8.2

1. Feb 20, 2014
    In terms of animated films that cater for young and old audiences this film is up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. It's imaginative, original and extremely funny. The story and characters are purposefully cliche which leads to a lot of parody of itself and other aspects of pop culture and visually it is a colourful creative joy. All of this is complimented by the fantastic cast of voice actors (Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell) that bring a suprising life to the characters themselves. If you want an idea of the humour then it's either a child friendly version of Family Guy or a mature version of Spongebob. Somewhere in between those two. Either way its inclusive and entertaining.
    The only way someone could not enjoy this film to some degree is if they were consciously trying to dislike it and even then it would be a challenge. Also the soundtrack will likely be stuck in your head for at least two weeks afterwards.
  2. May 31, 2014
    Everything is awesome! Great animated movie is more than a 'commercial' for the LEGO line of toys but a celebration of creativity and inner childhood. Animated using a combination of Stop motion and CGI, it takes a while to get used to..but otherwise it's great entertainment for the family.
  3. Jul 21, 2014
    Despite the fact that it's characters and storyline are carefully derived from Pixar classics (not necessarily a bad thing), Lego is an extremely entertaining film with an infectiously playful attitude suitable for all ages (especially adults).
  4. May 1, 2014
    The Lego Movie is more than meets the eye. On the surface its smart, witty and immensely entertaining but carries a deeper meaning that makes it unique. Outside of Pixar, this is one of the best animation films in years.
  5. Jul 20, 2014
    Very overrated. For what it was it was fine, but there were many flaws. The story and most of the characters were not interesting. The animation hurt my eyes. It was funny however, which helped this movie a lot.
  6. Feb 21, 2014
    Being a monstrous Lego fan/builder as a child, when I heard this movie was announced and I heard that the brilliant Chris Miller and Phil Lord were directing it, I was so pumped up. After seeing the movie get critical acclaim, I had ultra high expectations before watching it. I was not disappointed at all. This movie was great from the acting, to the gorgeous settings. The story was very touching at points and teaches both kids and adults many life lessons. However, timing was a bit of an issue, as the movie did not spend enough time on certain events and spent too much time on some. Other than that, I liked this movie a lot and this film really made me want to take my old legos and be a kid again. Expand
  7. Mar 4, 2014
    The film was enjoyable and if your into animation family films there is no reason not to see this. Being a child from the eighties it does feel a bit like one long LEGO commercial but it has enough cuteness, symbolism, pop referencing and famous actors to pass it through to a more movie status. The ending reached some level of meaning but i felt it was a bit fast and forced to seem genuine but hey this is a kids family film so all up its a pass. DEf not the movie of the year though ! Expand
  8. Aug 18, 2014
    This was way better than I expected. Early on in the film, I was scratching my head as to why it was so critically acclaimed. However, by the end, I was sold. It is funny, exciting, touching, inspirational, and way more than some children's movie or just some movie about toys. I loved the animation technique and the voice acting from everyone is great, in particular Will Arnett as Batman, who is hilarious. I like all the references to different elements from Lego and different elements of the characters they portray. It really added to the humor and made the ride all the more enjoyable. The whole Lego World they created here is marvelous and they truly brought it to life. It was like watching my imagination from childhood, but with things actually built correctly and alive. A truly magical experience, The Lego Movie works on nearly every level imaginable and is worthy of the praise it has received. Expand
  9. Feb 16, 2014
    If you are a kid, this movie contains a valuable lesson you must learn. If you are an adult who played with lego as a kid you will also enjoy yourself with this film. At the start it hints that it is going to be too children's cartoon for you to enjoy. But then it quickly develops in to something both adults and kids can take pleasure from.
    The concepts are kept simple enough for children
    to follow. But simple isn't bad. And there are more than enough in-jokes to keep adults laughing out loud for quite a while.

Will Farrell plays his part terrifically. Much like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Conan films, he finds just the right balance to make it work. Its serious enough to be believable but relaxed enough it doesn't feel out of place. And considering he has actual face time in a movie 95% CG plastic lego men, it would be so easy to break consistency there.

