6.1

1. Jan 16, 2015
    Sophia Bush é uma excelente atriz,além de uma gostosa muito sexy. Um filme de terror efetivo,Sean Bean brilha como um Serial-Killer contém cenas incríveis,Carro caindo da montanha,mortes brutais,como escapar com algemas excelente filme Sophia Bush E Sean Bean estão incríveis!!!!!!!.
  2. Jan 22, 2013
    While this is a decent Thriller what lets it down is just pure stupidity of some of the characters, and you can't help but hate the situation Jim & Grace get caught up in. Sean Bean is certainly convincing as our Hitcher and you really hate his character, so clearly he's doing something right. It's not an overly eventful film and its also rather short, so overall it's not going to be upWhile this is a decent Thriller what lets it down is just pure stupidity of some of the characters, and you can't help but hate the situation Jim & Grace get caught up in. Sean Bean is certainly convincing as our Hitcher and you really hate his character, so clearly he's doing something right. It's not an overly eventful film and its also rather short, so overall it's not going to be up there with other films similar to it, but for what its worth its still a good film worth a look. Collapse
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    I don't know why this movie got such bad reviews. I liked it. I had suspense, gore, and action. And I though the ending was a plot twist. I didn't really expect it to happen the way it did.
  4. May 29, 2012
    Passable horror that has some good moments but unfortunately falls into the category of "what are they playing at" and instead of just taking a hint, turning around and heading home the road trip continues and subsequent mayhem ensues.
  5. Aug 28, 2011
    This movie could have been a lot better if there weren't so many what in the hell moments. I understand that it's a movie and I need to suspend my disbelief but some of it was just to much. The soundtrack also didn't fit in a couple spots either. One thing that deserves credit is the acting was actually pretty good. Usually horror movies are not packed with actors that make you go wow,This movie could have been a lot better if there weren't so many what in the hell moments. I understand that it's a movie and I need to suspend my disbelief but some of it was just to much. The soundtrack also didn't fit in a couple spots either. One thing that deserves credit is the acting was actually pretty good. Usually horror movies are not packed with actors that make you go wow, but this one was actually very respectable. Overall the movie isn't anything great but it a lot better then some.
  6. DanT
    Jun 10, 2009
    Mindless violence justified only by poor characterization. The Hitcher offers predictable 'thrills' and a shallow plot that seems to perpetuate itself for the sake of attempting to fill the void between the film's beginning and a divergent conclusion, the only possible end to such a spiraling sequence of events masquerading as a plot.
  7. LennyR.
    Feb 19, 2009
    An amazing horror experience. I really enjoyed this creepy film.
  8. JoshuaR.
    Feb 19, 2009
    A really good horror remake. One of the best I've seen in a long while.
  9. DanielH.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Creepy to no end, a great horror film form beginning to end. Sean Bean rocks as the Hitcher.
  10. NathanO.
    Feb 19, 2009
    An amazing horror film the best I seen in awhile.
  11. R.L.
    Feb 19, 2009
    An amazingly disturbing and creepy horror film that will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. This reimaging of a boring and not so scary horror film is a much better film than the original. The Hitcher stars Sophia Bush and Zachary Knighton as Jim Halsey(the name of the original Hitcher) and Grace Andrews, a college couple en route to spring break along the way they meet the An amazingly disturbing and creepy horror film that will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. This reimaging of a boring and not so scary horror film is a much better film than the original. The Hitcher stars Sophia Bush and Zachary Knighton as Jim Halsey(the name of the original Hitcher) and Grace Andrews, a college couple en route to spring break along the way they meet the mysterious John Ryder. He introduces himself and asks if he can trouble them for a ride, Jim reluctantly agrees, almost a mile form the gas station Ryder pulls a knife on Jim and tells Jim to say four little words " I want to die." Jim soon manages to kick Ryder rout of the car and drive off. And that begins the pulse pounding, heart stopping and mind blowing horror film that explodes into a nonstop thrill ride that won't let up till the very end. Expand
  12. R.L.
    Feb 18, 2009
  13. AW
    Jul 11, 2008
    Only noteworthy thing about it is the unintentional comedy.
  14. MikeR
    Dec 30, 2007
    The movie was great and not predictable at all.I really don't like horror movies because they are usually lame and they're similar to other movies but this caught my attention.Sean Bean was great as the bad guy and Sophia Bush was hot and can definitely act unlike Paris Hilton.There wasn't a ton of blood and gore but plenty enough to gross you out.This movie will definitely The movie was great and not predictable at all.I really don't like horror movies because they are usually lame and they're similar to other movies but this caught my attention.Sean Bean was great as the bad guy and Sophia Bush was hot and can definitely act unlike Paris Hilton.There wasn't a ton of blood and gore but plenty enough to gross you out.This movie will definitely be liked by casual movies go-ers but as for die-hard horror fans I'm not sure because I'm not a die hard horror fan.If you don't like this movie then you must be stoned. Expand
  15. MatthewF
    Jul 29, 2007
    This fresh update to the boring 1986 movie has it all: Top acting, plot, gore, sex, and adult language (which is coming harder and to find due to the evil.
