Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: November 5, 2004
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 865 Ratings
Watch Now
MonkiReviewsMay 28, 2017
I enjoyed it a lot. I was always entertained, and the voice acting was great. The animation is good, and looks amazing. The story was super good and worth a watch.
superbatJul 28, 2017
The Incredbiles was simply incredible! Thiscombined an action/superhero movie and an animated Pixar film to make one of the best movies ever made. I felt like I was watching my favourite comic-book characters.
miccaelJul 11, 2017
The best Pixar Movie I have seen. So good.
Super entertaining and most importantly, the movie aged very well.
Really excited for the sequel, I was not expecting it NOT to have anyway!
DavidTejadaDec 26, 2016
Basically it's not just one of the best animated movies of all time, it's even one of the best superheroes ones. In 2005's Oscar Best Animated Feature had a super fight either "Shrek 2" or "The Incredibles". It's just delightful in every way,Basically it's not just one of the best animated movies of all time, it's even one of the best superheroes ones. In 2005's Oscar Best Animated Feature had a super fight either "Shrek 2" or "The Incredibles". It's just delightful in every way, the ordinary situations of superheroes in an ordinary life, how does the city works and how do they react at this. The action parts just awesome, even I don't know why but this brings me back to 2016's Marvel's "Civil War". With this movie, Pixar's most ambitious side just kept going. (95%) Expand
KippermixerDec 18, 2016
My opinion the best pixar movie of all time. Brad Bird does a great job in putting this thing together and keeping story interesting and stylish from the first second to the last. Its still mindboggling that they havent released a sequel forMy opinion the best pixar movie of all time. Brad Bird does a great job in putting this thing together and keeping story interesting and stylish from the first second to the last. Its still mindboggling that they havent released a sequel for this. Luckily we will finally get one in a couple of years. Expand
FreedomFightersOct 31, 2016
I don't know how they do it, but Pixar just does it. "The Incredibles," being Pixar's first PG-rated film and their first film centered around humans, still stands as one of their best. With superb animation, a great story, plenty of action,I don't know how they do it, but Pixar just does it. "The Incredibles," being Pixar's first PG-rated film and their first film centered around humans, still stands as one of their best. With superb animation, a great story, plenty of action, great humor, and some fantastic characters (including one of the greatest villains in film history in the form of Syndrome), "The Incredibles" more than lives up to its title. It's a wonderfully-made film that continues to age beautifully. Expand
Archibald_GrantOct 18, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Incredibles, a gift box of everyday superhero action. Packed with the all-so-relatable suburban family, your favorite superhero tales, and tied together with comedy that may or may not be the cause of Pixar’s first ever PG film. I’ll tell you right now, this present is not one you’ll be returning like that weird sweater Auntie Jane bought you. This movie is a top of the notch faux leather coat with built in bluetooth speakers and rhinestones.

Although I have seen The Incredibles over a hundred times, there won’t ever be a day that I wouldn’t be willing to sit down with a cup of cocoa and watch it again. It’s one of those movies that I never seem to get tired of, which I’m telling you right now is quite hard to come across. I find myself laughing at jokes that I’ve heard multiple times, and I would be lying if I said I didn’t hear my parents laughing too. The characters are so easy to relate to, as Pixar really captured the modern day family, with a twist of course. Every jump scare seems to startle me all over again and every single time I watch it, iIt feels like the first.

The movie instantly grasps your attention with the introduction of three average superheros and a car chase scene that could definitely be another element to that “parental guidance” suggestion in the opening. Just after the first 10 minutes, the movie seems predictable, superheroes, bad guys, fighting crime, blah blah blah. I’ve seen it all before. But that’s where people are wrong. Law suits against superheroes? That’s new. Then a ban on them, forcing these crime fighting mutant humans into hiding. How will these daring do’s live in the real world having to keep their powers secret? It’s a new twist on the superhero tales we are used to and that’s where the story takes place.

15 years later. Bob Parr is an average looking, middle aged, guy, living in the suburbs with his wife, Helen, and three kids, teenage Violet, middle schooler, Dash, and baby Jack Jack. He works at an insurance agency and deals with that annoying boss we’ll all probably come across some day. They are definitely a typical, or should I say, stereotypical, family. Little do others know that Bob and Helen are actually the city famous Mr.Incredible, a hero known for his super strength, and Elastigirl, a woman who, as her name suggests, is elastic, and can stretch her limbs dangerously far.

And I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree because the three baby incredibles were so lucky as to gain powers themselves. Violet, holding the ability to turn invisible and create force fields, really shows her personality with her powers, as she is very shy and tends to keep to herself. Dash, unironically named for his super speed that gives him the ability to run on water and pull pranks on his teacher without being seen. And little Jack Jack, whose powers haven’t seemed to bloom yet, or so we think.
Although these supers are in hiding, Bob just can’t seem to let go of the past, sneaking out at night with his old friend, Lucius, or Frozone, another superhero, and a good source of laughs, who holds the power to freeze, listening to the police scanners and catching robbers or saving people from burning buildings. All of a sudden, Bob’s life takes a turn for the better, when he is contacted by a secret government agency to help them destroy an out of control robot. Of course, I don’t want to go into too much detail as to spoil the ending, but all I can say is the movie is definitely full of twists and turns that leave you on the edge if your seat (just be careful not to fall off when laughing).

