The LEGO Movie

8.2

1. Feb 16, 2014
    If you are a kid, this movie contains a valuable lesson you must learn. If you are an adult who played with lego as a kid you will also enjoy yourself with this film. At the start it hints that it is going to be too children's cartoon for you to enjoy. But then it quickly develops in to something both adults and kids can take pleasure from.
    The concepts are kept simple enough for children
    The concepts are kept simple enough for children to follow. But simple isn't bad. And there are more than enough in-jokes to keep adults laughing out loud for quite a while.

Will Farrell plays his part terrifically. Much like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Conan films, he finds just the right balance to make it work. Its serious enough to be believable but relaxed enough it doesn't feel out of place. And considering he has actual face time in a movie 95% CG plastic lego men, it would be so easy to break consistency there.

I have two criticisms of the film. Firstly I though there should be more "Middle Zealand."
    Also as I write this I have the "everything is awesome" song stuck in my head. When you hear it you'll understand.
  2. Feb 9, 2014
    One of the funniest most thought provoking animated movies ever. It takes full advantage of everything Lego and introduces some lovable new characters like Unikitty while also putting a cool spin on classics like Batman. The only thing I didn't like was how much of what happens in the end seems to drag on for awhile and I didn't care for the "twist" they threw in but that's hardly enoughOne of the funniest most thought provoking animated movies ever. It takes full advantage of everything Lego and introduces some lovable new characters like Unikitty while also putting a cool spin on classics like Batman. The only thing I didn't like was how much of what happens in the end seems to drag on for awhile and I didn't care for the "twist" they threw in but that's hardly enough to hate the movie for. Expand
  3. Aug 16, 2014
    Awesome movie, everyone should see this if you're young or young at heart.
    Awesome movie, everyone should see this if you're young or young at heart.
    Liam Nesson did an awesome job, as did Will Ferrell. Morgan Freeman, Will Arnett and Chris Pratt all playing great roles. This movie has everything - action, peril, heartfelt conversations between father and son, and of course Legos! Although I was a lone adult when I watched it, I was laughing as loud as the kids at times. Sometimes the jokes will go over them, but adults will catch them if you pay attention.
    The animation team did a great job on this, you sometimes forget it's all done with Legos. Crazy good.
    In summary, worth a rent and buy it if you like it. I bought it to share laughs time and time again. Another quotable movie for kids and adults.
  4. Apr 2, 2014
    Witty and visually imaginative, with a great (Devo-ish) soundtrack. Very tongue in cheek, with a sweet and soulful heart. Batman is the standout character, but all the jokes at the expense of popular culture (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, JLA, Star Wars, My Little Pony, pirate movies etc) are pretty good. Kids will probably enjoy it (it is a bit long) because of the colour andWitty and visually imaginative, with a great (Devo-ish) soundtrack. Very tongue in cheek, with a sweet and soulful heart. Batman is the standout character, but all the jokes at the expense of popular culture (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, JLA, Star Wars, My Little Pony, pirate movies etc) are pretty good. Kids will probably enjoy it (it is a bit long) because of the colour and continuous kinetic action, but adults should get something out of it as well. Kudos to Australian company Animal Logic for the animation. Sometimes the script was a little hard to follow (not that important, really) and some of the car chase scenes were too long, but that is a common failing with nearly all hit movies these days. Recommended, as it sets a new bar in animation. Sequels can be expected. Expand
  5. Jan 6, 2015
    Awesomeness incarnate. Very well done movie, from the plot and direction to the visualization of it all. Talk about bringing Lego to life! 10/10 would watch again. Already have watched again, actually.
  6. May 8, 2015
    If ever there was a movie that defined "surprise hit" this is it. Never in a million years did I think I was going to like this. Yet I did.

Great animation, or stop motion, whatever. Great voice acting. Fun plot and pretty funny humor. However, I did feel the pacing was off and very inconsistent. Dragging, then suddenly jumping forward, then dragging again. Stop, go, stop, go. This

However, I did feel the pacing was off and very inconsistent. Dragging, then suddenly jumping forward, then dragging again. Stop, go, stop, go. This pacing style did kinda disrupt many of the jokes, not letting them sink in or get overshadowed by the next thing happening.

Overall:
    The LEGO movie is a ton of fun. Even with its minor flaws I thoroughly enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
  7. Jun 17, 2014
    3D animation is a new thing in the cinema world. Just the two decades old technology, which started with 'Toy Story'. So as it is young, filmmakers utilizing it very awesomely to create great stuffs. So far we had seen the many wonders of classical tales such as 'Tangled', 'Frozen' et cetera, as well based on the modern subjects like, 'Cars', 'Turbo' et cetera. Here it comes one more movie3D animation is a new thing in the cinema world. Just the two decades old technology, which started with 'Toy Story'. So as it is young, filmmakers utilizing it very awesomely to create great stuffs. So far we had seen the many wonders of classical tales such as 'Tangled', 'Frozen' et cetera, as well based on the modern subjects like, 'Cars', 'Turbo' et cetera. Here it comes one more movie that specially made referring gaming object like the recent one 'Wreck-It-Ralp'.

I loved 'Wreck-It-Ralp', but the fact is that I was not in favour of this movie. Expected it gonna bomb at the box office, then surprised me with the result and made very curious. I knew characters in the form of Lego bricks are easy to animate, we can say just like the stop-motion animation, but it won't give smooth pleasurable flow. That truly bothered me over this movie. Once I began to watch within a few minutes I got adjusted with it so comfortable and enjoyed completely.

