8.4

1. Dec 2, 2012
    I loved this film! The gadgets and fights were brilliant. However, I found a few holes in the story line. Not much to worry about since I really loved it and can't wait to watch it again.
  2. Dec 5, 2012
    One of the most disappointing films of the year. In my opinion, Rises is the weakest of the Dark Knight Trilogy; it didn't even feel like it belonged in the same trilogy...(Full Review Later)...
  3. Dec 8, 2012
    I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises on my laptop, and the only regret I have is that I didn't get to see it in a cinema! It is so epic and intense, especially the scenes with Bane... This villain has such magnetism, Tom Hardy has done a very, very good job portraying this new villain.
    However, I can't put 10/10 because of Marion Cotillard. Even though I'm French, I find her so annoying, she doesn't put enough soul in such an important character! Casting any other good-looking actress would have been a better option...
  4. Mar 11, 2013
    This movie is amazing, regardless of all the cliches, and retarded moments like how bruce got cable reception from a prison detached from the outside world. This movie still provided the best possible entertainment and an amazing ending that surprised me.
  5. Jan 21, 2013
    I've seen every movie in this trilogy, The dark knight is best movie. This is an very good superhero movie, very good directed by Christopher Nolan. I like everything in this movie, the cast, the story,....
    This is the best movie of 2012.
  6. Dec 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O melhor filme de 2012 até agora,o Nolan não teve medo de seguir em frente mesmo com o desafio de fazer um filme sem o coriga,o Bane caiu muito bem como novo vilão e a idéia de destruição de Gotham foi ótima agora o ponto forte do filme foi sim a ressurreição do Batman. Expand
  7. Dec 13, 2013
    A great final chapter to the great trilogy director Nolan brought to us, literally changing the game. However, it´s a step back from the second film "The Dark Knight". The acting is great and good new actors take center. The villain is good, which was difficult to achieve after the memorable Joker Heath Ledger gave us in the previous film. Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gorgon-Levitt play theirA great final chapter to the great trilogy director Nolan brought to us, literally changing the game. However, it´s a step back from the second film "The Dark Knight". The acting is great and good new actors take center. The villain is good, which was difficult to achieve after the memorable Joker Heath Ledger gave us in the previous film. Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gorgon-Levitt play their parts really well. The film is visually impressive and the pace is not bad at all, but after the first hour there are some problems probably caused by the big ambitions the director had, wanting to make this film even bigger than the previous one. Honestly, there are a couple of plot holes. The grandiosity of what´s happening will make you forget about that, but it makes the film instantly worse than The Dark Knight. Again, the score by Hans Zimmer is outstanding and memorable. Overall, great film, the best and more ambitious blockbuster of 2012 along with Prometheus. Expand
  8. Jun 15, 2013
    A very good movie that's definitely worth watching and is still better than nearly every superhero movie, but in that lies the problem. It is not as good as The Dark Knight. It is better in some things like emotional depth, and it has a better story overall, but it doesn't truly leave its genre. Unlike The Dark Knight, it is not a genuine crime thriller in the vein of The Departed.A very good movie that's definitely worth watching and is still better than nearly every superhero movie, but in that lies the problem. It is not as good as The Dark Knight. It is better in some things like emotional depth, and it has a better story overall, but it doesn't truly leave its genre. Unlike The Dark Knight, it is not a genuine crime thriller in the vein of The Departed. This is because Nolan's direction has went backwards in terms of attention to detail, especially in the action department, and he's added to many far fetched elements, such as Bane being able to punch through walls. Speaking of Bane, Tom Hardy is a very good villain. He's very scary, but he still can't match the pure insanity of Ledger. I know it sounds like I don't like this movie but I was just comparing it with The Dark Knight. On its own terms the movie is dark beyond belief, intricately plotted, well acted, and emotionally involving and sometimes wrenching. If not for the Dark Knight this would be the best superhero movie ever made. If you're a fan of Nolan's movies in any way, or if you just like movies in general, please watch it. Expand
  9. Jan 25, 2013
    Not even the plotholes could stop this movie from being so great. Yep, I said it. The plotholes actually add a sense of mystery to the film, and not only that , it is the most thoughtful, sad, and intense film in the series. I am just angry as to how underrated this film is.
  10. Jan 26, 2013
    Maybe i am kind of exasgered, but this is my favorite movie. It has an super emotional story, impresive cast, great effects and so many themes and epic music. Christopher Nolan, epic film
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    Finally, after four years of waiting, we were able to enjoy the long-awaited end of the masked hero's incredible trilogy of the amazing Mr. Nolan.
    I thought that would outsell its predecessor epic The Dark Knight, but it's obvious the series, it was not, but the movie itself is very good.
    Sadly, the film is very scattered and disjointed, the weakest of the three in the section of the script, do not understand what your goal, which meant the goal of Bane is too absurd, too much work for you all to focus on revenge rather limited, meanwhile, the goal of Talia no sense, because it was destroyed to make Batman see his dream and that people show their true colors, but this dream was not destroyed after five months, only is about to destroy the city with the pump and that's it .
    Plot was simple, the former was glorious in that aspect.
    Batman recovered if it was Rocky and suddenly the cops are released from the sewers, join him as having been buried for a day, why not have the effect of staying five months underground without any hygiene without sick and ready for combat?, that there is as swallowing.
    The scene of the well is very good but has a good error,
    seem a paid vacation to a spiritual retreat to recover, then nothing happens, the inmates give advice, not cure, do not mess with him, are limited to support for leaving What the hell is going on in this movie?
    Among many things can be seen in the film, the rating I give them doubtful result, but despite its flaws script, is highly recommended, the performances are very good, the direction of Mr. Nolan is still epic.
    Not as I expected, really, but as you guessed, Mr. Nolan did not disappoint. The Dark Knight Rises shows the greatness of christhoper nolan to direct monumental works of film and proves once again, the true greatness of this character. My Score: 9.5
  12. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BEST BATMAN FILM EVER!!!! Not Christopher Nolan's best, that title belongs to Inception, but definitely Batman's best! It was the perfect end to Christopher Nolan's perfect trilogy. The most awesome thing in the world would be if they did another one with Joseph Gordon-Levitt continuing the legacy as Batman, as it was hinted at the end of the film. Expand
  13. Feb 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight rises is the third installment of the hugely popular reboot of the batman franchise. Christopher Nolan continues to entertain the mind, heart and eyes with beautifully, yet dark scenery shot in various locations and studios in the USA and the UK. Nolan, known for his non-linear method of storytelling in movies such as Memento (2000) and Inception (2012), makes a departure from that style in order to appeal to a crowd more interested in comic book action films. This is not a criticism, but is instead appreciated in order to stay true to the genre. This film is a breath of fresh air within the crowded comic book genre. Facing stiff competition from the whole Avengers group as well as Spiderman and Superman, this movie holds its own. The story spans across three equally excellent movies whose plots are deeply intertwined. Michael Caine continues his role of Alfred the butler and is just as believable and lovable as in the other films. Morgan Freeman is also back, reprising his role as Lucius Fox, the man behind the R&D division and CEO of Wayne Enterprises. Two new notable characters; Cat woman, played by Anne Hathaway and John Blake, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, round out the talent in the film.
    The Dark Knight Rises begins 8 years after the Dark Knight, on the anniversary of Harvey Dent’s death, the world has changed. Crime is at an all-time low, thanks to “The Dent Act” which limits the rights of convicted felons, in the way the patriot act does to people suspected of terrorism does in the US. However, this “peace” is disrupted when Bane, an ex-communicated member of the League of shadows, led by Ra’s al Ghul (Batman Begins), has come back to finish Ra’s mission of cleansing Gotham.
    My only gripe with this movie, as with the other two movies in the series, is Bale’s batman. More specifically, the voice he gives batman. The best I can describe it is an angry mono-tone whisper, no matter his audience the voice remains the same; no feeling, no imagination and no real reason why, as it’s not explained in the movie. It is so distracting that is often the one trait that is able to pull me out of a world where a crime fighting billionaire dressed as a bat exists.
  14. Feb 8, 2013
    Found this movie totally satisfying on every level. The acting, directing and score are all top notch here. I had thought going into this movie that there was no way it could reach the levels of The Dark Knight, but in my humble opinion it did. The Dark Knight Rises is the perfect send off to the best comic book series of all time and I really enjoyed how everything came full circle by theFound this movie totally satisfying on every level. The acting, directing and score are all top notch here. I had thought going into this movie that there was no way it could reach the levels of The Dark Knight, but in my humble opinion it did. The Dark Knight Rises is the perfect send off to the best comic book series of all time and I really enjoyed how everything came full circle by the time it had ended. My favorite film of 2012. Expand
  15. Feb 24, 2013
    I am bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  16. May 1, 2014
    Like another review said, this movie is not terrible by any means, but it's not good either. It's rather bland and mediocre. I can't think of a single scene that stands out for me, versus the many great scenes from Dark Knight.

