2.6

1. Mar 6, 2011
    I really enjoyed this movie, while it doesn't have the same emotional power that the anime had, and some cheesy moments, it's still a great movie, the characters are extremely well interpreted, I'm also glad they didn't use the Aang and Katara relationship, and I hope they don't, looking forward to the next movie.
  2. Oct 16, 2011
    "The Last Airbender", a movie based on the famous TV series for kids, is just simply terrible. The story doesn't make any sense and is chopped into crude pieces. The acting and special effects are terribly illustrated like coloring black ink over a well-done portrait of someone. Man, all I can conclude is RAZZIE BUZZ!!
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    This is what you get for cramming an entire season's worth of story into a film that isn't even 2 hours long. The plot is terrible, The acting is pathetic, and the special effects are very weak. Easily one of the top 10 worst films of all time.
  4. Nov 7, 2011
    I tried to like it, but it is a big letdown compared to the Nickelodeon animated series it is based on. The story was hard to follow and there a lot of changes from the show. It would have been better if they had better actors as well. The character didn't act at all like they did in the show.
  5. Aug 24, 2014
    Oh this feeling of disappointment and frustration I get every time I see a movie that had such potential, but which wasted it.

The Last Airbender... based on an anime, this is the first part, I think. The story does end in a way that promises a sequel. I don't think that's an excuse to leave the story so... unfulfilling. The scenes kept jumping without coherency a few times, but it's

The scenes kept jumping without coherency a few times, but it's a good thing that didn't happen all that much. More annoying was that we had plenty of Katara's inner dialogue, which in some cases was the only way to tie some events together and introduce new people. Then again, that dialogue didn't fit into the story since it kept jumping in only when they would have been forced used more time to explore/explain something, and sometimes they even explained something she had already gone over. Talk about inconsistence.

All in all, the writing was rather poor. Such a fascinating world, history and cultures should be explored and not just thrown to the screen so that they can move on. All in all every scene suffered from an air of hurried storytelling. New characters appeared before you even got to know the old ones, and the acting really suffered from that as well; no one had the chance to actually perform, making it into a wooden farce. You couldn't possibly feel anything for anyone when they just stepped in without proper introduction.

I was hoping this movie would be better than some of my friends said it was. I cannot help but feel disappointed. The special effect were just about as good as can be expected, but nothing to be amazed about.

If they make a sequel, I hope they up their game a little!
  6. Jun 11, 2011
    Based on the animated television show from Nickelodeon, this live-action adaptation tells the story about four nations with the elements of Air, Water, Earth, and Fire who fought against each in a great war. A few years later, a successful avatar and an airbender named Aang, who has been sealed frozen for thousands of years, has been released by two people from the water tribe named KataraBased on the animated television show from Nickelodeon, this live-action adaptation tells the story about four nations with the elements of Air, Water, Earth, and Fire who fought against each in a great war. A few years later, a successful avatar and an airbender named Aang, who has been sealed frozen for thousands of years, has been released by two people from the water tribe named Katara and Sokka as they try to protect him by any means necessary by joining him on a quest to the northern water kingdom to master waterbending while being chased by Prince Zuko, the exiled son of the fire lord Ozai, Commander Zhao, and the fire nation's military leader.

Let's just say I watched the TV show and was excited to see this movie in theaters, but instead saw it online and boy was I disappointed. We'll get to the bad parts in a moment. For now, I'm going to say the good things about this movie.

The actors did okay at their performances, the CGI effects were great, the music score had great emotion to it, the costume design was neat, and the action scenes were very cool. That's it for my praise.

Now for the bad things. The storyline had a lot of flaws and was overlong, rushed, and predictable, the dialogue in the characters were let down, the storytelling was inconsistent, the characters were underdeveloped (butchered names included) and the script was bland.

The Last Airbender isn't horrible, but it doesn't even hold a candle to the TV show. It's just a weak and very mediocre adaptation. I've been expected by a lot of people that I'm supposed to give this a 5/10, so yes, friends. A 5/10 is just the right rating for this movie. Is everyone happy now?

7. Dec 17, 2011
    This film is easily one of the worst films in the decade and should never had been made by someone who works with suspense movies! I give this awful film a 2% of a good movie due to its okay visual effects.
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    Not good, in fact it's one of the worst movies I've seen in years. I hated it! The acting was horrible, basically every actor sucked. The script was poorly written and cheesy. The story jumped around a lot and made very little sense at times, which is strange because I was familiar with the story because I watched a little of the show. The fighting sequences were stupid. Some of the CGINot good, in fact it's one of the worst movies I've seen in years. I hated it! The acting was horrible, basically every actor sucked. The script was poorly written and cheesy. The story jumped around a lot and made very little sense at times, which is strange because I was familiar with the story because I watched a little of the show. The fighting sequences were stupid. Some of the CGI was okay, but not good. I'm now a firm believer that M. Night Shyamalan will never have a comeback as this film is nothing but pure garbage. He can't handle directing a film even with good material being handed down to him. A complete shame and one of the absolute worst films of 2010. A dreadful, excruciating film to watch. Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2014
    Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great TV show one of the best cartoons I have ever seen. This movie is terrible. Fans of the show will hate the film. The movie rushes through the plot only featuring the beginning and finale of the show and one or two moments in between. The acting is terrible with a lot of bad actors and underdeveloped characters that are nothing like those from the show.Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great TV show one of the best cartoons I have ever seen. This movie is terrible. Fans of the show will hate the film. The movie rushes through the plot only featuring the beginning and finale of the show and one or two moments in between. The acting is terrible with a lot of bad actors and underdeveloped characters that are nothing like those from the show. Additionally, various character names are mispronounced, which is insulting to the fans of the show. The effects and action are decent at times but for the most part it looks stupid. Even if you don’t watch the show you will dislike this movie. There is no substance in terms of story or characters. If you haven’t seen the show this movie will confuse you because you will not understand what you just watched and why this show is popular. If you haven’t seen the movie yet avoid it at all costs. This is an awful movie with almost nothing good about. The show offers nothing in terms of characters and story, which will piss off die hard fans and confuse non-viewers. This movie is garbage and I am grateful that the other two season were not given movies. Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2013
    What kind of awful crap was this? "The Last Airbender" is surely one of the dullest ever made in the history of filmmaking. I would recommend you to buy a pack of chips rather than pay for this boring and ridiculous junk. Also, if you have seen this in 3-D, this is probably the worst use of 3-D ever.
  11. Jan 5, 2014
    Wow was this movie a disappointment! The whole movie felt rushed! I think that was the biggest problem with the Last Airbender. This should be made into a series so they can get into the story better, but instead everything is thrown into one movie. If this movie is the first time you`re learning about these characters you will not care for them.I use to watch the show and that was so muchWow was this movie a disappointment! The whole movie felt rushed! I think that was the biggest problem with the Last Airbender. This should be made into a series so they can get into the story better, but instead everything is thrown into one movie. If this movie is the first time you`re learning about these characters you will not care for them.I use to watch the show and that was so much better on every level. The Trailer sure got me excited, but man did it fail.I guess if you have no expectations it is an alright movie, but for the rest of us it fails hard! Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2011
    One of the worst films you will ever see. Terrible acting, A poor script that made absolutely no sense, and it tried to cram an entire season filled with countless details into a poor 2 hour film. This is absolute trash.
  13. May 25, 2014
    Not so sure how M. Night Shyamalan dropped the ball on this one but i guess his last couple movies before were not that great either so i couldn't expect anything else. I seen the the trailer for this when i was at the movie theater not sure what movie i was seeing. Anyways it wasn't that bad of a trailer i was kinda hyped for it. Then it came out and was just slammed by critics and fansNot so sure how M. Night Shyamalan dropped the ball on this one but i guess his last couple movies before were not that great either so i couldn't expect anything else. I seen the the trailer for this when i was at the movie theater not sure what movie i was seeing. Anyways it wasn't that bad of a trailer i was kinda hyped for it. Then it came out and was just slammed by critics and fans so i just never got around to watching it.