The story of an ordinary construction worker, Emmet and his unexpected journey towards saving the world. He was accompanied by the great fighters and warriors and superheroes. He has to find the secret plan of villainous leader who controls the land of Lego and must defeat him. To know that you must watch the movie.

It is a nice movie, though the story is not fresh. Kind of spoof which imitates recent past movies like 'The Lord of the Rings', Chris Nolan's Batman movie and many others. Especially all the famous characters from various movies had the cameos. It was so fun having them together in one place. So it is not the story, but the way of story telling was so innovative and modern and that showed this movie to the gate of success.

I remember I had the best time building something with these Lego bricks in my childhood. All those memories came alive after watching this just like I remembered during 'Wreck-It-Ralp'. It is such a cute movie with fun characters. A smart movie for all age group. I am very much sure it will be one the strongest contender for the next edition of the Oscar ceremony. At present I am not seeing any other equally good ones so who know it may win, but have to wait for another 6 months to know that.
  8. Jan 25, 2015
    Entertaining from start to finish despite not being my cup of tea. It is really impressive what they accomplished using Lego, brilliant. The song is very catchy and overall the movie is very creative. It´s one of those which obviously don´t have emotional depth and do not stay with you for a while. But in this case it does not make it less impressive. I cannot give it more than a 7 though.Entertaining from start to finish despite not being my cup of tea. It is really impressive what they accomplished using Lego, brilliant. The song is very catchy and overall the movie is very creative. It´s one of those which obviously don´t have emotional depth and do not stay with you for a while. But in this case it does not make it less impressive. I cannot give it more than a 7 though. It is not like it is a masterpiece. Expand
  9. Jan 8, 2015
    Wow. This was way better than I was expecting. The animation was stunning, the whole thing, from the screenplay to the action, was full of invention and creativity, and it's actually pretty profound and original to boot. I loved the characters. They're funny, very well voiced, and overall, endearing. There's never a dull moment either. The beautifully animated action is often bothWow. This was way better than I was expecting. The animation was stunning, the whole thing, from the screenplay to the action, was full of invention and creativity, and it's actually pretty profound and original to boot. I loved the characters. They're funny, very well voiced, and overall, endearing. There's never a dull moment either. The beautifully animated action is often both witty and exciting at the same time. The ending, believe it or not, is extremely meta. It's actually as deep a meditation on the human imagination, alternate realities, and separate universes as anything you can find in The Matrix, Inception, or Interstellar. It's actually quite ambiguous too. There are quite a few possible explanations for what was actually happening, and I'm sure you'll have them bounding around through your head once you see it. This is as good as animated movies get and one of the best films of 2014 from any genre. Expand
  10. Mar 7, 2014
    This movie was very entertaining. I was looking forward to this movie, but I did not expect it to be this good. I was laughing throughout the entire film and did not find a single moment dull.
  11. Jun 23, 2015
    I didn't see this movie, but it seems like it would be great fun! I have three kids, so they will likely enjoy it as well. I guess I'll have to watch it online, as it's no longer in the theaters.
  12. Feb 26, 2014
    Thus far this is tied with Her as my favourites for 2014. There is a lot to like about this movie especially having seen it in 3D which enhances just how entertaining this is. A obvious comment - this is Lego brought to life!

I loved how well thought through this movie was. Whilst it references popular culture both through characters of other stories but also Internet memes such as Batman's capacity to achieve anything. It has aptly timed humour that was refreshingly unexpected. But most of all I really enjoyed how to the story unfolded with the presence of real world items; the end result being an acknowledgement of the creativity found in a child's mind and how adults can inhibit this. Brilliant.

On that note I really appreciated the deeper meaning in this film and how well rounded the message is: creativity shouldn't be limited to those who think freely and originally. Anyone is capable of creativity whether it be complete new, a slight different, or a revised of something already present. But beyond that independant creativity thought should be applauded communal creative thought should be too. As well as creative thought derived from instructions.

Toy Story 3 was the last animation film I saw which was explored childhood and what it meanings, including growing up. It was a masterpiece which hasn't been topped. Lego Movie is not as good and is different but what it does share is an equally relevant showcase of experiences children have.

I trust you, like me, walked away from this movie wanting to play with Lego, play Mindcraft or do something creative. Wonderful!
  13. Feb 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, I went to it as excited as can be. I find myself very lucky that my experience wasn't ruined by whiny smelly chatty gullible children, as there weren't any in the theatre.
    Anyway, onto the movie. I'm gonna say this, this movie is probably one of the best of 2014. It was really awesome, loved all the characters, the dialogue and the interactions between them was lovely. The events were awesome and the pacing of the whole movie was astonishing. And the animating was pretty mind blowing for a Lego Movie.
    But, here's the thing. This movie is, in hindsight, a 'Journey is better than the destination' case. But when watching it in the theatre, the ending kinda makes the events of the whole movie pointless. As none of it is real, and it's just Will Ferrell VS Will Ferrell's son. But it's still a good movie... And in some scenes, the combination of CGI and Stop-Motion kinda throws you off. Especially when the Stop-Motion-only bits are barely distinguishable from the CGI ones.
    Back to the good stuff. The whole idea of this movie is awesome, and the implications, along with the truth behind those implications seem too mature for kids, makes me kinda wonder what the writers were also constrained to, due to the movie's PG rating.
    Liam Neeson's performance (I'm not calling him Bad Cop, nope) was outstanding, and I'v never had as many feels for a factional character as this guy (Well, maybe Lee Everett).
    Morgan Freeman (Not calling him Vitruvius, either) did his role pretty awesomely, too. But Morgan Freeman, as an actor gets a free pass, no matter what. He's still really really great in this movie.
    Batman was also a nice character, a much needed change from the serious gritty dark Batman we're used to. And the Star Wars scene ...I literally started applauding right there.
    This movie, didn't need to be 3D. It barely used it beside the part where Liam Neeson shoots the screen. I can't wait to see 3D just go.
    Anyway, I'm going off topic here. This movie, as it's theme of 'unspecial' goes, is awesome!
    I'd give it a 9.2 just because of the ending, but for lack of a fractional voting system on this site, I give it a deserving 10/10. There needs to be way more movies like this, movies that know what they are and make the best of it, not movies like Kick-Ass 2 or Man Of Steel that are simply trying too hard.
  14. Feb 11, 2014
    For a film that essentially exists to further promote a successful product, The Lego Movie is a pleasantly surprising, wonderfully uplifting, and far more touching film than I could have ever anticipated.

