5.4

1. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    Hangover 3 simply got too serious. This was not the comedy i had been waiting for. An intervention for Christ's sake? What was the point of this 'end' to the trilogy? What were the film makers trying to say here? 'ok guys, funs over everybody go home now...' dissatisfied and disappointed with this flick. Although I loved hangover 2, its plot seemed the exact same as the first. So ill give this one a 1 for at least trying something different. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow the Original Hangover was a classic, and part 3 is not as good, but it`s not as bad as the rating. I think people people are just comparing it to the original to much. It does start off slow, but in my opinion once it gets going it turn into a fun adventure.I will say they forgot to go with the title until the end after some of the credits. Expand
  3. Jan 22, 2014
    I would say, the Godfather of comedy, being sold as parts 1,2 and now 3. Wow, what a surprise with 2 sequels in the series. They're all funny and have their own enjoyment, but I feel the last 2 movies have weak story lines and could have been squeezed together. Hangover Part 3 was enjoyable for me but alike the previous film doesn't aspire but feeds inspiration of past events. It's sadly just a money grab to make sequels because all in all Hangover 3, alike the Godfather is the weakest of the three. Expand
  4. Jan 18, 2014
    [REUPLOAD]
    I've always been a fan of The Hangover series, not much for the comedy itself but for the plot. It's not a complex plot, but it's a good plot for a comedy movie series and makes it easy for characters to react in a whole plethora of situations. This was clearly the least funny of The Hangover series, but I still slightly enjoyed it. It made me laugh occasionally, but I felt
    they were trying too hard to push the Alan jokes, due to his positive fan feedback from the previous films. My favorite part about this movie is that it gives good closure for the characters we've come to love in the previous films and that it makes a lot of references to the previous films as if 2009 was just yesterday. The Hangover didn't have to have to be a trilogy and frankly it shouldn't have been one, but at least they ended it right. Expand
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    The Hangover Part III is the conclusion to the so called Hangover trilogy. It has more misadventures with Stu, Allan, Phil and most importantly Chow. Allan has been off his meds so Tracy and the rest of his friends bring up the suggestion of Phil, Stu, and Doug to drive him to a rehabilitation center. This of Course goes awry. You later find out that Leslie Chow stole 21 million dollars from this guy named Marshal. Marshall is quite angered by this and kidnaps the "Wolfpack". Marshal then lets Stu, Allan and Phil go, but kidnaps Doug. He gives Stu, Phil and Allan the task of bringing him Chow or they will kill Doug. I am not going to write anymore because I don't want to spoil the movie for those individuals who might find this title funny and or somewhat interesting. This movie had its funny moments but lacked plot development and character chemistry which was present in the previous two movies. Overall this movie had a weak plot and could have used a little bit more funny scenes. I will end my review with this, you should watch the end credits because there is a funny scene at the end. Expand
  6. Dec 23, 2013
    Compare to the first two films, this one was an insult to those who was in love with the series from Day 1. There was no hangover and it was a total catastrophe. I should have gone to watch this with my girlfriend where a little lip action would have distracted me from going through this comedic disaster.
  7. Dec 21, 2013
    Part 1 was fantastic and a truly different comedy movie, definitely and defiantly better than other comedies of a similar genre. Part 2 was decent (even though they recycled the same exact plot from Part 1), due to an impressive performance by Ken Jeong. How many times can you repeat the same exact jokes and plot? To be honest, this comedy lacked momentum and had lazy acting with somewhat poor production values. And yes, I know how hard it is to make a 'good' comedy sequel, let alone a prequel. Expand
  8. Dec 21, 2013
    It should not be part of the saga, the saga ended and this is the second round and after what happened with the previous. Mala Starring Ken Jeong's. A few funny moments but achieved its purpose. Has good frame, good performances and the best 3 minutes after a few credits.
  9. Dec 20, 2013
    Esta pelicula no me gusto tanto, tuvo una comedia absurda y sin sentido."The Hangover Part III" no fue igual a las dos primeras entregas, esta tuvo un tono mas oscuro y un argumento con poco sentido.De esta entrega solo me gustaron algunas escenas.
  10. Dec 13, 2013
    Unfunny, left me bored and just disappointed. it seems like much of the star cast has lost their charisma over the trilogy. I went to go see it with my freands and well that usually causes laughs no matter what the film.... but i watched the whole thing in dead silence, Me and my freands resorted to throwing popcorn around which i found was a lot more entertaining.
  11. Dec 9, 2013
    A funny action adventure that is weirdly endearing. People claim that is tries to be much darker or serious than the other ones, but it is still silly fun. The movie certainly redeemed itself from the 2nd one.
  12. Dec 8, 2013
    I liked this movie, its note quite as enjoyable as the firts and the second, but its fun and entertaining. I recommend it, but not give it high hopes.
  13. Nov 27, 2013
    This was a very funny movie but some parts were wrong lol. I was left feeling guilty for watching this afterwards. Like as if i stood by as someone drank themselves to death. Dark humor hilarious but over done not so much.
  14. Nov 11, 2013
    This was an absolutely amazing film, I couldn't stop laughing throughout. Full of many hilarious and awesome scenes. Definitely watch it, as well as the first 2 movies.
  15. Nov 11, 2013
    the second hangover felt old and unoriginal and the third feels even
    more so but it still made me laugh more than most comedies out there.
    There were lots of memorable hilarious moments even though they were
    treading on the same common ground. Zack galifikanisiicis delivers the one liners and Chow is back with a big part and made me laugh quite a few times. Sure it feels the same and we
    all want more but as far as comedies go the point is to make you laugh and this movie achieves that more than most other comedies and for that I feel its a success. The ending actually makes you wonder what a fourth movie would be like with the addition of a new character. Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2013
    Another disappointing sequel to one of the most beloved comedies of this generation.