The action is meh as well, nothing really great. The plot is very convoluted (too many things happening, a lot of plot holes, jumps in time, poor writing, etc) and there are too many characters, most of which we don't really end up caring about. Robin seems like an almost useless character, and Catwoman never rises above being a sexy stereotypical woman in a bodytight suit. Meanwhile I feel like we don't even see enough Batman. The whole sequence at the prison is also really boring and silly, and the ending of the film is very weak.
  17. Feb 20, 2013
    Get cheap 60% off Kingdoms of Camelot gems from clashofclansgem.com

Clashofclansgem.com Ensure you insert your CoC Game Center Account and password in the box of Special Instructions or Order Comments for quick delivery to you! You can also contact our 24/7 online customer service,tell us your Game Center Account and password to confirm your order for delivery! Delivery time is
    Get cheap 60% off Kingdoms of Camelot gems from clashofclansgem.com

Delivery time is usually within 24 hours!!

Kingdoms of Camelot 1600 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 3200 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 9600 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 6400 Gems
  18. Jun 27, 2013
    This is definitely the most action packed of the Batman trilogy, and I can't complain. The action is fronted by the new villain, Bane, who is both interesting and destructive.
    It's an excellent movie and a great end to the trilogy, however the dialogue in the movie is not very well written as compared to, say, the Dark Knight.

8.6/10
  19. Feb 26, 2013
    The emphasis on visuals takes away from the gritty characterisation and storytelling which made the last film so great. While it is nice to look at, it's not so great to watch. Still, it's Nolan's Batman.
  20. Jun 2, 2013
    this movie is amazing awesome story that actually makes sense great actors, explosions, action, scope, etc. everything was awesome I love this movie...although the dark knight was better imo. Bane was the best character very likeable villian. everyone should watch this movie at least once.
  21. Mar 4, 2013
    The best movie of the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was action packed, perfectly and carefully directed, and the villain Bane was fantastic. The only flaw was that Anne Hathaway wasn't very good as Catwoman.
  22. Jun 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i actually felt manipulated after watching this movie because there is so little sense that this movie makes
    and there is so many technical errors that leaves you scratching your head.
    and i know that the music were good and there are some epic scenes like the one with kidnapping the scientist from the plane but these mistakes simply destroyed the movie entirely such as :
    Wayne escape from a hole in Istanbul and next thing you know he show up at Gotham city with no torture remarks on his face or body.
    the guy with the patch on his eye in the hole with Wayne never speaks English until the last scene
    the fact that Wayne shows up at Gotham just when Selina was saving a kid and returning his apple AND WHY DID SHE BITE THAT APPLE BEFORE GIVING IT BACK
    also the fight scene between Batman and Bane when they through all their weapons and start a hand fight REALLY ?
    how come someone can steal a money from the stock exchange using an Ipad with an adapter
    and the last scene when batman escaped from a nuclear holocaust makes the movie so much worse
    also the fact that the bad guy was around you all the time shows a lack of imagination and destroyed the story for good.
    so in the end i think that the only way that you can enjoy this movie is by being a die-hard fan to the series who don't pay attention to details or not trying to seek sense in the story.
  23. Mar 24, 2013
    This not only an epic conclusion to Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, it was an epic conclusion to a summer filled with excitment. Not only was the storyline and acting fantastic, two characters really stuck out. Bane and Catwoman. Tom Hardy really brings in the fear of Bane with his incredible acting and dark complection to a wonderful villan. Anne Hathaway showcase's a sexy cat who canThis not only an epic conclusion to Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, it was an epic conclusion to a summer filled with excitment. Not only was the storyline and acting fantastic, two characters really stuck out. Bane and Catwoman. Tom Hardy really brings in the fear of Bane with his incredible acting and dark complection to a wonderful villan. Anne Hathaway showcase's a sexy cat who can kick some serious butt. She truly is one of the greatest actresses of 2012. Surprisingly, i thought it was better than "The Dark Knight", but that's just me. I think the story is more darker and engaging than Dark Knight, but the Joker (Heath Ledger) is still the greatest villan ever. Overall, it's a tremendous movie, GO SEE IT! Expand
  24. Sep 28, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is a flawed film and there are some plot holes and inconsistencies, but in the end the film is one of the best action blockbusters ever made. It's bold,daring,entertaining,and really shows that the Superhero subgenre can be more than a casual popcorn flick. The Dark Knight Rises is no masterpiece, but I really did enjoy the film. It's aesthetically pleasing with solidThe Dark Knight Rises is a flawed film and there are some plot holes and inconsistencies, but in the end the film is one of the best action blockbusters ever made. It's bold,daring,entertaining,and really shows that the Superhero subgenre can be more than a casual popcorn flick. The Dark Knight Rises is no masterpiece, but I really did enjoy the film. It's aesthetically pleasing with solid cinematography, incredible action set pieces, and a solid villain Bane. The film begins to feel sloppy and unfinished in it's final minutes,and that's where my main gripes come in. The movie is tonally inconsistent. The final minutes are generic,cliche and it feels like an entirely different movie altogether. It simply feels undercooked. That's my main gripe with the movie. The other flaws and gaps in judgement can be overlooked as it is still at it's core, a superhero movie. I respect Nolan for delivering an entertaining, thrilling blockbuster and I did like the movie alot. My rating:8.0/10 Expand
  25. Apr 7, 2013
    Rarely do I have as many mixed feelings and opinions after having seen
    The Dark Knight Rises. It felt epic. It was moving. It felt long. It
    worked well as a book-end to the trilogy. It felt forced. The performances were excellent. Anne Hathaway as Selena the Cat Woman. Joseph Gordon- Levitt as Blake, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman and so on. The last 30 minutes were just
    Rarely do I have as many mixed feelings and opinions after having seen
    The Dark Knight Rises. It felt epic. It was moving. It felt long. It
    worked well as a book-end to the trilogy. It felt forced.

The performances were excellent. Anne Hathaway as Selena the Cat Woman.
    Joseph Gordon- Levitt as Blake, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman
    and so on. The last 30 minutes were just fantastic, worth the previous
    two-plus hour wait. Better than the Batman Begins but fell short of
    Heath Ledger's Dark Knight (could that movie been as good without
    him?).

Overall I think it suffered from being too grandiose by trying to do
    too much. The multiple acts didn't click together as they did in The
    Dark Knight. The suspension of disbelief was less "suspended" than
    utterly confounded how did Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) go from
    emaciated cripple to muscle-bound butt-kicker in one day? And the
    finale, while enjoyable, had so many twists and conveniences it would
    have made my head spin if I wasn't enjoying it so much.

