6.1

1. Dec 8, 2013
    This film is a disgrace portraying a real world problem with fantasy and pseudoscience that has undermined the need to address global warming. This film could have been done so much better if only it used real consequences of climate change and was set in the near future instead of apocalyptic rubbish...and that ending...what the was that? Talk about undermining the need to address climate change if the problem can be solved that easily. Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    It's a good movie...but I think I would have been happy without seeing it. It's just not right...but it's a good movie to watch. Just enjoy what you got here.
  3. Nov 4, 2013
    You can't deny that the visual effects in "The Day After Tomorrow" are stunning. However, after an exciting one and a half hour, the rest becomes increasingly dull where not much is happening.
  4. Sep 27, 2013
    The Day After Tomorrow is a summer blockbuster that has some great disaster scenes and a good musical score. Other than that, the movie doesn't have much more to offer.
  5. Apr 22, 2013
    Its just your regular apocalypse movie with the same old story. But what an amazing visual dazzle.
  6. Feb 26, 2013
    God I hope I move to New Zealand before this happens D:
  7. Feb 22, 2013
    In The Day After Tomorrow, the writers take a real life theory and magnify it by a billion, turning it into a apocalyptic special effects thrill ride. Something that is supposed to happen in thousands of years, happens in a couple days, with Jack and Sam Hall caught in the middle. While one is trapped in hard hit New York City, the other must track across the country to save him. Okay, it's a little cheesy and the acting isn't the best, but the special effects are some of the best I've ever seen. I like that it's based on fact and a look into a possible future, well beyond my lifetime and overall it was extremely entertaining. Many of my fellow reviews considered the film to be a warning on global warming, but that's really crazy. Unless you're Al Gore, you should see this movie for what it is. A bunch of smart writers having fun with a scientific theory that may or may not come true one day. Expand
  8. Jan 12, 2013
    Good special effects and entertaining.
  9. Jan 10, 2013
    The parts during the disasters were good, the parts with no disasters are bland.This movie lacks the emotion and the settings were the worst. A library is not a good place to set it, they should have just left the project instead of showing it.
  10. Nov 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An interesting (and, IMHO, entertaining) movie from, of all studios, FOX. The basic premise is that, for whatever reason, there is a drastic change in the climate system of the earth. The story is a classic 'scientist tries to warn people, but they won't listen' plot. Of course, when things hit the fan, it's already too late (though it would seem that nothing could have been done to prevent the change, but an early decision to evacuate people from a danger zone, roughly anything north of the 30th parallel, may have saved many people from death). I did like the special effects (though some of them, how can I say this, seemed 'forced'). The one major beef I have is that it seemed to drag on, maybe about 20 minutes longer than it should have. Also, the heavy-handed approach to global warming/climate change also seemed forced. Another thing is that it seemed like they director/producer were going out of their way to mock FOX news (not that I'm a fan of that network), to the point of ridiculousness (ie: "Tornadoes are attacking Los Angeles!). But, on the other hand, I particularly got a kick out of the actor playing the Vice President...IMO, a dead-ringer for Vice President Cheney. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2012
    Don't bother watching it. Not tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, or any other days after that.
  12. Oct 5, 2012
    This film is good - I like the characters but most of all I found the climate change plot fascinating. This made the intense scenes with the snow and the rain quite entertaining, but it was pretty emotionally intense as well. It's not a perfect film, but I enjoyed it when I was younger and I enjoyed it now. It still delivers brilliantly, and Jake Gyllenhaal is still as clever and gorgeous as usual. Expand
  13. Sep 1, 2012
    This movie thrives on the several action scenes it has. Everything else about it is a dull lazy script. I had no interest in what any of the characters were saying. Just show the tornadoes and tidal waves of destruction.
  14. Jul 16, 2012
    The Day After Tomorrow has no intention of sending some deep or subtle message to its audience. The film is meant to be sheer spectacle, and in that aspect, it succeeds.
  15. Jun 18, 2012
    At times 'The Day After Tomorrow' feels more like a made for television disaster miniseries than a AAA Hollywood title. You know, those movies we're excited about when first hear the outrageous plot (usually involving the destruction of iconic American landmarks) but are entirely disappointed when we actually watch it. However, this isn't because the special effects are cheap and unbelievable, but more so because the acting in this picture is incredibly bad. Paris Hilton bad. Now that's hot... err, bad. Watch this flick for the destruction scenes ONLY. Expand
  16. Mar 30, 2012
    Great Visuals and some very terrfying scenes about what nature can do but the acting and story are clumsy and the director mixes too much politics in the film. You will probably pay a lot more attention to the weather after this though.
  17. Feb 10, 2012
    Watchig tr movie right now in school. Its cool abd full of action
  18. Dec 29, 2011
    This is the best film about climate change! The effects are amazing. Is my favorite film after Titanic, there are many scenes of action. If you liked movies disaster this is your movie.
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    The Day After Tomorrow is one of Roland Emmerich's best films, it's enjoyable and has great SFX and is quite good for a disaster film.
  20. Oct 19, 2011
    A few of the characters in the movie may feel unnecessary and / or annoying, but in the end, the message shown in the film is that we must do something to save our Earth or else the future will witness something similar to what was shown.
  21. Oct 6, 2011
    "The Day after Tomorrow" starts in a broad scale with impressive visuals, but lacks the lasting appeal as well as the character depth. I can suspect where the movie wants itself headed to, but fails to execute in action.
  22. Sep 25, 2011
    Perhaps one of the better Roland Emmerich movies but that's not saying much as most of them suck despite being very financially successful. The Day After Tomorrow's special effects are great but characters are lacking. Take away the special effects from this movie and you will have very little left. There also is a really stupid scene with CGI animated wolves, completely unnecessary but what more can you expect from Roland Emmerich?â Expand
  23. Jun 11, 2011
    As Paleoclimatologist Jack Hall discovers that a large ice sheet has been sheared off, he realizes that it triggered a massive climate shift that would affect the world population. Meanwhile, as his son, Sam and his friends attend an event in New York, they discovered that it has been raining for three weeks, but little do they know that the world will be entering the new ice age. Jack and his two friends make an attempt to rescue his son while surviving cold temperatures that could kill them.

At times, the storyline and characters were undeveloped, but to give credit, the CGI looks cool and the moments with the storms were very intense and it keeps you interested in what's going on and sometimes the acting was pretty decent The Day After Tomorrow suffers from its lack of story and character, but keeps you interested with good CGI, good acting, and very good moments with the storms.

24. Jun 4, 2011
    Probably one of my favourite Emmerich film, next to Independence Day though I like it in a guilty pleasure kind of way. The acting is still tacky, scientific accuracy is out of the window and there are plot holes everywhere but at least the characters are actually slightly more human than the other Emmerich films because they actually look like they are struggling. The special effects are still good looking and though tacky, the acting wasn't as bad as from previous Emmerich films. Expand
  25. Jan 4, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie but if I had to pick between 2012 or this movie, I would probably pick 2012.
  26. Aug 14, 2010
    The Day After Tomorrow was a better movie than I expected. The characters were easy to know and were great in their roles. The story played nicely gradually growing in tension with a great climax. It obviously isn't perfect, but a movie worth seeing.

1. Reviewed by: Colin Kennedy
    Everybody is good at one thing, they say; for Emmerich, it's destruction.
  2. Reviewed by: Pete Vonder Haar
    The really good news is that the disaster money shots are some of the finest ever filmed.
    This highly entertaining spin on eco-catastrophe could turn the most meteorologically challenged among us into Weather Channel freaks.