6.6

1. Dec 16, 2010
    Why is this movie so great? Well 4 reasons:

1. Tokyo is a city built for racing, at night; ho **** fking ****
    2. Cars...dayum
    3. Girls, yum yumm. Naughty anime girls ;)
    4. Han is a fking champ. He's a boss. All star right there.
  2. Sep 12, 2010
    the reason i am giving this a six is because it doesn't show the same potential that the other 2 did. it provides a fair amount of action and suspense. however there is not as much character development and the other 2 especially the first movie provides more convincing acting
  3. Apr 5, 2015
    The Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift is dull and can honestly be skipped. The film spends way too much on time on cardboard characters and a story that is formulaic and predictable rather than focus on the fun action. This action when focused on doesn’t feel fun and exciting like it kind of did in the first one or like it did in the second but is boring. Some of the visuals are cool and oneThe Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift is dull and can honestly be skipped. The film spends way too much on time on cardboard characters and a story that is formulaic and predictable rather than focus on the fun action. This action when focused on doesn’t feel fun and exciting like it kind of did in the first one or like it did in the second but is boring. Some of the visuals are cool and one race is decent but I don’t care. The lack of substance or interesting characters has always been an issue in the franchise buts its especially prominent here when there is no one to attach to and the excessive time we spend with them. The ending to the film will bring in some smiles for reasons if you’ve seen it you know but over that than that there is no point. Hopefully that ending is a promise to do better next time because this film didn’t have a point to being watched. It could work as a spinoff but the franchise hasn’t reached the level where it could earn the right to do a spinoff and even then this wasn’t a decent spinoff. Hopefully next time the franchise gets its act together. Expand
  4. Jul 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I start, let me state that I have never seen a single Fast and the Furious movie until this one. So, from what I've heard, this movie has very little relation to the other movies because of new characters, so that was a good thing for me becuase I was able to follow the plot very easily, and enjoy the movie overall. Still, I wish the race at the end was a bit longer. Oh well, it was still a good movie nontheless. Expand
  5. Apr 22, 2011
    Not a great movie, but an enjoyable movie. i like most of the characters and the story was ok. i like the fast and furious series for the cars and this movie showcased some great street cars and good racing scenes
  6. Aug 23, 2014
    The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is decent, stoopid, lunk-headed fun. All sense of realism ditched? Check. Vaguely offensive stereotypes employed? Check. An obvious 30 year old actor trying to pass as a high-school student? Check. Yakuza boss hilariously dressed up as a character out of The Godfather? Check. Oh dear. This film is so tacky and bad that it actually winds up being kind of fun.
  7. May 21, 2011
    Drifting is NOT my thing. I like road racing, but I decided to see the movie when it came on cable, simply because it was a FATF movie. My favorite part was the very first race with the Viper, everything else was just barely enjoyable.
  8. May 10, 2011
    Not a stellar movie, but it was fun while it lasted. Luckily I saw it after the fact and not in theaters. The drifting was cool, and I'm a sucker for Japan so this sort of fell into a passing fling for me.
  9. Nov 27, 2011
    This Fast and Furious film was fun but not as good as the others. It had some good action but not as exciting as the previous films. It still has some fun parts
  10. Dec 18, 2011
    Despite not having Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, or Michelle Rodriguez, it's less dramatic than the first two, more sexy, even more awesome cars, and full of the action you expect and has a better car-racing concept than 2 Fast 2 Furious.
  11. Jun 5, 2013
    The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is the least popular of the Fast and Furious franchise but it's also the most underrated. While I thought the country accent was a little overblown and some of the cgi looked a little too obvious, the movie was really good. The plot is fresh and exciting, the acting is spot on, and the cars are great. That's honestly one of my only gripes with 2 Fast 2The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is the least popular of the Fast and Furious franchise but it's also the most underrated. While I thought the country accent was a little overblown and some of the cgi looked a little too obvious, the movie was really good. The plot is fresh and exciting, the acting is spot on, and the cars are great. That's honestly one of my only gripes with 2 Fast 2 Furious is that, while really entertaining, it got away from the car element quite a bit. This movie brought back the cool car factor that made the first film so special. Overall, while it wasn't as good as the first two, it was still a great movie in its own right and one that can stand alone without the others. Expand
  12. Feb 29, 2012
    What happens when none of your main cast want to commit themselves full-time to a sequel in a franchise? You say **** you!" and go ahead with the film anyway, of course! Tokyo Drift couldn't feel more out of place in the Fast and the Furious cash-cow farm if it were dressed in army fatigues and marched out on the front lines of the Vietnam war - the very fact that Paul Walker of all peopleWhat happens when none of your main cast want to commit themselves full-time to a sequel in a franchise? You say **** you!" and go ahead with the film anyway, of course! Tokyo Drift couldn't feel more out of place in the Fast and the Furious cash-cow farm if it were dressed in army fatigues and marched out on the front lines of the Vietnam war - the very fact that Paul Walker of all people left this script well-enough alone speaks volumes for the obnoxious tripe held within its pages. Our hero, the ridiculously accented, age confused yuppie, is so dopey and stupid in his delivery and very presence on the screen that it makes you think just how dangerous to the brain inhaling so much exhaust fume really is. When you are being out-acted by ****ing Bow Wow (whose presence in Tokyo is a mystery so intriguing that that he could have his own spin-off) it's time to just walk away from Hollywood in shame. Considering Lucas Black has only had four small-time parts in the six years since this travesty, it seems someone else shared my thoughts. Okay, so let's give the movie a chance and dissect the plot for a minute. Black is a high-school student (at 24 years old, somehow) who races cars, and in order to avoid being convicted of reckless driving charges, he moves to Tokyo. HOLY ****ING **** Now, it's not like the stories of the other films in the series were oscar-winning masterpieces, but this third instalment is so small in its scope that itââ Expand
  13. Aug 28, 2014
    I was a bit confused when Sean (Lucas Black) arrived to Tokyo with his prominent accent, and still he didn't make contact with any of the heroes from the previous two movies. Around that time I realized that this is a bit of a spin off from the previous Fast & Furious movies: new characters, new digs, new kind of driving.