Just about a week ago i finished watching the television series fully for the first time and wow this film is nothing like the show. while this movie is only based off of (book one: water) They had changed so much it left me wondering how they thought they could do better then the already existing source material. With changing the pronunciation of some characters names to even changing the where some of the story is based at.

The acting just makes it even worse with emotionless expressions and horrible dialog that doesn't get better throughout it's just painful to watch. The pace of the film was just terrible to say the lest felt like the story was being rushed and it was just making me mad. I was 50 minutes into the film and it felt like i knew nothing about any of the characters the connection between all of the characters was nothing like it was in the show.

Overrall this film was JUST HORRIBLE i give it a 0.1 i don't plan to watch this movie ever again in fact im sticking it in my box of old movies to give away because this is just unforgivable M. Knight will never come back from ruining this masterful television show
  14. Aug 26, 2010
    "The Last Airbender" places an almost unprecedented burden on fanboys and casual moviegoers alike to ignore its terrible acting and dialogue, its simultaneously forced and incomprehensible plot, its horrendous editing and camerawork, and its dull and uninteresting characters in order to enjoy this would-be epic. Good luck, and may this be the last movie that M. Night Shyamalan ever makes.
  15. Jan 6, 2014
    Um dos filmes trágicos do cinema
  16. Oct 9, 2010
    "Last Airbender was such a rushed messed , it goes to quickly tho the action scenes were pretty neat , it could not save , these terrible performances , Awful script , and Laughable Dialogue ,One of the worst films released this year" .. F
  17. Aug 8, 2011
    Overall a fairly solid summer blockbuster although I am a foul for Shyamalan's movies. Some of the dialogue may through people off but not the whole entire movie is poorly written and the acting is fairly well acted especially the part by mr slumdog millionaire. Entertaining fun and the themes and style you would expect from a shyamalan movie
  18. Jun 14, 2014
    I don't know what the hell is up with Shyamalan recently. I think The Last Airbender is a career killer for sure and to that I'd say good luck making more crappy movies. Adding insult to injury, I hated this movie and After Earth as well. I found The Last Airbender guilty for laughable bad acting (including Dev Petel's awful performance), lame CGI effects, tasteless plot segments, noI don't know what the hell is up with Shyamalan recently. I think The Last Airbender is a career killer for sure and to that I'd say good luck making more crappy movies. Adding insult to injury, I hated this movie and After Earth as well. I found The Last Airbender guilty for laughable bad acting (including Dev Petel's awful performance), lame CGI effects, tasteless plot segments, no character development, and a blatant excuse of storytelling that none of the fans from the TV series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" couldn't find the film actually makes sense. It's true that the series have ended for 4 seasons, but I hope Nickelodeon should stick to family-oriented movies and promised they should not and will not make a "Legend of Korra" movie. There's no way in hell I'm going to see another rotten attempt by Moron Night Shyamalan ever again. Bar none, The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies that your mom just warned you about. Expand
  19. Jul 27, 2011
    Sometimes one goes into a film with some preconceived notions about it due to critics' reactions, and with "The Last Airbender" those notions get re-affirmed after watching the film. This is, surely, the worst film I've seen in the last year. It is impressively bad on so many levels! The screenplay was simply atrocious, with horrible dialogue and plot. Stunningly badly written. AnotherSometimes one goes into a film with some preconceived notions about it due to critics' reactions, and with "The Last Airbender" those notions get re-affirmed after watching the film. This is, surely, the worst film I've seen in the last year. It is impressively bad on so many levels! The screenplay was simply atrocious, with horrible dialogue and plot. Stunningly badly written. Another stunningly bad thing was the acting. Honestly, this had some of the worst acting I've seen on a major motion picture ever. It is TV-action-flick level of badness, which says a lot. The visual effects and art direction might be the highlight of the film, but even those are not that spectacular. At times, the film would remind me of the awkward cinematography of "The Golden Compass" and this feeling that the film is just too theatrical and "set up," instead of feeling more realistic, like other highly visual effect heavy films have managed, such as The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Avatar. I could go on and on about how bad the film is. It is a pity that it ended up being so bad, since it was obvious Shyamalan was planning a sequel (or maybe a trilogy - those are popular nowadays, it seems). Something tells me that that (luckily for the audiences) won't be happening any time soon. Expand
  20. Dec 3, 2010
    ive never seen the cartoon show and didnt even know about it till a year ago and still havent and after seeing this film i doubt i will ever want to. the tv show im sure is better but this film left such a bad taste for this series. well the worst thing about this film is the acting it feels like a middle school play and i feel like thats almost giving this film praise saying that. theive never seen the cartoon show and didnt even know about it till a year ago and still havent and after seeing this film i doubt i will ever want to. the tv show im sure is better but this film left such a bad taste for this series. well the worst thing about this film is the acting it feels like a middle school play and i feel like thats almost giving this film praise saying that. the worst of it is from the 3 kids whos acting is so bad in this you can bet they will never do films again and if they are lucky may appear on some crappy sci fi channel film or on life time . the plot is poorly told the charicters are about as intresting as waching grass grow . the only good thing this film has is lush back grounds and visaul effects . the fighting is laughable with every one dancing around like abunch of retards trying to hump a door knob. M night shamallamadingdong one again proves he's a **** director and some how got lucky with the 6th sense and unbreakable.. probubly because he had good actors to carry his sorry ass. evade this film like its got herpese. Expand
  21. Dec 18, 2014
    I hate this movie. it's atrociously acted with terrible dialogue that concentrates on exposition rather than character, awful effects that for some reason have to be done in one take and a complete disregard to what made the source material. this film really should have ended M. Night Shyamalan's career and rightfully so how dare he do this to one the greatest animated series of all timeI hate this movie. it's atrociously acted with terrible dialogue that concentrates on exposition rather than character, awful effects that for some reason have to be done in one take and a complete disregard to what made the source material. this film really should have ended M. Night Shyamalan's career and rightfully so how dare he do this to one the greatest animated series of all time that so many still analyse and cherish to this day Expand
  22. Mar 9, 2013
    Nobody knows who Shyamalan is any more......
  23. Jan 2, 2011
    omfg ... this was the worst I saw in 2010, was a total loss of my money at the movies, I'ma fan of the anime which was extracted the script of the movie and I take the disappointment of my life when I saw this **** totally disgusting
  24. Jan 28, 2014
    I genuinely think that this movie is not as absolutely unbearable and completely full of **** as most people make it out to be. But it is undeniably bad. Nominating Dev Patel for a Golden Razzie was very harsh but overall the acting is atrocious. Mainly due to the title character Aang played by Noah Ringer. How the hell did he even get through the audition process with a face which looksI genuinely think that this movie is not as absolutely unbearable and completely full of **** as most people make it out to be. But it is undeniably bad. Nominating Dev Patel for a Golden Razzie was very harsh but overall the acting is atrocious. Mainly due to the title character Aang played by Noah Ringer. How the hell did he even get through the audition process with a face which looks constantly surprised and in pain at the same time. Pretty much everyone else with the exception of Dev Patel (who is alright) is bad, but not to the point of self harm like Noah Ringer. Reading other reviews most people claim that the cheesy dialogue is the worst thing about the whole movie, I have to admit I agree with them all. Sure it isn't Tommy Wiseau's The Room, but damn this is written by the same guy who directed The Sixth Sense. What the **** happened? Out of every second of The Last Airbender which I watched the only above average and enjoyable aspect of it was Zuko's storyline (Dev Patel). Maybe if I could be bothered to watch the anime TV series it might be better, I hate to admit it but I actually thought his banishment was pretty cool. However the last scene (which is only in there for the minute chance of a sequel) they totally ruin it and attempt to bring in even more family conflict to create drama. Every attempt at drama in the movie fails though, I did not care one bit about the bull**** love story between Sokka and Yue (who's penis haircut was the best part of the movie). Overall M.Night Shyamalan really should have made the movie much less crap for it to be enjoyable. I have never summarised a movie so bluntly before. Expand
