Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: November 5, 2004
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 872 Ratings
Watch Now
davezJul 20, 2007
Great Fun!!! Surprisingly dramatic for an animated film with lots of comedy. A standard by which all future animated films will be compared. the dvd is better than the movie (I loved the extra interviews of superheroes not shown in the Great Fun!!! Surprisingly dramatic for an animated film with lots of comedy. A standard by which all future animated films will be compared. the dvd is better than the movie (I loved the extra interviews of superheroes not shown in the movie.) All emotions are evoked. Ratatouille cannot compare. Expand
JackBalderAug 23, 2007
One of the best Pixar movies that is very enjoyable, funny, but not as good as "A Bug's life, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, or Monsters inc."
ZeeMSep 21, 2007
My Favorite Animation Movie Ever! From Start To Finish, It Was Completely INCREDIBLE!
JHJan 1, 2008
Another great film by Brad Bird. This was a digital achievement for Pixar. It is one of the animated films along with Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ratatouille, Totoro, and The Iron Giant that delivered a fantasy for fans that Another great film by Brad Bird. This was a digital achievement for Pixar. It is one of the animated films along with Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ratatouille, Totoro, and The Iron Giant that delivered a fantasy for fans that are a geek of heart. Expand
DreH.Jun 25, 2009
Easily one of the best movies ever made, and probably one of the best CGI movies ever made, with special features to make it last.
Ikarus14Aug 25, 2009
Just when Pixar where in danger of repeating themselves, Brad Bird ('Iron Giant' and 'Ratatouille') came and took them elsewhere for the best.
BrianaS.Oct 14, 2005
It is so funny and exciting! They should film more movies like this one. Awesome job, Pixar.
DavidD.Oct 19, 2005
Finally, a good movie! This is one of Pixar's best, knocking off the first Toy Story. It slyly skewers the classic comic book movie and action movies in general, all while being hilarious and fun!
MaddieS.Sep 28, 2005
This was a graet movie and it's a family movie as well. me and my little brother love this. As does my big brother, my half-brothers, my step-sister...you get the picture.
JesseB.Apr 15, 2006
I don't know how, or why, but I love this film not dissimilarly to the way that I love 1997's most deserving movie for the Best Picture Oscar, "L.A. Confidential". This film harkens back to a time long removed, but not forgotten in I don't know how, or why, but I love this film not dissimilarly to the way that I love 1997's most deserving movie for the Best Picture Oscar, "L.A. Confidential". This film harkens back to a time long removed, but not forgotten in the world of creative cinema and TV, when kids were reading the Amazing Stories comic books and children staid up past their bed times to watch Rod Serling on the "Twilight Zone". This movie is gold. Expand
anonymousMar 3, 2008
can I just say "best new animated film ever!!!" its a classic superhero movie I really don't see how anyone could watch this movie and not enjoy it
JohnAug 17, 2009
If we're all special, none of us are. Let the best of us shine.
NickK.Dec 12, 2005
Incredible!! I absolutely loved this film from start to finish. The plot, pacing, characterisation, humour, visual jokes, storyline and groundbreaking computer grahpics are all blended perfectly in my opinion into one of the best films ever Incredible!! I absolutely loved this film from start to finish. The plot, pacing, characterisation, humour, visual jokes, storyline and groundbreaking computer grahpics are all blended perfectly in my opinion into one of the best films ever made and definately the best animated film ever. This film is pure genius (again) by Pixar and a trully must-see film for the whole family. Expand
JeremyE.Apr 18, 2006
was a great animated movie, but incredibly overrated. It was a great film but with all the hype measured up for it you'd expect it to be groundbreaking. It's not. If you're going to watch this movie, go in with low expectations.
TomJ.May 24, 2006
A fantastic movie in every way. I mean it.
JacobAug 3, 2013
Overall I enjoy The Incredibles. While I feel that he movie may have a little too much going on at times, which causes it to feel a little length and slow at times, the film makes up for it with likeable characters, some great action scenes,Overall I enjoy The Incredibles. While I feel that he movie may have a little too much going on at times, which causes it to feel a little length and slow at times, the film makes up for it with likeable characters, some great action scenes, and an interesting plot. It does not hurt that the presentation in this movie Is fantastic. If you like family films, action films, and/or superhorse films, I’d say give it a watch. While the movie has its flaws and in my opinion is not as enjoyable as the last Pixar film Finding Nemo, The Incrediblesis an entertaining film that I have seen many times and will continue to watch until Pixar makes an Incredbiles 2, which I pray will happen. Expand
gm101Apr 7, 2011
Being a big fan of both action movies and Pixar movies, I knew this movie was right for me. And sure enough, I ended up really enjoying the movie. Felt just like watching some of the great superhero movies out there.
JudddyOct 4, 2010
Perhaps second only to 'Finding Nemo' on Pixar's finest achievements list, 'The Incredibes' is one of the most exciting and action packed animated films ever made. The story is simple but perfect for a bucket load of special effects, thePerhaps second only to 'Finding Nemo' on Pixar's finest achievements list, 'The Incredibes' is one of the most exciting and action packed animated films ever made. The story is simple but perfect for a bucket load of special effects, the characters, especially Edna Mode, are memorable, the music is terrific and the animation is typically stunning for Pixar. A wondeful achievement. Expand
MovieLonely94Oct 31, 2010
also, my favorite Pixar movie next to Finding Nemo and the Toy Story trilogy.
asylumspadezNov 20, 2011
I thought it was great. Some parts in the film are a little slow but overall its a great film. I enjoyed it from start to finish. The one flaw is that it could have been a bit shorter but besides that its still good.