The story follows several characters voiced by the likes of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks and Morgan Freeman, as they journey through a vast world of Lego in order to stop Lord Business from ending the Lego Universe. And the world in which the story took place, was one that evoked so many fond memories.
    In fact, I'd be extremely surprised if anyone left the theatre without feeling like a 10 year old again.
    That's part of the beauty of the film. It puts you in a world where nothing, no matter how ridiculous or inconceivable is off limits.

While thinking about writing this, I was originally about to throw a 9 at this film, which is obviously still very good. But after some reflection, I can't think of why I would dock a point from the movie. There wasn't a single point in the film in which, I was upset or disappointed with any aspect. The film has a good flow to it, the characters are loveable, the humour is sensational and had me at times trying not to keel over in my seat. And as far as family oriented movies go, it's got what is by far one of the most heartwarming messages that I truly related to. It's just that good.

It was simply a joy to experience from start to finish, and if you think you're too old for Lego now - shut-up, get the car keys, and go to your local theatre and see it.

A 10 out of 10.

Jack Valentine
  15. Feb 9, 2014
    Well you already know the this gonna be one of the best animation of 2014! Top notch voice acting, great storytelling with satisfying ending! But it's not "Toy Story" level. The bad - 3D effect is garbage, 3D has to go, it takes away from the movie experience
  16. Feb 9, 2014
    An instant classic. Smart, Witty and one GIANT nostalgia bomb with great cameos and pop culture references. a must own for kids and parents who grew up building Legos.
  17. Feb 9, 2014
    EVERYTHING IS AWESOME-yeah everything about in this film is really MIND BLOWING awesome moments ! ITS FULL OF FUN N LAUGH- NO MINUTE FOR LAGGING, EACH N EVERY SCENE OF THE FILM ENTERTAIN US! SUPERB VOICE CASTING LEAD BY ,Chris Pratt,Will Ferrell,Elizabeth Banks,Will Arnett, Liam Neeson N Morgan Freeman.! EXCELLENT BGM WORKS -I LOVE IT
    DON'T MISS THIS FUN CRAZY,ROMANTIC,ACTION,ANIMATION
    DON'T MISS THIS FUN CRAZY,ROMANTIC,ACTION,ANIMATION FILM !!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Feb 12, 2014
    So first of all I was a little skeptical after hearing that a Lego movie was in the works. Then I learned that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were writing and directing. That's when this movie got my attention. Now let me just make it very clear that I am a huge Lego fan and have been playing with it since I can remember.

I can with all the confidence in the world say, that this movie

I can with all the confidence in the world say, that this movie does NOT disappoint! Firstly the animation that's meant to look like stop motion looks phenomenal.It's hilarious and witty with great characters and for a story that's fairly formulaic, also has depth and emotion. Have to be honest, I kinda saw the twist coming but it's great nonetheless. The ending tugged my heartstrings much like Toy Story 3 did. All in all I walked out of the cinema, firstly singing "Everything is Awesome!" and secondly I checked it of my list as the best animation that I have seen.
  19. Feb 17, 2014
    Amazing Animation, A Steady Plot, Wonderful Characters, Pleasant Humor, Is What Makes The Lego Movie My Favourite Film Tied With The Avengers Well Done Warner Brothers And Phil Lord And Chris Miller.
  20. Apr 1, 2014
    If you've played with LEGO, you'll get more of the jokes. If you haven't, there's still plenty to love about a film that hits most of its beats and has a passable enough story to keep you going. The high quality of animation shows you why these films take so long to make. Witty and warm, with enough digs at cynical marketing techniques, "The LEGO Movie" is a fun night out, and will sell inIf you've played with LEGO, you'll get more of the jokes. If you haven't, there's still plenty to love about a film that hits most of its beats and has a passable enough story to keep you going. The high quality of animation shows you why these films take so long to make. Witty and warm, with enough digs at cynical marketing techniques, "The LEGO Movie" is a fun night out, and will sell in bucket loads on Blu ray and DVD. Batman is a joy all by himself, and a brief, but wonderful cameo by the crew of the Millenium Falcon is almost worth the admission fee in itself. Fun for children and adults alike. Not perfect, but a pretty good try. Now, where did I put my LEGO? Expand
  21. Jan 18, 2015
    I had fun watching this movie. I do think it's a little overrated when talking about being a comedy, but it was charming and very creative. Also, the effects were top notch and I kinda wish I had seen the film in 3D.
  22. Feb 17, 2014
    Everything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is aEverything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is a bright and shining example of true, unique creativity…plus, it’s all about the greatest toys ever created. So, it has that going for it as well. Expand
  23. Jun 18, 2014
    "MasterBuilders spend years training themselves to clear their minds enough to have even a fleeting glimpse of The Man Upstairs and yet, your mind is already so prodigiously empty that there is nothing in it to clear away in the first place. With proper training you could become a great MasterBuilder."