  25. Oct 12, 2010
    This movie is so horrible that it considered a bad movie! The Last Airbender is hateful movie that the Avatar fans will discover that this pile of diarhea will be hated this movie and it;s nothing based on the hit series on Nickelodeon,it's almost as bad as Dragonball Evolution! I'M NOT KIDDING! The cast was so bad,they even have a laughable dialogue and they sorted suck when they speakThis movie is so horrible that it considered a bad movie! The Last Airbender is hateful movie that the Avatar fans will discover that this pile of diarhea will be hated this movie and it;s nothing based on the hit series on Nickelodeon,it's almost as bad as Dragonball Evolution! I'M NOT KIDDING! The cast was so bad,they even have a laughable dialogue and they sorted suck when they speak like Jake Loyd in Star Wars,Episode I. The characters are again NOT so suppose to be white,it's suppose to be asain!The story is horrendous and the visual effects looks good,but where's the movie lead to you for any bad dialogue what they said. The fight scenes are ripping off in any movies like The Matrix,Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,and many more martial arts films that they put on and I'm so shame that M. Night Shyamalan did this movie so bad that it's even more bad like The Happening! What go wrong about this movie,even children will discover that they like,but please I guess this movie wouldn't get any good like this. Expand
  26. Aug 25, 2011
    How can you begin to describe the many ways in which this film sucks? Never in history of movies has their been a fall as meteoric as M. Night Shyamalan, a director who began the decade being called the new **** and ends it by making The Last Airbender, a movie that is a failure on every level you can think of. The acting is wooden, the casting is offensive (why are all the good guysHow can you begin to describe the many ways in which this film sucks? Never in history of movies has their been a fall as meteoric as M. Night Shyamalan, a director who began the decade being called the new **** and ends it by making The Last Airbender, a movie that is a failure on every level you can think of. The acting is wooden, the casting is offensive (why are all the good guys white, and all the bad guys Asian, when it was clearly the other way around in the show), the effects are horrible, the plot makes no sense, the whimsy or excitement of a fantasy world is completely absent, and above all things, it is mind-numbingly dull. Expand
  27. Jul 4, 2013
    While "Avatar: The Last Airbender" remains one of my favorite shows of all time it was just heartbreaking to watch "The Last Airbender" movie. Characters portrayed in the shows were performed so differently in the movie, and although this does not affect my score, it did affect my thoughts on the film. The film was rushed, little to no humor, and felt dark in tone in general, which did notWhile "Avatar: The Last Airbender" remains one of my favorite shows of all time it was just heartbreaking to watch "The Last Airbender" movie. Characters portrayed in the shows were performed so differently in the movie, and although this does not affect my score, it did affect my thoughts on the film. The film was rushed, little to no humor, and felt dark in tone in general, which did not benefit the film. The acting was horrible, and it left little to no impressions on the characters in the film. While the television show brought a bright and smiling personality, even with a sinister villain, the movie turned darker to appeal to an older audience, which doesn't work at all. Visuals are great however, and it was the only thing in the film that made me interested during the rushed action scenes. I guess, more time in the film was needed to make this any better. Expand
  28. Mar 18, 2013
    I almost gave this film a one for the special effects but no even though they were the only thing good in the movie. First M. Night Shamalamadingdong has no idea what the phrase "Good movie" means, I bet he's never been to a theater and seen a person walk out of his movie and say anything positive. This was a disgrace to "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Second, for the character Ang or how M.I almost gave this film a one for the special effects but no even though they were the only thing good in the movie. First M. Night Shamalamadingdong has no idea what the phrase "Good movie" means, I bet he's never been to a theater and seen a person walk out of his movie and say anything positive. This was a disgrace to "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Second, for the character Ang or how M. Night F***ed it up Ung. He hired a complete unknown for the soul reason he looked like Ang. I could understand taking auditions from people online but just because they look like them. It would've been better to hire me a BLACK GUY, and It would still be better because I know ever episode. Third. He basically took the TV show script "Katara: We have to do something. Ang: I agree" and basically did this "Ang: We have to do something. Katara: I agree" he blatintly switched characters lines to other characters. He filmed a scene and didnt even show it. The fact that this movie has a 2.9 out of 10 still amazes me. M. Night you can't make movies. Literally everyone in the theater went "Uhhhhhhhhhhhh" when his name appeared on screen. The Sixth Sense, what he wore the same clothes throughout the movie, The Happening was alright but dumb. Devil surprisingly was good, so I looked it up he produced it, not wrote or directed it that's why it was good. M. Night please stop directing and writing, and I swear to God if you come out with "The Last Aairbender 2" I will probably burn down the theater, watch the news. 16 year old kid attempted arisen to save the eyes of movie goers. I'd probably get and award. Oops, M. Night encase you didn't know what that means it's something you get for doing something GOOD. Expand
  29. Jul 15, 2013
    El ultimo maestro del aire es una mezcla de cine malo y un gran error de este buen director así como hay muy buenas peliculas de este sobresale esta pero de lo mala.
  30. Apr 21, 2014
    I don't think it is as bad as everyone says it is but still nothing good at all. I thought the beginning of the movie was ok introducing everything that part was entertaining enough. And then I thought it started going down hill from there with a couple memorable scenes until the end of the movie. Still not a good movie but not one of the worst either.
  31. May 26, 2012
    One of the worst movies I've ever watched. The acting is weird and terribly bad. The story makes no sense at all. The script was just ridiculously terrible and corny. The characters' personality in the movie are not even close with those in the TV series. Although the film has great special effects, it was completely overshadowed by these awful features of the movie..........
  32. Oct 17, 2014
    Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of this destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara, a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, toAir, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of this destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara, a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, to restore balance to their war-torn world. Expand
  33. Dec 14, 2011
    The Last Airbender is an awful movie that everyone should avoid. M. Night Shyamalan let his audience down. The privileged of making a movie comes the responsibility of making a good one - a responsibility to which Shyamalan has fail and should not be allowed to get away with. Such a shame.
  34. Oct 6, 2013
    Well it was better than the Dragonball movie that came out a while back which was also based on a famous anime hahaha but still it wasn't by much. I mean the movie started ok but I wish the story was more worked out and what's with the end, is there a sequel to it?
  35. Jan 11, 2013
    It really is the last airbender. Just because of horrible dialogue, boring fights and no humuor it is terrible. Paramount need work to make it better instead of it worse.
  36. Nov 16, 2010
    Couldn't even sit through it. Just plain terrible. It's disappointing to me especially because the cartoon was so good. Way to ruin it. I didn't think something so bad could be made from this.
  37. Jun 10, 2015
    wish I can give this thing a _100% percent for much I hate this as the worst film ever made, an actual cinematic holocaust 2 hour epic of horribleness.