All in all this movie is not just for kids, as the cartoon from Pixar suggests. I think anyone from any age group would definitely find someway to connect to it’s everyday characters. The humor spans up to adults also, as Pixar is very good at hiding little things for the adults to enjoy. This movie is so much more unique than the superhero movies we are used to today and it is all around one of Pixar’s best.
shiftworkerAug 22, 2016
Funny, exciting, and responsible for several highly enjoyable afternoons in my house. Human characters meet cartoon madness and an over-the-top Bond-scale villian. I can't think of anything to improve this movie, except for it to be longer.
gameguardian21Aug 6, 2016
The incredibles is one of the best animated super hero movies of all time. It has stellar animation, with it detailing everything just right. All the main characters are all polished and fun with them all being relatible in some way. TheThe incredibles is one of the best animated super hero movies of all time. It has stellar animation, with it detailing everything just right. All the main characters are all polished and fun with them all being relatible in some way. The story is excellent with it not only having memorable scences and moments, but the plot and fun and tension in the story keep me excited. The only reason why I don't give it a ten out of ten, it just doesn't feel like a absolute masterpiece, but it's still probably one of my favourite pixar movies, and I honesty hope it gets a sequal. Expand
Muskrat147Jul 28, 2016
Featuring the right amount of action, humor, and visual charm, The Incredibles blends a Mission Impossible-style plot with a family friendly setting and interesting characters.
MasterRileyJul 23, 2016
The Incredibles is well, incredible! From the spectacular CGI that still holds up today, to the voice acting, the writing, the action, the comedy, and the music this movie rides high all the way through. This movie is a great watch for allThe Incredibles is well, incredible! From the spectacular CGI that still holds up today, to the voice acting, the writing, the action, the comedy, and the music this movie rides high all the way through. This movie is a great watch for all ages, especially for families. Highly recommend. Expand
TitaniumDragonJun 6, 2016
Pixar's greatest film, this is a great superhero movie which not only portrays superheroes as people, but makes their conflicts interesting and exciting. It plays with numerous superhero tropes while doing its own thing with very humanPixar's greatest film, this is a great superhero movie which not only portrays superheroes as people, but makes their conflicts interesting and exciting. It plays with numerous superhero tropes while doing its own thing with very human characters. Syndrome is an excellent villain, and the whole movie, from start to finish, is full of great moments. There's comedy, there's compassion, there's sorrow, there's feelings of danger, there's deconstruction and reconstruction of tropes...

Pixar hit it out of the park with this one. One of the best movies of all time, animated or not.
JustMy2May 7, 2016
One of the very few movies I'd ever consider giving a perfect 10 score. This is partly because this movie is superbly crafted in all ways, and partly because it speaks to me so strongly on a personal level.

You see, *I am Mr. Incredible!*

You see, *I am Mr. Incredible!*

This cartoon character captures ME so perfectly it's uncanny! He is everything I am, both for better and worse - he has exactly the same strengths and weaknesses of character, and he suffers exactly the same dilemmas and life challenges. If someone ever cared enough about my little existence to make a cartoon caricature of me, Mr. Incredible is precisely what they'd come up with. How could I not absolutely love him! :-)

I understand this personal reason to adore this movie is irrelevant to YOU, dear reader, because you're most likely not a real life Mr. Incredible. So you'll just have to enjoy this movie for being a superbly crafted piece of entertainment that makes you proud to be a human being, just because human beings could make such an awesome movie. That will have to suffice for you poor scrubs who didn't get portrayed with a lead role in the movie!

But it should still deserve at the very least a strong 9, if you have a single sensible bone in your body.
FuturedirectorApr 9, 2016
The incredibles is not the best Pixar's film. It also has some kind of violence for being a traditional totally family-friendly film of Pixar. On the other hand, shows very unremarkable characters. And for making the thing worse, it has aThe incredibles is not the best Pixar's film. It also has some kind of violence for being a traditional totally family-friendly film of Pixar. On the other hand, shows very unremarkable characters. And for making the thing worse, it has a greatly politic story-telling, that not everyone understand, like traffic codes, technological information of the new century, economy..., but it's not the worst of pIxar, that's Cars II. But it gives a familiar message, funny and inventive story-telling and a great plot. Pixar fans will be very pleased with this result. Expand
moviemaniacsMar 6, 2016
Built on the hackneyed premise that people in adversity are the true superheroes, “The Incredibles” is itself anything but hackneyed. Debuting helmer David Valero invites himself and his camera into the lives of three very different protags,Built on the hackneyed premise that people in adversity are the true superheroes, “The Incredibles” is itself anything but hackneyed. Debuting helmer David Valero invites himself and his camera into the lives of three very different protags, and the result is a compellingly intimate, wonderfully human docu that swings smoothly from hopeless tragedy to utter hilarity by analyzing lives under stress. The docu’s combination of humor and heartbreak reps a good opportunity for daring fest programmers.

Recently, Spanish helmers have done good work with the fly-on-the-wall format, perhaps most notably Sandra Sanchez with “Behind the Lights.” Adan Aliaga’s multiple prize-winning 2006 docu “My Grandmother’s House” is clearly one of the inspirations here (Aliaga himself takes an associate producer credit).

“The Incredibles” shuttles with agility between its stories. Its subjects are Maria Moreno, a spirited 94-year-old who supplies most of the laughs; Joana Martin, a thirtysomething mother of two who has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer; and Juan Eulalio Lopez, who lost his arm, and subsequently his marriage, in a traffic accident.

Moreno goes about her daily business, which involves polishing her extensive collection of religious statuettes, bickering with her daughter and delivering some wonderfully surreal dialogue. Lopez records himself on video, as suggested by his psychotherapist, reflecting on how the women he meets tend to reject him because of his missing arm. His story reps a midpoint between the comic/tragic extremes of the others. (Among lots of little human details, the pic unveils the mystery of how a one-armed man cuts his fingernails.)

Martin is seen having fun with her family, including her long-suffering husband. But the docu spills over into morally awkward voyeurism when she tells her hairstylist that she’d prefer not to watch her hair being shaved off, a process the aud can see. But several later scenes are almost unbearably moving, mostly because Valero respects Martin too much to be sentimental about her.

The film’s direction developed as shooting progressed, and inevitably, many scenes have the immediacy of homevideo. The pic’s winningly direct air is the result of crafty work by Valero, who has chosen his subjects well and is happy just to let them be themselves, and editor Aurora Sulli, while ensuring that not a single scene overstays its welcome, neatly teases out the counterpoints and echoes among the three stories. When Martin’s doctor tells her it’s important to stay optimistic, Moreno’s irrepressible optimism immediately springs to mind.

On the downside, the project’s rebranding of its protags as “The Iron Lady,” “Broken Wing,” and “Radioactive Woman,” respectively, feels like a contrived and unnecessary attempt to yoke the stories together after the fact.
BlazinBlitzerJan 9, 2016
This was my favorite movie of all time when I was a kid. While not my favorite movie anymore, it still is one of my favorites as a teenager. Even then, through a critic's point of view, it's still a fantastic movie, and is arguably the bestThis was my favorite movie of all time when I was a kid. While not my favorite movie anymore, it still is one of my favorites as a teenager. Even then, through a critic's point of view, it's still a fantastic movie, and is arguably the best Pixar movie of all time.

