4.9

1. WillC
    Sep 1, 2009
    This is a film where you have to leave your IQ at the door. You can't think too deeply about it. But the kills weren't as inventive as previous films and there are only so many times you can light a trail of gasoline. The final death was really really uninventive but there were so great moments, especially the escalator and the car wash. This gets a 7 with 3D, but it gets a 5 This is a film where you have to leave your IQ at the door. You can't think too deeply about it. But the kills weren't as inventive as previous films and there are only so many times you can light a trail of gasoline. The final death was really really uninventive but there were so great moments, especially the escalator and the car wash. This gets a 7 with 3D, but it gets a 5 without it. Expand
  2. Nov 3, 2011
    It's not the best of the franchise, but it is good. Yet again, it goes overboard with blood, guts and gore but hey, what do you expect? It's Final Destination we're talking about here! The deaths are gruesome and the freak accident is okay. The storyline is a bit shaky but it's quite a good movie.
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    Well is a short film with violent deaths that surprises even more. not a serious movie like the previous but still contains the suspense in the deaths of the characters.
  4. Feb 22, 2014
    Poor 3D effects (in the DVD) but hey, it comes with 3d glasses which can be used elsewhere. The deaths are good, the story is good, but what brings it down is the poor 3D.
  5. Sep 22, 2011
    This is it. "The Final Destination". Its MUST BE the last of its franchise. With its inane plot and overly exaggerated ("Saw" was better at it) deaths of teens, the film is a good example for considering to end the franchise.
  6. Dec 1, 2010
    this movie is just bad just like the ones before it. Hollywood has pretty much made the same movie 4 different time and there going to do it again in 2011 with final destination . the acting was horrible and the special affects were just as horrible. If you are not watching it for free you are wasting your money
  7. RJ
    Aug 30, 2009
    Uninspired acting and script lead to a very disappointing effort on all levels. This should be the end to a series that started fresh and ended stale.
  8. SebastianR.
    Jan 10, 2010
    Where as the first and second films imbued the audience with a palpable sense of dread, this fourth entry in the ever burgeoning franchise has a cast of charisma bypass victims twiddling their collective thumbs in bewteen some of the most unconvincing CGI gore effects layden "creative" deaths ever committed to film.
  9. DeanC.
    Aug 30, 2009
    A truly terrible film. The kills have little imagination and the 3D adds nothing to the movie.
  10. burguerk
    Sep 14, 2009
    By far the worst movie of the final destination saga. It began well but after i didn't even figured out why it was on 3d...stupid and illogical deaths, bad acting, bad ending.
  11. ScottO.
    Sep 1, 2009
    Was looking forward to this being released and was disapointed as i came out the cinema.I gave it a 2 just for the 3D aspect of the film. No story line what so ever. Not Scary. Not Funny and awful acting.
  12. JordanL
    Sep 2, 2009
    This movie totally sucked I was expecting more creative ways of death. Was not worth my ten bucks!
  13. AswinW.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Bad movie from the series. Same old storyline as it had bad acting and short too. Death scenes looked idiotic..should have straight to DVD.
  14. M.E.
    Sep 6, 2009
    So abysmal I felt compelled to create an account to just warn any poor fool who wanders into this garbage by accident. Don't bother with the 3D as it was seemingly added as an afterthought and was almost entirely unnoticeable. Though my forehead was raw from slapping it every time a ceiling fan (or entire structure for that matter) was just one loose screw from starting an impossibly So abysmal I felt compelled to create an account to just warn any poor fool who wanders into this garbage by accident. Don't bother with the 3D as it was seemingly added as an afterthought and was almost entirely unnoticeable. Though my forehead was raw from slapping it every time a ceiling fan (or entire structure for that matter) was just one loose screw from starting an impossibly ridiculous Rube Goldberg device of death, the over the top gory deaths were mildly humorous in execution (pun intended). It goes from bad to worse in the closing scene when the writers apparently ran out of time or had to make another beer run, and decided to wrap this up in the most uninspired way possible. If you ever do see this movie, I'd recommend putting it on in the background while shooting the breeze with a few buddies and muting the bored sounding frat boys and girls to a indistinguishable buzz. Oh and definitely don't pay eight bucks for it. Expand
  15. JoaoT.
    Jan 16, 2010
    Effects are really bad, way way far from reality.
  16. BobS.
    Jan 8, 2010
    I decided to take James B's advice and Went with a pile of my friends... THis movie was absolutely terrible but my friends were hilarious... To me it was the closest you could get to a real life Looney Tunes... Anyways, We got kicked out halfway through because when one of the main characters died (can't remember the name) died on of my friends went up to the screen and went on I decided to take James B's advice and Went with a pile of my friends... THis movie was absolutely terrible but my friends were hilarious... To me it was the closest you could get to a real life Looney Tunes... Anyways, We got kicked out halfway through because when one of the main characters died (can't remember the name) died on of my friends went up to the screen and went on his knees and yealled, "NOOOOOOOO." Anyways, the movie sucks but James B was right, bring friends if you're going to watch it. Expand
  17. MarkM.
    Aug 28, 2009
    Calling it an absolute nightmare would be giving this movie more credit than it's due. Aside from a somewhat entertaining opening bloodbath, this movie falls flat quick regardless of it being in 3D. The acting is a wreck from everyone involved. Some instances were so ludicrous it would leave you baffled. The main characters are shown absolutely unphased that one of their close Calling it an absolute nightmare would be giving this movie more credit than it's due. Aside from a somewhat entertaining opening bloodbath, this movie falls flat quick regardless of it being in 3D. The acting is a wreck from everyone involved. Some instances were so ludicrous it would leave you baffled. The main characters are shown absolutely unphased that one of their close friends had just died in the previous scene and hardly ever refer to the incident afterward. Really? Any heart or sentiment that was attempted to be injected into the movie on behalf of the security guard's character seemed forced and fake. What is enjoyable about this movie however is how much you'll be laughing if you just accept the movie's absurdity. I honestly haven't laughed as hard this year during any other movie, but seeing as "comedy" isn't an applicable genre, the unintentional sdiesplitting situations will leave a sour taste in your mouth when the whole dreadful ride is over. Skip it. Expand
  18. marcelp
    Aug 29, 2009
    It was too predictable...skip it.