As a young man I loved the Avatar franchise it was the best series on Nickelodeon along with spongebob tremendous storytelling, a wacky adventurous world much like Star Wars, and funny lovable characters it began and ended perfectly and we all believed it was enough.

but then for some reason Hollywood's most charismatic director thought it was not enough that he has to remake a big portion of the series and make into a two hour epic thinking his version of the story would be appreciated by the fans as much as the cartoon series, well as a fan It was pure rubbish I didn't dislike it I hated it.

everything was wrong, they made all the characters and story too dark and ridiculous and some characters annoying and unlikable! and also I consider this white supremacist propaganda because all the protagonists who were all of eurasian ethnicity in the series were all portrayed by white kids while all the villains remain ethnically diverse, talk about an anti-race color film.

I don't know what happened to Shyamalan who was great making movies like The Sixth Sense,Unbreakable, Signs and the Village, until choking up lame films like the Happening, then decide to make his resume even douchier by making this atrocity which is equivalent to all video game movies made by Uwe Boll.

Hands down the worst movie ever made, I rather watch Tommy Wiseau in The Room over and over again
  38. Nov 26, 2013
    I honestly don't think an actual movie can get as bad as this one. It has terrible acting, a terrible script, cheesy effects, and missing out on some of the most important parts of the show. They even changed most of the names and the way the people bend their elements. Although this isn't the worst one I've seen, it sure is close to it.
  39. Dec 22, 2014
    From a studio dumb enough to give the directing Job to M. Night Shyamalan come a disappointing,Stupid and insulting adaptation of the Last Airbender. It's another worst cartoon adaptation that barely made all fans want to do suicide and wants to kill M.Night Shyamalan.This Movie is just plain Bad and needs to be erase in our minds forever!
  40. Jan 26, 2011
    The Last Airbender, thanks to its horrendous screenplay and dialogue, horrible special effects, 3D that is just as bad as Clash of the Titans, bad acting, and horrible fan service, it is one of the worst movies of the year! It is also the worst movie of the decade so far. Even if you are a fan of the Nick show, skip this movie and you will not regret it!
  41. Nov 29, 2010
    While I respect M. Shyamalan's talents, I've got to say this is the worst film of 2010 (I bet nothing will top it). It will win the Razzie Awards, but its box office is so huge that they are going to make a sequel! No need for a big review. While the effects are quite good, I hated the acting and everything else about it. This is just like a Disney TV show with good effects. It is nowhereWhile I respect M. Shyamalan's talents, I've got to say this is the worst film of 2010 (I bet nothing will top it). It will win the Razzie Awards, but its box office is so huge that they are going to make a sequel! No need for a big review. While the effects are quite good, I hated the acting and everything else about it. This is just like a Disney TV show with good effects. It is nowhere good enough to be in the big screen, yet people still come to check it out. The Last Airbender is by the far worst film of the decade and M. Shyamalan is the worst director of the decade for creating this film. Expand
  42. Aug 11, 2010
    Long ago in a forgotten land there were four nations Earth, Air, Fire and Water the four fabled nations lived in peace and harmony with one another that is until the ruthless and power hungry fire nation declared war on the three other nations. Only the fabled AVATAR the master of all four elements could stop them but when he was needed the most he vanished, for a hundred years, the FireLong ago in a forgotten land there were four nations Earth, Air, Fire and Water the four fabled nations lived in peace and harmony with one another that is until the ruthless and power hungry fire nation declared war on the three other nations. Only the fabled AVATAR the master of all four elements could stop them but when he was needed the most he vanished, for a hundred years, the Fire nation ruled thinking that the only threat that had the power to defeat them was long deceased. That is until a young water-bender from the Southern water tribe and he smart mouth brother find a young boy trapped in ice they soon find out to be the new AVATAR a young air-bender named Aang who is the three nations last hope of saving there world from the dominate fire nation. In 1999 a young up and coming director by the name of M. Night Shyamalan directed his first big budget film to critical and commercial success that film is called "The Sixth Sense" which today still stands as the highest grossing horror movie in history grossing 293 million dollars domestically and 672 million dollars making it not only the highest grossing horror film domestically but he highest grossing horror film worldwide a feat that no other film of the genre has been able to surpass to this day. Shyamalan then followed his huge success with the equally impressive "Unbreakable"(2000), Shyamalan's take on the superhero tale and although "Unbreakable" lacked the mind blowing twist ending of "The Sixth Sense" it is still one of his most ingenious and thought provoking works. Then two years later Shyamalan tackled the frequently told tale of visitors from another world with "Signs"(2002) using his signature flare and stark storytelling to create his finest work since his breakout film "The Sixth Sense.â Expand
  43. Aug 30, 2010
    Shyamalan tries to gain an audience with a movie that is off of an already successful story. But this doesnt do the show justice at all. As a huge, and I mean huge, fan of the series, this was a big let down. But I'll use the pros and cons method to express my feelings. Pros: Action, Effects. Cons: Laughable Dialogue, Bad Acting (for the most part, Dev Patel did great), Name Changes, TakesShyamalan tries to gain an audience with a movie that is off of an already successful story. But this doesnt do the show justice at all. As a huge, and I mean huge, fan of the series, this was a big let down. But I'll use the pros and cons method to express my feelings. Pros: Action, Effects. Cons: Laughable Dialogue, Bad Acting (for the most part, Dev Patel did great), Name Changes, Takes itself way too seriously (they're kids, why aren't they having fun? no comedic relief?), Jasper ruined my favorite character of the series. and what gets me angry is that people will think the series is bad. It is not. so overrall, this movie is bad. and it's hard that it's from the guy who directed and wrote The Sixth Sense. Expand
  44. May 23, 2013
    I don't watch the series this movie was based on, so this isn't a fan rage review. Just the usual negative review. Just about everything I look for in a film is absent from this major motion crapper. A boring/ uninteresting/ stupid story, horrible acting, and just a feeling of: why should I care syndrome. There's nothing good in this, nothing; perhaps "okay" special effects, but overallI don't watch the series this movie was based on, so this isn't a fan rage review. Just the usual negative review. Just about everything I look for in a film is absent from this major motion crapper. A boring/ uninteresting/ stupid story, horrible acting, and just a feeling of: why should I care syndrome. There's nothing good in this, nothing; perhaps "okay" special effects, but overall nothing. I can't say much about this because it's been a while since I've seen it; several years in fact, and I don't plan on ever seeing this again unless it's a dare. Expand
  45. Apr 7, 2012
    M. Night Shyamlan directs an EPIC FAILURE of a TV show. His best was The Sixth Sense, but his film-making skills took a downfall and so far, The Last Airbender is probably his worst. First, the story was too short and skipped to much exposition from the show, there wasn't enough of a conflict, a lack of climatic events, and the conclusion is choppy. Second, EVERY SINGLE actor was miscastM. Night Shyamlan directs an EPIC FAILURE of a TV show. His best was The Sixth Sense, but his film-making skills took a downfall and so far, The Last Airbender is probably his worst. First, the story was too short and skipped to much exposition from the show, there wasn't enough of a conflict, a lack of climatic events, and the conclusion is choppy. Second, EVERY SINGLE actor was miscast and not very firm with their roles, the script suffered from being appalling and mispronounced the characters names, and the art direction lacks enough element-bending. Many movies were adaptated from television shows, but this one suffered from retardation in almost every part of the movie and I am not the one who's racist but especially when Arabs, Indians, and Persians were catastrophically and wrongly depicted as Firebenders. Expand
  46. Dec 23, 2012
    An absolute filmic disgrace - wooden acting, M. ShamlalamalamaDingDong's horrible directing, and absolutely no faithfulness to the brilliant source material, The Last Airbender is one of the worst films of all-time. I'll be honest - I thought I was watching a cheap soap opera.
  47. May 22, 2015
    This movie is like the character's description of the play in season 3 of the show, it's awful but "the effects were decent" (as in mediocre, in this case). I watched this show when it was on TV when I was a tween, so it's like I grew up with it. This movie insults the entertaining family adventure that I watched. I would have had no clue what was going on if I hadn't watched the show.This movie is like the character's description of the play in season 3 of the show, it's awful but "the effects were decent" (as in mediocre, in this case). I watched this show when it was on TV when I was a tween, so it's like I grew up with it. This movie insults the entertaining family adventure that I watched. I would have had no clue what was going on if I hadn't watched the show. It's so incoherent and all-around poorly written. the acting and everything is blatantly bad. Don't waste your time on this movie! It's not the epitome of bad (there are a few decent parts, I guess... maybe), but it's pretty [expletive] close! Expand
  48. Sep 27, 2011
    The story of the Dalai Lama don't need to have fantasy to be good, this movie is simply bored and stupid, like a cartoon it works very good, but in a movie is just boring and pointless
  49. Jun 24, 2014
    With "The Last Airbender", M.Night Shyamalan sends a clear message to all fans of his former thrilling, dense direction (The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable) all over the world: "Stop watching my movie"
  50. May 23, 2011