After that became clear, the movie was quite enjoyable, less

After that became clear, the movie was quite enjoyable, less hectic and confusing, and almost interesting. There were not many unnecessary elements, some of the characters were made of awesome (like Han, who later shows his face in movies 4 and 5, Fast & Furious and Fast Five). Of course there were also needless, stupid characters like Twinkie, and in the end I don't think the romantic angle with Neela worked all that well either.

The story was good, though, and there seemed to be a lot less driving than there was talking. The end with the yakuza-uncle being involved was a little weird, but unsurprisingly things worked out and heroes prevailed in the end.

Not the best part in the franchise, but earns its place within the family.
  14. Jun 4, 2013
    While the drift aspect of the film was a nice change up and the racing scenes were well put together, I absolutely hated the plot. I mean 20+ year old actors playing high school kids involved with the Yakuza, What a joke. The dialogue is so bad at times that it's laughable, Especially near the end of the film.

Overall, The racing scenes keep you interested and made the film more

Overall, The racing scenes keep you interested and made the film more enjoyable then I thought it would be. It wasn't that bad but the film failed to live up to it's potential. Worth giving a shot, Just don't go into it with high hopes. Still enjoyed it more then 2 Fast 2 Furious, That movie was just plain awful.
  15. Mar 8, 2014
    It's just the same mindless car chases that we have already seen in the two previous installments. The plot is messy, the film is noisy, and it has nowhere new to go.
  16. Nov 9, 2012
    Why? Money. How? As quickly and easily as possible. The result? A terrible script, wooden characters, and pathetic cinematography.
  17. May 30, 2013
    If you like races then this is the movie for you. If your actually smart, then you know that Tokyo Drift is not worth watching at all. It loses all signs of an even remotely good cast, and can only provide messy scenes to make up for it.
  18. Aug 20, 2014
    "I have money, it's trust and character I need around me. You know, who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are. One car in exchange for knowing what a man's made of? That's a price I can live with.Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back." - Han
    This movie..is fu****g great. What a beautiful cars...like DK 350Z and Shawn EVO...and ...Soundtracks are ...wow. All cast is great. It's my best Racing Movie.
  19. Oct 24, 2013
    Eye-popping driving sequences coupled with a limp story and flat performances make this Drift an adequate follow-up to the previous Fast and Furious installments. Strictly for the racing crowd and fans of the first two films. A number of questions spring to mind when considering The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Can the movies possibly get any faster or more furious? What exactly isEye-popping driving sequences coupled with a limp story and flat performances make this Drift an adequate follow-up to the previous Fast and Furious installments. Strictly for the racing crowd and fans of the first two films. A number of questions spring to mind when considering The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Can the movies possibly get any faster or more furious? What exactly is the Tokyo Drift? And does Al Gore know what we can do to stop it? Expand
  20. Jul 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie had the potential, but it unfortunatly greatly missed what it could've been. I found it very dissapointing as well because Han died and I really liked him and the movie should've been more like its prodecessors, suspenseful, entertaining and hilarious, which all failed to appear. Expand
  21. Dec 14, 2013
    The plot never really takes off and the characters seem unnecessary. Even the scope is small and racing scenes derivative. But it's still somewhat entertaining to watch.
  22. chw
    Jul 20, 2014
    The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift wasn't the best Fast and Furious movie, but it was the fourth good one, after 1. Fast & Furious 6 2. Fast Five and 3. The Fast and the Furious (2001).