  19. HarryB.
    Sep 6, 2009
    Here's the twist at the end: every main character dies.
  20. ArianoA.
    Nov 19, 2009
    This movie is yet another struggle to achieve its first movie glory with very little success. The interesting plot of the story is destroyed by the violence that predominates the movie. This movie is easy to predict and annoying.
  21. Kenny
    Nov 4, 2009
    I do not understand how they can shoot the same movie over and over again. It's more of the same. The movie is predictable from start to that end, and if you've seen the 3 above will know exactly what will happen at any time. Absurd and ridiculous plot, which is always the same factor, a misplaced object that can trigger a domino effect where the stupid end someone dies.
  22. KrisH
    Aug 28, 2009
    Worst in the series. Horrible ending and some of the worst acting of them all. Intro credits were the best part. It went downhill from there.
  23. ChadS.
    Aug 28, 2009
    Artistry redeems any subject matter, some say(in particular, Roger Ebert), so even a junky horror movie like this franchise's immediate predecessor can achieve a moderate level of greatness, which is no small feat, since the filmmaker has to abide by a constrictive narrative that's both rote and pedestrian. People died in "Final Destination 3", but they died with undeniable Artistry redeems any subject matter, some say(in particular, Roger Ebert), so even a junky horror movie like this franchise's immediate predecessor can achieve a moderate level of greatness, which is no small feat, since the filmmaker has to abide by a constrictive narrative that's both rote and pedestrian. People died in "Final Destination 3", but they died with undeniable pizazz, especially during the opening sequence at the amusement park involving a derailed rollercoaster. The build-up was terrific, truly suspenseful; a nifty piece of filmmaking that set the tone for more infectious, degenerate fun. To die under the helm of a skillful filmmaker, arguably, is not to die in vain, as Ebert says, artistry redeems any subject matter, so by definition, not all hyper-violent movies, horror, in particular(his quote was attributed to John Carpenter's "Halloween"), are categorically not without redemption. But "Final Destination 3" was a rare exception. Conversely, the opening sequence of this franchise's follow-up is nothing but cheap thrills, en route to more cheap thrills without artistry. In "The Final Destination", there's nothing to finesse the formulaic story, in which each new plot point will be, more or less, the same as the last one: some crueler and bloodier than others, and all with the same tedious chain reaction set-up. Despite all the stupid teenagers and stupider montages, the film does contain one transcendent moment. Whereas Quentin Tarantino("Inglourious Basterds") is charged with not being serious about the Holocaust in some quarters, the same could be said about the movie's evocation of civil rights movement narratives, in which an avenging redneck(the film stereotypes NASCAR's fanbase), whose racist act towards the black security guard is thwarted by fate, plays like a goof on Alan Parker's "Mississippi Burning", and other movies of its ilk. Expand
  24. CaseyM
    Sep 11, 2009
    One of the worst movies I've seen in years. Not only are all the deaths of the characters highly illogical, they're not even made believably. And don't even get me started about the ending.
  25. guyt
    Sep 23, 2009
    Hilarious. but in a terrible terrible way. this couldn't be more of a blatant attempt to squeeze the last bit of the possible money out of the final destination series. if you watched this alone you'd be disgusted. watch it with friends and you'll simply chuckle for an hour and a half at the sheer tradegy that is the deaths, acting and very fake looking affects. this is not Hilarious. but in a terrible terrible way. this couldn't be more of a blatant attempt to squeeze the last bit of the possible money out of the final destination series. if you watched this alone you'd be disgusted. watch it with friends and you'll simply chuckle for an hour and a half at the sheer tradegy that is the deaths, acting and very fake looking affects. this is not state of the art stuff. even if you loved the other FDs, wait till it's on channel at 1am in a few months time. trust me. Expand
  26. Oct 17, 2010
    The 3D was one of the better uses I have seen but the actual plot was so boring and so predictable. I hadn't seen any of the other Final Destination films before this and I will not be delving into Blockbuster to find the others. Pure tripe.
  27. Sep 20, 2010
    Too much acceleration makes this movie worst. Too much visually violent without considering a harmonized story telling make this movie even worst and worst.
  28. May 13, 2011
    This movie is amazing, the effects are great, the deaths are grisly, by far, the best final destination of them all. All my friends love it and i cant blame them. I LOVE IT!!!!! the blood and gore adds to the thrill- TWO THUMBS UP
  29. TTT
    Aug 19, 2011
    The good of this film is the incredible effects and the violence by characteristic of the genus.Some creative element, but a very badass movie...

1. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    With an array of gory mayhem only marginally enhanced by 3-D and a plot as developed as a text message, The Final Destination may finally sound the death knell for New Line's near-immortal horror franchise.
  2. The characters aren't fully formed enough to care about, the humor is baseball-bat dull, and the story - such as it is - is never treated as anything more than a half-hearted means to get the audiences from one spectacular snuffing to the next.
    The whole movie is just one increasingly dull roll downhill. The same could be said for this once-fresh franchise.