The Fall

8.4

1. Dave
    Jul 17, 2008
    I have a hard time understanding all the 10's for this film. For me to give a 10, it has to be pretty much flawless, and this film was FAR from that. While it was extremely good visually, the story itself left a lot to be desired. In fact, if it wasn't for the great cinematography, I would probably give it a lower number. This was nowhere near the quality of some of the other I have a hard time understanding all the 10's for this film. For me to give a 10, it has to be pretty much flawless, and this film was FAR from that. While it was extremely good visually, the story itself left a lot to be desired. In fact, if it wasn't for the great cinematography, I would probably give it a lower number. This was nowhere near the quality of some of the other films I have seen this year such as The Edge of Heaven, Wall-E, 4 Months 3 Weeks and 2 Days or even Iron Man. Expand
  2. JamesN.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Beautiful but dumb, and frustrating because the concept could have be astounding. There needed to be less flamboyance, and more plot, and message.

1. Tarsem and his screenwriting collaborators aren't able to come up with enough interesting justifications for their sudden shifts, and soon the shape-shifting yarn just feels like lazy storytelling.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    This convoluted, arbitrary, overlong whimsy will strike most grown-ups as childish, and is far too violent and pretentious for kids.
    If the human details are often problematic, the IMAX-grade bombast, ceremonial camera, and Jodorowsky-esque eclecticism still combine for a singular spectacle.