It's strange when a movie that comes out in the beginning of the year does so well at both the box office and with critical reception but The Lego Movie absolutely blows both of those out of the water. Now seeing that both Chris Miller and Phil Lord wrote/directed this movie i think they might be my new favorite comedy directors as i have loved their last three movies those being This, and both 21 and 22 Jump Street. The 3D Animation is amazing yet still retro with how it looks like its stop motion, this is most noticeable when you see the waves in the blocky ocean. The Lego movie is a fast paced, action packed, thrill ride, loaded with an abundance of humor, and an amazing set of actors lending their voices to many, many Lego characters.

Our story follow a normal construction worker named Emmet Brickowski (Chris Pratt) from the town of Bricksburg owned by Lord Business (Will Ferrell). Emmet is just your everyday normal do it by the instructions guy and while after work hours one night he notices someone looking around for something on the work site as he is about to call the police they take their hood off and Emmet notices that its a really hot woman. Emmet is struck with awe and cannot even complete his sentence just then she happens to run away and Emmet starts to run after her but falls into a hole and finds the "Piece of Resistance". After touching it Emmet receives a crazy vision and passes out, he awakens with the piece of resistance stuck on his back and in the custody of Lord Business lieutenant Bad Cop (Liam Neeson) this is where he learns the plans of Lord Business to cover the entire world in Kragle which happens to turn out to be a tube of Krazy Glue with some of the letters scratched out.

Just as they are about to take the Piece of Resistance a mystery person shows up and saves Emmet which we soon find out happens to be the same woman person Emmet saw at this work, she says her name is Wyldstyle (Elizabeth Banks) and she goes on to tell Emmet that he is the most special, and most important person in all the world. Of course Emmet is still struck with how beautiful she is just agrees to everything she says in which we later find out everything she thought about him turns out to be wrong. Now we have our movie where we see Emmet go from a normal guy to being the savior of The Lego Universe with the help of his friends of course. We see The Lego Universe comes to life when are introduced to other Lego lands like The Old West, Pirate's Cove, Vikings Landing and my absolute favorite Middle Zealand. A big reason to why this movie was so awesome is all the cameo's the movie has like Shaquille O'Neal as his Lego self, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as Superman and Green Lantern, also the tons of characters that didn't get a voice but just a cameo, and it was finally great to see Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman even if it was just her voice acting because she was the actress back in 2005 on Joss Whedon's short list for his now scrapped Wonder Woman project.

My only problem with the movie was the ending and that it brings in real life and real life drama into the movie which honestly wasn't needed to make its point. Even though the ending was my least favorite part it had my most favorite scene, where Emmet is talking to Lord Business about him not having to be a bad person anymore. Now i see people saying Will Arnett as Batman was the best character from the movie and sure he was great but personally i laughed harder with Benny (Charlie Day) especially at the spaceship part. SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!!

Overall i give it a 8.5 I seriously can't wait for the Ninjago spin-off movie in 2016 and The Lego Movie sequel in 2017
  24. Feb 14, 2014
    What a great first movie of the year! The Lego Movie offers a variety of entertainment of people of all ages. It is on par with Toy Story's story, characters, animation, and everything that had made those movies so great. It is a kid friendly movie, with some innuendos that only adults or teens would get. Everything was so pleasant from this movie and I left wishing I was watching a movieWhat a great first movie of the year! The Lego Movie offers a variety of entertainment of people of all ages. It is on par with Toy Story's story, characters, animation, and everything that had made those movies so great. It is a kid friendly movie, with some innuendos that only adults or teens would get. Everything was so pleasant from this movie and I left wishing I was watching a movie like this when I was a child. 10/10 MUST SEE Expand
  25. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What we’ve got here is a fantastic film, which could genuinely be enjoyed by anyone. That might be an obvious thing to say, but The Lego Movie might be the closest we’ve come to the elusive story which explores realistic, down to earth problems while being completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And there are plenty of robots.

Ironically, for a film based on a lucrative product owned by a giant corporation, The Lego Movie appears to bite the hand that feeds it and actually deconstructs (here come the puns) the corporate world. Who cares if the film will probably make a killing in tie-in Lego sets and video games? At least they decided to tell a compelling and engaging story instead of just palming us off with a heartless cash-in or an overblown explosion-fest.

Similarly, it feels like it’s far too easy these days for film makers to knock out a bunch of cheap CGI movies every year, at the expense of the increasingly neglected but labour intensive art of stop-motion. It’s understandable why this route has been taken, and there are a few gems in the cascade, but outside of Pixar, CGI films are not something I routinely seek out.

Apparently 90% of The Lego Movie was CGI, and a little bit of stop motion, but apart from the facial expressions and fluid movements which would seriously push the limitations of a plastic Lego man, you could easily have convinced me that it was the other way around. Everything looks like it’s made from Lego, even the oceans and the explosions.

It’s both sobering to have reached a point where the two become almost indistinguishable and satisfying to see CGI being used to make a great film which works as both a satire of modern consumerism and an exploration of that age-old Lego dilemma: should one build according to the instructions, or just smash everything into a big pile and build whatever.