  23. Nov 9, 2014
  24. Nov 4, 2014
    Do not know why, but for me this movie is perfect. Cars, city, girls, everything I like. The film is even interesnat and makes you attract certain characters, and there are many Han matter where I gave note 10.
  25. Oct 12, 2014
    Though it's considered the worst in the franchise, Tokyo Drift has more heart to the story,despite the bad acting and is the only one in the franchise that has unique car chases made really well.
  26. Sep 5, 2014
    A strange departure from the previous F & F films and the subsequent F & F films in that it didn't feature Vin Diesel or Paul Walker or Michelle Rodriguez. In other words it was kind of a dud. It was also a step down from the other F & F films in terms of the story line surrounded a High School senior who liked to street race. The other F & F films are about adults who are part of theA strange departure from the previous F & F films and the subsequent F & F films in that it didn't feature Vin Diesel or Paul Walker or Michelle Rodriguez. In other words it was kind of a dud. It was also a step down from the other F & F films in terms of the story line surrounded a High School senior who liked to street race. The other F & F films are about adults who are part of the street racing world as a way of life-not folk trying to balance their relationship with their parents & school & street racing. It just isn't the same thing. There was an element of the adult world in the presence of a Yakuza gangster in Tokyo Drift but it wasn't comparable to anything else in the rest of the F & F franchise. As a stand alone project it is also hit miss-claiming that drift driving originated in Japan-when rally racers in Europe had been doing it long before DVD's ever existed. So, what can I say that good about it-its a good portrayal of spoiled western teens living in Tokyo with possessions that include custom cars. There isn't much good I can say about basically because it basically isn't a good movie. Expand
  27. Feb 12, 2015
    The best Fast and Furious movie ever. I like the start when Clay smashes the window on Sean's car, the ending race and Han's crash which turned out to be revenge. And the cars were the best Fast and Furious cars I've ever seen. Why do people hate on this, it's awesome.
  28. Feb 17, 2015
    Great movie. Yes i know, it is not the same as the other Fast & Furious movies, but i still loved it! I really liked the idea of drifting, and the characters were great and they brought a big amount of extra joy to the movie.
  29. Apr 8, 2015
    Daft but enjoyable. Highlight of the film is the dockside cameo appearance of Keiichi Tsuchiya, the original drift king, whilst the hero is learning to drift. Another is the the fact that the film includes a white Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86, the car with which Keiichi is most associated. (In the UK this car was sold as the Corolla GT coupe). (It is a similar moment to that in GremlinsDaft but enjoyable. Highlight of the film is the dockside cameo appearance of Keiichi Tsuchiya, the original drift king, whilst the hero is learning to drift. Another is the the fact that the film includes a white Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86, the car with which Keiichi is most associated. (In the UK this car was sold as the Corolla GT coupe). (It is a similar moment to that in Gremlins when you see the AMC Gremlin parked at the side of the road - I think I was the only person to laugh at this point in a UK cinema.) The depiction of the actors as school children is completely ridiculous but the action scenes are mostly well done Expand

1. It's not much of a movie, but a hell of a ride. So what if the movie dumbs down Japanese culture to a bad yakuza movie and features Japanese characters who can barely speak Japanese? The cars are the stars here. Everything else is lost in translation.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Pumping high-performance gas back into the series after a second lap sputter, third entry stays in high gear most of the way with several exhilarating racing sequences, and benefits greatly from the evocative Japanese setting.
    It's all about eye candy and the quick tease. It's not over fast enough.