    Gio: I'm gonna see it. Carl: No! Just buy a Madonna album or something. Ugly ugly film. Even racist! Gio: But what about my RT review? Carl: Oh man, you don't need to waste your time reviewing that crap!
  51. Sep 17, 2011
    M. Night Shyamalan. That's the one name you need to hear instantly to avoid this movie. It is the WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!! I have never seen another movie in my whole life that has failed so badly on every level! He has taken my favorite show and turned it into the most boring pile of crap ever produced!!! Everything fails!!! They skipped too much from the show, the acting wasn't good, theM. Night Shyamalan. That's the one name you need to hear instantly to avoid this movie. It is the WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!! I have never seen another movie in my whole life that has failed so badly on every level! He has taken my favorite show and turned it into the most boring pile of crap ever produced!!! Everything fails!!! They skipped too much from the show, the acting wasn't good, the whole look of the movie was just cheap and tacky and the script had no sense of life to it whatsoever. If I was not a fan of the show I would have forgot this movie instantly as soon as I walked out of the cinema door. I have forever decided to boycott M. Night Shyamalan after seeing this poorly done piece of tripe. Expand
  52. Aug 14, 2010
    In my opinion, this movie is a polished turd. The polishing is the neat look. But if you polish a turd, its still a smelly turd. I can't believe how bad M. Night screwed up. He was good years ago, but now he sucks. If he just directed it and didn't write it, it would be good. But his writing really sucks! Its like a two-year old wrote it!! Im a huge fan of the show, and M.Night's writingIn my opinion, this movie is a polished turd. The polishing is the neat look. But if you polish a turd, its still a smelly turd. I can't believe how bad M. Night screwed up. He was good years ago, but now he sucks. If he just directed it and didn't write it, it would be good. But his writing really sucks! Its like a two-year old wrote it!! Im a huge fan of the show, and M.Night's writing really screwed it. First, whats with the wrong pronounciation!! Second, the writing is so rushed that they don't have room for any little millimeter of soul or heart. Finally, there's horrible acting, laughable dialouge, bad 3-D, and dissapointing action. Whether you're a fan of the show or not, skip this movie!!! Expand
  53. Aug 25, 2012
    Perhaps giving this movie a 5 would be high praise considering how many people HATE this movie, but I can understand why they would hate it. I never watched the cartoon, but my guess from all of the hate is that the film adaptation isn't faithful at all to its source material. I tried watching the film as just a stand alone film, but it didn't even succeed with that. With the wooden actingPerhaps giving this movie a 5 would be high praise considering how many people HATE this movie, but I can understand why they would hate it. I never watched the cartoon, but my guess from all of the hate is that the film adaptation isn't faithful at all to its source material. I tried watching the film as just a stand alone film, but it didn't even succeed with that. With the wooden acting and bland storytelling, it's hard to care about what happens at all in the 103 minutes of this movie. It has some decent special effects and some ok action sequences, but that's all. Expand
  54. Jan 17, 2015
    Alright, time to cut loose. Swearing and insults ahead, so... ye be warned. This is the biggest sack of sh*t I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. The effects would have hardly been passable in 2005, the characters are generic white kids who can't act to save their lives, there is no development whatsoever, the action scenes are atrociously dull and sometimes downright stupid, theAlright, time to cut loose. Swearing and insults ahead, so... ye be warned. This is the biggest sack of sh*t I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. The effects would have hardly been passable in 2005, the characters are generic white kids who can't act to save their lives, there is no development whatsoever, the action scenes are atrociously dull and sometimes downright stupid, the dialog is truly awful (Seriously, two of the three main characters' names are horribly mispronounced), the pacing is completely off and the plot incoherent on almost every level, and fans of the series, including myself, will feel insulted after watching this crapfest. This is, in my honest opinion, the worst film ever made. Expand
  55. Oct 23, 2011
    It's awful.It's awfulI.t's awful.It's awful.It's awful.It's awful.It's awful .It's awful.It's awful.It's awful.It's awful.It's awful. Is the worst movie i ever see
  56. Nov 6, 2011
    The visual effects and the overall design of the movie are impressive. But it can't fully make up for The Last Airbender's bland acting, horridly written script, absence of character development and short running time. Now, I'm a fan of the animated series of which this movie is based off of, and I must say this was a pretty pathetic excuse for an adaptation. The story that the movie isThe visual effects and the overall design of the movie are impressive. But it can't fully make up for The Last Airbender's bland acting, horridly written script, absence of character development and short running time. Now, I'm a fan of the animated series of which this movie is based off of, and I must say this was a pretty pathetic excuse for an adaptation. The story that the movie is based on is highly original, spiritual, philosophical, humorous and emotional. But all of that has been taken away and substituted for crap. This film did not live up to it's potential what so ever. 1/ 4 stars. Expand
  57. Mar 15, 2011
    With an incomprehensible plot, laughable dialog, poor actors, and flat action sequences, The Last Airbender is a mockery of the original cult TV series and one of the worst blockbusters of 2010.
  58. May 28, 2013
    I watch a lot of anime, but Avatar: The Last Airbender was one of my favorites, and I was looking forward to the movie, it looked great, but it turns out that In was wrong, it disappointing to no end. The reason 99.99999% of the world (including me) hates the movie is because everything was wrong, the characters aren't the ones I had come to love in the anime, they were completelyI watch a lot of anime, but Avatar: The Last Airbender was one of my favorites, and I was looking forward to the movie, it looked great, but it turns out that In was wrong, it disappointing to no end. The reason 99.99999% of the world (including me) hates the movie is because everything was wrong, the characters aren't the ones I had come to love in the anime, they were completely different! I HATED this movie! Not only was the story bad, but the actors were just as terrible. They looked as if they didn't want to be there, and I can see why! M. Night Shylaman was lucky that I don't remember him for this because of the movie Devil, which I enjoyed, but this piece of crap, I hated it. If you like the anime, don't watch this film, If you like the show, don't watch it, if you like good movies, don't watch it, and if you just like movies, don't watch it. Its seriously THAT bad. But I'm giving it a 1 out of 10 because its not Skyline which is my least favorite movie of all time. Expand
  59. Oct 11, 2010
    Great visuals. Decent Story. Horrible dialogue! I would say take the risk just to see the visuals and be submerged in this world but I can't just because the dialogue (and maybe the acting?) is just that bad. There's no justification for the horrible dialogue given how clever, witty, and funny the animated series is. So disappointed.
  60. Nov 22, 2010
    It is really depressing that something like this could have come out of such enjoyable source material. There is good intent, but that is about it. Save yourself some time and watch that.
  61. Sep 11, 2010
    I'm an idiot. Getting fooled in because I am such a fan of the cartoon. This is one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Alienating, boring, effortless and lifeless which by any means never do any justice to the cartoon show. The acting and dialogue is horrendous, the editing is awkward, the characters are boring, being badly written, the script is pathetic and the plot isI'm an idiot. Getting fooled in because I am such a fan of the cartoon. This is one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Alienating, boring, effortless and lifeless which by any means never do any justice to the cartoon show. The acting and dialogue is horrendous, the editing is awkward, the characters are boring, being badly written, the script is pathetic and the plot is completely rushed. Avoid it. It sucks. Expand
  62. Aug 17, 2012
    Out of all the M. Night Shyamalan films I've seen, this has got to be the worst one that is in need to retire. I do like his 3 movies, The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs. But his ideas started to get bland, boring, and silly after those 3. But this one just killed it completely, he needs to retire.
  63. Jul 25, 2013
    The Last Airbender was a complete and utter travesty. With a solid fan-base nothing could go wrong, right? Wrong. Shyamalan was handed pure gold with this film, but his lack of experience in action directing resulted in a film soiled by terrible adaptation, acting, directing, and shoddy special effects. If they do decide to go on with the trilogy with M. Night at the helms, it could beThe Last Airbender was a complete and utter travesty. With a solid fan-base nothing could go wrong, right? Wrong. Shyamalan was handed pure gold with this film, but his lack of experience in action directing resulted in a film soiled by terrible adaptation, acting, directing, and shoddy special effects. If they do decide to go on with the trilogy with M. Night at the helms, it could be good night for The Last Airbender legacy. Expand
  64. Feb 28, 2011
    TNot only considered the worst adaptation of a cartoon series, b ut also the worst martial arts film ever. Not only is it a butchering for fans but also non-fans will find not only everything wrong but also a poo man's recap of the first season. The dialogue is dumb, the acting is unwhelming, the 3D is a joke. Not to mention that its getting a sequel of a planned trilogy.
  65. Nov 3, 2010
    a movie with many holes partlly because M. Night did really care about it he just wanted to make money. the special affects really saved this movie big time. and the acting and dialoge really improved in the 2nd half of the movie.
  66. Sep 10, 2010
    Right after Enemy Mine, this is second worst movie I've ever seen. Hell, this is the second worst thing I've ever seen. Film students should study this film just so they can learn what not to do. That isn't an exaggeration. I hope people in VFS and TFS study this and that way at least this movie does some good.