Our main man is Emmett (Chris Pratt), your generic Lego man, right down to his classic Lego smiley face. He’s a construction worker living in a huge Lego city, who has very few ideas of his own. He follows his instructions, smiles and waves to everyone he meets, pays through the nose for coffee on the way to work and does whatever the vaguely Orwellian government says is the right thing to do.

In a typical narrative fashion, events kick off after a chance encounter with funky punk girl Wildstyle (Elizabeth Banks) who is a member of the resistance. Emmett is dragged along for the ride and passes through the masquerade, leaving the regulated order of the big city and discovering the crazy and colourful potential of Lego in the world of the master builders, exiled lords of creative construction who believe Emmett to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force and end the days of instruction-based oppression. The trouble is he’s never had an original thought in his life.

The film is rounded out with a great cast of characters and some cracking cameos, both showcasing some solid vocal talent. The enemy and instigator of the repressive order is a suitably zany Will Ferrell hamming it up as the Lego universe’s ‘President Business’ who is assisted by the conflicted split-personality of his chief enforcer Good Cop/Bad Cop. voiced by Liam Neeson at his Irish tough guy best.

With a wry nod to his frequent typecasting, Morgan Freeman plays a wise old sage and among the cameos are Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s other movie of the moment, 22 Jump Street).

The film really embodies the spirit of Lego, and as such is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who’s ever encountered the stuff. Once they leave the city, the characters traverse the length and breadth of the Lego-verse, making their way through the many themes Lego has released over the years, providing settings as diverse as western, medieval and pirate.

There are some tender and serious moments, but most of it is a merciless but affectionate parody of whatever transpires, be it city life, epic destiny, overblown villainy or blockbuster action. Everything’s funny and a little wacky, riding easily and successfully on the inherent humour that comes with having everything made out of Lego.

There are even nods to unpopular, ill-conceived, or just plain random Lego themes, and references small and large to various other franchise tie-ins (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superheroes, etc.) showcasing the kind of mad-cap crossovers you can cook up when you have the licence. By this token, Batman himself (Will Arnett) along with a character from the classic 1980s Space theme (Charlie Day) are major players in the plot.

The ending, which I won’t spoil, does get a little schmaltzy, but it’s forgivable. Otherwise, nothing disappoints, and everything one might want or expect from a Lego movie is delivered in spades. Oh yes, and I managed to get through an entire review of this film without using the word ‘awesome’. Dang. Good soundtrack, though.
  26. Feb 16, 2014
    I have always loved LEGO, and I was looking forwards to seeing it no matter how bad it was. I even had a huge grin on my face all throughout the movie. It was funny, awesome, and had everything made with LEGO, even the animated explosions. It showed you can build anything with LEGO. Plus the ending warmed my heart like anything else. Easily the best movie of 2014, so far.
  27. Feb 22, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es proyecto muy original e imaginativo. Me sorprendió cuando fui al cine para verla, pagar la entrada valió la pena, fue espectacular, uno de esos proyectos que son capaces de ser premiados para la mejor película animada (del año que viene). Lo mejor de The LEGO Movie de lejos son sus personajes creados con figuras de LEGO reales en Stop Motion pero de alguna manera logranThe LEGO Movie es proyecto muy original e imaginativo. Me sorprendió cuando fui al cine para verla, pagar la entrada valió la pena, fue espectacular, uno de esos proyectos que son capaces de ser premiados para la mejor película animada (del año que viene). Lo mejor de The LEGO Movie de lejos son sus personajes creados con figuras de LEGO reales en Stop Motion pero de alguna manera logran cobrar vida a lo largo de la película, tiene un humor sano, inocente y divertido, y como alago final: NO CAE EN LO RIDÍCULO, ya que muchas películas animadas de hoy en día son patéticas. Pero vale la pena hacer una observación de ésta ya que es un proyecto divertido que disfrutaran personas de todas las edades. Expand
  28. May 30, 2014
    I have been waiting ever science i played with lego when i was 4 years old and now that it is here and....IT IS AWESOME (if you seen the movie you know what I mean) It has a good story a good cast and its cool
  29. Jul 14, 2014
    Loud, colourful, brilliantly voice acted, and outrageously entertaining, The Lego Movie is a fantastic animation feature sure to please older generations as well.
  30. Aug 21, 2014
    Very funny and interesting. I'm not a Lego freak but it was very exciting to watch a movie that takes place in the Lego Universe.
    On the disappointment part, the beginning made me expect a utopian story but the plot carried out more of a childish way and I didn't enjoy the ending as a result. Also I think use of some characters just because Lego has copyright agreement were unnecessary.
  31. Apr 25, 2014
    With witty dialogue and unique stop motion visual effects, The LEGO Movie is a surprisingly smart and thought-provoking movie for not only children but adults too. Everything is awesome in this movie.
  32. Apr 19, 2014
    Pretty much the song "everything is awesome" sums up whats the movie is 'Awesome'

Very good story, With excellent characters along with voice acting, it is top notch with Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman and Channing Tatem just to name a few. The movie has some funny jokes and excellent references that fit in to make it awesome, The comedy is not dumbed down for

The movie has some funny jokes and excellent references that fit in to make it awesome, The comedy is not dumbed down for children to get but it is smart so all ages will get the joke the best joke was the Star Wars scene.