To be fair, I think the best way to judge The Dark Knight Rises is as
    an attempt to close an epic story-line with a focus on continuity
    between the three films, reinforcing Nolan's conflicting "hopeful
    nihilism" philosophy. I look forward to watching all three back-to-back
    to see his vision uninterrupted by tragic events and the passage of
    time.
  26. Apr 14, 2013
    A great movie, the worst of the series, but still fantastic. Operates on a huge scale, great characters all around, but no one as great as Ledger in The Dark Knight(which is basically impossible). Hardy does a great job as Bane, Oldman Bale and Caine are good as usual. Great all around
  27. May 10, 2013
    I really loved this movie, everything about it is perfect, the plot is well tied, the acting is excelent, the ending is fantastic, the action scenes that are more abundantly aparencem very well made​​, and closes with style this epic trilogy.
  28. Aug 18, 2013
    There is exactly one witty line in the entire movie, when a stock trader tells Bane, "This is a stock exchange! There's no money you can steal!" and Bane replies, "Really? Then why are you people here?" Otherwise, this is a dreary, grim, and humorless two-and-a-half-hour slog through cartoonish mayhem and maudlin cliches. With plot holes so big, they literally and ironically can driveThere is exactly one witty line in the entire movie, when a stock trader tells Bane, "This is a stock exchange! There's no money you can steal!" and Bane replies, "Really? Then why are you people here?" Otherwise, this is a dreary, grim, and humorless two-and-a-half-hour slog through cartoonish mayhem and maudlin cliches. With plot holes so big, they literally and ironically can drive tanks through them. After a while, the dumb violence just gets more and more numbing and meaningless, and the film's political themes, if you can call them that, get more and more unfocused. All in all, I think this film detracts from the Batman canon, and I see no reason for Warner Bros. to continue with any of these story lines. Expand
  29. Jan 17, 2015
    Its a good movie. As always fantastic acting. I didn't like the story in this one that much. I don't know it didn't seem that worked out to me. The previous movie is still the best one in the trilogy.
  30. Jun 11, 2014
    *sigh* disappointing movie. Here's My four main Gripes with this movie: Questionable moments, Poorly past, rushed ending, and Bane and cat woman are both uninteresting. It's like they took the realism and kicked it to the curb because there are so many moments that just don't fit at all . Ya sure the movie will bring you entertainment, but when you really think about it. It will*sigh* disappointing movie. Here's My four main Gripes with this movie: Questionable moments, Poorly past, rushed ending, and Bane and cat woman are both uninteresting. It's like they took the realism and kicked it to the curb because there are so many moments that just don't fit at all . Ya sure the movie will bring you entertainment, but when you really think about it. It will disappoint you and make you mad. Expand
  31. May 6, 2013
    One of my favourite movies of all time, and the only one that was good enough to draw me back to the cinema to see it a second time. The acting is spot on, the action thrilling and the soundtrack makes every scene ten times as immersive. It is true that there are some plot holes throughout but these do not detract from the overall experience in anyway and are easy to look past. The perfectOne of my favourite movies of all time, and the only one that was good enough to draw me back to the cinema to see it a second time. The acting is spot on, the action thrilling and the soundtrack makes every scene ten times as immersive. It is true that there are some plot holes throughout but these do not detract from the overall experience in anyway and are easy to look past. The perfect Batman film. Expand
  32. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Talk about hype, last time I checked this was one of the most hyped movies of 2012, and it had quite an impression on most people. Some said it was bad, that it was the worst one of the whole trilogy, and one of Nolan's worst movies. By those words it seems like this is a really bad movie, but this is really just the minority speaking when in actuality this is certainly an enjoyable picture. Probably one of the most exciting facts about this film was that Bane; a iconic Batman villain from the comics, would be the major villain. They got an actor named Tom Hardy to play as him; from one Nolan's previous films Inception, and he gives quite a great performance. Some have said the fact of making Bane's voice sound like a British person; or whatever funny joke you can think of, is rather ridiculous and takes away any menace the character has. I think that it's a change in Nolan to switch up in the type of bad guys he puts in his film, he most likely didn't want to repeat himself with what he did in the dark knight; which is why the studios thought of just choosing the Riddler for the villain. Enough talk about the antagonist; that comes later, there are other performances in this movie that are good, Christian Bale is probably at his best here; the voice doesn't help at all, giving settlety to the scene he's in at the right time. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman; actually I don't know if they actually refer to her as Catwoman, but she's a likeable character even though she's doing such devious deeds. Now for the story, I'm just going to say it right now: this film is not as good as the last one, and it shouldn't come to anyone's surprise. it's just too hard for filmmakers to keep a good pace of great ideas and direction to make every film in their franchise good or better than the last one. With that out of the way, the story for this one is interesting to say the least, not as "realistic" as the last one, but it sure is reminiscent of a story I love: Akira, in how a part of the world is cut off from society. Throughout the story it does at times border being bad, talking about a bomb that will go off in 6 months, you just have to ask yourself: WHY? This film really wanted to show Batman/Wayne at his lowest, which seems to be a common thing with comic book movie now a days, and I think it does this well; even I personally think the series is better than this, and it is not a negative thing at all. This film is cruel at times for what it does to characters; like I said previously, which can turn some people off and make them want to watch the Avengers. The ending is what upsets many and myself about this film, first off: Bane is actually a handyman for the real villain,..blow me. Batman escapes a nuke, that sentence alone shows how non-sensible this is. Despite that stupid ending, this is a great film, extremely well made and directed. Sure I wish there were some changes, but I'm happy with what we got. Expand
  33. Sep 21, 2013
    Good film, but it didn't wow me like its predecessor. There was really no standout performance when it came to acting either. All the acting was very good, but I didn't see that wow moment. I felt like they could have portrayed Bane better. It just doesn't have the magic that the other two films had. The ending was a bit strange as well. On the plus side, the plot was still solid,Good film, but it didn't wow me like its predecessor. There was really no standout performance when it came to acting either. All the acting was very good, but I didn't see that wow moment. I felt like they could have portrayed Bane better. It just doesn't have the magic that the other two films had. The ending was a bit strange as well. On the plus side, the plot was still solid, and there were no bad performances. Good visual effects and quality action scenes. And I liked the Liam Neeson cameo. Overall, I wasn't entirely impressed, but it kept my attention and it's worth watching. Expand
  34. May 28, 2013
    The disappointing third installment in the series causes me to wonder if Nolan ever had any love for the source material in the first place. Batman is absent, No-Man's-Land isn't well portrayed, and the movie's desperate attempt to surpass its predecessors results in an awfully silly premise.
  35. May 31, 2013
    Once again, Nolan makes another great Batman film. Anne Hathaway was amazing as Catwoman and Tom Hardy was terrifying as Bane. Was it better than The Dark Knight? No, but it was really close. This movie was, without a doubt, the best summer movie of 2012. The ending was fantastic. Thank you Christopher Nolan for giving us an amazing trilogy!
  36. Feb 3, 2014
    本片和前作的黑暗和毁灭相比,颇有救赎和史诗感,Bane是一个和Joker截然不同的反派,Catwoman也是个很有意思的配角,Hathaway的表演超级棒,Bale的蝙蝠侠在洞穴里的表演影帝级,蝙蝠机的设计很棒,结尾不太搭调不像是诺兰的风格,打斗戏较为平庸,配乐依旧很出彩。
  37. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very good spectacle as well as a great piece of social commentary. Again, Nolan has breated a "thinking man's" blockbuster (although it is not without its flaws)

Spiritually, this is more of a successor to "Batman Begins" than to "Dark Knight," although the ghost of Harvey Dent does loom large in the film.

The initial set-piece with Bane and the airplane takeover is very well done. Not knowing the comic books, I did like Bane as a character. And to compare to Heath Ledger's joker is really unfair to both Hardy and Ledger-Bane is a very different beast, with a different plan.

The part of the film I liked the least was the "switcheroo" ending revealing the true identity of Miranda Tate. It was completely unnescesary and did not add much to the outcome of the film other than Bane's death not being the end, and adding a few more minutes of tension .

I also wish they could have done a better job with Bane's voice...he just sounded like Mr. Magoo speaking into a paper towel roll. I think the voice was dubbed in as well. This was most evident as Bane was beating Batman senseless underground.

Selina Kyle/Catwoman was some good eye-candy from Anne Hathaway, but she did not add much to the film to me. This movie was mostly about a "retired" Batman rising again to meet the new threat posed by Bane.

One more thing...I don't know about you, but if I'm driving around a truck with a NUCLEAR FRICKIN' BOMB on board, I'm gonna drive a lot more carefully than it was driven at the end of the movie.
  38. Jun 10, 2013
    Action, Drama, Suspense, Excellent twist in a movie. Christopher Nolan is like the best director these days. The best series of batman with a great ending. Would like to watch another batman film from christopher nolan. Watched it twice in the cinema
  39. Jun 13, 2013
    This movie was spectacular!!! It kept you in suspense the whole time while your at the edge of your chair! I absolutely loved it! there was no problem or nothing that bugged me in the film it was an amazing masterpiece! The ending to the whole trilogy was just breathtaking it was also emotional with a little hype to it. I give it a solid 10 out of 10. I saw it in IMAX and it was mindThis movie was spectacular!!! It kept you in suspense the whole time while your at the edge of your chair! I absolutely loved it! there was no problem or nothing that bugged me in the film it was an amazing masterpiece! The ending to the whole trilogy was just breathtaking it was also emotional with a little hype to it. I give it a solid 10 out of 10. I saw it in IMAX and it was mind blowing. The Dark Knight Rises is a can not miss movie. Go buy it on dvd if you haven't watched it yet! The movie kept everyone hyped. The theater was pack and everyone gave a big round of applause at the end. Like I said again a solid 10 out of 10! Expand
  40. Aug 23, 2013
    Nolan concludes his masterful trilogy with the most emotional of the bunch. Bale is better than ever, Hathaway both embodies and redefines Selina Kyle, and Hardy more than delivers as the hulking revolutionary Bane. Brimmed with action and unafraid to explore the great character we've come to love over the years, TDKR is a true masterpiece. Not to mention, it has one of, if not the mostNolan concludes his masterful trilogy with the most emotional of the bunch. Bale is better than ever, Hathaway both embodies and redefines Selina Kyle, and Hardy more than delivers as the hulking revolutionary Bane. Brimmed with action and unafraid to explore the great character we've come to love over the years, TDKR is a true masterpiece. Not to mention, it has one of, if not the most satisfying ending to any movie I've ever seen. Expand
  41. Jun 27, 2013
    As far as superhero movies go, the Dark Knight is still one of the better "sequels", and the Dark Knight Rises is such a bad step in the wrong direction. The reasons for my disappointment are in how bland the cast is this time, especially the supporting cast, which the previous 2 movies got right. The plot becomes complicated for no good or interesting reasons, and there is no witty,As far as superhero movies go, the Dark Knight is still one of the better "sequels", and the Dark Knight Rises is such a bad step in the wrong direction. The reasons for my disappointment are in how bland the cast is this time, especially the supporting cast, which the previous 2 movies got right. The plot becomes complicated for no good or interesting reasons, and there is no witty, funny, or memorable lines from any characters this time. Bane has promise, and as the movie continues it's apparent that there is nothing separating him from any other average villain. The movie falls short in a lot of ways, but the main problem of the film is how choppy the pacing can be, and how forced some of the decisions made and emotion can be. Expand
  42. Nov 29, 2013
    An epic conclusion that masterpiece by god, Nolan trilogy and the Man of Steel in the best genre films of superheroes, The Avengers are game for children.
  43. Oct 21, 2013
    There are serious plot holes, the fights lack skill and Catwoman is irritating. However the pacing is good, the stakes are high and Wayne proves himself to be a real hero who deserves some happiness.
    argonautis.eu
  44. Jul 14, 2013
    This movie was amazing. I was skeptical because after reaching what I thought was the that was The Dark Knight. After battling a man whose essence is evil I wasn't sure about a villain who is just about power. DKR was pleasantly surprising. Its a long movie, but each moment was action packed and crucial to the story. I will not spoil, but one of the best endings I have seen in a longThis movie was amazing. I was skeptical because after reaching what I thought was the that was The Dark Knight. After battling a man whose essence is evil I wasn't sure about a villain who is just about power. DKR was pleasantly surprising. Its a long movie, but each moment was action packed and crucial to the story. I will not spoil, but one of the best endings I have seen in a long time. The villains, I believe, fall a LITTLE short of the joker, but other than that, the movie and the acting are truly exemplary. Lets not forget the soundtrack is unbelievable! Expand
  45. Jul 2, 2013
    I honestly have never been so excited to watch a movie as soon as it releases especially after seeing a great origin story of a superhero in BATMAN BEGINS and possibly the best SUPERHERO movie of all time in THE DARK KNIGHT. This is and will be the best end to a great trilogy.It may not surpass its predecessor but is surely on par with it.Great job Chris Nolan.
  46. Jul 19, 2013
    Extremely well acted. Good pacing. Strong story line. Slight problem with the continuity of the story, and banes voice. Sound's like Jeff Bridges wearing a muzzle.
  47. Jul 24, 2013
    Overall this movie is enjoyable and worth seeing. However the beginning was slow and it took a long time for the action to start. It's a good movie but unfortunately doesn't live up to the first two films.
  48. Jul 8, 2014
    The final film with our beloved Batman is both awesome, stunning and furious.