TitaniumDragonJun 6, 2016
Pixar's greatest film, this is a great superhero movie which not only portrays superheroes as people, but makes their conflicts interesting and exciting. It plays with numerous superhero tropes while doing its own thing with very humanPixar's greatest film, this is a great superhero movie which not only portrays superheroes as people, but makes their conflicts interesting and exciting. It plays with numerous superhero tropes while doing its own thing with very human characters. Syndrome is an excellent villain, and the whole movie, from start to finish, is full of great moments. There's comedy, there's compassion, there's sorrow, there's feelings of danger, there's deconstruction and reconstruction of tropes...

Pixar hit it out of the park with this one. One of the best movies of all time, animated or not.
RogerSmith97Nov 4, 2011
This Is A Really Good Movie... I Think Somewhat Overated... VERY VERY GOOD! The Best Movie Of 04! :D
aaronpaul121May 25, 2012
Amazing film AGAIN from Pixar. I'm not a big fan of superhero films but this one really amazes me. It has the comic element that is mixed with family affair and sympathy. Graphics are incredible and the plot is very exciting. This is anAmazing film AGAIN from Pixar. I'm not a big fan of superhero films but this one really amazes me. It has the comic element that is mixed with family affair and sympathy. Graphics are incredible and the plot is very exciting. This is an animation to a whole new level...... Expand
AlecinoJul 28, 2011
Brad Bird does it again!!! If you like action movies, Pixar movies, and Brad Bird, this is totally the film for you. The Incredibles takes what made The Iron Giant great and makes it 3D. Brad Bird made The Iron Giant a masterpiece, and nowBrad Bird does it again!!! If you like action movies, Pixar movies, and Brad Bird, this is totally the film for you. The Incredibles takes what made The Iron Giant great and makes it 3D. Brad Bird made The Iron Giant a masterpiece, and now he has made The Incredibles a masterpiece. The Incredibles is definitely worth watching. Expand
JawsPapi87Aug 12, 2011
First of all I need to say that this was snubbed for a best picture nomination in 2004. I haven't seen The Aviator or Sideways but I actually thought this was better than Million Dollar Baby and the best movie I've seen from 2004. It's almostFirst of all I need to say that this was snubbed for a best picture nomination in 2004. I haven't seen The Aviator or Sideways but I actually thought this was better than Million Dollar Baby and the best movie I've seen from 2004. It's almost perfect in terms of kids movies. Its animation, storytelling, character originality and humor is so satisfying that I could watch this movie once a week and never get tired of it Expand
grandpajoe6191Sep 29, 2011
From super hero action to the importance of unity as a family, Pixar's "Incredibles" just amazes me of their powerful appeal and last. Man, it's just incredible....
ZilcellNov 18, 2011
If you want an animated film with a lot of action and a great story then The Incredibles is right for you. It also has a great villain that makes the plot very convincing.
YoshipieNov 15, 2011
One of my favorite Pixar movies of all time. Pixar outdid itself by tying a genre that is unusual for a child's viewing - action. It is weaved perfectly, still giving themes of perseverance, family and courage. Notable scores were composed toOne of my favorite Pixar movies of all time. Pixar outdid itself by tying a genre that is unusual for a child's viewing - action. It is weaved perfectly, still giving themes of perseverance, family and courage. Notable scores were composed to perfectly suit several situations in the plot. Simply beautiful and stunning. Expand
StevenFMay 11, 2013
Pixar are no strangers to pushing out strong, emotionally driven and groundbreaking, but when The Incredibles came along it really created a whole new landscape for its films.
In a world where superheroes are just about everywhere, there is
In a world where superheroes are just about everywhere, there is a complete reliance on them from the general public, but they of course keep their identity..their most valuable asset, secret.
Mr. Incredible is the cream of the crop, superhuman strength and loved by the public. He is also getting married to ElastiGirl. But when he makes a judgement call by saving a suicidal man, who in turn decides to sue the hero, which sets off a chain of claims and court cases for "supers" all over the world, eventually driving them into exile.
The film then plays out in an almost sitcom like manner, with many quips of daily life and menial jobs, with Mr Incredible now under his real name of Bob Parr, working for an insurance company, bored with his routine life away from saving the world.But when he is set up to be the face of an unknown corporation which needs heroes, he soon suspects that something larger is afoot, but he must also tread carefully as he has yet to tell his wife of his activities.
The Incredibles combines the perfect blend of storytelling with plenty of animated action, but also throwing in a large message in the importance of family values and never to forget the past, as you will indeed be condemned to repeat, embrace and cherish those moments in your life which perhaps won't happen again.
Not only is this one of the best Pixar films to date, but could very well be one of the best superhero films to come around, live-action or animated, it simply doesn't matter, director Brad Bird has managed to find balance to how the modernisation of our current world can impact such events and phenomenons such as those with superpowers.
There is a perfect voice cast to push along this excellent film including Craig T. Nelson, Jason Lee, Holly Hunter and even Samuel L. Jackson, all separate characters with very different agendas, Mr Incredible would truly do anything for a trip back to the good old days, while his wife ElastiGirl may be content with normal life, but is more concerned about the well-being of her children.
There is also excellent comedy to be had, with hilarious characters in the form of Edna Mode, the heroes costume designer, and a little kid who sits outside waiting for something amazing to happen.
It truly adds up to a unique and brilliant take on being accepted in an unfamiliar society, which equals to a riveting and glorious film.
heyitsmegrif4Jan 16, 2012
Fantastic animation, great action, originality and talented voice work make for a very entertaining Pixar adventure that pushes boundaries on the Pixar level. I give this film 87%.