The last 15 minutes with Will Ferrell and the kid (don't know the actors name) was an amazing scene, yes and that part about duplo :P.
  33. Apr 5, 2015
    It's LEGO® itself: it shows vivid and creatively the meaning of it for both adults and children; it is a little overrated but the 8 goes for the great representation and meaning of the brand LEGO® it offers. Great movie.
  34. May 6, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is great fun to watch with good dialogue and funny scenes, it is perfect for all ages. The story was really good, the ending was decent. Overall it is a fun movie to watch with family or friends
  35. Feb 10, 2014
    Without a doubt one of the best movies of the year, a must see, not just for Lego fans. It will surprise you how great, or how "awesome" everything about this movie is, and how fun the movie is, I laughed a lot, and its just a great story, with a so many awesome great characters which you will remember for a long time!
    Watch it, the Lego movie wont disappoint !! A must see !
  36. Apr 10, 2014
    A good movie that is fun for kids and parents. However, it is not "awesome" as the movie's theme song tries to convince you. It is good, but it is not the "tenouttaten" everyone claims it is.
  37. Feb 9, 2014
    This was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behind it really deserves a big pat on the back. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, and I will most definitely will be going to see thisThis was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behind it really deserves a big pat on the back. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, and I will most definitely will be going to see this again while in theaters. Expand
  38. Mar 3, 2014
    I loved this movie, it is incredible. The animation is wonderful, the characters are incredible likable, the message at the end is valuable, the plot twist is very well done and it's hilarious. There's nothing else to say but "Everything is awesome!" and as my friend Memburg said, "Spaceship!"
  39. Feb 10, 2014
    The Monty Python & The Holy Grail Of Computer Animated Comedies.
    The Minds Behind Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs & 21 Jump Street Bring Us Perhaps Their Best Yet.
  40. Feb 10, 2014
    The most anti-establishment kids movie I've ever seen. This movie plays like the matrix for kids. On surface level it seems silly, irrelevant and nostalgic; but under the surface lies a power message to disrupt the status quo. There is so much humour in this film I had tears in my eyes, who knows how much I missed. Definitely the best 'animated' film since ToyStory 3.
  41. Feb 11, 2014
    This movie is absolutely wonderful, you could put it right next to a Disney movie, easily. I can see why some people didn't like it, with the old school animation, cheesy jokes and the fact that its centered around the product, but as for the people who hate it, they are just stereotyping the movie as a kids movie or an advertisement. To truly enjoy this movie you must have an open mindThis movie is absolutely wonderful, you could put it right next to a Disney movie, easily. I can see why some people didn't like it, with the old school animation, cheesy jokes and the fact that its centered around the product, but as for the people who hate it, they are just stereotyping the movie as a kids movie or an advertisement. To truly enjoy this movie you must have an open mind and treat it just like any other movie Expand
  42. Feb 16, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!
  43. Feb 16, 2014
    A great movie right up until the live action part sucked the life right out. It was neither believable or necessary and had the same effect as the PSA for anti-piracy and smoking before the film.
  44. Feb 16, 2014
    This movie has potential to be the movie of the year. It manages to appeal to both children and adults, with rapid fire humor, one liners, well done action sequences, and several carefully intertwined themes, this movie is one of the best I've ever seen. I expected little more than a 2 hour Lego commercial, but got 2 hours of action, humor, and meta awareness.
  45. Feb 17, 2014
    This film is absolutely fantastic. It's quite similar to The Simpsons in the way that if you watch it as a child, you'll love it, but if you watch it as an adult, you'll love it even more as there is some bits of humor that only adults will understand.
    This film is a must see.
  46. Feb 18, 2014
    The lego movie is a fantastic departure from usual chosen one children's fare that provides a witty that young and old should watch the excellent voice talent from Chris Pratt, Jonah Hill, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, and Will Ferrel.l
  47. Feb 20, 2014
    Absolutely hilarious, Great film, Entertaining, Wether you are 7 or 50, its just great. The animation and story is carefuly and cleverly done, And the ending was lovely :,) WATCH THIS FILM RIGHT NOW
  48. Feb 22, 2014
    Filme muito bom,eu realmente achava que seria um filme somente focado para o público infantil,mas não! ele meio que abrange todos os públicos e tem um final que eu não esperava de maneire nenhuma,estão de parabéns !
  49. Feb 25, 2014
    A pleasant mix of lighthearted humor and emotional twists, The Lego movie didn't disappoint. Although I found the opening scene to be bad, the rest of the movie more than redeemed it.
  50. Feb 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed this film. The visuals are really good, the cast is strong and it has as many characters from as many different sets as it could possibly manage!

Even the subtle things like fire and water effects are the actual fire and water bricks you would get in a set not some standard explosion which would have been disjointed. Other things like 1980's spaceship guy having a worn logo and cracked helmet, things that are well known to have happened to that piece over time.

They did the best thing they could of done with the story and thats not make it perfect but make it as random as possible. There are flaws in the story yes but when you get to the end you realise why it is so random and it ties everything up in a nice neat bow.