I can only hope that this will be the last The Last Airbender movie we ever

I can only hope that this will be the last The Last Airbender movie we ever see from M. Night.
  67. Jun 7, 2014
    Take the beloved Avatar series and take away all of it's humor to become a horrible adaptation.

This is one of the worst adaptations of all time, while the entire story happens in front of you, you will never be invested into what is going on, you will never care for the main characters to get out of their predicaments, you will never look forward to see what is going to happen next, you will simply be looking at the screen trying to figure out what is going on and wandering "what's", "why's" and "how's" to the point of absolute boredom because is not even funny... and you wanna know why? because there is NO humanity in this movie; all the characters talk like robots, the passing is warped, the writing is moronic and there is no directing... like there was nobody telling the actors what they had to do, they where pretty much just reading out the lines on the script...

The animated series is full of adventure, personality, color and fun that this movie never shows anywhere, there is no love and passion for this movie at all... is just a bad movie, plain and simple...
  68. Mar 31, 2015
    I only hate a few movies, and this is one of them. The Last Airbender took my favorite show from when I was a kid, and might as well have taken a huge dump on it. When you consider the show's near perfection, and the fact that the movie is the polar opposite, as almost nothing goes right it's amazing. From the terribly written and wooden dialogue, to complete lack of fun that made the showI only hate a few movies, and this is one of them. The Last Airbender took my favorite show from when I was a kid, and might as well have taken a huge dump on it. When you consider the show's near perfection, and the fact that the movie is the polar opposite, as almost nothing goes right it's amazing. From the terribly written and wooden dialogue, to complete lack of fun that made the show so enjoyable, and the 90 minute run time to cover 13 half hour episodes. Needless to say I hate this movie to the core. Expand
  69. Jun 24, 2014
    This is my least favorite movie. I'm not saying its the worst movie ever made, its just the movie I hate the most. I loved the TV show and M. Night RUINED it. I just want to stop talking about this because it hurts to even think about it.
  70. Jan 18, 2011
    I watched the entire show, also this movie, so I'll try to give my best to make a reasonable comparison, if it's possible. By first, I don't think is a non-sense movie, is not fair to compare a movie intended to get attetion not only for children but for adults too. Of course the expected in this case is to find what we found: a more ''serious and... why not? dark movie''. So, al least forI watched the entire show, also this movie, so I'll try to give my best to make a reasonable comparison, if it's possible. By first, I don't think is a non-sense movie, is not fair to compare a movie intended to get attetion not only for children but for adults too. Of course the expected in this case is to find what we found: a more ''serious and... why not? dark movie''. So, al least for me, is not an excuse to say it's worthless to be seen because it doesn't keep the humor of the TV show. In second place, we cannot say that the characters are not ''well-performed'' because is just a movie which tries to get the best of a full season! Come on! It is really unfair to say it's bad because of this! I've seen enough for a first movie... we have to let Night S. at least explore the characters deeper along the trilogy, not to ''make a wall''... In 3rd place... I don't know you guys but the martial arts scenes, when they're practising... the movements are really amazing!! They give a really nice sensation of peace all around... And... well, what else i can say? To be objective... Night is neither Clint Eastwood nor Steven Spielberg... but he has a really good career... with he's own personality... movies like Signs, Village and Sixth Sense are all movies of suspense... non-conventional and in a way of thinking... odd... but he's gaining personality, he lives his watermark in every each of them... if i say ''he is bad'' because of this... whoever could say ''Tim Burton is a bad director because of he's darky madness'' but... c'mon! Tim Burton has gone way too far of the expected madness, is brillant! And Night is good for me too, neither the best nor the worst. And TL Airbender is a nice movie, well adapted for it's lengh and with nice Sound Score (James Newton Howard) and efects. What was not really good was the 3D effect, since it was not though for it... but released 3D anyway. Expand
  71. Oct 18, 2011
    Even though I liked the visuals the acting was just horrible and the dialogs, Oh my dear God.
    Since the acting is a really important thing in a movie it really irritates you if you can't enjoy a movie because of it. Furthermore, when the acting doesn't kill you, the stupid dialog will. To sum up, a good movie with some "bugs" and if you are a more visual type that doesn't care about the dialog, acting than you will enjoy this movie and if not than I watching this movie would be a sin
  72. Nov 7, 2013
    The cartoon was the best cartoon EVER, and I'm not exaggerating. I saw the movie about a year ago and it got on my Top 15 favourite movie list. I understand everyone has an opinion of their own, but I think anyone giving this a 0 by comparing it to the cartoon is completely overreacting. Whatever Shayamalan did was NOT a big deal. The soundtrack, bending effects, and scenery were soThe cartoon was the best cartoon EVER, and I'm not exaggerating. I saw the movie about a year ago and it got on my Top 15 favourite movie list. I understand everyone has an opinion of their own, but I think anyone giving this a 0 by comparing it to the cartoon is completely overreacting. Whatever Shayamalan did was NOT a big deal. The soundtrack, bending effects, and scenery were so beautiful and felt like the cartoon if it was in real life. Sokka didn't need a different name, nor did Aang, but Noah Ringer looks like an "Ahng" to me. So hate me, I loved watching "The Last Airbender." Expand
  73. Aug 3, 2011
    I didn't know anything about Avatar before I saw this film so I had to take it at face value. I was pretty impressed by the whole thing. The story was easy to follow and the acting was good. Nothing ground breaking but this is a child's movie. With that in mind, I was expecting to see just what I saw. The Last Airbender does a good job telling what needs to be said to keep the sory going.I didn't know anything about Avatar before I saw this film so I had to take it at face value. I was pretty impressed by the whole thing. The story was easy to follow and the acting was good. Nothing ground breaking but this is a child's movie. With that in mind, I was expecting to see just what I saw. The Last Airbender does a good job telling what needs to be said to keep the sory going. It doesn't focus on the small details that fill out a series. The serious tone keeps the audience from being jerked back and forth from silliness to realism making the focus more clear. Also the film makes me care about the characters and not just wanting to see who does a cool trick. Some elements felt a little rushed but not so much that I was confused. The dialogue does well by not telling everything in the first five minutes leaving me with things to look forward to. There was room for improvement but I was overall satisfied. Expand
  74. May 31, 2013
    M. Night probably never watched the animated show 'cause this film is just a complete disaster! First of all, they pronounced almost every character's name wrong, the story is up, the characters themselves aren't even correct, and the special water, earth, wind, and fire effects (which are very cool) don't seem right! I never minded M. Night's films, but this was just completelyM. Night probably never watched the animated show 'cause this film is just a complete disaster! First of all, they pronounced almost every character's name wrong, the story is up, the characters themselves aren't even correct, and the special water, earth, wind, and fire effects (which are very cool) don't seem right! I never minded M. Night's films, but this was just completely unacceptable! I had enough of his movies, you know what... F**K YOU NIGHT!!! Expand
  75. Jul 5, 2013
    I love anime, and when this movie came out, I was very excited to see it, but the movie is just wasted potential. I can relate to those who hate the movie, why? Because everything was wrong, there are more contrasts than comparisons between the anime and the actual cinematic release. The characters weren't the same, the lore wasn't the same, everything was wrong. M. Night has taken one ofI love anime, and when this movie came out, I was very excited to see it, but the movie is just wasted potential. I can relate to those who hate the movie, why? Because everything was wrong, there are more contrasts than comparisons between the anime and the actual cinematic release. The characters weren't the same, the lore wasn't the same, everything was wrong. M. Night has taken one of the best story lines and ruined it, thanks for crushing such a great franchise you bastard. Not only was everything wrong, but the movie wasn't good, it was actually terrible, the acting was atrocious, the execution was just a mess, the script was abysmal. This movie just infuriates me. Even if you haven't seen the anime or any anime, you will relate to us anime fanatics by hating this movie. Expand
  76. Dec 27, 2013
    An absolutely terrible movie, The Last Airbender takes the first season of a decent kids show and makes it into a mess of horrible acting and confusing plot that makes the movie completely unlikeable by newbies and more than disappointing for fans of the series, having watched it with the former and been the latter. However, the saddest part of this film might be that it takes itself soAn absolutely terrible movie, The Last Airbender takes the first season of a decent kids show and makes it into a mess of horrible acting and confusing plot that makes the movie completely unlikeable by newbies and more than disappointing for fans of the series, having watched it with the former and been the latter. However, the saddest part of this film might be that it takes itself so seriously. In the end, it deserves ever Razzie it got. Expand
  77. Apr 20, 2014
    A disgrace. The show this movie was based on was pure entertainment tinged with a gripping coming-of-age story, characters you wanted to be real, and some of the best animated combat ever. This is an empty vessel of plot, explanation, and exposition, with special effects that rarely pop and inexperienced child actors that make you feel as if you're watching an elementary school play. It'sA disgrace. The show this movie was based on was pure entertainment tinged with a gripping coming-of-age story, characters you wanted to be real, and some of the best animated combat ever. This is an empty vessel of plot, explanation, and exposition, with special effects that rarely pop and inexperienced child actors that make you feel as if you're watching an elementary school play. It's a terrible movie and an insulting adaption of one of the best TV shows out there. M. Night is a butcher. Expand
  78. Dec 6, 2010
    I have never seen the cartoon so I knew nothing about this story before I watched the movie, however, I had read several of the reviews here on metacritic prior to seeing this film (yes, I watched it anyway!). I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised, I fully expected to dis-like this movie and consider it a waste of time but it was much better than most of these reviews would makeI have never seen the cartoon so I knew nothing about this story before I watched the movie, however, I had read several of the reviews here on metacritic prior to seeing this film (yes, I watched it anyway!). I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised, I fully expected to dis-like this movie and consider it a waste of time but it was much better than most of these reviews would make you believe. Perhaps if I was a fan of the series I would have found more fault with it but I thought that the visuals were awesome at times, I liked the story, it was kind of like Lord of the rings of the "elements world", albeit not nearly as good! I do wish that the movie had been about another half hour in length because it did feel a bit rushed at times as if the story was moving very fast and giving you just the basics. I did not have a big problem with the acting, not Oscar caliber but not bad either. I was partially motivated to see this movie because I have a 3D television, so I bought the 3D blu-ray, It had some of the best 3D visuals that I have seen yet, they really tried to take advantage of the technology and did a great job. If you just want be swept into a mystic fantasy world with a good story and some fantastic visuals I don't think that you would be disappointed. If you are a die-hard fan of the series then I have no idea! I'm looking forward to the next one to see how the story progress's. Expand
  79. Dec 13, 2010
    Has M. Night Shyamalan done it again? No, no he hasn't. Or actually if I look at it from a different point of view, maybe I can say that he has done it again. Based off of his last few movies, which were huge disappointments, The Last Airbender certainly followed suit. With a spectacular trailer and a well-written cartoon series to back it up, it was sad to see that the great storyteller,Has M. Night Shyamalan done it again? No, no he hasn't. Or actually if I look at it from a different point of view, maybe I can say that he has done it again. Based off of his last few movies, which were huge disappointments, The Last Airbender certainly followed suit. With a spectacular trailer and a well-written cartoon series to back it up, it was sad to see that the great storyteller, Shyamalan, did a horrible job at telling the story of The Last Airbender.