Stupid story that doesn't quite make sense in many aspects, not much laughs, and boring action just makes me not interested at times.

At other times, the movie got quite funny with Galafanakis stealing the show. He is the only one that really shines out of the Wolfpack still. With his one-liners and
    great acting he was easily a savior in the movie. It was a thrillride since you didn't know what was going to happen to many of your favorite characters. Much more enjoyable than three but not as good in terms of story, characters, and action.

A fun comedy to watch if you are bored or enjoyed the previous two.
  17. Nov 9, 2013
    There's just no way around it: The Hangover could have used a third (and final, hopefully) installment, but this is NOT good enough, in any way, shape or form, to match up to the excellent original and solid sequel.

The main issue is the plot, which feels as hashed together as I can imagine the entire film was. The performances of the main characters are still as solid as they've ever
    been, but Bradley Cooper has come a long way in between Hangovers and his presence is almost...overbearing? It's hard to pinpoint, but none of the actors (including a more involved Ken Jeong as Chow and a unnecessarily involved John Goodman as the film's antagonist) are helped by the thin and void story.

Without spoiling it, I'll just say that the plot itself chokes the humor out of the film. Each of the previous Hangovers worked by creating situations that were, in and of themselves, hilarious, and then adding the reactions of a handful of excellent comedic actors. A bit of improv must have come into play as well, and even that feels cut off for most of Part III. The potential danger that created the tension in the first two films is diluted to the point where it doesn't work how it's supposed to work: as a platform for the humor. Nothing is better than a good laugh when you might be expecting things to go wrong...and even when they go wrong in Part III, you can't seem to find it in you to care as you once did.

In the end, you'll most likely wonder, like myself, why any of this had to happen in the first place. I'm not talking about the film, but the story within, which is absolutely ridiculous to begin with and gets no better as it continues to unfold. There are some truly funny moments...with such an impressive cast, it was an impossibility to completely avoid that. But these are too far between a shoddy script to justify itself. A poor idea laced into a great overall idea (concluding the series with a bang) makes the entire thing...below itself as a franchise installment.
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    It's like an ignorant child trying to grab attention, it's annoying and a pain in the ass. At-least Ken Jeong made me laugh at some scenes in the movie.
    (2 for Ken Jeong)
  19. Nov 3, 2013
    Outrageous and sometimes hilarious, but for the most part its a retread of the events/scenarios of the previous Hangover films with only the setting being the newest addition and biggest difference. The acting is great and I am most fond of Zach Galifianakis reprising his role as Allen who is clearly the best character of the wolfpack. This is not a very good sequel.
  20. Oct 24, 2013
    This movie wasn't actually terrible. I probably liked it more because I expected it would be terrible. I actually enjoyed it and it made me laugh. It is definitely not the first Hangover but was better than a lot of recent comedies. I am a fan of Ken Jeong from Community so I enjoy his character. With watching if you've seen the other two.
  21. Oct 11, 2013
    Part III of The Hangover trilogy is actually quite good, it is not better than the first or second but its as entertaining as the first two installments. Zach Galifianakis is great, as well as the other members of the wolf pack. Some familiar characters return like Chow and he is god dam hilarious. They also return to Las Vegas. This is a good sequel and is very underrated.
  22. Oct 9, 2013
    I think its fun to watch.Really a great movie to watch.Alan doing a great job.excellent to watch ...i think todd doing great and should be proud of himself.
  23. Oct 7, 2013
    I kinda thought they were pushing the envelope by making a second one but a third one may have been too much. While the film has its funny moments, the movie ends up being a little dark and most of the funny moments are too far and few between. While dark comedies are great, this movie just forgot to add the comedy part of the dark comedy and what follows is something that, with a few edits, could end up being a crime drama that somehow stars Zach Galifianakis...and speaking of Zach, his character of Alan is the dominate one of the story and that might be one of the film's biggest mistakes as they push Stu (Ed Helms) and Phil (Bradley Cooper) into the background and they rarely get to be funny. While Alan is funny and stole the first film, too much of him may be a bad thing. However, the film added Melissa McCarthy to the cast and John Goodman and all his god-like powers of acting shows up, so the movie redeems points there. "The Hangover Part III" may not be in the same league as the film that started it all, it was still a decent film for this trilogy to end on. Expand
  24. Oct 7, 2013
    It is not even close to the previous sections, poor pointless story, but I would not call it. Except for gag couple bored of it all, it was a waste of money. Too bad for him.
  25. Sep 26, 2013
    Metascore don't even close to real rating for Hangover 3. It's funny, it's interesting, it's crazy and there is Zach Galifianakis! I can't prove that film really responsible for 10, but totally could say that ultimate metascore for Part 3- it's 8, and if i saw 5.6 now i need to rise score, so i put 10.