Favourite characters are definitely 1980's spaceship guy and good cop bad cop.
  51. Mar 3, 2014
    How can you not give this film universal acclaim when it is able to get laughs, emotional connections, in a well-written story for all ages? The casting is massive and yet everyone works together at an even level. This is a highly enjoyable film from beginning to end, and recommended for anyone in 2014
  52. Feb 26, 2014
    The Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly usedThe Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly used them as soldiers playing war. This movie like the Shrek dynasty, is fine for any age. I never believe it when the ads say that but this is true. Expand
  53. Feb 28, 2014
    I really liked the movie because it gives moments of fun, but I did not expect realistic scenes. Either way was fine, it leaves a great message and creators strove for was not boring.
  54. Mar 11, 2014
    All i am going to say is that this movie is a must see for ALL AGES! Final Verdict:9/10 YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  55. Apr 5, 2014
    just a fun cool movie for the whole family!. The Lego movie is the best animated film since Toy story and will be among the best animated films of all time!. this is a highly recommended film to anyone, for any age and will keep you feeling awesome and cool. Just remember that everything is awesome and everything is cool when your part of a team!.
  56. Mar 15, 2014
    I went into this movie with an open mind and was not disappointed let me get this out of the way this movies visuals are amazing it looks like real Lego's and besides that this movie was just overall a very fun experience it was funny and had a very awesome part ast the end I'm not gonna post any spoilers the only thing that I was kind of upset about is that I would have liked to see moreI went into this movie with an open mind and was not disappointed let me get this out of the way this movies visuals are amazing it looks like real Lego's and besides that this movie was just overall a very fun experience it was funny and had a very awesome part ast the end I'm not gonna post any spoilers the only thing that I was kind of upset about is that I would have liked to see more creative things made in the lego movie besides the one thing at the end but besides that I'm gonna put this movie with my top ten favorite animated movies maybe even top five. Expand
  57. Nov 23, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es una película que contiene una buena incorporación de elementos al azar que cuando se mezclan, el resultado es una buena película de animación.
  58. Mar 23, 2014
    I came into it thinking, "How can they possibly make a Lego Movie a good film on any serious level?" and was blown away. Yes, this is a film about little Lego people, but it resonates on as many levels with 20-somethings and 90s kids as it does with youngsters because of its clever plot-line, punchy humor, and numerous cultural references. A winner on all levels.
  59. Mar 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a fan of LEGO for over nine years, so I was excited to find out about this movie. I was expecting it to be a decent kids film, but it ended up being so much more. Its very creative and original as well as having beautiful animation (LEGO bricks everywhere!). Now, yes, this movie is an obvious advertisement for LEGO toys, but its a commercial done well. Also being a Batman fan, I was kind f worried about their take on the character being a jerk. Fortunately, he's really funny and is one of my favorite characters of the film. I shouldn't have been to worried since this isn't an official Batman thing after all, its just a parody of the character who reminds me of the same character in LEGO stop motion film maker Forrestfire101's videos. I'm actually surprised that a lot of the negative thoughts people have on the film is its live action ending. For me, I wouldn't have really liked the film without it. It solves the many plot holes I pointed out while watching it like, "If Business stole the Kragle 8 1/2 years ago, why not use it 8 1/2 years ago?" and "how did Batman know when to save Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, and Emmet while they were falling?" The point is, these were never plot holes! It was just a very young kid coming up with his own stupid story! It surprised when I got to this point in the film, and it made me feel nostalgic for the time I was a kid and came up with equally stupid stories. But despite all the good things I've been saying about the film, there are a few flaws I'd like to point out. If your watching the film for the first time, it can feel really fast paced around the beginning and some of the middle. However, it won't feel this way watching it the second time since you practically know whats gonna happen. My other flaw with the film, more of a nit pick actually, is that they get rid of the Good Cop character to quickly. I can't really consider it a spoiler since it happens right around the end of the first act, BEFORE we meet Batman, Uni-Kitty, Benny, and MetaBeard. I like the WAY they did it, but it they should have at least gotten rid of him in the middle of the film thus saving time for more jokes on the character. So, if you know someone who hasn't seen the film, go ahead and watch it with them. Expand
  60. Mar 30, 2014
    The lego movie is a very entertaining and funny movie for all ages to enjoy. I went with one of my best friends and we were laughing the whole time. The animation of the movie was very well done and I love how they had real people in the movie as well as animation.
  61. Mar 31, 2014
    Funny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. From the colorful cast to the almost deadpan humor, this movie is amazing in every single way.
  62. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  63. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  64. Apr 17, 2014
    A really funny, good kids movie. One of my favourites of 2014 so far. Even though its a kids movie there were many jokes that I loved and laughed a lot at. Animation was great how they made everything look like Lego even explosions. A well done movie.
  65. Apr 27, 2014
    Everything about this movie is completely awesome!! Definitely an Academy Award winner for next years oscars!!!! Everything Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  66. Apr 21, 2014
    Easily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicing promises one of the best movies ever made.
  67. Apr 27, 2014
    I basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it evenI basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it even featured some live action which was awesome. let's just say "everything is awesome" about this movie! Expand
  68. May 16, 2014
    I'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'mI'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'm going to rag on Lego shouldn't I be just as harsh on Transformers? Or should I just be grateful that Michael Bay didn't get his hands on this one? Like I said, I'm confused. But entertained. Expand
  69. May 19, 2014
    It's a great movie to watch and the best movie of 2014 and also has my flashback of when I was playing Legos and I recommend you to watch it when I comes to blue ray and DVD.
  70. Jun 4, 2014
    I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman,I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, ect.) It is not really violent and I believe it gave off a positive message to younger kids. My family can’t wait for it to come out on DVD, I already pre-ordered it. Expand
  71. Jun 9, 2014
    Everything is cool when you watch this movie
    Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details you find on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed

Everything is better when it's in LEGO

(Wooo)
    3, 2, 1. Go

Have you seen the film, everyone's talking
    The film is good 'cause everything's awesome
    Emmet is the 'chosen one', no, he's not voiced by Daniel Radcliffe
    No screen time for the boy wizard

It feels more awesome than an awesome Pixar movie
    Dip my body in pizza toppings
    Three years later, wash off the tomato
    Smellin' like a margherita pizza, everything is awesome
    LEGO Milhouse appears, has no spoken lines
    But it's awesome to see him, and it's awesome to love it (it's awesome to love it)

Everything is better when it's in LEGO
    Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details as on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed

LEGO-ized blue skies, Superman flies
    We just named two awesome things
    Batman arrives, plus plenty of other LEGO-ized things
    You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING!