Fantastic voice acting, lovable characters, unique idea with breathtaking execution. This movie is also really hilarious in a way that can have you connect with the characters. The movie is also quite unpredictable for a movie intended for kids; however, this isn't really a "kids" movie. I see many elements in the movie adults would love. The movie also makes a successful attempt at being an uncliche ending for a cliffhanger. This is really bold for a kid's movie, and even for Pixar. However, this movie will leave satisfied and filled with glee with the best "superhero" movie of all time (until The Dark Knight came around).
BarneyOnMTJan 6, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: It's a film for both adults and kids that explores some serious themes, as well as containing some light hearted humour and action. 'The Incredibles' is the best all-rounded kids film we've seen in a long time - with grippingWHAT I LIKED: It's a film for both adults and kids that explores some serious themes, as well as containing some light hearted humour and action. 'The Incredibles' is the best all-rounded kids film we've seen in a long time - with gripping action a very solid and detailed plot, a great mix of real characters and a decent villain, it's one of the funnest rides Disney has to offer. And that soundtrack...
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: For what it is, it doesn't get much better than this
VERDICT: It's funny how a kids film can exceed on so many levels - 'The Incredibles' is truly incredible. What more could you want?
FilmMasterEdJan 6, 2016
One of The Incredibles'credits reads Hair And Cloth Supervisor. Someone else was in charge of Water and Weather. Animation has gone far beyond flick-books and rotoscope and, with every film, Pixar ups the power of the pixel. The IncrediblesOne of The Incredibles'credits reads Hair And Cloth Supervisor. Someone else was in charge of Water and Weather. Animation has gone far beyond flick-books and rotoscope and, with every film, Pixar ups the power of the pixel. The Incredibles IS funny, charming and smart, but principally it's a technical wonder. There's a sense that those armies of texture-buffers, hair-strand sculptors and water-wobblers were given the shiny, gold-plated office, while the script and story guys had to make do with the broom cupboard.

The set-up is glorious: a batch of scratchy vox-pops of our heroes in their heyday. Mr Incredible (Nelson) is the self-imposed power-patriarch, a pumped and chiselled all-American do-gooder - Captain America with an Arnie twist. Then there's Frozone (Samuel L Jackson), a sleek and, literally, supercool über-dude, zapping out and speed-surfing waves of instant ice. Flying is so last century. Elastigirl (Holly Hunter) is made of softer stuff: infinitely stretchy, Mr Tickle arms and bendy, extendy legs. Tackles tall buildings with a single step.

Skip forward a few years and Mr Incredible is domesticated, forced out of super-service after a series of lawsuits from those reluctantly rescued. Elastigirl is the mother to his kids and all are forced to suppress their own superpowers. Daughter Violet (Sarah Vowell) has invisibility skills, while son Dash (Spencer Fox) is in trouble for using his speed at school. Like his dad, he feels punished for being too good. "Everyone's special," Elastigirl tells Dash, who shoots back, "Which is another way of saying no one is."

This isn't the first time Pixar have sought out a Simpsons influence (series producer David Silverman co-directed Monsters, Inc), but ex-exec Brad Bird shouts his credentials more loudly. The sequence where a work-ragged Bob crumples the rim of his car door in anger and then repeatedly slams it - shattering the glass and steaming himself up even more - is pure Homer.

There's also plenty of Simpsons style in the sophistication simmering beneath the main action: sly sight-gags (Mr Incredible's anxious ecstasy as a battering from a giant robot becomes a kind of chiropractory); a railyard work-out that gives new meaning to `training'; sitcom-style domestic bickering (the way Elastigirl knows Incredible has been illicitly super-heroing when she finds "rubble" on his collar). And there's a delightful running gag involving the health-and-safety issues around billowing superhero capes ("Look what happened to Stratogirl - sucked into a jet engine!").

But, given Pixar's peerless standards, The Incredibles doesn't quite live up to its name. The signature pre-feature short is their weakest yet: a hokey little vignette on lamb-shearing season, which seems mostly designed to show off the new texture software. The tone is pretty uneven, too, with a talky, more Simpsons-satirical opening half-hour suddenly swept aside in a barrage of breathless set-pieces, with only the final 20 minutes effectively mixing both.

And while most of the gags have that familiar Pixar glimmer, some of the references feel a little jaded: the Bondish bad guy Syndrome (Jason Lee) living under a volcano; a face-off between Mr Incredible and his nemesis that lazily recalls Buzz's infiltration of Zurg's lair in Toy Story 2. What's more, comics doyen Alan Moore must be eyeing his lawyer's number over the Watchmen-esque, decommissioned superheroes concept. Still, Bird's script is extremely sharp and the use of relatively low-profile voice talent pays off in a non-jarring ensemble effect, with Samuel L Jackson's Frozone wisely not overused.

More of Bird's Simpsons class plays out in the strong secondary characters. Bob Incredible's boss is a chimpy, hot-headed little nebbish of a middle-manager, while costume designer Edna (voiced by Bird himself) is an instant cult-heroine classic - a pixieish parody of a Euro-fashionista, all frosty glare and clipped, Greta Garbo twang.

But the Pixar-standard, strong, buddyish relationship at the centre has been bypassed. Mr Incredible and Elastigirl are likeable, but they're no match for Mike and Sulley, Buzz and Woody or Marlin and Dory.

When Pixar channel the technical flair into their true strength (attention to detail) the results are immaculate: the watery greys of Bob's office drudgery; nemesis Syndrome's micro-modelled tics and tantrums; his gormless goons' gyroscopic flying saucers; the shifting, squishy musculature that gives the characters' weight and presence. Every single scene - every frame - is dripping with exceptional depth and craft, while the comic timing is still as fresh and finely honed as ever. No one else can deliver a bubble-gum burst gag with just the right level of pre-pop delay.

Slight on story and soul but strong on style and humour, The Incredibles impresses even if it's not quite Pixar perfect. Most will find it superduper.
MovieManiac1994Jan 4, 2016

EpicLadySpongeDec 27, 2015
Easily one of the best movies I've ever seen. It's just so epic that I can't really explain it that much and it's the best way to pass away the time.
marcmyworksDec 17, 2015
Probably the best superhero movie ever made. Pixar and Disney really captured the idea of combining the Nuclear Family as a superhero team. Realistically this should have been the approach for Fox's Fantastic Four.
YellowKirbyDec 6, 2015
It comes as a surprise that Pixar's "The Incredibles" is the greatest and most entertaining out of all the superhero movies made to date, as unlike Marvel and DC, Pixar have had no experience in the genre before 2004. It has an intriguing andIt comes as a surprise that Pixar's "The Incredibles" is the greatest and most entertaining out of all the superhero movies made to date, as unlike Marvel and DC, Pixar have had no experience in the genre before 2004. It has an intriguing and well told story, as well as likeable main characters and a well-crafted villain. Expand
DanBurritoOct 9, 2015
Here it is. The single greatest superhero movie of all time. And it's not made by Marvel, nor is it made by DC. It's made by Pixar. Like many Pixar movies it takes an old concept-a family of superheroes-and makes something completely new andHere it is. The single greatest superhero movie of all time. And it's not made by Marvel, nor is it made by DC. It's made by Pixar. Like many Pixar movies it takes an old concept-a family of superheroes-and makes something completely new and astonishing from it. The animation is breathtaking, the voice acting is great and it features talented direction of Brad Bird-our generation's Walt Disney-to make it even better. The jokes are witty and brilliant and the characters are interesting. WHY MUST WE WAIT A YEAR FOR THE SEQUEL?! UPDATE: we must now wait four years. No. No. Nooooooooooooooooo! Expand
kyle20ellisSep 28, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Incredibles''''' is a [[2004]] American computer-animated action-comedy superhero film about a family of superheroes who are forced to hide their powers. It is Pixar's sixth animated feature film. It was written and directed by Brad Bird, a former director and executive consultant of ''[[Wikipedia:The Simpsons|The Simpsons]]'', and was produced by [[Pixar]] and distributed by [[Walt Disney Pictures]].

The Starring Voices Are Craig T. Nelson As Bob Parr Holly Hunter As His Wife Helen Parr Sarah Vowell As Their Teenage Daughter Violet Parr Violet Spencer Fox As Their Young Son Dash Parr Dash Jason Lee As The Supervillain Syndrome Samuel L. Jackson As Frozone And Elizabeth Peña As Syndrome's Beautiful Assistant, Mirage The Incredibles Mirage. Bob's Yearning To Help People Draws The Entire Parr Family Into A Battle With The Villain Syndrome And His Killer
diogomendesSep 9, 2015
Fun classic super-hero movie, with some touching character moments and visually stunning action sequences. Seeing it now feels a little bit dated, but that's nothing that overshadows my entertainment from it.

Final Score: 7/10
MadMaxFuryRoadSep 6, 2015
Great pixar movie with a ton if action. It's like a animated superhero movie, which is a genre I love! Predictable at times, but still highly entertaining for kids and adults. I feel like the studio Pixar is focusing on adults more than kidsGreat pixar movie with a ton if action. It's like a animated superhero movie, which is a genre I love! Predictable at times, but still highly entertaining for kids and adults. I feel like the studio Pixar is focusing on adults more than kids at times, but still VERY fun movie for the whole family. Can't wait for the sequel! Expand
TheApplegnomeAug 10, 2015
The Incredibles is a classic, family friendly Disney-flick that stands on its own as a great movie. Great visualization and animation, smart and very funny and of course slick as it is a super flick! The plot is very well written and theThe Incredibles is a classic, family friendly Disney-flick that stands on its own as a great movie. Great visualization and animation, smart and very funny and of course slick as it is a super flick! The plot is very well written and the characters are greatly expressed. But the villain is just a big cliché. There’s no real understating behind him, no feeling either. He’s just another evil-jealous villain. There’re also bad and classic stereotypes throughout the movie, a real concern in my opinion, since Disney is a global phenomenon today. The Incredibles are also not that entertaining as what I expected to see, can’t really pinpoint why but there are just so many superhero-movies nowadays so the old ones feels just old I guess. There are on the other hand many funny moments that both kids and grown-ups can enjoy and many of them are indeed highly rememberable.

7.5/10
CineAutoctonoJul 21, 2015
PIXAR shows a history of superheroes but these are not of Marvel or DC Comics. But this film debut was spectacular, but when superheroes are family members.
MovieManiac83Apr 24, 2015
The Incredibles may become the first Disney/Pixar film not to dominate at the box office. That statement has nothing to do with the film's quality - in fact, The Incredibles is among the best of Pixar's digitally animated movies. However,The Incredibles may become the first Disney/Pixar film not to dominate at the box office. That statement has nothing to do with the film's quality - in fact, The Incredibles is among the best of Pixar's digitally animated movies. However, it's going up against The Polar Express, which has a number of advantages, not the least of which are its built-in audience and seasonal appeal. More than anything else, The Incredibles is likely to be a victim of bad timing. Don't shed any tears for its makers, however. The film will still keep the cash registers ringing until it attains "blockbuster" status, although it won't be the runaway hit that Pixar's last production, Finding Nemo, was.

As the crop of digitally animated films becomes more abundant, audiences are likely to demand increasingly more from such movies. The early efforts mostly had everything: beautiful visuals, great voice acting, and superior writing. But, as more of these pictures reach screens and they become "routine," it's natural to speculate whether there will be a slip in quality. Fortunately, such a trend (if it ever develops) is not in evidence in The Incredibles. As with Toy Story and Finding Nemo, Pixar has again struck gold. The Incredibles isn't just fine family entertainment, it's superior family entertainment.

One thing immediately noticeable about this picture is that it is markedly more mature in tone and approach than any previous digitally animated movie (excepting Final Fantasy, which was intended for - and did not reach - an entirely different audience). That's not to say that kids, even young ones, won't enjoy The Incredibles, but it appears that writer/director Brad Bird composed his film with older children and their parents in mind. Also, because of the long running time (nearly two hours), boys and girls prone to restlessness may have trouble sitting through everything.

With its amazing variety of locations (the streets of a city, under the sea, a tropical island, etc.), The Incredibles may be the most visually daunting animated film to reach the screen to-date. And it's close to flawless. Only the people are rendered more like cartoons than reality, and that's a conscious decision. (If you want to see almost-real humans, The Polar Express is the closest you're likely to get at this time.) Digital animation has become so commonplace that we take its detail for granted, but a little consideration of the needed effort will result in a reaction not far removed from awe.

Although The Incredibles has plenty of action (including chases and battle scenes), its strength is that it makes the characters and their relationships more important than the fights and pyrotechnics. This is a close family - they just happen to possess some rather unusual abilities. Think Spy Kids, only animated. Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl are still in love, even after 15 years of marriage (although she has adjusted better than him to domestic life). The children have believable love/hate relationships with their parents. Dash is willful and disobedient because he's bored - he wants to use his super-speed to excel in sports. And Violet has entered that gawky stage of life when her body becomes uncomfortable to inhabit. She uses her invisibility to spy on a boy she likes without being seen.

The film's director is Brad Bird, who fashioned the uncommon The Iron Giant, a traditionally animated effort that has developed a large following amongst adults. For his latest outing, Bird keeps the same audience in mind. Where some animated movies attract adults using pop references and sly one-liners, Bird keeps older viewers interested by not dumbing down his screenplay. It's inevitable that some of The Incredibles' themes (such as that of a middle-age crisis) will go over the heads of kids, but it won't hurt the experience for them. They'll still thrill to the action scenes and laugh at the jokes. And they'll get the overall message about parents being the most important superheroes. But Bird's approach makes this a richer and more worthwhile experience for the over-18 crowd. No need to don a trenchcoat and sneak into this movie.

Ever wonder whether retired superheroes are subject to widening midsections and bad backs? Do they have problems with male pattern baldness? Wonder no longer. Those are just a few of the lighter questions that The Incredibles answers. Bird's feature is appropriately titled - it describes how most viewers will react to this exemplary mixture of top-notch storytelling, visual razzle-dazzle, accessible humor, and involving action. The Incredibles is without question one of 2004's most accomplished and enjoyable family-oriented films.
Shady313Apr 13, 2015
1010 .................................................................................…………............................................................
teddylukeApr 6, 2015
the incredibles for me is the 3rd best Pixar movie of all time. the incredibles is really dark for a Pixar film (only film from Pixar to be PG) there is a manage of superhero's dying and I am ok with this.
homer4presidentMar 16, 2015
When a Pixar movie comes out, you know it will be great every time. And this is no exception. It has great humor and an awesome plot line. Not to mention the consistent animation, which is the best out of all the animation companies.
CherryxldNov 23, 2014
The Incredibles es una película de animación con mucha acción que no solo logra obtener un buen resultado entre la fusión de vida personal y vida de super-héroe, si no que también es un buen film del género familiar.
SythusRATINGSOct 19, 2014
From the creators of "Toy Story," "Monsters, Inc." and "Finding Nemo," comes this hilarious action-packed animated adventure about superheroes and their lifes.
Delaforce828Oct 13, 2014
Another great achievement from Pixar, but with human characters. The film definitely reminds me of The Simpsons because of the great connection between the family. The character of Bob Parr has a passion of being a superhero which reallyAnother great achievement from Pixar, but with human characters. The film definitely reminds me of The Simpsons because of the great connection between the family. The character of Bob Parr has a passion of being a superhero which really shows through his character. It's got action, suspense, and is probably one of Pixar's most grown up films Expand
FranzHcriticJul 7, 2014
One of Pixar's best, just under 'Toy Story'. It felt like every good superhero movie mixed in to create one juggernaut of a film. Funny, smart, and presses on the important issue of family, I recommend this to any Pixar enthusiast.
InlikeflynnJun 11, 2014
It's a really good movie...

It's a really good movie...

Almost every scene has something to appreciate; the story is solid, the characters are fun, the lore is kinda cool, the animation is great and the character design is very good... I know we have seen the super-hero family setting somewhere else but this movie somehow makes it work like is new, the length is fairly good and is a fun movie for young kids. The director has always been good with family bond movies and he repeats this statement with this film, I think the design of the characters are great, I think is important to say because many 3D films usually design the characters on the computer, but in this movie they were drawn first.

I think that the movie could have been much better if there was more focus on the family instead of Mr. Incredible's "mid-life crisis", I still think many can enjoy this film, is just that good... I highly recommend it.
Solo_Guy97Mar 25, 2014
This is a great movie to watch on the weekends for sure, it's got action, comedy, and the hint of love throughout the entire movie. It had its boring points of pointless scenes that were added as fillers, but still, a solid film! I do hopeThis is a great movie to watch on the weekends for sure, it's got action, comedy, and the hint of love throughout the entire movie. It had its boring points of pointless scenes that were added as fillers, but still, a solid film! I do hope they release "The Incredibles 2" after they introduced the new villain at the end (The Underminer). Expand
lukechristianscMar 15, 2014
i love brad birds animated films but even better the incredible's . sometimes i look at animated films in a different way but hey it i see a story about a super hero family which i actually enjoy at least it was better then watching tyleri love brad birds animated films but even better the incredible's . sometimes i look at animated films in a different way but hey it i see a story about a super hero family which i actually enjoy at least it was better then watching tyler perry's meet the browns . Expand
Pranay6Mar 15, 2014
Bird has created the unprecedented film that is not just a grand feature-length cartoon but a grand feature, period, a piece of animation that's involving across a spectrum of comedy, action, even drama.
AndremaxMar 5, 2014
in my childhood, it was my favorite animated movie
after years, it still continuing very amazing
the pixar disney don't let down in their epic 3D animations
MovieGuysJan 5, 2014
A classic superhero cum kids movie, The Incredibles is great for the whole family. Adults will actually enjoy this movie, and it is a little bit less kid-oriented than some other Pixar flicks. Either way, definitely see if you haven't already.
Trev29Nov 27, 2013
It would be very cliche to say it was incredible, but it was. Very clever story told with such poignancy. It really is great for all ages, which is something Pixar knows how to do well. Just fantastic.
RayzorMooseNov 12, 2013
The Incredibles is Incredible.
The Incredibles is Incredible.
A well paced well written story of super heroes that must learn to blend into society until a new villain emerges that threatens the public's safety. The Incredibles erupts with clever characters and emotional moments that all ages can cherish.
joao1198pedroOct 31, 2013
the disney pixar was making one movie better then another,but this time they made this movie(that is one of my best films)that isn't in the level of monsters inc(but is better then finding nemo).
UntoldAv3nGerSep 14, 2013
I love the movie and I love the game. So memorable, and enjoyable. It's a really well made movie all around. Some parts were kind of cheesy, which I didn't like. That and everything always blew up.
FRG2Aug 23, 2013
The incredibles makes honor to his name.Seriously,is so cool and fresh,than never gets old.The incredibles is incredible,and is superior to anything on animation.
SuperheroMoviesAug 5, 2013
The Incredibles is one of Pixar's finest features with wonderful special effects and a tremendous heart not often found in many films, animated or live action. Children and adults alike will be blown away by The Incredibles.
JacobAug 3, 2013
Overall I enjoy The Incredibles. While I feel that he movie may have a little too much going on at times, which causes it to feel a little length and slow at times, the film makes up for it with likeable characters, some great action scenes,Overall I enjoy The Incredibles. While I feel that he movie may have a little too much going on at times, which causes it to feel a little length and slow at times, the film makes up for it with likeable characters, some great action scenes, and an interesting plot. It does not hurt that the presentation in this movie Is fantastic. If you like family films, action films, and/or superhorse films, I’d say give it a watch. While the movie has its flaws and in my opinion is not as enjoyable as the last Pixar film Finding Nemo, The Incrediblesis an entertaining film that I have seen many times and will continue to watch until Pixar makes an Incredbiles 2, which I pray will happen. Expand
jeff_reviewsJul 4, 2013
"The Incredibles" is truly incredible. While mastering inventive storytelling with CG animation; where can you go wrong. Its story is able to mask spectacles and is a great tribute to superheroes. Which super hero action and the importance of"The Incredibles" is truly incredible. While mastering inventive storytelling with CG animation; where can you go wrong. Its story is able to mask spectacles and is a great tribute to superheroes. Which super hero action and the importance of family, you are left hanging off your seat for more. With "The Incredibles", they do give you much more than an ordinary super hero flick. Expand
StevenFMay 11, 2013
Pixar are no strangers to pushing out strong, emotionally driven and groundbreaking, but when The Incredibles came along it really created a whole new landscape for its films.
In a world where superheroes are just about everywhere, there is
In a world where superheroes are just about everywhere, there is a complete reliance on them from the general public, but they of course keep their identity..their most valuable asset, secret.
Mr. Incredible is the cream of the crop, superhuman strength and loved by the public. He is also getting married to ElastiGirl. But when he makes a judgement call by saving a suicidal man, who in turn decides to sue the hero, which sets off a chain of claims and court cases for "supers" all over the world, eventually driving them into exile.
The film then plays out in an almost sitcom like manner, with many quips of daily life and menial jobs, with Mr Incredible now under his real name of Bob Parr, working for an insurance company, bored with his routine life away from saving the world.But when he is set up to be the face of an unknown corporation which needs heroes, he soon suspects that something larger is afoot, but he must also tread carefully as he has yet to tell his wife of his activities.
The Incredibles combines the perfect blend of storytelling with plenty of animated action, but also throwing in a large message in the importance of family values and never to forget the past, as you will indeed be condemned to repeat, embrace and cherish those moments in your life which perhaps won't happen again.
Not only is this one of the best Pixar films to date, but could very well be one of the best superhero films to come around, live-action or animated, it simply doesn't matter, director Brad Bird has managed to find balance to how the modernisation of our current world can impact such events and phenomenons such as those with superpowers.
There is a perfect voice cast to push along this excellent film including Craig T. Nelson, Jason Lee, Holly Hunter and even Samuel L. Jackson, all separate characters with very different agendas, Mr Incredible would truly do anything for a trip back to the good old days, while his wife ElastiGirl may be content with normal life, but is more concerned about the well-being of her children.
There is also excellent comedy to be had, with hilarious characters in the form of Edna Mode, the heroes costume designer, and a little kid who sits outside waiting for something amazing to happen.
It truly adds up to a unique and brilliant take on being accepted in an unfamiliar society, which equals to a riveting and glorious film.
BradySmithMay 10, 2013
Perhaps the best animated movie ever made. It's actually more like an actual superhero movie than something you'd expect to come out of Pixar (not that their other movies are bad.) It's just written in a way that adults can relate to morePerhaps the best animated movie ever made. It's actually more like an actual superhero movie than something you'd expect to come out of Pixar (not that their other movies are bad.) It's just written in a way that adults can relate to more than little kids can, which is a good thing. The concept of a retired superhero who's tired of getting old is clever, and the animation itself is also really good. I'd say it's definitely Pixar's best. Expand
christhebeast42Apr 11, 2013
In my opinion this is pixar's 4th best film (behind the toy story movies). This is a fun, action packed family movie that I would recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it. This was my first theater experience, and what an experience it was.
sil3nt_nickMar 24, 2013
What a whimsical and hilarious way to invent new superheros! This film is excellent for children through adult, containing gut-busting comedy and talented actors. It may mot be quite as suited for the younger end of children, as it containsWhat a whimsical and hilarious way to invent new superheros! This film is excellent for children through adult, containing gut-busting comedy and talented actors. It may mot be quite as suited for the younger end of children, as it contains material that may not be understandable to them. Expand
potatoes351Feb 17, 2013
The Incredibles lives up to its name as being incredible. Pixar have brought to life the average comic book world full of heroes and villains that exist in everyday suburban life perfectly.
Bob Parr (Mr Incredible) is super strong and one of
Bob Parr (Mr Incredible) is super strong and one of the most well known and celebrated superheroes, however on the night when he causes a tram to crash injuring several civilians superheroes are outcast and must go into hiding. Now several years later, married to Helen Parr (Mrs Incredible/Elastagirl) and father of three children (Dash, Violet and Jack Jack). Working in an office and becoming tired of his 'normal life' Bob is contacted into doing an investigation into a mysterious project going on in a remote part of the world. It is not until he gets there that he realises that it is a sinister plot to kill all the superheroes that are still alive. It will take all of the 'Incredibles' and a few old friends to stop this evil plot and keep the world safe another day.
The Incredibles is exactly what we have come to expect from Pixar, a well written, emotional storyline with some excellent voice talent and masterful animation skills. The Incredibles gives Pixar a notable place as good action film makers too though due to the nature of the film, does this mean that Pixar have other plans than just being the family friendly animation studio we have come to know and love over the years? Only time will tell
WeaselboystFeb 5, 2013
Didn't like this when it first came out and ignored it when it aired on cable TV. I gave this movie another try and I realized what I was missing. This is a great family film. It's action-packed and most importantly its got a wonderfulDidn't like this when it first came out and ignored it when it aired on cable TV. I gave this movie another try and I realized what I was missing. This is a great family film. It's action-packed and most importantly its got a wonderful message that Pixar never fails to deliver. Collapse
Rox22Jan 31, 2013
I have no idea just how often I have seen this movie, and yet, I still enjoy it every time. It isn't my favorite Pixar movie but it's definitely somewhere at the top of that list. I love the animation. I love the voice acting. I love theI have no idea just how often I have seen this movie, and yet, I still enjoy it every time. It isn't my favorite Pixar movie but it's definitely somewhere at the top of that list. I love the animation. I love the voice acting. I love the characters. Such a wonderful parody, like watching the Fantastic 4 in a more "realistic" setting (I use that word very loosely for obvious reasons.) But, if I had to critique, I would say that the movie does focus a bit too much on Mr Incredible, particularly the first half of the movie. It does, however fix this in the second half, but I felt the rest of the family could have been a bit more included in the beginning and given a bit more time each to see how they were coping being "normal." Overall: A highly entertaining movie that will always be a centerpiece of my collection. Expand
MonsieurEamesJan 23, 2013
One of the best superhero movies ever made. The Incredibles is kind of a step in a different direction for Pixar, who are used to making brilliant G-rated kid movies, and this one was aimed for grown ups as much as it was for kids.
AeabottsDec 29, 2012
Let me say this is my favorite movie of all time. The storyline is one of the best i've ever seen, i mean come on, a family of superheros, who ever thought of that. It is so original and well written that it deserves a 10 across the board.Let me say this is my favorite movie of all time. The storyline is one of the best i've ever seen, i mean come on, a family of superheros, who ever thought of that. It is so original and well written that it deserves a 10 across the board. Each character is built magnificently and fully, i never feel like one of the characters is just a sideshow, each on has a specific role and they fill it perfectly. What makes this movie so great is how you can relate to it, even though its about superheros. Their family and characters can easily relate to yours or people you know. overall this is one of the best animated films of all time. And i read the negative reviews and i mean come on, you just wrote those reviews to hurt its overall rating, there was no other point Expand
anshimanDec 23, 2012
Bursting with eye-popping visuals, fast=paced action, a viscerally clever plot, a satirical twist flavoured with old-school comics and witty humour, The Incredibles is the shining example of Pixar's storytelling mastery.
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
"The Incredibles" is truly one of Pixar's greatest achievements, as it not only provides thrills and beautiful animation, but it successfully bridges the gap between child and adult entertainment.
imthenoobNov 22, 2012
I said the same thing for Toy Story and it applies once again for The Incredibles. It's simple one of those films that you can not pass up seeing. It's funny, has solid action, and it's interesting to watch. Definently worth checking out.
yudi15Oct 19, 2012
Sometimes i really wonder why oscar snubs animated movies, i mean in terms of storytelling, humour and the entire chemistry among the animated characters is so real and satisfying that at one point u think that they're real people with a trueSometimes i really wonder why oscar snubs animated movies, i mean in terms of storytelling, humour and the entire chemistry among the animated characters is so real and satisfying that at one point u think that they're real people with a true emotions facing the daily crisis and learning to deal with it. The protagonist anguish and self denial is correctly drawn and younger character's reluctance to mix with daily life depiction is though humorous but there ia a sense of loss. It could have won the best picture had it not fallen into the trap of utter prejudice and lobbying. Also academy's attitude of shunting somebody's work for long time and then present them when they did not deserve. Expand
GarianAug 7, 2012
This was a great movie, it brought lots of laughs and it kept you entertained the whole way through. If I were to pick an old, fun movie for my future child, i'd definitely get him the DVD of this film.
aaronpaul121May 25, 2012
Amazing film AGAIN from Pixar. I'm not a big fan of superhero films but this one really amazes me. It has the comic element that is mixed with family affair and sympathy. Graphics are incredible and the plot is very exciting. This is anAmazing film AGAIN from Pixar. I'm not a big fan of superhero films but this one really amazes me. It has the comic element that is mixed with family affair and sympathy. Graphics are incredible and the plot is very exciting. This is an animation to a whole new level...... Expand
csw12Mar 30, 2012
Brillance cannot begin to describe this movie. Pixar has made its best movie since Toy Story. A wonderful story, with compelling charcters mixed with action scenes that are better than action films. Pixar has put out a true masterpiece withBrillance cannot begin to describe this movie. Pixar has made its best movie since Toy Story. A wonderful story, with compelling charcters mixed with action scenes that are better than action films. Pixar has put out a true masterpiece with The Incredibles. Expand
heyitsmegrif4Jan 16, 2012