Read full review at FlicksWorthWatching.com
  80. Jul 21, 2012
    The Last Airbender is all eye candy and has no heart like the Nickelodeon cartoon it is based upon. The only thing really going for is the somewhat decent visual effects used for the action and bending effects. Other than that, the story is dull, the dialogue is uninspiring, and the acting is utterly atrocious. If the visual effects were not decent, this film could have been a lot worse.The Last Airbender is all eye candy and has no heart like the Nickelodeon cartoon it is based upon. The only thing really going for is the somewhat decent visual effects used for the action and bending effects. Other than that, the story is dull, the dialogue is uninspiring, and the acting is utterly atrocious. If the visual effects were not decent, this film could have been a lot worse. This is by far the worst film M. Night Shyamalan has ever made. Expand
  81. May 31, 2013
    damn girl are you ready to swag out with ANNNNNGGGGG (Aang) and super soaka (sokka) oh and lets not forget our boy uncle EARo (Iro) the names alone automatically get a ten outta ten and the top notch acting oh boy this is why all cartoon series need a a live action movie because this is so hip hoping dawgs screw the cartoon that was terrible and this is the greatest piece of art ever
  82. Oct 22, 2013
    Not as bad as I heard it was, maybe because I haven't seen the show. Leaving that aside, the movie is just painfully mediocre, the potential is there and the CGI was great, its just not used well enough.
  83. Sep 10, 2014
    Maybe the biggest rape of source material in movie history. The charm, heart and soul of the original is lost. The well written characters are gone. Only the names of the characters are well transferred. The story is compressed and soulless. It takes a lot of effort to destroy such good sourch material.
  84. Nov 22, 2010
    I guess you cant expect anything less from M Night Shayamalan, whos movies continue to get even worse as his carreer moves along. I dont think that he should quit the movie biz, i just think he should stop writting and directing movies peroid!
  85. Dec 29, 2011
    If this had been some unknown director's debut film, released with little to no fanfare, it would have just been a bad movie. But because of the director's pedigree (albeit diminished from his first couple of films, but still!), because of the relative popularity of the source material, because of the marketing campaign that drove this film and because of the relatively large sum of moneyIf this had been some unknown director's debut film, released with little to no fanfare, it would have just been a bad movie. But because of the director's pedigree (albeit diminished from his first couple of films, but still!), because of the relative popularity of the source material, because of the marketing campaign that drove this film and because of the relatively large sum of money invested into its making, "The Last Airbender" is jaw-droppingly bad. I almost recommend you to watch it, if nothing else so you can truly understand what an awful major motion picture truly is and have a low-point to forever compare all other bad films to. Expand
  86. Jan 27, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the animated series. I absolutely hated this movie. There is really no similarity between this movie and the series. First, in the series, Aang is a happy-go-lucky kid. In the movie, there is no joy to be found anywhere. Second, bending doesn't require five minutes of dancing before a single move can be made. In the series, a flick of the wrist throws a rock. In theI am a huge fan of the animated series. I absolutely hated this movie. There is really no similarity between this movie and the series. First, in the series, Aang is a happy-go-lucky kid. In the movie, there is no joy to be found anywhere. Second, bending doesn't require five minutes of dancing before a single move can be made. In the series, a flick of the wrist throws a rock. In the movie, the characters have to go through rigorous dance moves just to levitate some water. Third, the series cannot actually be made into a movie because the movie can't encompass all of the little details the series had to offer. All in all, nothing in this movie lives up to the series. Expand
  87. Jun 23, 2013
    I enjoyed the movie greatly. The atmosphere was great. The setting and environment were beautiful. The girls are sweet. Airbender him is likeable. The kungfu moves were smooth and sleek. And of course, the great movie will not be what it is if not for the awesome special effects of air, water, fire and earth. Too bad the movie is so short. It should be twice as long! Anyway, I'm lookingI enjoyed the movie greatly. The atmosphere was great. The setting and environment were beautiful. The girls are sweet. Airbender him is likeable. The kungfu moves were smooth and sleek. And of course, the great movie will not be what it is if not for the awesome special effects of air, water, fire and earth. Too bad the movie is so short. It should be twice as long! Anyway, I'm looking forward to the sequel. Expand
  88. May 15, 2014
    This movie may be appealing for lower state of mind but for all others it is boring and an insult to the real Avatar: The Last Airbender and it's fans. Everything about this movie is terrible. Avoid at all costs.
  89. Aug 11, 2011
    "The Last Airbender" is not terrible. The story is well put-together and flows well, considering it was all condensed from a whole season from a TV show. The visuals - save for the shameful post-production 3D that makes Clash of the Titans look like Avatar - are also very solid. Peltz's performance is bland, but aside from her, there weren't any huge problems. The screenplay, though, is a"The Last Airbender" is not terrible. The story is well put-together and flows well, considering it was all condensed from a whole season from a TV show. The visuals - save for the shameful post-production 3D that makes Clash of the Titans look like Avatar - are also very solid. Peltz's performance is bland, but aside from her, there weren't any huge problems. The screenplay, though, is a mess. Full of cliches and often incomprehensible, the whole plot falls apart by the end. Expand
  90. Nov 19, 2010
    I like watching the series on Nickelodeon but this movie was just so boring and I know it wasn't to long but it felt like it. I hope that if they make a sequel is better than the first one.
  91. Jun 27, 2011
    Usually I can find some kind of redeeming element from a bad movie and enjoy the flick. I just could not do that with Ava... whoops sorry the Last Airbender. This movie is honestly laughable. Even the fight scenes are terrible, at least with Transformers Revenge of the Fallen the fight scenes were entertaining to watch. I honestly don't think that I've seen pacing this bad in a movieUsually I can find some kind of redeeming element from a bad movie and enjoy the flick. I just could not do that with Ava... whoops sorry the Last Airbender. This movie is honestly laughable. Even the fight scenes are terrible, at least with Transformers Revenge of the Fallen the fight scenes were entertaining to watch. I honestly don't think that I've seen pacing this bad in a movie ever. Also the name pronunciations were fine in the TV show, there was absolutely no reason for them to change. I mean changing the way a name sounds is not the end of the world but thats only the surface for the problems with this movie. My number one problem with the film is the acting, absolutely terrible across the board. My second problem is how bad the story is, you can not follow this film for a second. The only reason this movie is getting two stars is because of the films musical score (one point) and the Special effects (another point). I guess what I'm trying to say is this movie is terrible because... it sucks. Expand
