Reviewed by: Keith Uhlich
    Mar 26, 2013
    Aside from a few witty Looney Tunes–esque sight gags, such as one hilarious image of a woolly mammoth being swallowed up by the tectonically shifting earth, the stereoscopic visuals are a busy, personality-free digital blur.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Mar 25, 2013
    The Croods isn’t particularly smart, but it has just enough wit to keep us engaged and just enough speed to keep us from feeling restless.