6.3

1. May 2, 2012
    I loved this movie. It's funny and charming - the vitriolic reviews make no sense at all. Don't let them put you off - if you like romantic comedy as a genre then you'll love this movie.
  2. Apr 19, 2012
    I'm so sick of pretentious dribble by critics who slash movies because it might be too cute for their jaded taste. The hack job by the Voice is a perfect example. I loved it! And I grew up stimulated by Bergman, Bunuel and Godard. That's why I so appreciate a forum for "regular" folks to counteract critics' negativity. Decoy Bride won't change the world, but it will make you smile and laugh and maybe shed a tear. Boardwalk's Kelly Macdonald is brilliant as the charismatic center of this little movie, which continues a tradition of classic Scottish charmers like Local Hero. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 18, 2012
    It's indulgent, but Macdonald's performance is attractive and relaxed.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    Mar 16, 2012
    If you've seen most any rom-com you know where this one's headed. Unfortunately, under director Sheree Folkson's unsteady hand, getting there is more frustrating than fun.
  3. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Mar 10, 2012
    A bland romantic comedy in the Richard Curtis style, The Decoy Bride is mainly notable for its proof, if any was needed after "Boardwalk Empire," that Kelly Macdonald is a major talent.