  16. PnArdyPnArdy
    May 13, 2007
    An awful modern suspense/triller remake of a cult movie with Rutger Hauer.
  17. ChadS.
    Mar 14, 2007
    Did John Ryder(Sean Bean) have a prior history of violence? We assume he does, but if that was the case, the trucker who eventually picks him up should've been killed. Maybe he's less like Henry(Michael Rooker from "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer") and more like the Michael Douglas character from "Falling Down", an ordinary man who finally snaps at the injustices of the Did John Ryder(Sean Bean) have a prior history of violence? We assume he does, but if that was the case, the trucker who eventually picks him up should've been killed. Maybe he's less like Henry(Michael Rooker from "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer") and more like the Michael Douglas character from "Falling Down", an ordinary man who finally snaps at the injustices of the world(you'd be pissed too if you were left to stand in a downpour at night). Even though Ryder kills a group of people, he does show some remorse in his wish to die himself. This killer is a little more complex than your standard issue murderer. If the young couple(Grace and Jim) gave Ryder a lift, they might've escaped the wrath of the thoroughly drenched. And more importantly, Jim would've met Grace's friends, assumingly hot. This ambiguity about the hitchhiker's true nature saves "The Hitcher" from being utterly mindless and bloody, but it's still a long ways off from being a good movie. Most needless remakes of mediocre thrillers are, but at least this one has a wicked liberal bias(the people in the station wagon were Christians, and the cowboy hats worn by the sheriff's department are signifers for stupidity), which will either amuse, or irk; depending on who you are. "The Hitcher" is trash, of course, but it's well-paced trash and mercifully short. Expand
    Feb 8, 2007
    If you're the type of person who enjoys blood and gore galore, then feel free to go and see this movie. Otherwise, try and stay away. I wasn't too crazy about this movie.
  19. RyanB.
    Jan 30, 2007
    This is a pretty good movie. I have no idea what the critics are smoking, but unless the movie is perfect they are going to give it a bad review
  20. SmartGuy
    Jan 26, 2007
    Easily the best movie of 2006. Nothing was predictable about this movie - nay, FILM. This is cinema at its finest! Who would have ever thought that picking up a complete stranger in a weird town when it's raining and doom sounding music is playing would result in him being a psychotic killer?? Not me, and admit it, not even you. No, only the writers of this daring, completely Easily the best movie of 2006. Nothing was predictable about this movie - nay, FILM. This is cinema at its finest! Who would have ever thought that picking up a complete stranger in a weird town when it's raining and doom sounding music is playing would result in him being a psychotic killer?? Not me, and admit it, not even you. No, only the writers of this daring, completely original and spellbinding film have the audacity and genius to come up with this... put this beside Lawrence of Arabia on your dvd shelf! Expand
  21. KarinaS.
    Jan 22, 2007
    I went to see this movie yesterday and I have to say that I was a bit disappointed. Although I love Sophia Bush, her role in this film didn't really come through for me. I don't think it had anything to do with her acting ability at all because she's extremely talented, I just feel the script itself lacked authority. The story itself had many elements that left me I went to see this movie yesterday and I have to say that I was a bit disappointed. Although I love Sophia Bush, her role in this film didn't really come through for me. I don't think it had anything to do with her acting ability at all because she's extremely talented, I just feel the script itself lacked authority. The story itself had many elements that left me personally, at times wondering, what? It could have better, but then again, horror films have indunced this kind of story telling lately, which is quite sad. Expand
  22. KImM.
    Jan 20, 2007
    We saw this movie last night and it wasnt as horrible as is being said. it was funny and suspenseful enough. The two best aspects of this movie were the villian and the sheriff. Ill remember them over the whinning teenagers.
  23. ColinG.
    Jan 20, 2007
    Someone needs to take away Michael Bay's re-make privileges. His company butchered (yeah, I know) "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and now they've ruined a film that was very close to my heart. Bad script, bad acting, bad direction. This film is pure worthlessness. Do yourself a favor and rent the original. It's pretty damned fun and a hundred times better than this.
  24. Syzygy
    Jan 19, 2007
    I walked in hoping for a few redeeming elements against the predictable narrative lapses. Decent performances ? Witty repartee ? Some story intelligence ? Not really. The acting wasn't horrible - for the little they had to do - nor was the directiing, but the uninspired, one-note predictability mixed with idiotic plot sequences make this a stinker.
  25. SteveO.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Sophia Bush is mighty fine, and is the best part of this movie!!

1. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    If you boil off dialogue, performance, narrative logic and grind a movie down to the nub of genre, will there be any suspense left? The answer is yes, but only in a Pavlovian sense. You react to this dull shockathon like a wired lab rat who's seen it all before. And guess what? You have.
    Bean carves out his own modest variations on the theme of John Ryder-on-the-storm, but Bush and Knighton are so blandly forgettable that it's hard to believe that they're the protagonists and not Victims 1 and 2.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Saito
    The Hitcher's main problem is that many of the title character's dirty deeds are done off-camera. Instead of seeing Ryder trap his victims before he kills them, the audience is treated to plenty of butchered corpses that seem to magically appear after Ryder leaves a room.