The final film with our beloved Batman is both awesome, stunning and furious.

Just as The Dark Knight, we have another incredible well made movie from Christopher Nolan and he keeps me heavily entertained. Just as the previous film, it suffers with a slow amount of action and to much conversations, but in the end is The Dark Knight Rises a hell of a movie, and it might have one of the best endings I’ve ever seen.

Not as stunning as The Dark Knight, but it's still a masterpiece.

The Dark Knight Rises gets a 9/10
  49. Aug 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a pretty good movie, but in no way does this compare to The Dark Knight at all. TDK has an interwoven plot with characters that matter, build off of each other, and provide us with so much emotion. The Joker uses Rachel and Harvey in ways no other villain has done before (and Heath Ledger gave an enduring performance in that very role). TDKR is a decent movie with a couple of characters thrown in there for the sake of being there, and has some cool fight scenes. I mean, do Selina Kyle and John Blake ever interact with Bane at all? No! And Miranda Tate's character is completely miscalculated. The "twist," when she stabs Bruce Wayne, comes out of no where. However, did it need to be her? Not at all. It's almost as if Christopher Nolan just put all of the characters' names in a jar, pulled one out, and said "this one will stab Batman." I love Nola, he is my second favorite filmmaker of all time. However, this is definitely a career low for him, which shows his abilities seeing as this isn't even a bad movie. Just a cool movie that could have been better had it not been misguided. Expand
  50. Jul 29, 2013
    Updated...improved..I'm Glane Mask..scar..e..nhas. The dark Knight Rises is based on every movie (B grade even) ever made, it is based on every episode of every tv show (reality show,food show), on every classic disney movie,disney cartoon, on every cartoon, on Fraggle Rock & The Muppets Turtles, on every episode of every anime series (on animax/), on every video game ever made, on everyUpdated...improved..I'm Glane Mask..scar..e..nhas. The dark Knight Rises is based on every movie (B grade even) ever made, it is based on every episode of every tv show (reality show,food show), on every classic disney movie,disney cartoon, on every cartoon, on Fraggle Rock & The Muppets Turtles, on every episode of every anime series (on animax/), on every video game ever made, on every comic book, on every classic Brit comedy, on every music video, on Daystar, God tv & Ewtn, on thousands of true stories, on world history, current affairs, bulls & bears, on the lives of famous people, on news shows, on every WWF match & the WWE, on (espn) sports channels, on every B/T..ollywood formula masala flick, on every chopsockeye kung fu flick, on even foreign films, even foreign tv shows, on adverts & much much more. Bane's back can also be his front (back 2 the front) (Sagat..with his scar (bending backwards), Kazuya, Mother mouser, The T rex robocop/ Caine, Dolph's 'uni sol'-- The sumo (baby) Mahjin Buu (bending backwards), DOOM'S Pan/Centaur & Motaro),Roast turkey/pig, Baby birds, Bufallo Bill, A lame lamb/dude, A war..ped burnt horrifying tree. Bane's heart/neuron('s)/star('s)/teeth/french beard/parrot nose & jutting chin/wires/Mickeys Sonic's nose...is also Tong Pos/Dhalsim's/Wong Fe Hung's.. hair. Overturn his head...His french beard is now his mohawk....Shining face. The echo...Kamehamehaaa!!!. Bane, Bentley, Benz, train, plane, crane,coach/bus ...Bane is based on every mobile phone, computer, household appliance, bathroom fitting, piece of furniture, arcade machine/ anything shaped. Bane is A pumped up/empowered/irradiated/mutated everyman (put your horrible photograph on that buffed body...yok yok.). How did Nolan do it? He shore aint all 'Nowing'. This is how I think he cracked the code for this supernatural script. He took...lets say...A 1000 of the best & classic movies, a 1000 of the best episodes of every tv show, A 1000 of the premier comix, of the best & no 1 novels and so on. He then looked for what these have in common. The rest was automatic. (He's (Bane/TDKR) alive! He's growing!)...Yeah..maybe something like that. Chew on that...food for thought..get intepreting. There is A (true) good Bane & A Bad Bane. There is no good & bad Bane/Batman. His big heart is his mind/brain filled with truth his purrfect spirit. This is the intepretation of the Iron Man 3 movie....It is based on The king of fighters games- America's got talent & Ugly Betty, on the WWF (Rick Rude, Jesse Ventura, Hulk, Brutus, Undertaker...Lex Luger VS Yokozuna), on everybody loves Raymond, on the big bang theory, on star Trek/Wars, on Flash Gordon, on Superman 2, on He-Man, on Showdown in little Tokyo, on Boney M videos, on Kickboxer Bloodsport & double impact, on super double dragon on super Mario, on Doom, Duke, on Robocop, Judge Dredd, on T2, Last action hero, Commando, on dragonball Z, on Dragonball evolution on night terrors, on street fighter, mortal kombat, Bad dudes, Mercs, on Quo Vadis, on Batman Begins, on samurai showdown, Batman Forever, on Turtles 2 (movie), on ten simple rules, on Turtles Smash Up, on Die Hard 3, on Gi-Joe, on Kung Fu flicks, on the Bolly movie- Blacklmail, on Halo, on Job's trouble, on great expectations, Guy's mandarin is A blinkin/shining/glowing...games Boss/character, His body is A ripped sausage...& leavened/overgrown bread/A half baked/A broken loaf, Guy is A sun/A star..A galaxy...A cluster of galaxies, on Spiderman 3,on (I gotcha) Babe, on mercury poisoning, Mandarin-Kyle Reese, on Batman arkham city, on Bond, on Final Fight, on Tekken, on the Dark Knight Rises, on Friends, on Ghost, on God of war, on Predator, on X-Men (origins),on mind your language,A finger 2 the head-Battlefield of the mind, A dancin cobra, Christian tv, 9 11, The Iron Man looks like he's dribbling/bouncing A ball (in poster)-- on Goku blowing out the lamps, on Turtles 2 Battle Nexus, on soul calibur, on Titanic, on horror flicks with a cabin in the woods, on westerns, on Dragonball Evoloution, on He-
    man defender of grayskull (Iron'y (arm) is A tree in poster), Hulk, on Green Arow, on True Lies, on Life Force, Contra, on Linkin Parks....I'm Blue..la da de ai.., on Jacobs trouble, on MK Annhialation, on Spiderman the movie, on phantom, on Abe Lincoln, on Rush Hour, T3, Aerosmiths-livin on the edge, universal soldier, popeye, Hellboy, Brosnans movie somethin man, Reiko's fatality (MK4),Die Hard,....Thats enough!!..On the days I saw these flicks....those nights I looked out the window at the great dove in the sky and I recieved the gifts of these revelations into my spirit man...(then slowly released)into my long term memory bank. The day B4 yesterday...I saw- I dont know how she does it...A not so brilliant romantic comedy...but it was right. Once I found A black blob in my pav (indian bread) I finally tossed the whole thing into the trash.
  51. Aug 5, 2013
    Christopher Nolan puts an explosive exclamation mark on his incredible Batman trilogy. It's rare that trilogies succeed all the way through, but this movie ends the trilogy in hauntingly memorable fashion with all the emotion, terror and heroism that defines the caped crusader and the world around him.
  52. Aug 15, 2013
    Being an almost 3 hour long movie, at first I'll talk about the first 2 acts and after give this review the ending it deserves needs. SO:

The opening plane heist scene was great. Bane (Tom Hardy) was introduced as the menacing and very quotable presence he'll be until the very end. There was much fuss about his voice and mask, but Hardy delivers via body language, eye movement and there isn't a sentence he utters which isn't understandable (or greatly written).

Also in the first 10 minutes of TDKR we get a first glimpse of the good looking cat burglar, Selina Kyle and her first, of a few, interactions with Mr Wayne. Anne Hathaway gives surprising depth, ingenuity and playfulness to the character. She's my favorite new element to the franchise.

As for the returning cast, Bale, Caine, Freeman and Oldman, what's to say? Bale gives his best performance as Bruce Wayne, Fox, for what little he does, is entertaining, Gordon's conflicted and rattled personality is believable.

I almost forgot about Alfred Pennyworth: overly attached butler who cries a lot and spoils the ending 30 minutes into the movie. He's great!

A somewhat touching "side gag" is Lucious (Freeman) and Alfred playing a reverse game of "Have you met Ted Bruce?" with him and a certain Miranda Tit Tate.

Gordon-Levitt's Blake character however is redundant. The movie would've worked better without him. His performance is serviceable, the lines he gets are good, but he's there because he's a talented young actor. Also, he figures out who Batman is (like Tim Drake, the 2nd Robin but from a look on Bruce's face, then he's surprised by guns killing people and finds garbage trucks getting in the way of police blockades okay. That's not very consistent.

And there's Miranda Tate, played by Cotilliard. Remember her, she might be important.

The real highlights here are really the performances, character moments and the Bane scenes. You can feel the magnitude of when Batman finally returns to try and stop Bane. The action involving the Bat and the Bat-pod are awesome, those gadgets are just BAT-ASS while Bane's plans are executed with visual flare (just look at the football stadium scene, it was a blast). Unfortunately the fight scenes are of the quality of Star Wars re-enactment lightsaber battles, yet watching Bruce and Selina fight together is still fun.

BTW Batman's 8 year limp is cured by a magic knee brace. And if that was possible, WHY DID HE WAIT ALMOST A DECADE to make himself not limp?! I know he did this to be physically able to fight crime, but not being a cripple helps in other tasks also, like in not being robbed by maids. He must've been method training to play Keyser Soize in a Usual Suspects remake.

One fight scene achieves greatness, but because of its chilling atmosphere finally a brawl without dub step in the background- and inevitable conclusion.

From here on the movie takes several time jumps and cuts from Gotham to the underground prison Bruce is thrown and kept in, with a broken back. No worries, however, all it takes is a friendly prison hug and the back's good as new. And not killing the dark knight at the moment you can is the best plan ever! Said every Batman villain ever. This period illustrates how Gotham's doomed without its protector, because all they do is talk about a resistance. It's the movie equivalent of stoners' "You know what would be great? This...that," moments. Wayne's recovery is at least interesting, while the other's activities aren't boring .

I don't think that it shows, but up until this point, I was ready to love this movie, but then came the third act:

Fight scenes are even more ridiculous and firing weapons seem like laser tag guns. They have virtually no recoil and hit less people than storm troopers do.

They almost ruin Bane... TWICE. You're kidding me that their plan was to be blown up with the bomb, right? And he's a lovesick little boy... the problem was sort of solved by Selina.

If you think that death was out of nowhere, just wait until Talia al Ghul/Miranda Tate goes into limbo.

Lord of the Rings ending disorder. As a means of justification for Alfred's speeches and Blake's presence they have unnecessarily clean and overreaching endings..

To be fair, there were some really sweet moments, like Batman taking out thugs with some sort of thugs (which could've been useful against Bane, but whatever, bats are too macho for that), leading the police force to war, (seemingly) sacrificing himself for the city (it was very Batman-esque). The "everyone can be a hero" Gordon moment was inspired as well. So the problem isn't with the execution, questionable decisions are exclusively to blame for the aforementioned shortcomings.

The Dark Knight Rises is a good conclusion of a great trilogy and remains the 3rd best Batman movie out there, after its direct predecessors. Despite the flaws, too much great individual greatness is put in here to not call this movie good.
  53. Oct 25, 2013
    Typical sequel to an amazingly gritty and politically artistic film such as 'Dark Knight' Clumsily loose at times, especially the ending, in which the twist is not an enhancer. Rather sad that Ledger died. Id he'd lived, he'd surely be the main antagonist, and this feature would be an epic conclusion to the malevolent and sadistic "thing" that is the Joker of Heath Ledger. I'd also likeTypical sequel to an amazingly gritty and politically artistic film such as 'Dark Knight' Clumsily loose at times, especially the ending, in which the twist is not an enhancer. Rather sad that Ledger died. Id he'd lived, he'd surely be the main antagonist, and this feature would be an epic conclusion to the malevolent and sadistic "thing" that is the Joker of Heath Ledger. I'd also like the film a bit more if some deranged man hadn't gunned down an innocent group of enthusiastic moviegoers. It is enjoyable, mostly. Expand
  54. Sep 19, 2013
    The best installment of the Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises is involving, gripping, and riveting. The story is on par, as well as a great cast new to the series (Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, etc.). The movie never lags, and Tom Hardy's Bane comes across as a testosterone-fueled hunk of a man who knows true pain and wants to do justice in his own twisted ways.

While

While some may say that the background story of Bane isn't what's in the comics, just stop. Did it fit the movie? Maybe it didn't, because I bet my ass director Christopher Nolan took that into consideration. I bet they did a screen test, and that storyline didn't work. To be honest, it's not that big of a detail and can be easily overlooked, and it didn't do any damage to the story. In fact, it made it *that* much more interesting.
  55. Nov 29, 2013
    The film isn't too shabby, as taking off eight years after the events in The Dark Knight. Now, it has a good story to it, which made it good, but the way it was put together could have been better. But overall, a movie that is worth seeing.
  56. Nov 6, 2013
    An Epic End To The Dark Knight Trilogy !!!,

**The Dark Knight Rises** * This movie will give you the thrill and excitement up to the maximum which you would never would have expected. This movie is all around master piece it has brilliant screen play ,great direction and talented actors to perform which is a great formula to create and an epic movie Christopher Nolan is one of
    An Epic End To The Dark Knight Trilogy !!!,

**The Dark Knight Rises**

* This movie will give you the thrill and excitement up to the maximum which you would never would have expected. This movie is all around master piece it has brilliant screen play ,great direction and talented actors to perform which is a great formula to create and an epic movie Christopher Nolan is one of the most brilliant director and screen writer he shows his brilliance in this movie by making a great direction and brilliant screen play up to a maximum level which is hard to achieve he made this movie into a Master Piece This movie consist of talented actors and their performance was outstanding they were all beautiful in their respective roles.Its very enlightening to see interaction between these characters such as Batman and Catwoman their chemistry works very well during screen play!.Catwoman is new to this Batman sequel but has delivered a great performance which is a pleasant surprise The protagonist in this film Bane has done great job in this film even though its not the performance that has done better than joker in Dark Knight but still he did a fantastic job that no one could deny !each and every actors in this movie deserves an applause for their fantastic performance *Action sequence in this movie are exciting the choreography for stunt and fighting in this movie has done a fantastic job it displayed very beautifully in the big screen. *Overall the movie is Fantastic it wont bore you down at any movement Considering its 2 12 hour long and it does not have any moments which is dull It will gives you plenty of surprises and excitement which will makes you to watch this movie twice.

The Dark Knight Rises **********
    (10/10) Stars
  57. Nov 27, 2013
    Unfortunately this film is the weakest of the Christopher Nolan trilogy. The plot is too slowly paced and though the acting is strong, there is no sense of urgency. The film is shot wonderfully but the large scale almost loses the 'realness' created by the first two.
  58. Dec 29, 2013
    Wasted a good opportunity to make an original movie ending an epic serie. However they tried too hard to copy the style and feeling of the second movie with touches of the first (the scenes away from the civilization). This ended up becoming too long' convoluted and without feeling.

The real problem however, is that most stuff isn't logic or believable, contrary to the precedent movie which had a pretty darn good suspension of disbelief ...

