8.3

1. Jul 25, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es una película que contiene una buena incorporación de elementos al azar que cuando se mezclan, el resultado es una buena película de animación.
  2. Mar 23, 2014
    I came into it thinking, "How can they possibly make a Lego Movie a good film on any serious level?" and was blown away. Yes, this is a film about little Lego people, but it resonates on as many levels with 20-somethings and 90s kids as it does with youngsters because of its clever plot-line, punchy humor, and numerous cultural references. A winner on all levels.
  3. Mar 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a fan of LEGO for over nine years, so I was excited to find out about this movie. I was expecting it to be a decent kids film, but it ended up being so much more. Its very creative and original as well as having beautiful animation (LEGO bricks everywhere!). Now, yes, this movie is an obvious advertisement for LEGO toys, but its a commercial done well. Also being a Batman fan, I was kind f worried about their take on the character being a jerk. Fortunately, he's really funny and is one of my favorite characters of the film. I shouldn't have been to worried since this isn't an official Batman thing after all, its just a parody of the character who reminds me of the same character in LEGO stop motion film maker Forrestfire101's videos. I'm actually surprised that a lot of the negative thoughts people have on the film is its live action ending. For me, I wouldn't have really liked the film without it. It solves the many plot holes I pointed out while watching it like, "If Business stole the Kragle 8 1/2 years ago, why not use it 8 1/2 years ago?" and "how did Batman know when to save Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, and Emmet while they were falling?" The point is, these were never plot holes! It was just a very young kid coming up with his own stupid story! It surprised when I got to this point in the film, and it made me feel nostalgic for the time I was a kid and came up with equally stupid stories. But despite all the good things I've been saying about the film, there are a few flaws I'd like to point out. If your watching the film for the first time, it can feel really fast paced around the beginning and some of the middle. However, it won't feel this way watching it the second time since you practically know whats gonna happen. My other flaw with the film, more of a nit pick actually, is that they get rid of the Good Cop character to quickly. I can't really consider it a spoiler since it happens right around the end of the first act, BEFORE we meet Batman, Uni-Kitty, Benny, and MetaBeard. I like the WAY they did it, but it they should have at least gotten rid of him in the middle of the film thus saving time for more jokes on the character. So, if you know someone who hasn't seen the film, go ahead and watch it with them. Expand
  4. Apr 26, 2014
    I just saw The LEGO Movie last night and I have to say that I absolutely loved it! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire and things like that which was so creative and I also love how the animation is shown to look like it's stop motion which was very creative and I actually prefer how the animations shows those limitations with how Lego Mini Figures move over how they smoothly move in like a cut-scene of a Traveler's Tales Lego game. I also love the characters in this movie and the cameos they make, it was so fun seeing different Lego properties come together in this movie. The plot does have some simplicity to it, but it's still a fun plot and is actually not to be taken that seriously, but in a good way. Overall, I loved The Lego Movie. I remember seeing trailers and stuff for this movie back in late 2013 and at most expecting this film to be just good like nothing special but nothing too bad, but I barely expected to fall in love with this film. This film's amazing, as of now I think this might be my favorite film of 2014 so far. Go see this movie, this film is excellent, it has some big laughs and it's a whole lot of fun and I think anyone can enjoy this film whether they are a kid or even an adult! Expand
  5. Mar 30, 2014
    The lego movie is a very entertaining and funny movie for all ages to enjoy. I went with one of my best friends and we were laughing the whole time. The animation of the movie was very well done and I love how they had real people in the movie as well as animation.
  6. Mar 31, 2014
    Funny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. From the colorful cast to the almost deadpan humor, this movie is amazing in every single way.
  7. Apr 30, 2014
    This Movie Is Soooooo Entertaining. All the People in the film were so Funny. Will Ferrell had a good voice as president Business. This movie had a funny script, Great Comedy Actors, And an good plot. Good Job, Phil Lord and Chris Miller!!
  8. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  9. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  10. Aug 6, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much. Just a family friendly movie to watch with my parents when we had nothing else to watch. Instead, I got one of the funniest movies i've seen in quite a while. References are in no short supply, and much to my surprise, are not just from kids shows. but more from age old shows and movies that not many kids will have seen. Star Wars, LoTR, all the super hero shows of the '70s. All done brilliantly, with amazing voice acting, Animation can be stiff at times, but really, your dealing with legos. C'mon. Anyway, I really didn't think that i'd enjoy it this much, and really, with most movies now a days being total **** this one is one of the better movies i've seen in a while. "Everything is awesome!" Expand
  11. Apr 20, 2014
    Awesome movie. It's funny and has a great story. I thoroughly loved it. This movie is definitely for everyone. All the characters work well together and it's just a fantastic film overall.
  12. Apr 27, 2014
    Everything about this movie is completely awesome!! Definitely an Academy Award winner for next years oscars!!!! Everything Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Apr 21, 2014
    Easily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicing promises one of the best movies ever made.
  14. Jun 1, 2014
    i have only one word to say about this film: AWESOME!!
    awesome story, awesome jokes, awesome actors, and awesome visuals and animation, this film is easily one of the year's best. trust me, once you're done watching this film, all you'll say is: "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!"
  15. Jun 9, 2014
    Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details you find on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream (Wooo) 3, 2, 1. Go Have you seen the film, everyone's talking The film is good 'cause everything's awesome Emmet is the 'chosen one', no, he's not voiced by Daniel Radcliffe No screen time for the boy wizard It feels more awesome than an awesome Pixar movie Dip my body in pizza toppings Three years later, wash off the tomato Smellin' like a margherita pizza, everything is awesome LEGO Milhouse appears, has no spoken lines But it's awesome to see him, and it's awesome to love it (it's awesome to love it) Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details as on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream LEGO-ized blue skies, Superman flies We just named two awesome things Batman arrives, plus plenty of other LEGO-ized things You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING! Dumbledore on helium, double decker couch, a song which repeats itself Glue stick weapons, a cracked helmet on a Spaceman minifigure Awesome parts of the LEGO Movie The writing ,voice-acting, Abraham Lincoln They're awesome Animation, live-action, and Will Ferrell They're awesome The ending, and music, and William Shakespeare That's awesome Everything you see, or hear, or miss Is awesome Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Expand
  16. Jun 26, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most pleasant surprises of the year. What's just fantastic is that during 100 minutes, it unfolds an entire fictional universe without feeling rushed or leaving anything out of it AND it has time for sweet character moments, cool twists and funny meta-jokes. Everything in it really is awesome.
  17. Jun 14, 2014
    I am actually surprised that many people were bored by this movie. I found it quite entertaining and cute, with the kind of theme and plot to be expected from a movie made by LEGO ®. The characters were adorable and oozed inner strength. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for an entertaining and funny family film.
  18. Jun 23, 2014
    It's just LEGO, everything related with Lego is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome!( i wrote it so as to fill the characters).
  19. Jun 23, 2014
    The bright colors and action will make kids happy. However this works just as well for adults with a smart storyline and clever jokes. It's pure genius
  20. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the best PG movies of 2014. And MORGAN FREEMAN IS IN IT. The animation is nice and they try to include a lot of humor too. Most young children will probably really enjoy it.
  21. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WOW! Amazing movie, 'The LEGO Movie' is one of the biggest surprises of this year.
    I need to confess that when this movie was announced, I think in a biggest disaster, but when the first reviews appeared I start to think positive about 'The LEGO Movie', and finally when I watch the movie, WOW, I left satisfied, because the result is spectacular.
    The story is very smart, has elements that make it attractive for children an adults, but the little problem is that at times is boring.
    The music is really awesome, the main theme, ''Everything is Awesome'', wow, so addictive hahaha. And the most impressive part of this movie is the animation, create all the film (or the 99% part of the movie) with legos, AMAZING.
    All the characters, the story, the music, the development of the trama and the characters, the animation, the script, and the cameos make this a great movie.
  22. Jul 5, 2014
    Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
  23. Jul 15, 2014
    There are a few of movies that actually give me the chills by the end. This was one of them. The storyline was absolutely amazing, it was extremely comedic, and well made. Incredibly animated. This movie is awesome. :)
  24. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This
    helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  25. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;)

