5.8

1. Williethefree
    Jun 24, 2008
    The best Overseas in the boxoffice, Hulk in second place, only USA seems to hate it, relax my friends!.
  2. CharlesX
    Jun 24, 2008
    Holley Joel Osment, Abigail Breslin, Bryce Dallas Howard and others were well known all around the world thanks to Night S. ...will happened one more time. ah, I like it very much, much much!.
  3. EvelynC.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Apparently is a horror movie, I could remember 3 of my classics in its development, Birds, Signs and The night of the living dead, fortunately there are no zombies.
  4. BrennanX.
    Jun 24, 2008
    We can find another type of actor : B. Willis, J. Phoenix, Mel Gibson, Now Mark W. in this picture thanks to its director, for me one of his 4 best pictures ( of 8 ).
  5. MikeS.
    Jun 25, 2008
    I can not be so cruel talking bad about the best mystery & suspense movie of the year. Even my children liked it.
  6. RennoWild
    Jun 25, 2008
    A stupid script and shallow performances?, Maybe who wrote that is a writer of fabulous and perfect scripts !, agree it is not perfect but has more virtues than mistakes, why so serious and borin'? I enjoyed the picture.
  7. YamohanW.
    Jun 25, 2008
    It would be a classic for fans either for who really know how appreciate a good thriller, what an atmosphere of suspense!.
  8. ViggoL.
    Jun 26, 2008
    My big surprise was the behavior and result of Spencer Breslin's character, the movie en general looks very very good !.
  9. TityP.
    Jun 26, 2008
    All my respect and admiration for who wrote 2 of my favorites scripts, The 6th sense and The Village, this is not so good, but like always he got surprises me with his creativity.
  10. SlyW.
    Jun 27, 2008
    A genre that only exists because one man invented it : Shyamalan, others just will copy his ideas, Happening is beautiful in many aspects.
  11. DannyG.
    Jun 27, 2008
    A very cool movie, well a little scary, good enough but not so bad like critics want us to believe, no no, and for me is a 8.5 but I putted 9 'cause they are so cruel, and want to finish a career ( of who? ), but I dont think so, the production budget was 60 millions, and 15 days after date of release is 115 worldwide, and it goes for more.
  12. LeslieA
    Jun 27, 2008
    I love this kind of movies, but many fails, the good suspense stories are written only by Stephen king or Mr. Shyamalan, ah and the Mexican Guillermo del toro, they are gold for me, Happening is fantastic.
  13. DonO.
    Jun 28, 2008
    It was spinning in my head for a entire week, and that only an unforgettable an good movie can get in me.
  14. Joe45
    Jun 29, 2008
    With singular style, a great movie is made.
  15. RaymondO.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Simply one of the best in its genre.
  16. AlbertW.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Damn! I was missing this movie, so creative, so unique, so fantastic!
  17. GerardC
    Jun 30, 2008
    Its true, is not the best of Shyam. but I rather this, is honest, his work always is for you like it or not, I'm in the good side, my 10 is to elevate the rate, cause I think it doesn't deserves less than a 7.
  18. MeaganH.
    Jul 11, 2008
    Great movie! It really makes you think about the ending! Mark Wahlberg is the perfect actor for the leading role of this movie!
  19. RickR.
    Jul 11, 2008
    With creepy scenes, funny moments, nice views, good role of Marky, a good story, I could enjoy it.
  20. JamesR.
    Jul 10, 2008
    One of the best this year, I hated the overrated Cloverfield where you only can hear not see, and this film Happening, so original is underrated, that's because in "Lady in the water" Shyamalan decided to kill only one character " the movie critic ", now they hate him more than never, it was just a movieee!, forgive him!
  21. MishRush
    Jul 12, 2008
    An incredible film that is not for all audiences, just for who really enjoy a suspense well done.
  22. MartinS.
    Jul 14, 2008
    A lot of people find M. Night's movies boring. I find them extremely suspenseful and thought provoking. He doesn't try to sensationalize his movies. He treats his subject manner in a very pedestrian matter of fact manner. There are no super heroes or extraordinary individuals in his films; just every day people dealing with extraordinary circumstances. I think this gives his A lot of people find M. Night's movies boring. I find them extremely suspenseful and thought provoking. He doesn't try to sensationalize his movies. He treats his subject manner in a very pedestrian matter of fact manner. There are no super heroes or extraordinary individuals in his films; just every day people dealing with extraordinary circumstances. I think this gives his movies a sense of realism that makes them all the more frightening. Expand
  23. SabellyW
    Jul 15, 2008
    I don't care what others say, I went to see it and I saw a fantastical and entertaining movie.
  24. RodrigoO.
    Jul 15, 2008
    One thing: I like it because after all the tragedies we saw, there is an ecological message, a warning about protect our planet.
  25. JustinJ
    Jul 16, 2008
    After seeing hundred's of movies of this kind of thriller-suspense I can say that this is not so bad, it is OK.
  26. AdrianB.
    Jul 16, 2008
    I don't care other reviews, this is one of my favorites motion pictures of the year.
  27. DanielRR.
    Jul 17, 2008
    Oh really so bad?, no way guys!, All my friends and I enjoyed it !.
  28. RichardP.
    Jul 20, 2008
    Stunning with awesome moments, not so bad as many said.
  29. RonaldT.
    Jul 2, 2008
    I can accept one thing, is original, and thats what I search in any movie.
  30. OmharS.
    Jul 22, 2008
    Interesting movie, good job in its genre where others shows they have minds empty of ideas.

1. The movie seems more like a '50s science fiction film of extreme paranoia or an episode of "The Twilight Zone" that even at a swiftly paced 90 minutes feels padded.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    In short, this is a Shyamalan movie minus the bravado, the swagger; there are no audacious attempts to pull out the rug from under the audience, no ham-fisted lessons about the importance of religious belief or the power of storytelling.
    What a bunch of nonsense--effective nonsense, chilling nonsense, occasionally wrenching nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless.