5.8

1. Jun 16, 2013
    Next time someone makes a commercial for Google pick better actors, a better director and better screenwriters.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    Personally I loved this movie and am really surprised at the negative reviews. The story was tight with great acting and plenty of humorous lines throughout. By the way the comedy wasn't just stupid sex jokes... it was actually decent, witty stuff for the most part. The story also had a nice overarching theme concerning the positive effects of change in life which I appreciated. In any case go and watch this. Expand
  3. Jun 14, 2013
    Quite possibly among the worst comedy's I have ever seen. Not one laugh. How can they release a movie like this? Anyone who sees it will know in the first 30 minutes it is awful. Nothing works. Just awful.
  4. Jun 29, 2013
    Lame, extraordinarily formulaic and JUST NOT FUNNY. The protagonist's comedic timing is off, and just plain annoying. It relies heavily on sex jokes and overuse of the word 's**t'.

Two points are awarded to the likeability of Rose Byrne and Josh Radnor.
  5. Jul 14, 2013
    This was just one giant commercial for Google. On top of that is pretty much insults anyone over 40 and acts like they are technological dolts. Earth to movie makers, we created the Internet and know about computers than most game playing younger idiots!!
  6. Jul 7, 2013
    Whoever came up with the base idea to reunite Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn should be commended. Whoever came up with the ideas past that point shouldn't be writing comedy movies. The Internship, which is hardly a film, is a true disappointment. I say it's hardly a film because it's just one big commercial for Google. How to improve this movie: Make it R rated, don't make it about Google. They could have gone with any other R rated plot and it would have better. What a disappointment. Expand
  7. Jun 7, 2013
    This movie is really disappointing. I wanted this movie to remind me that Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson can work really well in funny comedies. They really let me down. The story is really strange but doesn't fit the bill. The characters aren't that great either. Don't get me wrong, it does have its funny moments, but like I said before, it's just not funny. Overall, it's just a plain and potentially underrated comedy. Expand
  8. Jul 2, 2013
    why the hell is this movie on 43? this is a fantastic movie and i urge you guys to go and see it not perfect though and that non perfect bit is when it just get RIGHT into the story and in its final act ending is satisfying but not the best
  9. Jun 14, 2013
    Ignore the bad reviews about this movie. The Internship is a great comedy movie! The idea f trying to get a job at Google is really quite cool!
    I have to say though, one of the scenes (I'm not going to say because it is a spoiler) is a bit wrong and goes for too long too.
    I'm guessing that about 95% of the bat reviews are just people with too high expectations.
    Either way, The
    Internship is a good Friday night Comedy!
    I hope they make a sequel!
  10. Jun 21, 2013
    This film was surprisingly really funny. I wouldn't say that it was a stand out in any way but it is most certainly not a bad movie like a lot of people have been saying.
  11. Jun 11, 2013
    Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson try to rekindle the comic charisma that worked in "Wedding Crashers," but with no help from the script (which Vaugh co-wrote). They play 2 laid-off salesmen who get gigs as summer interns at Google with hopes of landing a job for them and their team of misfits. It's been a plot staple since "Bad News Bears:" This seemingly hopeless group comes together to beat all odds. Although there are some mildly amusing supporting characters, Vaughn and Wilson flail around with pitiful patter and lame jokes. There's plenty of energy, but not many laffs. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2013
    The sense of making a movie like "The Internship" is lost on me: with terrible acting, paper-thin story and absolutely no laughter guaranteed, it's the longest and the most boring Google commercial ever made.
  13. Jun 7, 2013
    “The Internship” runs for 118 minutes and if you walk in at the the 90 minute mark you will leave feeling good and not feel as if you had missed anything as to up that mark you know the movie and what is going to happen.

“The Internship is a full blown love letter to Google and will make you want to work there starting tomorrow. Who wouldn’t want to work in a place where all the food
    you want to eat and drink is free, you can go from one floor down to another using a slide and one place to another with free bikes not to forget the nap-pods if you want a quick snooze?

Billy (Vince Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) find themselves, unexpectedly, out of work and Billy comes across information that Google will be hiring internships for the summer. As hard as 20 year old smart college graduates finds it getting a job men in their mid-40s have it rougher. The film is about the older generation competing with the younger Internet whizzes and you know who is going to teach what to whom. Billy and Nick find themselves in a team consisting of 3 other interns (Tiya Sircar, Tobit Raphael and Dylan O’Brien) supervised by a Google kid, more than man, Josh Brener, who must come in number 1 in order to get the internship. There are many teams who want to win, one in particular lead by a bully played by actor Max Minghella, that looks like they will win.

Spoilers? Not really! You know who will win, who will get their comeuppance and who will wind up with workaholic executive Rose Byrne just as you know who will win the competition. It is a Hollywood ending which will leave you smiling and that is the purpose of this movie. The serious issues of old versus young, nerds versus feel good salesmen and how hard it is to get a job for any generation in today’s world.

“The Internship” is rated PG-13 for the expected language, crude party humor along with some sexuality but none as bad as it could have been. The direction by Shawn Levy and the screenplay by Vince Vaughn and Jared Stern along with most of the other production values are pedestrian.

San Francisco, along with the Golden Gate bridge, are made to shine but not as brightly as the Google headquarters inside and out and all the perks that go along with working at/for Google.
  14. Jul 6, 2013
    I planed on going to this movie for a short escape from the hub bub of life. I find this movie a average bit of entertainment but kind of fun to watch. A couple of laughs and pretty good acting and a pretty good story. Not an exceptional movie just kind of fun.
  15. Jun 16, 2013
    The movie is better than I expected. Watching both Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn in one movie is always great. The idea of the movie is actual and modern plus it was fun to watch how the things are done in Google. Most of the storyline twists are banal, but still the movie is worth one watch.
  16. Jul 14, 2013
    "Jim, he's dead". The Internship shoves down audience's throat the search engine giant's product portfolio with message of it being fun, unconventional and creative place to work. Unfortunately, this hopelessly outdated and predictable movie doesn't possess any of those qualities.
  17. Jun 16, 2013
    Having an interesting setting, this movie fail at almost every aspect! There are some funny moments, but 95% of "The Internship" is just boring, the script is dull, jokes are stupid. The positive thing is acting, it's not that bad! Overall it's a waste of time
  18. Jun 7, 2013
    The Internship rejoins comedy giants Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson for the first time since 2005’s surprisingly successful film, “Wedding Crashers,” which grossed upwards of $200 million domestically. Unfortunately, The Internship falls short of the duo’s previous film, largely in part to the film’s PG-13 rating and its exceptionally predictable script.

Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson play
    Billy and Nick, two aging salesmen who lose their jobs as reps for a watch manufacturing company when their boss (John Goodman) shuts down the company as he perceives watches becoming obsolete in a world dominated by technology where people would rather check the time on their smartphones. To make matters worse, Billy’s girlfriend walks out on him because she has had enough of Billy “talking a big game” and Nick is reduced to working for his sister’s uncouth husband (an uncredited Will Ferrell) as a mattress salesman.

Billy constructs a master plan to get the two out of their rut by enrolling in classes at the University of Phoenix, the Harvard of online schools, and applying for an internship at Google. Never mind that the two applying to Google is comparable to taking floaties off of a toddler and asking him to swim the English Channel. Despite Billy and Nick’s obvious lack of any technical qualifications, illustrated in a webcam interview that shows the two talking excessively loud and squeezing together like sardines in a can to fit within the webcam’s field of view, the two miraculously land the internship.

Billy and Nick arrive at Google Headquarters in Silicon Valley and are thrust into a world full of tech-savvy super nerds like fish out of water. Google’s internship director (Aasif Mandvi) tells the group of new Google interns, aptly named noogles, to separate into groups as the groups would compete in several competitions for a limited number of guaranteed full-time positions at Google. Used to a life of being chosen first in athletics, Nick and Billy are surprised to find themselves without a team. They join the leftovers led by the overenthusiastic junior Google mentor, Lyle (Josh Brener). Other group members include the cynical Stuart (Dylan O’Brien), the obvious Asian stereotype afraid of his mother, Yo-Yo Santos, (Tobit Raphael), and the token female, Neha (Tiya Sircar).

The leftovers are pitted against a group who, despite also being Google-caliber geniuses, seem to be several rungs above on the social ladder. The group is led by the smooth yet pompous Brit, Graham (Max Minghella). While at first being less than useful to the group, Nick and Billy’s limitation turn into assets as they help the kids break out of their shells and bring real-world experiences and people skills to compliment the other team member’s computer smarts. The transformation of the characters and the challenges offer some genuinely heart-felt moments and a smattering of laughs, but the outcome of the competition is never seriously in question.

Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are excellent, adding their signature fast-paced back-and-forth banter as they feed of each other in a manner similar to their performance in “Wedding Crashers.” The rest of the acting core is fairly solid as well, including Rose Byrne, who plays Dana, a work-obsessed Google employee and romantic interest of Nick. Unfortunately the great majority of the actors are limited in their roles by the rather one-dimensional characters created by writers Vince Vaughn and Jared Stern. Although the film has its share of laughs and a refreshingly optimistic take on life, it plays more as a tiresomely-long Google commercial rather than live up to its comedic potential.
  19. Jun 12, 2013
    "The internship" is good comedy, you get a lot of laughs there and then. I don't know why this film got a bunch of negative reviews. Ignore them, the critics probably had high expectations or something.This film actually teaches you some life lessons throughout the movie. The movie should have been about 10 or so minutes shorter. I definitely liked the whole idea about finding jobs at google. In conclusion, I enjoyed this movie, my dad did too. Overall I give this film an 8 out of 10. It's a must see movie! Expand
  20. Jun 16, 2013
    We went to this movie with very low expectations but were delighted by the good pace of the movie and its somewhat silly but entertaining moral. It emphasizes through comedy the distance that is continually growing between the generations when it comes to the use of on line technologies. It tries not to be judgmental and leaves room for us all to work together. Both trite and completely appropriate. Expand
  21. Jun 16, 2013
    Didn't like this movie at all. We were ready to walk out but glad we stayed because the last 15 mins were the best part. Is this the end of the Vaughn/Wilson comedy team? I hope not.
  22. Jun 18, 2013
    The Internship is a movie filled with mild laughs throughout. And when i say "mild", I mean very very very mild, at the most, nothing. Lots of the humor is appealing towards an audience who pretty much laugh at anything. The reason this movie gets a 6 instead of a 5 is the ending. This movie is obviously not made to be critically acclaimed, it's made to have fun. It's a feel-good movie that will have you at the end, smiling. Expand
  23. Jun 24, 2013
  24. Jun 29, 2013
    It's an outdated recruitment video for Google and it would probably have been more fitting to be in movie cinemas a decade ago. They probably should also have gotten better comedy actors than these two.
  25. Jul 3, 2013
    I loved this movie! For anyone born in the 70's and 80's it is a must see especially if you can remember life before the internet!. A real feel good movie with Vaughn and Owen playing off each other like in Wedding Crashes though the humour is not as edgy as that movie. The movie is formulaic but still enjoyable and a welcome relief from all the superhero action hysteria that has taken over the cinema screens in the last few years. Expand
  26. Jul 10, 2013
    This movie is great if you can relate to it. If you've ever experienced self-esteem or similar psychological issues then this is the movie that'll pick you up, even if it's temporary. Expect to laugh, maybe even cry. This is a fun movie, a feel good movie. Nothing more.
  27. Jul 10, 2013
    Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson partner up once more and for the most part it works.

Billy McMahon(Vaughn) and Nick Campbell (Wilson) are seeking new employment after losing their jobs as salesman. With some luck they manage to become part of a internship at Internet giant Google.

The plot was pretty simplistic and a bit predictable at times but it was also witty through out and flowed
    well. It's one of those movies which is supposed to give you a feel good feeling.

Vaughn and Wilson do a decent job and a few impressive performances from some young upcoming actors and actresses also.
  28. Jul 16, 2013
    I didn't expect the film to be good because I saw it had bad reviews, however after viewing it I found it was funny. it didn't have the most interesting story line, but it was satisfactory x
  29. Jul 29, 2013
    this movie vastly surpassed my expectations and restored my faith in the Vince Vaughan/ Owen Wilson duo. The premise of the movie is interesting and very age appropriate. The writing was well down and witty. Good popcorn flick overall
  30. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The creative idea of "The Internship" uses Google's internship program as the basis of the movie. It features Billy and Nick (Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson) who are in their early forties and are out of the technology generation. They are both watch salesman who are trying to get by in the tough times. The owner of the company (John Goodman) has to let both of them go because sales are down and everyone uses their cell phone.

Nick, (Owen Wilson) gets a job at a cheap bed store run by Will Ferrell. He has a brief roll in the movie and the humor falls short. I could tell that comedy was in the script for Will but it just didn't get to most of the audience. Billy, (Vince Vaughn) pretty much tells Nick that this is not how he should spend his life and explains that he got them a job at Google. The thing is that the interview is via Google hangout so they have to do it at the library. I thought that this was the funniest part of the movie.

We can see them on the hangout. As they both are technology challenged, they're talking way too loud at the screen and sitting way too close together after being reminded many times that the interviewers can hear them fine. As the movie was shot at the Google campus, everything is very accurate. As predicted, they get the internship job and are the odd men out. They are answering all the questions wrong such as thinking its okay to have a beer with your boss. Later in the session, it is time for the interns to pick teams and they are put with a present Google employee, and some others such as Tiya Sircar, Dylan O'Brien, Tobit Raphael, and Josh Brener.

In the beginning of the movie no one likes Billy and Nick because they have no skills in that category at all. After being down 70 to nothing in a quidditch game, Billy and Nick give the team an inspiring talk which really gets the team off running. Though they lost, they started winning tasks and becoming a threat to the other teams. Since the majority of the team is nerds, Nick and Billy take the team out to a bar for dinner to have a good time and bond. Without getting into too much detail, they all had an amazing night even "the best night of their lives." They really play up the "Google" environment in the movie, such as free food, volleyball courts, and slides.

I did not have to watch the whole movie to already know the ending. Don't get me wrong, the movie was very funny and entertaining, but it did not have a very sophisticated plot and when this occurs, the movie usually ends up predictable. I think Vince and Owen have a great time in movies together so the humor comes naturally. Would I see it in the theater? No. It is a movie that you don’t require your full attention. My suggestion is to wait for the DVD. Despite saying all this, I did laugh out loud many times and I think this is definitely a movie to see.
  31. Oct 23, 2013
    Not only did it not make me laugh, it annoyed me that i had been foolish enough to spend my money and time watching an advert for Google. i kept expecting to see a skip ad icon flash up on the screen to end the misery, but it never did.
  32. Jun 10, 2013
    Ignore the negative reviews. This is the feel-good movie of the summer! The trailers make The Internship look like it had been scripted by a focus group to please Hollywood's 20-Something demographic. However, and to my pleasant surprise, the premise of two burned out salesmen Owen Wilson and VInce Vaughn trying to get traction at Google is developed nicely so that the life's lessons they impart to their young, summer-intern teammates ring true.

Yes, the script is predictable, but the film engages and entertains nonetheless. And yes, it is an ad for Google, but with a mild twist at the end that reflects honestly, in my opinion the core values of a great company that will always resist the tug of "going corporate" by doing things in a conventional way.
  33. CBZ
    Jun 9, 2013
    This is a good Sunday night movie to have a couple of laughs.
    It's not one of those movies where all the funny parts are in the commercials. I actually really enjoyed and laughed throughout the movie.
    I dont understand all the negative comments. Looking at them it seems like those people just had very high expectations and thought this would be another Wedding Crashers all over again.
  34. Dec 29, 2013
    I have to admit that I wasn't really expecting much from this movie based on the trailers, but I decided to give it a shot anyway and I'm really glad I did. It's very funny and Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn make an excellent comedic duo. The whole cast gives excellent performances here and there are some great cameos. The movie has a very familiar "old dogs can learn new tricks" feel to it, but the amount of hilarious moments here keep this movie afloat. So if you're looking for a good comedy this is a pretty great choice. It will bring tons of laughs and main characters you just can't help but root for. All in all I'm very impressed. Expand
  35. Oct 14, 2013
    what can i say? 2 old guys get into a small team of sociably awkward geeks and get to win an internship at google and helping them sorting their own social faults.
    Seen it done a thousand times, watch it if you don't cringe at this types of movies.
  36. Jun 29, 2013
    Entertaining light movie. No real acting or events, just nice pastime. The couple Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are two salesmen who lose their job because they are selling no longer needed wrist watches. They have to start a new career, they did find an internship in Google. As computer illiterate they have to compete and team up with a generation 20 years younger. Acceptable theme, that gives a banner, never give up. The movie is centered about the two main characters, and how they overcome the mistrust of the younger generation. The difference in ages led to too much preaching from the couple, as they represent wisdom and experience, that 's the main flaw, younger no longer accept words from above, but the scenario did. But it is a movie to see, at least to get away from daily tensions. Expand
  37. Dec 7, 2013
    Two over-40 salesmen (Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn) experience a business setback and manage to land themselves an internship at Google corporate headquarters in the San Francisco area. This is highly irregular, since the word “internship” usually implies a training program for a university student who is seeking a career. The interns should not be much older than 22, so the characters of Nick and Billy are like fish out of water when they arrive at the Google corporate campus that looks like a nursery school for grown-ups. (There is a sliding pond to get from one floor to another, a spacecraft suspended from the ceiling, and the entire decor is done in the garish colors that are found on the Google trademark.)

The film is meant to be comical in a charming, goofy kind of way, but it is also a 2-hour aggrandizement of corporate life at Google. There’s not a lot of plot to fill in two hours as the interns form teams and have to compete against each other in a series of events that are called “challenges.” They have a sports challenge (which, strangely enough, is a game of Quidditch), a program coding challenge to find a subtle bug, a helpline challenge to answer every kind of user question, a challenge to invent a new app, and a sales challenge. The winning team will receive the ultimate prize, which is full-time employment at Google.

After watching this film, you might not want to work there. Interns wear Google beanie caps and t-shirts, employees cheerfully eat at outdoor tables that make every lunch hour look like the Annual Employee Picnic, and employees are judged not just by their skills but by how “googley” they are. Being googley means the employee is a cross between a boy scout and a saint. After searching the Internet (notice I did not say that I “googled it,” which is not English), I found that being googley includes the following traits: doing what’s right; being goal-oriented; being proactive, friendly, and highly motivated; valuing customers and coworkers; being concerned with excellent quality; and being honest, transparent, and fair with a good sense of humor. Oh, yes, last but not least—being humble. According to the film, there are other unwritten rules such as dating among interns being frowned upon ("Google is not match.com"), a policy which clearly does not apply to corporate officers, such as Google cofounder and multibillionaire, Sergey Brin. (Brin makes a brief uncredited appearance at the end of the film, which one can presume was a nod of approval from those on high.)

Google has taken corporate paternalism to such absurd heights (including free food in the cafeteria), that young people may not even be able to develop character or a sense of identity if they spend too many years working for the firm. And no union steward will ever see the inside of those hallowed halls. Yet, in spite of the high ideals that are lauded in the name of googliness, the film depicted a rivalry between the intern teams that was so fierce, it was positively nasty and mean-spirited. At least for the purposes of the film, cheating at the sports challenge was openly accepted as fair play, as was physical assault. Google employees who were successful and held in high managerial esteem were portrayed as being so workaholic that they had no personal life and were extremely limited in their range of interests (other than fitness, sports, and a few other pastimes that might meet with corporate approval).

Although this would appear to be the Garden of Eden for employment, a closer inspection might welcome a more pragmatic view of ace employees who work hard, know their stuff, have families, hobbies and interests, complain bitterly about the food in the employee cafeteria, and in general have a bad attitude toward their bosses.
  38. Oct 24, 2013
    The Internship is one of the best comedy movies I've seen in years. The combination of Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson continues to be comedy gold and the cameos of actors like Will Ferrell were great. Also, I absolutely love Rose Byrne so her having a decent role was nice to see. The rest of the supporting actors were solid as well. Honestly, if you liked The Wedding Crashers, you'll love this movie. If you didn't like it then you won't. Expand
  39. Oct 12, 2013
    There were parts that were certainly funny and entertaining. That being said, It's a painfully generic story that is incredibly predictable and far too long (2 hour run time), The last 20 minutes of which was just torture to sit through because it was so slow. I think if it were shorter then it would have been a more bare-able film. I mean there is a club scene an hour into it that's like 20 minutes long, There should been cut to 5-10 minutes at best because it offered pretty much nothing to the story other than needless secondary character back-story that offered nothing to the film.

So overall, It could have been better than what it was, That's something everyone can agree on, but it wasn't that bad. If you like sappy, predictable comedies then it's right up your alley but other than that, I wouldn't say it's the kind of film you go out of your way to watch. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.
  40. Dec 24, 2013
    Too much talking, too many people talking nonsense and too many times people talking so fast nobody can understand what they're saying. The jokes are embarrassing and the entire concept is stupid.
  41. Jan 5, 2014
    I want to know who comes up with stuff like this? This movie is nothing but a bunch of rambling misplaced jokes that aren't funny at all. The length is undeserved. It might be time for these actors to hang it up.
  42. Dec 28, 2013
    The Internship is a boring, confusing and unfunny movie that its lead stars cannot save its many flaws of the movie.

(Personal Note: I am forced to watch this movie with my friends as we have no idea what to watch)
  43. Jun 14, 2013
    This movie was okay. There were a couple of funny lines, but not enough to get me to give it a fully positive review. The story was not bad and it was a bit of a walking ad for google. Makes me want to work there now. If you don't have anything to see right now, this movie would not be a bad choice.
  44. Oct 8, 2013
    Why Google ever agreed to actively cooperate on this godawful insult to it's own name will forever remain a mystery to me. 'The Intership' is a shining example of why Hollywood should quit making comedies altohether and stay the f*ck away from IT related stuff. The story is a copy and paste of the typical from zero to hero, loser to winner story you all must be sick to death of by now (I know I am). You get punched in the face with every imaginable cliché about computer nerds and group stereotypes. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn -the worst comedic duo since Hitler and Göring- do their typical fast talking/rating act instead of something that would be actualy funny. And why make it 125mins long, torturing people for 90 mins wasn't enough? Unfortunalty it made some money so some Tinseltown shmuck might think it'd be a good idea to try something similar again, but this is realy is thing that should not be repeated ever again. Expand
  45. Feb 4, 2014
    This is not WEDDING CRASHERS! These two have been paired before and leads to significantly less. Less laughs, less acting and much less originality. The plot is WEAK and characters cliches'. Worse is the predictable course this movie takes through to the end. I could ID with some of the office interactions and did laugh-but not enough to recommend this, much less watch it again.
  46. Jun 25, 2013
    Did Google fund this movie because its really just an ad for them. If future use no name actors not the talents of Vaughn and Wilson. Could have been a good film if they were making a film not an commercial.. I give a 5/10 to Vaughn and Wilson for trying there hardest to make it a better film.
  47. Nov 25, 2013
    Despite its many weaknesses, it was entertaining. It was not dumbed down for the non-geek people and I'm glad for that. There was an instance of an unexpected extended nudity sequence so be aware.
  48. Jan 20, 2014
    I actually was quite fond of this movie - partly because I connected and sympathized with some of the supporting cast (my age group) while also understanding where the lead characters were coming from (some friends and family have experienced something similar in their careers recently). The on-screen chemistry of Owen and Vince, to me, is as usual excellent in this film. In terms of laughs - this one had some not-so-funny moments but for the most part I found it entertaining and amusing.

I am also admittedly a big Google fan so it was nice to see more of their campus - though a lot of information revealed about it I already knew about beforehand, it was still nice to actually see it. The romance part of the film seemed a bit forced, as if they needed to check that box off as part of their checklist to complete the movie, but it was not exactly a bad thing.

Overall, a good comedy flick set in the turbulent and competitive job market that exists today.
  49. Aug 3, 2013
    this was a fun movie. The movie was quite funny i didnt expect it to be very good because the trailers did not make it look very good but i decided to watch the movie to see how i would like it and i loved the movie it was funny and i got interested in the story and wanted to see what happened at the end. Overall i enjoyed the movie but it may not be for everyone
  50. Jan 4, 2014
    It's a likeable but not all that funny comedy. Vince Vaughn, and Owen Wilson are as amusing as always, but the script is as formulaic as it gets. That doesn't mean that it's bad, but it never really does anything unexpected. In its defense it flows along smoothly enough. For a while I was thinking that the movie was going to stay clear of raunch and become a more wholesome than average film. It proved me wrong however, and fell into that pit anyways. There are a couple of funny moments, but nothing as inspired as in Anchorman, or The Hangover. Overall it's an amusing and easygoing movie, but nothing all that memorable. Expand
  51. Jun 7, 2013
    Imagine a PG-version of a Vince Vaughn movie say a tamer Old School, a gentler Dodgeball or a significantly less raunchy Wedding Crashers and you've basically got The Internship, the actor's latest underdog comedy hitting theatres. The Internship follows a pair of smooth-talking salesmen/best buds who find themselves turfed when their workplace goes under. In a mid-life attempt to strike out beyond "safe" decisions, the outdated duo They rock out to 90s-era Alanis Morissette! They cite Flashdance for motivation! vie for Google's internship program and pit themselves against the younger generation's best and brightest in hopes of landing a job at the wildly successful company. What comes next ticks every box of the typical underdog tale. Billy (Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) are targeted by an ambitious, jerky, British (of course!) antagonist (Max Minghella) check. They're thrown together with a band of nerdy misfit/outcast archetypes check (in this case, a handful of cynical Millenials long on book-learning but short on life experience). The pair face disapproval from a stern manager (Aasif Mandvi, who perfected his straight-faced delivery on The Daily Show) check. The team bonds and ultimately overcomes adversity, discovering that these two "old" dogs can still offer up a new trick or two. Oh, and we can't forget the aloof staffer (Rose Byrne) piqued by Wilson's puppy-dog charm check and check. Moviegoers aren't getting anything new from either Vaughn or Wilson, who basically fall back into their same Wedding Crashers personas. Still, like their salesman characters, the actors (Vaughn especially) appear to be busting their humps and deserve credit for achieving an earnest likeability. Billy's pep talks, for instance, are classic gabby Vaughn and showcase his strength as a persuasive motor-mouth. Will Ferrell and Rob Riggle deliver all-too brief cameos as bizarro characters that thankfully offer real laughs. The Internship screens like a love-letter to Google, its "don't be evil" motto and oft-professed desire to better the world. Shot in part at the company's corporate HQ in Mountain View, Calif., the movie's gee-whiz scenes of the famed indoor slides, nap pods and driverless cars feel a bit dated for anyone who knows even a smidgen about the company. Though it doesn't delve deep, The Internship brushes upon the real-life issue of a generation of workers increasingly becoming obsolete at the same time younger successors believe that the "American Dream thing that you guys grew on up that's all it is nowadays: a dream." In the end, The Internship is a completely conventional, feather-light, feel-good comedy: familiar, palatable and, most likely, forgettable mere moments after you leave the cinema. Collapse
  52. Jun 17, 2013
    I got just as much out of this movie as I had expected. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't very good either.
    Although there were quite a few laughs, the movie really just played it safe instead of trying to be as good as it could have potentially been. The story seemed so recycled and similar to quite a few other comedies. As for the performances, they were pretty good for the most part.
    But as a whole, The Internship was kind of a let down. Expand
  53. Oct 24, 2013
    I still enjoyed the funny banter between Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson even if falls short of the first act. There's a lot of the same things we've seen already though the supporting cast do a solid job. B
  54. Nov 29, 2013
    The Internship honestly wasn't a bad movie. It was obviously cheesy but that's what you should expect from this typical underdog movie. Don't get me wrong it was cheesy and predictable but it's a good popcorn movie that can just make you smile. PLUS, the Google offices looked super sweet.
  55. Jun 15, 2013
    The Internship is surprisingly humorous and serves the appetite of cheesy comedy lovers, like myself, that have watched Dodgeball and Old School in childish repetition. Approach the movie with a lighthearted nature and walk away satisfied to have paid today's premium ticket price. The critics analyze movies like this for what they aren't and fail to acknowledge what they were intended to be. Vaughn is hilarious and plays his iconic big man quick wit routine alongside Wilson's boyish charm. The underlying messages surrounding today's job and economic climate is sound. Obscure 80s references alongside tech jargon and Star Wars metaphors and similes fill the majority of dialogue. Ironically, Rose Byrne the lead actress was actually in Episode II Attack of the Clones This time round she dusts off her original Aussie accent and puts it to somewhat awkward use as Wilson's object of affection. Overall, I recommend this movie for a few laughs and a snapshot of the apparent Googliness that lies within us all. Expand
  56. Oct 7, 2013
    Google se muestra entretenido despues de esta pelicula.
    Muchas cosas que no sabia de ese se muestran aca en este Film, sin embargo a pesar de una buena ide a y un buen tema la comedia no se hace fuerte del todo aveces estresante aburrida e innecesario.
  57. Jan 7, 2014
    Esta pelicula me gusto, no tanto pero me gusto."The Internship" no tuvo un buen argumento y un buen guion para presentar, pero tuvo momentos divertidos.
  58. Jun 18, 2013
    I was honestly surprised by this movie. I was expecting a typical Vince Vaughn movie and in some parts, got just that.
    I enjoyed it though. I thought it was a fun, entertaining story.
  59. Jun 12, 2013
    Going into a movie like The Internship you already know what you're going to get and if you have convinced yourself of what this will be and have set your expectations to a certain level then this PG-13 comedy of misfits will have you more impressed than those initial standards might have inclined you to believe. I personally am a big fan of the people involved here and would have welcomed a Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson reunion much sooner after their 2005 runaway hit Wedding Crashers, but instead of going for the easy way out and continuing to team up with one another these guys ultimately decided to stray from their core comedy group altogether. Sure, Vaughn made a few with his little crew of friends that include Jason Bateman, Peter Billingsly, and Jon Favreau, but he also made one too many Christmas-themed movies and didn't fully take advantage of the opportunity that Wedding Crashers ultimately afforded him. Wilson has had similar troubles as of late not starring as a leading man in a genuine hit since 2008's Marley & Me. He has gained more credibility after the success of Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris, but his mainstream efforts like Hall Pass and The Big Year didn't do much to keep his name strong in the genre he became most notable for. Granted we are no longer in the first five years of the new millennium and efforts like Old School, Zoolander, Starsky & Hutch, and Dodgeball are now relegated to a time long past, but nonetheless I've always enjoyed watching these guys individually and the one time they teamed up prior will forever be a point of nostalgia, so I was more than open and willing to give The Internship a fair shot. Maybe it was because the trailers weren't too impressive, maybe because I expected it to receive a lukewarm reception, or maybe because I finally admitted to myself these guys are getting older and a time will come when they no longer make broad comedies and that this may in fact be the nail in the coffin, but whatever it was I came out more pleased with the film than I ever expected. Maybe these guys have a little more to give after all.

read the whole review at www.reviewsfromabed.com
  60. Jun 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The chief reason I went to see this was because Aasif Mandvi was in it....and even his character was pitiful!!! this whole movie seemed to have been written by /for 12 yr old pubescent boys...and was one L O N G tedious advert for Google. Well, we knew pretty well that they'd be picked as the winning team...eventually....because it's intended to demonstrate how many zillions of people are employed and wealthy thanks to high tech espec google. It was TRITE, predictable and boring. THough I loved seeing shots of San Francisco and google's campus...but with millions of unemployed Americans out there seriously needing work, not unlike Vaughn's character, foreclosed, fired and without a dime....it was a crappy film made by a crappier film corporation /exec producer...a man who stole plutonium from the US in order to furtively build the first nuclear bomb in the M/E, Arnon MIlchan..now a corporate hero despite his criminal activities. boo on all of it Expand
  61. Jun 21, 2013
    Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn are back in another comedy...this time it's PG-13.

Most famously these two are known for their partnership in "Wedding Crashers" and in this we see the two applying for an internship at Google. Interesting premise at least for me that is as I am a tech guy so naturally, a lot of the content in this movie intrigued me.

The acting is pretty much as you'd
    have expected from these two so nothing really new is there. None of the acting however is atrocious. The best way to describe just about all of this movie is "average". The plot, acting, directing, and laughs. It's all average. But that is not to say I didn't have a good time.

This movie knows exactly what kind of movie it is and what audience it is catering to. It does not try to be anything more. And for that it succeeds. I can understand if this is not the type of comedy for certain people. Surprisingly enough it is for me. I happen to enjoy various types of comedies from "Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre", to "Bridesmaids and Anchorman", to more gross out comedies like the "Jackass" series. However my only complaint with the movie is that it is a monorail of predictability. It is very standard and everything you can imagine that will happen...happens.

As I have stated previously, this movie knows what it is trying to achieve and it does it well. You'll laugh, you'll groan but overall you should know if this is the movie for you or not. If you know you won't like it...you won't. If you know you will like it then you will.

It's as simple as that. I give "The Internship" a 5.0/10
  62. Nov 7, 2013
    You can't say that The Internship is a great movie, and you can't ignore the fact that it is not that good of a comedy because you hardly laugh while watching this movie. But is it a complete bullsh**? no it is not, it is fun, entertaining and interesting. It is pleasing to the eyes to see both actors' chemistry, uproarious funny positive energy, they did whatever they can do to make this a better comedy, but did they succeed? Even these actors can't save this two hours of cliched google commercial. Expand
  63. Jul 4, 2013
    Suprisingly not as bad as everybody said, though all the characters/actors other than the leads are pointless. Makes working at Google look terrible though.
  64. Oct 31, 2013
    "The Internship" wants you to believe it's rude, crude and vulgar with some of its gags and wants you to believe that the other gags aren't something you've seen a million times in the past but the movie is basically just a tired and cliche comedy with recycled jokes. While the humor isn't outright terrible, it's nothing that hasn't been seen before and it's been seen better. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are good together but they're still playing the same characters we just now assume they'll play. The movie wants you to think its edgy by throwing in some foul language and nudity but it's all a mask to hide how the movie is playing it safe with its jokes and just being lazy with its writing...but at least the jokes are just funny enough to keep the film from being a waste. Expand
  65. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great film. watch this with your family to have a good laugh!
    Maybe they make some scenes shorter if there is a sequel. Some Critics have a problem with this movie (for some strange reason).
  66. Oct 24, 2013
    The Internship is a very smart and humorous movie, in my opinion its the best comedy this year. When you combine Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson its movie magic, those two actors are hilarious. This movie is about two guys that lose their jobs and try to get hired at Google, throughout the movie the two main characters build a relationship with their teammates. The Internship has a lot of heart and is very underrated, I would really recommend this movie to anyone. Expand
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    The premise of the film was original, but it was executed like your average feel-good comedy. The plot had your expected up and downs, and the jokes often didn't hit their mark. On the upside, Google was a fantastic backdrop and that alone made the movie worth watching. Also, the chemistry between Vaughn and Wilson was as good as expected and the small part by John Goodman was an added delight.
  68. Oct 26, 2013
    Personally I enjoyed this movie, being someone who is particularly interested in tech and Google. I don't see why this movie got so many negative reviews.
  69. Oct 22, 2013
    This movie was a sleeper that was not provided a chance to gain momentum in the theaters; good for DVD or OnDemand or the after theater outlets! What is more over the top for a good laugh and 'feel good' than Vaughn and Owens! A must watch, gotta have it, laugh out loud, OMG, no regrets!

Spectacular cinema graphics, blow'um up -shoot'um dead, blood work or mystery thriller types are
    not invited. Neither are the art house critics, looking for depth, hidden meaning, symbolism, historical or biographical wah-hah, or a good wallow in angst Johns must beware; NOT YOUR GOTTA HAVE IT MOVIE.

Everybody else, wanna have a laugh, enjoy!
  70. Nov 29, 2013
    Even with its charismatic characters and somewhat witty dialogue, The Internship is an average comedy balanced in a predictable and formulaic storyline.
  71. Dec 4, 2013
    it is one of the amazing movies. i see humanity, compassion and unexpectation. although movie is just movie but i can still learn from it. and I can see my past experience from the movie.
  72. Dec 28, 2013
    I very well done film that has guys that have been in many comedies. They have been friends for many years in real life so they know each other well. As we all age, we will mature and have to face new challenges. In the film, that is addressed and it is not a Wedding Crashers, or Bridesmaids, or other drastically funny films, but it has many touches, was very much filmed at Googles office, and can be very entertaining. If you are expecting to to laugh 'till you pee the seat, this won't be it. If you or mature and appreciate well done films, this might be for you. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Guy Lodge
    Jul 5, 2013
    It’s a testament to the duo’s jazzy comic chemistry that they wring some laughs from this dated, frankly sinister premise.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jul 5, 2013
    Vaughn and Wilson. eight years on from "Wedding Crashers," the pair successfully rekindle their irascible shtick.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 5, 2013
    There is a creepy, undead feel to this lumbering comedy set in the offices of Google, and Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn have a distinct Baron Samedi look in their eyes.