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in
    execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  26. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  27. Jul 28, 2014
    Attention: This is not a kids movie!
    It does not matter if it is animation, "The LEGO Movie" succeeds in connecting with every member of the audience, regardless of age or origins. Through a really simple story, it manages to make some very strong points on many issues, from political propaganda to prosperity in life. Its allegories are more or less intelligent. "Awesome" action and fun
    won't disappoint children, but its unexpectedly deep meaning won't leave elders unsatisfied, too. There are flaws, especially some really uninspired comedy scenes, but it is a must-see, even if you feel too old for animation and LEGO. Expand
  28. Jul 29, 2014
    This is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you go watch... whatever that was...
  29. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and
    handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  30. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most recent animated feature I watch in a movie theatre and it is also one of the most creative film that I have ever watched. There is only one word to describe its plot, technique and art direction — phenomenal! Really, I am not kidding. Everything really is, awesome. They got me awestruck with all the pretty waters, fires, clouds and rainbows; a vibrant world constructed entirely with Legos and filled with interesting Lego Minifigures!

In addition to its lovely and immensely detailed world, The Lego Movie (2014) is quite entertaining to watch as there are plenty of hilarious gags, Lego humor and frank characters that always say what's on their mind without holding back. Strange but I am also enthralled with the way they portray totalitarian in Bricksburg, where instruction manuals are its people's bible which is both funny and sad at times. Nevertheless, watching it also induces nostalgia; the film reminds me of my early childhood where I used to have my own box of Legos. Maybe that's the reason why I was smiling and brimming with joy when I watch it. In short, the film spew nothing but awesomeness because it is that "one movie that has something for everyone".
  31. Sep 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as The Lion King. A must-see for children and all fans of those little plastic bricks. Expand
  32. Sep 18, 2014
    In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Feb 18, 2014
    An unexpected joy.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Feb 10, 2014
    This is truly a movie that children and their parents can both enjoy for different reasons.