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    Oh no, i hope there isn't a sequel. Too cheesy CGI, and boring dialog. Don't watch this movie, unless you get to watch it for free. The only thing good was the story, but that can't save it.
  93. Dec 5, 2014
    Avatar the last airbender is probably the worst m.night movie there is. It is based on the kids tv show, but honestly it wasn't as good. I'm not the biggest fan of the tv show but the movie is absolutely rubbish. It is not worth watching as the plot doesn't really make sense, and it's a full length film therefore you end up sitting there for around 2 hours watching something whichAvatar the last airbender is probably the worst m.night movie there is. It is based on the kids tv show, but honestly it wasn't as good. I'm not the biggest fan of the tv show but the movie is absolutely rubbish. It is not worth watching as the plot doesn't really make sense, and it's a full length film therefore you end up sitting there for around 2 hours watching something which shouldn't have been made. Expand
  94. Jul 26, 2011
    Okay, how do I put this........THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES EVER!!!! Don't watch this. This is a disgrace to the TV show. The special effects are great, but the dialouge is laughable and the acting is wooden. Do NOT watch this. I hope Noah Ringer is better in Cowboys vs Aliens than he was in this. People often ask, "What went wrong" about this movie. A better question is: What DIDN'T go wrong?
  95. Jul 11, 2012
    this movie was so bad i was excited at first when they first announced it then i saw it i was horrified they said uvatar instead of avatar and (if you watch LOK they made a joke about that) they pronounced characters names wrong zuko didn't even look like zuko was sapost to look like i think the guy who voice sokka could have been a better one because in this movie sokka was to seriousthis movie was so bad i was excited at first when they first announced it then i saw it i was horrified they said uvatar instead of avatar and (if you watch LOK they made a joke about that) they pronounced characters names wrong zuko didn't even look like zuko was sapost to look like i think the guy who voice sokka could have been a better one because in this movie sokka was to serious there was so many wrong things with this movie it's not even funny i don't think they even watched the series before they made the movie ooh and they forgot the kioshi warriors suki was sokkas main love interest Expand
  96. Jun 23, 2013
    Anyone who gave this movie above a 2 obviously has never seen the show, has really bad taste in movies, or is retarded. This is possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. The effects are awful, so are the actors, dialogue, fight scenes, etc.
  97. Jun 12, 2013
    This is the most terrible movie i have ever seen. This movie was so bad that i fell asleep. The fighting was so fake and the characters act so corny.
  98. Jul 5, 2015
    This movie was based on the show, and it didn't do the show complete justice, but it's decent in its own way. I did like this movie for the visuals and the martial arts. Maybe they did alter some characters, but over all I found the film not as bad, but only for the visuals and a few scenes. I gave this a six because I felt like there was too much narration and the film did get boring aThis movie was based on the show, and it didn't do the show complete justice, but it's decent in its own way. I did like this movie for the visuals and the martial arts. Maybe they did alter some characters, but over all I found the film not as bad, but only for the visuals and a few scenes. I gave this a six because I felt like there was too much narration and the film did get boring a times. I can't say this is movie ever. I did not hate it, I just thought it was gonna be better. They changed characters way too much and really sucked all the fun out of the whole movie. The show is my favorite of all time, but the movie wasn't super great and I wouldn't recommend it. In 3D, it's horrid, but it has eye candy and alright martial artists(I am a martial artist myself). It can be entertaining at times, but at the end, it becomes lame. Expand
  99. Jan 12, 2014
    Just awful. Not only does M. Night Shamalamadingdong completely butcher everything good about the tv show like the epic large scale fight scenes involving powerful benders battling it out with great direction and technique (Now just floating bits of rock shot at people that could easily have been thrown more effectively), the developed characters (there is no emotion in this film,Just awful. Not only does M. Night Shamalamadingdong completely butcher everything good about the tv show like the epic large scale fight scenes involving powerful benders battling it out with great direction and technique (Now just floating bits of rock shot at people that could easily have been thrown more effectively), the developed characters (there is no emotion in this film, everything we hear anyone say is monotone back story, due to fact they tried to fit 500 minutes of plot from the first season of Avatar into a 90 minute movie) and the beautiful world you want to explore with these characters on their adventure (the setting just feels uninspired as **** no effort went into replicating the amazing detail of the show's world), he also shows how awful he is at directing fight scenes (they are seriously boring and drawn out), casts some of the worst child actors ever to grace the big screen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbi7xUd5TPc *sigh*) and fails to record some sound and light his scenes properly! This is a disgrace to the tv show and films in general, whoever gave this production the thumbs up was probably the same person who approved Dragon Ball Evolution. Avoid this at all costs. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    This is all enormously disappointing, of course, since the best we could hope for from a live-action "Avatar" adaptation is the mind-blowing equivalent of our first encounters with wire-fu, rather than this cartoony nonsense.
  2. The movie is "Star Wars" with martial arts, plus a touch of "The Last Emperor." Technically, it's not badly done; I enjoyed the physical clash of elements, the water balls rising like sculpture in the air.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Bowles
    He hasn't mastered the craft yet, but M. Night Shyamalan may be on to something with this action-movie thing.