Selina has a nice figure in the usual black dress but not much more and it actually doesn't fit well into the atmosphere if the movie. Makes it look even more like a patchwork of styles and ideas, not well amalgamated
  59. Mar 29, 2015
    "The Dark Knight Rises" - the swan song outing for Christopher Nolan's Batman - is a worthwhile effort and boasts the same visual panache, solid performances, incredible set pieces, and masterful craftsmanship that have made the director's own brand of blockbuster modern classics. But this is not a satisfying finish to the trilogy - it has the same scope as "The Dark Knight", arguably the"The Dark Knight Rises" - the swan song outing for Christopher Nolan's Batman - is a worthwhile effort and boasts the same visual panache, solid performances, incredible set pieces, and masterful craftsmanship that have made the director's own brand of blockbuster modern classics. But this is not a satisfying finish to the trilogy - it has the same scope as "The Dark Knight", arguably the greatest comic book film ever made, but it lacks that film's poetry and refinement and as a result, its reach far exceeds its grasp. We are left with a portentous and bloated film, with a convoluted and sprawling plot buried beneath a wealth of technical wizardry that almost comes across as trying to compensate for its narrative shortcomings. Not that Nolan's Batman has ever been a barrel of laughs, but there is an element of human tragedy lacking here that made "The Dark Knight" such a transcendent and compelling work. Also, the ending of this film, in particular, is laughably ridiculous. It's a film of earnest ambitions, to be sure, and features some incredible performances. Christian Bale, in particular, was the best he's ever been as Batman and Tom Hardy made for a riveting antagonist. But overall, I found it hard not to be disappointed. Expand
  60. Jan 4, 2015
    This film is awesome, but it's previous film still beats it. It tries to be more epic (and is more epic) but comes with some gaping plot holes. Still a highly enjoyable movie nevertheless, but the 2nd film in the trilogy is the must see one. However, one reason to see this is to watch Tom Hardy's excellent performance of the muscle house that is Bane. He's big, he's intimidating, and heThis film is awesome, but it's previous film still beats it. It tries to be more epic (and is more epic) but comes with some gaping plot holes. Still a highly enjoyable movie nevertheless, but the 2nd film in the trilogy is the must see one. However, one reason to see this is to watch Tom Hardy's excellent performance of the muscle house that is Bane. He's big, he's intimidating, and he CAN break the bat. He doesn't beat Ledgers Joker but still puts on an excellent performance. This film is filled with the same great visual and practical effects as the previous and comes with what you expect from a Nolan film. Good film. Expand
  61. Jan 31, 2014
    The last 1 hr. and 30 min. is one of the most breathtaking stretches of film I have ever witnessed. Just simply watch that which is true masterwork from a master filmmaker and storyteller, with an enticing signature in his dearly beloved end. However, watch it with the first hour and it's a different experience entirely. Embracing elements of peace and dullness, it wears off bluntlyThe last 1 hr. and 30 min. is one of the most breathtaking stretches of film I have ever witnessed. Just simply watch that which is true masterwork from a master filmmaker and storyteller, with an enticing signature in his dearly beloved end. However, watch it with the first hour and it's a different experience entirely. Embracing elements of peace and dullness, it wears off bluntly throughout and the limited development of Gotham itself and it's people lack the intensity, and emotion of the ticking thrills in the last 1 hr. and 30 min. But all in one, it's a screen-shattering legend with no fear, and an IMAX Classic, cracking a major impact in our souls and in cinema made for theater. Expand
  62. Feb 17, 2014
    "The Dark Knight Rises" not as good as its prequel, but it has the same thrilling feeling of everlasting suspense and unpredictability that made "The Dark Knight" work so well for me. The visuals are pure and beautiful, and the actors are better than the usual irreverent and unemotional people you see in action movies. The film ends the trilogy with a very satisfying short series of twists"The Dark Knight Rises" not as good as its prequel, but it has the same thrilling feeling of everlasting suspense and unpredictability that made "The Dark Knight" work so well for me. The visuals are pure and beautiful, and the actors are better than the usual irreverent and unemotional people you see in action movies. The film ends the trilogy with a very satisfying short series of twists and events. Expand
  63. May 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Things wrong with TDKR:
    *Way too many characters
    *Plot built on ludicrous underground tunnel network
    *Referring back to the League of Shadows and the first movie. TDK didn't. Batman begins was a good movie, but it's time to move on.
    *Ludicrous dystopian society emerges in Gotham within weeks
    *Bane getting killed in the background of a shot.
    *Pretty much everything Bane said and did before getting killed.
    *The cops are apparently now saints (a bizarre 360 from the first two films)
    *Ludicrous Asian hole-prison with an easy escape that everyone ignores
    *Rope-based chiropractic
    *Impossible escape from an exploding nuke whose fallout should irradiate the entire area.
    *Ludicrous finance market machinations. Apparently, breaking into a stock exchange doesn't give us the ability to reverse any transactions conducted during that time.
    *James Newton Howard is missing. The Hans Zimmer stuff is as pulse-pounding as always, but the class and the intimacy conveyed by the Howard sections of the scores of earlier films is sorely missed.
    *Ludicrous CGI flying bat-vehicle.
    *Bruce Wayne is apparently a horrible judge of character, and gets betrayed by everyone he knows at some point
    *Ludicrous conflict between Bruce and Alfred completely contradicts characterizations from earlier films
    *No mention of the Joker.

Things right with TDKR:
    *Catwoman (played with just the right degree of subtlety)
    *Eh, not a whole lot else.
  64. Apr 4, 2014
    the batman series is not so exciting . the movie is fun and a rockstar hit . " christian bale is wonderful playin the one and only batman ..........................
    Grade A
  65. Mar 4, 2014
    Experiencing this movie without any prior knowledge of from what it was based was definitely an advantage. I can imagine the lead up to all of the twists which seemed to all stack at the end to be rather tedious, but when it got there it sure packed a punch. Great score and great performances from all, including Hathaway surprisingly. It does feel a bit rushed, in terms of production andExperiencing this movie without any prior knowledge of from what it was based was definitely an advantage. I can imagine the lead up to all of the twists which seemed to all stack at the end to be rather tedious, but when it got there it sure packed a punch. Great score and great performances from all, including Hathaway surprisingly. It does feel a bit rushed, in terms of production and the attention to detail, but that's getting a bit picky. It's definitely worth a watch. Expand
  66. Dec 29, 2014
    This is the best superhero movie i have seen.This is a good way to end the dark knight trilogy. It builds up slowly from batman's return from The Dark Knight and progresses to a very strong climax and has an unpredictable ending. All the directors and cast should be given full credit to the film.
  67. May 11, 2014
    You can say what you want about this film, but I found it to be an enjoyable experience and a great way to end this trilogy. Like the predecessors, TDKR is full of a lot of intense action and thrills; I though Bane was a cool and intimidating antagonist, Christian Bale was good as always. One thing I didn't like this film (and this flaw also applied to a certain other superhero movie thatYou can say what you want about this film, but I found it to be an enjoyable experience and a great way to end this trilogy. Like the predecessors, TDKR is full of a lot of intense action and thrills; I though Bane was a cool and intimidating antagonist, Christian Bale was good as always. One thing I didn't like this film (and this flaw also applied to a certain other superhero movie that came out the following year *cough cough*Iron Man 3*cough*) is you will not see a lot of Batman in this film, but a lot more Bruce Wayne which kind of through me off a bit; also the ending is a bit confusing (and maybe a little rushed). Aside those things, Nolan's 3rd Batman flim was pretty enjoyable. Expand
  68. Jun 29, 2014
    One of the most entertaining movies ever! Bane's voice is terrifying, Catwoman is hot and Batman is spectacular in his return to the cinema. This is a epic movie filled with plot twists, inspiring scenes and an intense soundtrack!
  69. Apr 19, 2014
    A great, great movie. Not as good as the dark knight in my opinion but still one of my all time favourite movies. Awesome fight scenes especially including bane and just the right amount of dialogue in it too. And the ending is absolutely amazing and one of the best endings to a movie I have ever seen. Can't wait for the next Batman movie.
  70. Apr 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not going to waist my time and say its not as good as the Dark Knight because I would be missing the point. The fact that Nolan's films transcend their genre and are relatable to anyone and everyone, in my mind at least, serves as no reason to punish them for not always transcending their genre. Ultimately it is what it is and will reward fans of the previous films as well as newcomers. Just don't let misguided critics get in the way of you watching it. Acting wise there was a big void to fill with Ledgers absence but, a double helping of bad guys brilliantly portrayed by, Hardy and Hathaway definitely fill the void. The film thrills as much as the previous films and even more considering the affection the audience now has with the characters. Look people will always flout the ending, but don't let them ruin it for you the ending is perfect if a little to perfect, but it did what it needed to do and rounded up the last 2 films superbly with cheeky references to previous films.
    Ultimately a worthy successor to the Dark Knight and there's no higher praise than that.
  71. Jan 22, 2015
    The Dark Knight Rises takes a big step back from the previous 2 instalments in terms of quality. I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for saying this but I personally think the Dark Knight Rises was unnecessary. The arc was completed at the end of the Dark Knight. Batman's story in the first 2 movies was a fully formed tragedy, similar to that of Hamlet. The Dark Knight Rises tried to goThe Dark Knight Rises takes a big step back from the previous 2 instalments in terms of quality. I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for saying this but I personally think the Dark Knight Rises was unnecessary. The arc was completed at the end of the Dark Knight. Batman's story in the first 2 movies was a fully formed tragedy, similar to that of Hamlet. The Dark Knight Rises tried to go full circle again to give Batman the sappy hollywood manufactured ending and it failed miserably. It recycled the ideas from Batman Begins and didn't bother with depth of any sort. Not only that but it often contradicts the Dark Knight. The plot is incoherent with a lot that just doesn't add up. The relationships Bruce shares with Cat woman and Talia Al Ghul made no sense. There was no on-screen chemistry. The exposition is unbearable, the dialogue is laughably bad at times and Bane is one of the most poorly written villains in recent memory. His motivations and intentions just don't add up. In fact his goals of freeing Gotham from the corrupt and blowing Gotham to hell, are virtually incompatible. He's not just an abstract villain. He just made no sense. And the entire confrontation between Bane and Batman is purely physical. This time even the obstacles Bruce has to overcome are physical injuries. And a physical threat is never as deadly as a physiological threat (that's what made the joker such a terrifying character). The bomb plot line is when the film really drifts back to conventionality. For the direction where these films were going, I'm immensely disappointed with what the Dark Knight Rises had to offer. It's a weak instalment in an otherwise superior trilogy. Had this been anywhere near as good as its predecessors, I would be heralding the Dark Knight Trilogy as one of the greatest movie trilogies ever made. Sadly it didn't meet the hype. Expand
  72. Mar 30, 2015
    My personal favorite of the trilogy, this is a superhero movie elevated to an art form. The scale of everything has been stepped up and the stakes are higher than ever. Anne Hathaway surprised me with a great performance, and Tom Hardy's Bane has one of the most intimidating onscreen presences I've ever seen. The movie wraps up the trilogy nicely with a fantastic, moving ending.
  73. Mar 26, 2015
    9.5/10................................................................................................................................................
  74. Sep 27, 2014
    Después de ver la segunda, esta puede parecer bastante inferior. Y lo es. Pero aun así, la disfruté mucho mas en su segundo visionado y creo que es una obra maestra del cine de superhéroes. Bane no es el joker, pero es un villano decente. El reparto, como siempre, sublime. Quizás le sobra duración pero es una gran película. El final me gustó mucho, una trilogía 10.
  75. Feb 5, 2015
    The Dark Knight Rises is a great conclusion to a great trilogy. While it never comes close to reaching the heights of its predecessor, it still manages to be a satisfying conclusion. There are a few plot holes here and there, and Tom Hardy's Bane just simply can't compare to Heath Ledger's Joker. Other than that, this is a great film filled with quotable dialog, gritty, no-nonsenseThe Dark Knight Rises is a great conclusion to a great trilogy. While it never comes close to reaching the heights of its predecessor, it still manages to be a satisfying conclusion. There are a few plot holes here and there, and Tom Hardy's Bane just simply can't compare to Heath Ledger's Joker. Other than that, this is a great film filled with quotable dialog, gritty, no-nonsense action, and a fantastic story behind it.

