Lionsgate | Release Date: August 23, 2013
6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 59 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ThegodfathersonAug 23, 2013
It's been so long since Nicolas Cage has starred in a straightforward thriller playing a realistic character that "The Frozen Ground" feels like a shock to the system his, and ours. And Cage, without having to play a ghostly motorcyclist orIt's been so long since Nicolas Cage has starred in a straightforward thriller playing a realistic character that "The Frozen Ground" feels like a shock to the system his, and ours. And Cage, without having to play a ghostly motorcyclist or hot rod driver from Hell or sorcerer or sci-fi hero or kinky cop, reminds us that he used to know subtlety. So even if "Frozen Ground" breaks little new ground in the serial-killer thriller genre, there's hope Cage will leave the ham behind before Alaska freezes over. Expand
Alaskan121Aug 31, 2013
I have been waiting for this movie for 2 yrs. Actually saw N Cage and others at hospital I was working while it was being filmed. All of Alaska knows of this terrible true story.

Camera work ruined the film- shakey-jerking- sometimes

Camera work ruined the film- shakey-jerking- sometimes showing the actor for 10 seconds before you can even focus in and they spin the shot somewhere else...often 5 times in a 60 second period !!
Most scenes are so close up that the chin and hair line is cut off of the picture.
Wasted opportunity for great Alaska scenery as it was snowing that Nov when they filmed
All Alaskans will be let down
ScottMcKoneNov 5, 2013
There's really no excuse for this film being as bad as it is. Despite tons of on screen talent it's destroyed by poor story telling and paper thin characters. With this subject matter and being based in reality it should be a story that grabsThere's really no excuse for this film being as bad as it is. Despite tons of on screen talent it's destroyed by poor story telling and paper thin characters. With this subject matter and being based in reality it should be a story that grabs and never lets go. Unfortunately someone feels that shaking the camera is all it takes to hold an audience. The script is wordy to the point of dull and the concept of pacing is non existent. All in all, just a truly poorly executed film. My biggest movie let down so far this year. Expand