Dumbledore on helium, double decker couch, a song which repeats itself
    Glue stick weapons, a cracked helmet on a Spaceman minifigure
    Awesome parts of the LEGO Movie

The writing ,voice-acting, Abraham Lincoln
    They're awesome
    Animation, live-action, and Will Ferrell
    They're awesome
    The ending, and music, and William Shakespeare
    That's awesome
    Everything you see, or hear, or miss
    Is awesome Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream
  72. Jun 24, 2014
    This movie is great with so much positive things but it has two big problems that make my score get a little bit low but here's why:
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    _The score was awful to hear i was expecting something more great but the song 'Everything is awesome' is terrible and lazely chosen. But otherwise is good like the characters , the
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    is terrible and lazely chosen.

But otherwise is good like the characters , the story,the voice acting, and more other.

Good movie i recommended
  73. May 27, 2015
    Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message,Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message, laughs for everyone, and a catchy awesome song. An awesome must see and one of the best animated movies not by Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks.

P.S. Epic Lloyd and Nice Peter made an even awesome parody of the main theme in Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for "The Lego Commercial", check out the video on YouTube!
  74. Jul 22, 2014
    The first lego movie i have ever watched and im very impressed, although of course it is aimed at children it certainly keeps adults attention throughout the whole film, its a decent story and a very funny movie. it also looks stunning on BR 8/10
  75. Jul 5, 2014
    Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
  76. Jul 15, 2014
    There are a few of movies that actually give me the chills by the end. This was one of them. The storyline was absolutely amazing, it was extremely comedic, and well made. Incredibly animated. This movie is awesome. :)
  77. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  78. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;) The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  79. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  80. Aug 5, 2014
    Funny Entertaining and amazingly animated The Lego Movie is great fun for all ages. Easily the best animated movie i have ever seen.

My ratting 8/10 9/10 for animation/action 8/10 for comedy 8/10 for story 7.6/10 for characters/character development 7.5/10 for acting/voice
  81. Jul 29, 2014
    This is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you go watch... whatever that was...
  82. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  83. Aug 16, 2014
    This was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to getThis was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to get attached to any of these lego pieces. Also, it felt like a commercial for lego at times. If the animation, vocal performances, and humor wasn't so good, this wouldn't be so forgivable. All in all, the good out weighs the bad in this really fun movie! Expand
  84. Aug 26, 2014
    Great feel-good movie with a typical Hollywood-theme. I would recommend it to everyone because of the excellent story, but it's certainly a must-see for all LEGO-lovers and fans (young and old).
  85. Sep 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as TheThe LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as The Lion King. A must-see for children and all fans of those little plastic bricks. Expand
  86. Nov 16, 2014
    Genuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message aboutGenuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message about the importance of creativity woven beautifully through the movie. 100% recommended. Expand
  87. Sep 18, 2014
    In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can doIn my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand
  88. Oct 12, 2014
    "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" Including this movie and the Spaceship Guy.....Spaceship!..................................................................................................
  89. Dec 30, 2014
    This was one of the biggest surprises of 2014 I went into this movie planning to hate it for being a load of commercialised rubbish and what i got was a cleaver ,well acted, imaginative film. the animation is great using the actual lego to great effect and the humour is written very well
  90. Nov 8, 2014
    this movie is one of the best movies of the year the best part was bad cop he was like i will give you water thank you will to bad the 2nd might be bad cop
  91. Oct 29, 2014
    Best animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movie is made of LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  92. Nov 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just likeThe LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just like the addictive theme song of the movie suggests everything is awesome. Expand
  93. Dec 15, 2014
    The Lego Movie está llena de gastados clichés y de una historia más que vista, aunque el encantador elenco de voces y la maravillosa y excelente animación llegan a hacerla un poco divertida, pero puedo decir que es una película para niños.
  94. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Good: Hilarious and witty, The Lego Movie speaks to all ages. If you're a fan of Legos, you'll be treated to a long list of inside jokes that only a true fan would get. Even if you aren't, the one liners and action/comedy scenes are top notch. The ending, however, really makes the movie. An extremely creative idea. The Bad: Might
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Bad: Might go a little too far at times with the randomness and silliness. While non-Lego fans will still enjoy it, they will miss a large chunk of the humor.
  95. Nov 27, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than aThe LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than a children's animation. Expand
  96. Apr 28, 2015
    I am so surprised this movie didn't get nominated for best animated feature film, because it should've. The colorful animation and great voice acting should've won this movie that award for sure. 9/10 (Awesome)
  97. Jan 3, 2015
    Visualmente fascinante, para quem gosta ou não da franquia LEGO, a Warner Animation acertou ao fazer uma animação que vai virar uma franquia! Eu recomendo!!
  98. Dec 29, 2014
    While the movie doesn't bring anything new to the table, The LEGO Movie is a really fun adventure for all ages, containing some absolutely hilarious moments, some magnificent animation, and surprisingly exciting action scenes. This was a really big surprise for me.
  99. Jan 9, 2015
    One of my most favorite kids movie, surprisingly more than my mom, and entertained me a lot because of the lego settings, and waas probally the best movie of 2014. Also the stop motion animation with legos was top notch, and was the quickest movie to get started 10/10.
  100. Jan 13, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid wouldThe Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid would love to go to see this at the cinema. I didn’t like, though, the scenes in the real world, but besides that, this is a children’s must-see. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.