8.2/10
  76. Nov 10, 2014
    The Dark Knight Rises is an immensely satisfying conclusion to The Dark Knight trilogy even though it doesn't really match up to the heights of its predecessor.
  77. Jan 8, 2015
    The Dark Knight Rises is a 2012 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan, who co-wrote the screenplay with his brother Jonathan Nolan, and the story, with David S. Goyer. Featuring the DC Comics character Batman, the film is the final installment in Nolan's Batman film trilogy, and the sequel to Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008). Christian Bale reprises the lead role ofThe Dark Knight Rises is a 2012 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan, who co-wrote the screenplay with his brother Jonathan Nolan, and the story, with David S. Goyer. Featuring the DC Comics character Batman, the film is the final installment in Nolan's Batman film trilogy, and the sequel to Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008). Christian Bale reprises the lead role of Bruce Wayne/Batman, with a returning cast of allies: Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Gary Oldman as James Gordon, and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. The film introduces Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway), a sly, morally ambiguous cat burglar, and Bane (Tom Hardy), a mercenary bent on destroying Gotham City who forces an older Bruce Wayne to come out of retirement and become Batman again. Expand
  78. Oct 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a film that shot on location where peaceful Occupy protesters were savaged by corrupt police officers. Knowing this, Christopher Nolan tells the story of heroic, perfect cops who fight the EVIL TERRORISTS. Think about what that means for all of the people who gave this film such undeserved praise. That is how we view polite dissenters: The Bad Guys.

Christopher Nolan has made the worst Batman movie of all time for this, and one other reason:

Even forgetting the terrible screenplay and the sluggish acting, this director hinged his entire plot on the detonation of a nuclear bomb that, as we see in the end, couldn't even kill one person who was at ground zero of the blast. And then has the audacity to assume it is a serious, dramatic production.

At least Batman & Robin wasn't ashamed of being retarded.
  79. Mar 14, 2015
    Huge in scale and has an admirable social consciousness. Thematically satisfying, beautifully shot as with the other films in the trilogy, and the decision of practical effects over CGI once again works out wonderfully. The ending is beautiful, and there are a few scenes with genuine emotion, but it slightly pales in comparison to its predecessor. It lacks the sheer force "The Dark Knight"Huge in scale and has an admirable social consciousness. Thematically satisfying, beautifully shot as with the other films in the trilogy, and the decision of practical effects over CGI once again works out wonderfully. The ending is beautiful, and there are a few scenes with genuine emotion, but it slightly pales in comparison to its predecessor. It lacks the sheer force "The Dark Knight" had, and the story is shakier. That said, the action scenes -- fighting choreography aside -- are excellent, the characters are compelling, and the film maintains your attention despite its long running time. "The Dark Knight Rises" is not a perfect conclusion to the trilogy, but it's a damn good one. Expand
  80. Oct 18, 2014
    It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. Expand
  81. Oct 28, 2014
    Christopher Nolan’s 2012 action film The Dark Knight Rises, a trilogy from The Dark Knight shows the now notorious criminal known as batman coming out of hiding in the city of Gotham. Nolan has taken a different approach from the original Dc Comic made by Bob Kane and Bill Finger and twisted it to make a different path for the villain/hero “batman”. Christian Bale will give you a burningChristopher Nolan’s 2012 action film The Dark Knight Rises, a trilogy from The Dark Knight shows the now notorious criminal known as batman coming out of hiding in the city of Gotham. Nolan has taken a different approach from the original Dc Comic made by Bob Kane and Bill Finger and twisted it to make a different path for the villain/hero “batman”. Christian Bale will give you a burning sensation of excitement as he plays the role of batman and Bruce Wayne. The Dark Knight Rises begins with an older and crippled Bruce Wayne getting back on his feet to fight crime after being rejected by society by being called a villain. Christian Bale and Tom Hardy, the criminal Bane that makes himself know in Gotham City, have realistic tension on the screen that will have your blood boiling, eyes teary, and palms sweaty.

Nolan is a true visionary to depict such a great film. This movie is not your regular and dreary anticipated movie that everyone knows. It’s not that typical super hero story when the hero falls to the feet of the villain then triumphs and defeats the villain. Nolan took a different route and paved the road, he showed a super hero getting back on his feet while enduring the trial and tribulations to stand tall. Christian Bale plays an old charming and handsome Bruce that has shrouded from the limelight. Bruce has been missing for a while and no one had known his whereabouts. Christian Bales is a vital actor to this movie; because he brings the seriousness in Bruce you can see the worry in his eyes and the motivational sparkle. You can real feel a connection with Christian Bale on the screen as the movie progress.

In The Dark Knight Rises you can feel your soul crying out for Bruce as Alfred talks to him about his miserable life experiences. We all know Bruce has lost his parents but losing the one he loved Racheal in The Dark Knight was unbearable. Bruce still is saddened from this terrible event which shows his negative aspirations of caring about things. Batman’s and Bruce’s disappearance has left Gotham better than what it was. Gotham was in shambles, people loitering the streets and jobless. Batman and the “hero” Harvey Dent, played by Arron Eckheart in The Dark Knight cleaned the streets of villains. Gotham still pays respect to their most respected man Harvey Dent while others anticipate the return of batman.

Tom hardy is an absolute superb actor to play the villain Bane. Tom Hardy had me trembling in my chair and sweating through my clothes, he is exhilarating. Tom Hardy the perfect actor to play Bane because he is brawny in size and has that odd spine-chilling voice. Bane has an objective and he will execute anyone that crosses his path. Banes followers are loyal, and are increasing in numbers. Not even Gotham’s toughest cop Commissioner Gordon can stop Bane. He is a menace that cannot be apprehended, everyone he encounters is fearful of him. The character Bane gave me nightmares, he took the air out of my lungs he is ruthless.

But there is hope in Gotham because of a rising cop who is springing into action named Blake played by actor Joseph Gordon- Levitt who is a phenomenal actor. Blake is introduced as a new cop that quickly catches on to the criminal activity in Gotham. He warms your heart with passion because you can tell he is really devoted to what he does for a living. Joseph has a nice pretty boy smile that makes you feel safe, but he also can get pretty aggressive when trying to take down a criminal. Blake is a character that knows what to do when put in harmful situations; he doesn’t go by the cop rule book. Blake is one of the most trustworthy cops in Gotham which is rare.

The Dark Knight Rises has a lot of action scenes which were executed by the special affects department; it makes you feel as though you’re in Gotham and is being terrorized by Bane. The gunshots look realistic; due to the sound department it feels as though bullets zip through the movie theater. The makeup and costume department made the characters come to life which essentially makes Bane look so petrifying. When watching this movie on the big screen it feels as though you’re a civilian on the dirty streets of Gotham watching the action go down before your eyes. The people that took part behind the camera are as astonishing as the actors.

In conclusion this movie was one of the most eccentric films of the decade. Every moment of The Dark Knight Rises will have you in a trance; you will not be able to blink. The movie will not have you on the edge of your seat but standing up to watch the action up close. Make sure you go to the doctor after this movie because this will have your heart pumping so fast your body will be filled with adrenaline. There will not be a single soul that leaves the movie theater without thinking their money was well spent. The entire cast did an exceptional job of doing their part in the movie to make it outstanding. Make sure you pick your jaw off of the ground at the end when… you’re going to have to wait and see!