Film not for watching repeatedly 247, but one-two times perfect.
  26. Aug 20, 2013
    Hollywood really shouldn't have made more than one Hangover movie, and we shouldn't be encouraging them by watching.

Boring, unoriginal, cringe-worthy drivel. Total garbage.
  27. Aug 8, 2013
    The Wolfpack is back. Someone please tell them to go home.

Todd Philips returns to direct The Hangover series with his last entry (hopefully). The movie follows Stu, Phil, and Alan (Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis) once again on another crazy adventure except this time…they don’t even get hungover! What’s up with that? Instead, these guys have to track down Leslie Chow,
    their old “friend” from the first two movies, to steal a large amount of money from him to give to Marshal, a Kingpin of some sorts per say. After the plot unravels, I felt this movie had a chance but it just went straight downhill and did not come back up. The movie did not even feel like a comedy, something even The Hangover: Part II seemed to do right. Instead, this movie felt like kind of a crappy action-thriller. There were precisely two scenes I can remember from this movie that made me laugh, besides the parts already shown in the trailer. I did enjoy the few scenes where they revisited places from the original movie because that’s where all the sweet memories lie of this series, to be honest. The movie is about an hour and a half but the whole time, I really was just waiting for the movie to be over with. Todd Philips, The Hangover was brilliant. Even The Hangover: Part II had more laughs than this film…please let this series be over with. Expand
  28. Jul 30, 2013
    Not as good as the first two I know. However, they had to change it up a little. This movie was mean't to end the series not leave an opening for another one (although it sort of did). I liked the new additions of John Goodman and Melissa McCarthy. I also liked seeing Black Doug again. The movie needed more lines for Stu and Phil but I understand the movie was based around Alan. Give it and shot and understand it is not as good as the first too so you may not be as disappointed. (Watch the credits for a really funny extra scene) Expand
  29. Jul 29, 2013
    The acting is solid, There are bits of comedy through out but no where near as funny as the previous films (well you may get a chuckle but you won't burst out laughing). The plot is solid as well and ties in well with the previous films. The biggest disappointment by far is lack of Mike Tyson, They had a part in the film where they go into a house with a skinned Tiger rug on the couch, It would have been perfectly for a Tyson plug in there but sadly he was a no show.

Overall, while The Hangover Part 3 doesn't do any one thing good, It does solid on all levels and it was a very fitting end to the series. Critics were far too harsh on this movie, It was far better then what they made it out to be.

1. Reviewed by: Odie Henderson
    Jun 6, 2013
    The Hangover Part III plays more like a caper film — “Alan’s Eleven,” perhaps — than a comedy. While Phillips ably handles the action sequences, he and co-screenwriter Craig Mazin can’t juggle both genres in the screenplay.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Rose
    May 27, 2013
    This is less a caper than a trudge; a linear adventure that proceeds in fits and starts, with few surprises and fewer laughs. There's barely even a hangover.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Groen
    May 23, 2013
    Not just bad, but weirdly, fascinatingly bad.