Fantastic animation, great action, originality and talented voice work make for a very entertaining Pixar adventure that pushes boundaries on the Pixar level. I give this film 87%.
asylumspadezNov 20, 2011
I thought it was great. Some parts in the film are a little slow but overall its a great film. I enjoyed it from start to finish. The one flaw is that it could have been a bit shorter but besides that its still good.
ZilcellNov 18, 2011
If you want an animated film with a lot of action and a great story then The Incredibles is right for you. It also has a great villain that makes the plot very convincing.
YoshipieNov 15, 2011
One of my favorite Pixar movies of all time. Pixar outdid itself by tying a genre that is unusual for a child's viewing - action. It is weaved perfectly, still giving themes of perseverance, family and courage. Notable scores were composed toOne of my favorite Pixar movies of all time. Pixar outdid itself by tying a genre that is unusual for a child's viewing - action. It is weaved perfectly, still giving themes of perseverance, family and courage. Notable scores were composed to perfectly suit several situations in the plot. Simply beautiful and stunning. Expand
RogerSmith97Nov 4, 2011
This Is A Really Good Movie... I Think Somewhat Overated... VERY VERY GOOD! The Best Movie Of 04! :D
grandpajoe6191Sep 29, 2011
From super hero action to the importance of unity as a family, Pixar's "Incredibles" just amazes me of their powerful appeal and last. Man, it's just incredible....
JawsPapi87Aug 12, 2011
First of all I need to say that this was snubbed for a best picture nomination in 2004. I haven't seen The Aviator or Sideways but I actually thought this was better than Million Dollar Baby and the best movie I've seen from 2004. It's almostFirst of all I need to say that this was snubbed for a best picture nomination in 2004. I haven't seen The Aviator or Sideways but I actually thought this was better than Million Dollar Baby and the best movie I've seen from 2004. It's almost perfect in terms of kids movies. Its animation, storytelling, character originality and humor is so satisfying that I could watch this movie once a week and never get tired of it Expand
AlecinoJul 28, 2011
Brad Bird does it again!!! If you like action movies, Pixar movies, and Brad Bird, this is totally the film for you. The Incredibles takes what made The Iron Giant great and makes it 3D. Brad Bird made The Iron Giant a masterpiece, and nowBrad Bird does it again!!! If you like action movies, Pixar movies, and Brad Bird, this is totally the film for you. The Incredibles takes what made The Iron Giant great and makes it 3D. Brad Bird made The Iron Giant a masterpiece, and now he has made The Incredibles a masterpiece. The Incredibles is definitely worth watching. Expand
gm101Apr 7, 2011
Being a big fan of both action movies and Pixar movies, I knew this movie was right for me. And sure enough, I ended up really enjoying the movie. Felt just like watching some of the great superhero movies out there.
ovi_bzJan 16, 2011
Nice animation.
MovieLonely94Oct 31, 2010
also, my favorite Pixar movie next to Finding Nemo and the Toy Story trilogy.
JudddyOct 4, 2010
Perhaps second only to 'Finding Nemo' on Pixar's finest achievements list, 'The Incredibes' is one of the most exciting and action packed animated films ever made. The story is simple but perfect for a bucket load of special effects, thePerhaps second only to 'Finding Nemo' on Pixar's finest achievements list, 'The Incredibes' is one of the most exciting and action packed animated films ever made. The story is simple but perfect for a bucket load of special effects, the characters, especially Edna Mode, are memorable, the music is terrific and the animation is typically stunning for Pixar. A wondeful achievement. Expand
Ikarus14Aug 25, 2009
Just when Pixar where in danger of repeating themselves, Brad Bird ('Iron Giant' and 'Ratatouille') came and took them elsewhere for the best.
JohnAug 17, 2009
If we're all special, none of us are. Let the best of us shine.
DreH.Jun 25, 2009
Easily one of the best movies ever made, and probably one of the best CGI movies ever made, with special features to make it last.
FranciscoMMay 31, 2009
Not original, not funny, but enjoyable.
1 of 8 users found this helpful
anonymousMar 3, 2008
can I just say "best new animated film ever!!!" its a classic superhero movie I really don't see how anyone could watch this movie and not enjoy it
JHJan 1, 2008
Another great film by Brad Bird. This was a digital achievement for Pixar. It is one of the animated films along with Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ratatouille, Totoro, and The Iron Giant that delivered a fantasy for fans that Another great film by Brad Bird. This was a digital achievement for Pixar. It is one of the animated films along with Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ratatouille, Totoro, and The Iron Giant that delivered a fantasy for fans that are a geek of heart. Expand
ZeeMSep 21, 2007
My Favorite Animation Movie Ever! From Start To Finish, It Was Completely INCREDIBLE!
JackBalderAug 23, 2007
One of the best Pixar movies that is very enjoyable, funny, but not as good as "A Bug's life, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, or Monsters inc."
davezJul 20, 2007
Great Fun!!! Surprisingly dramatic for an animated film with lots of comedy. A standard by which all future animated films will be compared. the dvd is better than the movie (I loved the extra interviews of superheroes not shown in the Great Fun!!! Surprisingly dramatic for an animated film with lots of comedy. A standard by which all future animated films will be compared. the dvd is better than the movie (I loved the extra interviews of superheroes not shown in the movie.) All emotions are evoked. Ratatouille cannot compare. Expand
ChristopherJ.Mar 20, 2007
Good animation, and semi-interesting blend of superhero/nuclear-family. The cliches bored me by the end, though. It would have been better as a 30 minute film.
1 of 10 users found this helpful
TomJ.May 24, 2006
A fantastic movie in every way. I mean it.
JeremyE.Apr 18, 2006
was a great animated movie, but incredibly overrated. It was a great film but with all the hype measured up for it you'd expect it to be groundbreaking. It's not. If you're going to watch this movie, go in with low expectations.
JesseB.Apr 15, 2006
I don't know how, or why, but I love this film not dissimilarly to the way that I love 1997's most deserving movie for the Best Picture Oscar, "L.A. Confidential". This film harkens back to a time long removed, but not forgotten in I don't know how, or why, but I love this film not dissimilarly to the way that I love 1997's most deserving movie for the Best Picture Oscar, "L.A. Confidential". This film harkens back to a time long removed, but not forgotten in the world of creative cinema and TV, when kids were reading the Amazing Stories comic books and children staid up past their bed times to watch Rod Serling on the "Twilight Zone". This movie is gold. Expand
NickK.Dec 12, 2005
Incredible!! I absolutely loved this film from start to finish. The plot, pacing, characterisation, humour, visual jokes, storyline and groundbreaking computer grahpics are all blended perfectly in my opinion into one of the best films ever Incredible!! I absolutely loved this film from start to finish. The plot, pacing, characterisation, humour, visual jokes, storyline and groundbreaking computer grahpics are all blended perfectly in my opinion into one of the best films ever made and definately the best animated film ever. This film is pure genius (again) by Pixar and a trully must-see film for the whole family. Expand
DavidD.Oct 19, 2005
Finally, a good movie! This is one of Pixar's best, knocking off the first Toy Story. It slyly skewers the classic comic book movie and action movies in general, all while being hilarious and fun!
BrianaS.Oct 14, 2005
It is so funny and exciting! They should film more movies like this one. Awesome job, Pixar.
MaddieS.Sep 28, 2005
This was a graet movie and it's a family movie as well. me and my little brother love this. As does my big brother, my half-brothers, my step-sister...you get the picture.
IlzeS.Sep 17, 2005
Overall it was good. Only I like Shrek 2 better!