Author: Raheem Kosoko
  82. Nov 21, 2014
    While certainly not with its flaws, Nolan's conclusion to his superhero trilogy is a satisfying end to what is undoubtedly the best superhero saga to grace cinema screens. With an epic scope and scale, this is a fitting send-off for the silver screen's most endearing vigilante.
  83. Dec 26, 2014
    Simply a masterpiece I have never seen such a work of art this film I consider the pinnacle of modern cinema, one all should aspire too. Literally the greatest thing to happen to the motion pictures since silent era. Nolan is such a big guy he's this generations Kubrick and probably a better one at that, 11/10.
  84. Jan 11, 2015
    The last movie in the Dark Knight trilogy this met my expectations. The Dark Knight is a tough act to follow but this one held its own and made for a exciting end to the trilogy. The action scenes keep you on the edge of your seat and Tom Hardy did a good job playing Bane. There are some plot holes and at one point in the middle of the movie it slows down and gets a little boring but itThe last movie in the Dark Knight trilogy this met my expectations. The Dark Knight is a tough act to follow but this one held its own and made for a exciting end to the trilogy. The action scenes keep you on the edge of your seat and Tom Hardy did a good job playing Bane. There are some plot holes and at one point in the middle of the movie it slows down and gets a little boring but it picks back up and has a strong ending. I believe many people an critics have underrated this movie. A good way to finish out Christopher Nolan's Batman series. I give it 8 out of 10 Expand
  85. Jan 11, 2015
    Yet another amazing Batman film that drags out of some parts but otherwise delivers amazing action sequences and spectacular special effects along with the new rival Bane. This film contains perhaps the best plot of the trilogy.
  86. Mar 13, 2015
    Christopher Nolan's concluding vision of the legendary Caped Crusader may just possibly go down as one of the strongest closing chapter to any franchise in modern cinema. With it's top-notch performances, and action-packed set pieces, The Dark Knight Rises ends the franchise on a satisfying high note, delivering one of the most powerfully engrossing climaxes in recent memory.

The acting

The acting here, like in Nolan's other Batman flicks, is nothing short of phenomenal. Hardy, while not quite as memorable as Heath Ledger's Joker, gives the performance of his career as Bane. His haunting voice and intimidating muscular physique are only matched by his calmness toward the chaos he causes everywhere he strikes.

Although The Dark Knight Rises never truly reaches the same groundbreaking heights as its predecessor, I loved every minute of it. The fantastic storytelling, the gritty visuals, the brilliant character development. There's nothing here that isn't worthy of praise in my book. Nolan truly capped off his one-of-a-kind superhero trilogy in a way that no other director could've accomplished. Sure, the narrative can get a bit messy at times, but when compared to everything else, the film does right, it hardly matters. Honestly, I can't recommend this movie enough. For any fan of dark,gritty, action-packed filmmaking, this is an absolute must-see.
  87. Apr 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As The Dark Knight Rises, so has anticipation. In 2005, when Christopher Nolan rebooted and resuited Batman, the cinematic reputation of the Caped Crusader was at a pitiful low after the gaudy debacle of The Film That Shall Not Be Named. Now, a short seven years later, Nolan could deliver the print of his trilogy topper in a chariot drawn by flame-breathing unicorns with diamond eyes and some people would still shrug and say, “Meh. It’s not as impressive as The Dark Knight.” In this — as within Rises itself — he could be said to be the victim of his own success. He raised the bar so high, no-one could be expected to clear it. Still, whether you believe this betters Begins or eclipses Knight, it is certainly a satisfying conclusion to what is now — we’re calling it — the best superhero series of all time.

As Gotham prospers in the wake of the criminal crackdown brought about by the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent — and his mythologising by Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) — Wayne feels he can stay hidden in his mansion, a truculent Beast resisting being transformed by Marion Cotillard’s Beauty. Where his parents were active, engaged philanthropists, giving life to the city, Wayne nurses only his own grief. He walks with a stick as symbolic of his psychological frailty as his physical degeneration. Here, the film could be said to be going over old ground, but Wayne’s mental fissure has been mined in the comics for 73 years and it’s testament to Christian Bale’s stalwart, admirably unshowy but soulful performance that we once again feel for a man born to privilege but eternally trapped in a personal prison.

This is aided by a valedictory feel to the first act, with everything freighted with the knowledge of its finality and a sense that this will not end well. Caine is all heart in a beautiful recollection about his hopes for his surrogate son, while Joseph Gordon-Levitt — who looks supremely dashing despite a somewhat glamour-free role as a rozzer — also has a sorrow-fuelled speech, but with a more positive sense of belief to counter Bane’s destructive faith.

Then, when Batman finally returns, you relish the gleeful comment of a copper to a younger colleague: “Boy, you are in for a show tonight, son.” That you are, even if the film doesn’t, until the very end, match the emotional tenor of its blistering beginning. That 45 minutes or so can be called the ‘beginning’ gives a clue that Batman not only rises but lengthens. This is a long film that feels weighed down somewhat in its middle section, struggling to carry the weight of exposition. The desire for scale and belief-beggaring action also means that, curiously, what would be other movies’ budget-blitzing conclusions are reduced, in a way, to the level of mild incident. There is more plot here than there is story and as impressive as certain scenes are — the sporting spectacle seen in the trailer, for example — they can feel a little like a very expensive treadmill when you’re waiting for the emotions to really run.

With spectacle in abundance and sexiness in (supporting) parts, this is superhero filmmaking on an unprecedented scale. Rises may lack the surprise of Begins or the anarchy of Knight, but it makes up for that in pure emotion. A fitting epitaph for the hero Gotham deserves.
  88. Apr 19, 2015
    Eight years after Batman disappeared, blamed for murder, Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) is a wounded recluse, but Gotham is vibrant — until masked maniac Bane (Tom Hardy) decides it’s high time to bring the city down. Facing this new threat and mysterious cat burglar Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway), Wayne decides the Dark Knight must rise, once again.

As ever, Nolan’s Batman is at its best in

As ever, Nolan’s Batman is at its best in the more intimate moments — whether it’s a man finally realising a hero’s identity, or the scene- (and jewellery-) stealing introduction of a new character. As slinky burglar Selina Kyle, Anne Hathaway is superb: physically dangerous, emotionally intriguing and sexy without milking it. (It’s a very different take from the Catwoman portrayed by Michelle Pfeiffer, but no less enjoyable.) As ambiguous as Kyle is, her journey shares with Wayne’s a sense of struggling for a fresh start, for a clean slate, ultimately for redemption.

89. Apr 23, 2015
    For most superhero franchises, the third movie is a trap. It's there that the Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher iteration of Batman started its rapid descent. It's there that the Christopher Reeve Superman saga had the wheels come off. It's there that Sam Raimi lost his way with Spider-Man. The list goes on. Movie #3, at least when it comes to a comic-book inspired series, is often one too many,For most superhero franchises, the third movie is a trap. It's there that the Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher iteration of Batman started its rapid descent. It's there that the Christopher Reeve Superman saga had the wheels come off. It's there that Sam Raimi lost his way with Spider-Man. The list goes on. Movie #3, at least when it comes to a comic-book inspired series, is often one too many, the result of greed not creative necessity. It's a little different with Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy, because the second sequel, named The Dark Knight Rises, is also the last chapter. And not having to plan for a fourth installment affords the filmmaker an extraordinary opportunity: the ability to conclude a superhero saga. That's something we really haven't seen before (although it kind-of, sort-of happened with X-Men). In fact, it's so rare that it could be argued that Nolan has ventured into virgin territory.

Nolan's decision to make The Dark Knight trilogy a self-contained series allows us to consider the previously unthinkable going in: Could Batman die? If there's a given in any superhero movie, it's that the title character will be around at the end credits. No spoilers here - I'm not going to reveal the Caped Crusader's fate - but the potential of his demise will be in many viewers' thoughts before they see the movie. And that's the genius of the way Nolan has sold and constructed his films. Never have the stakes been higher in a product of this genre.

The Dark Knight Rises is the longest, darkest, and most ambitious of the three. In the final assessment, it must be acknowledged that Nolan has perhaps overreached in trying to top The Dark Knight, yet this is by no means a failure. The structure is a little unwieldy, there's too much exposition and too little Batman, and one twist is transparent from the early going. The Dark Knight Rises ultimately justifies its length (in fact, a good argument could be made for a longer cut) and the last 45 minutes is nothing short of spectacular. From the point where the narrative takes a leap of faith, it never lets up.

Ambiguous endings have become something of a Nolan trademark, and one can interpret The Dark Knight Rises' final few scenes to be more or less optimistic, depending on your personal inclination. This is nowhere near as maddening as the concluding image of Inception, but neither is the resolution as clear-cut as it might initially seem.

Having delivered his full Batman saga, Nolan can move onto other projects content that he told the story he wanted to and did it to the best of his ability. Of the three movies, The Dark Knight stands as the strongest. It is the most edgy and daring of the three and, like The Empire Strikes Back, it flies in the face of a common perception that middle chapter of a trilogy is the least rewarding. Looking at the finale, The Dark Knight Rises is no Return of the Jedi. It's a more complete package without an Ewok in sight. It allows fans to leave the theater satiated and a little dazed, and possibly wanting to see it again to catch everything they missed the first time. Yes, there are flaws, but The Dark Knight Rises gives this Batman trilogy a platform high atop the superhero pyramid from which it may never be dislodged.
  90. May 3, 2015
    omg! Nolan! damn! perfect trilogy! absolutely perfect! what a beautiful finale! I love this series so much! so inspiring! it will be so hard for another film series of comic book or any film series to live up to this

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.