I have two criticisms of the film. Firstly I though there should be more "Middle Zealand."
    Also as I write this I have the "everything is awesome" song stuck in my head. When you hear it you'll understand.
  10. Jun 26, 2014
    As visually exciting as it is, it becomes bogged down in cliche and plods on until its terrible finale, which really ruins it. Some good gags and plenty of cameos are enough to make it worthwhile, though kids in the cinema were as bored as I after thirty minutes. It's good but does not deserve all the hoopla.
  11. Feb 9, 2014
    One of the funniest most thought provoking animated movies ever. It takes full advantage of everything Lego and introduces some lovable new characters like Unikitty while also putting a cool spin on classics like Batman. The only thing I didn't like was how much of what happens in the end seems to drag on for awhile and I didn't care for the "twist" they threw in but that's hardly enough to hate the movie for. Expand
  12. Aug 16, 2014
    Awesome movie, everyone should see this if you're young or young at heart.
    Liam Nesson did an awesome job, as did Will Ferrell. Morgan Freeman, Will Arnett and Chris Pratt all playing great roles. This movie has everything - action, peril, heartfelt conversations between father and son, and of course Legos! Although I was a lone adult when I watched it, I was laughing as loud as the kids
    at times. Sometimes the jokes will go over them, but adults will catch them if you pay attention.
    The animation team did a great job on this, you sometimes forget it's all done with Legos. Crazy good.
    In summary, worth a rent and buy it if you like it. I bought it to share laughs time and time again. Another quotable movie for kids and adults.
  13. Apr 2, 2014
    Witty and visually imaginative, with a great (Devo-ish) soundtrack. Very tongue in cheek, with a sweet and soulful heart. Batman is the standout character, but all the jokes at the expense of popular culture (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, JLA, Star Wars, My Little Pony, pirate movies etc) are pretty good. Kids will probably enjoy it (it is a bit long) because of the colour and continuous kinetic action, but adults should get something out of it as well. Kudos to Australian company Animal Logic for the animation. Sometimes the script was a little hard to follow (not that important, really) and some of the car chase scenes were too long, but that is a common failing with nearly all hit movies these days. Recommended, as it sets a new bar in animation. Sequels can be expected. Expand
  14. Jun 17, 2014
    3D animation is a new thing in the cinema world. Just the two decades old technology, which started with 'Toy Story'. So as it is young, filmmakers utilizing it very awesomely to create great stuffs. So far we had seen the many wonders of classical tales such as 'Tangled', 'Frozen' et cetera, as well based on the modern subjects like, 'Cars', 'Turbo' et cetera. Here it comes one more movie that specially made referring gaming object like the recent one 'Wreck-It-Ralp'.

I loved 'Wreck-It-Ralp', but the fact is that I was not in favour of this movie. Expected it gonna bomb at the box office, then surprised me with the result and made very curious. I knew characters in the form of Lego bricks are easy to animate, we can say just like the stop-motion animation, but it won't give smooth pleasurable flow. That truly bothered me over this movie. Once I began to watch within a few minutes I got adjusted with it so comfortable and enjoyed completely.

The story of an ordinary construction worker, Emmet and his unexpected journey towards saving the world. He was accompanied by the great fighters and warriors and superheroes. He has to find the secret plan of villainous leader who controls the land of Lego and must defeat him. To know that you must watch the movie.

It is a nice movie, though the story is not fresh. Kind of spoof which imitates recent past movies like 'The Lord of the Rings', Chris Nolan's Batman movie and many others. Especially all the famous characters from various movies had the cameos. It was so fun having them together in one place. So it is not the story, but the way of story telling was so innovative and modern and that showed this movie to the gate of success.

I remember I had the best time building something with these Lego bricks in my childhood. All those memories came alive after watching this just like I remembered during 'Wreck-It-Ralp'. It is such a cute movie with fun characters. A smart movie for all age group. I am very much sure it will be one the strongest contender for the next edition of the Oscar ceremony. At present I am not seeing any other equally good ones so who know it may win, but have to wait for another 6 months to know that.
  15. Mar 7, 2014
    This movie was very entertaining. I was looking forward to this movie, but I did not expect it to be this good. I was laughing throughout the entire film and did not find a single moment dull.
  16. Feb 21, 2014
    Okay, Where to start. The Lego Movie did not live up to my expectations. I expected a perfect 10 from this movie. I don't think I'll ever live up to expectations ever again. This film took my expectations, and crushed it into a billion pieces. There were no big laughs. I only chuckled a few times. I expected HUGE laughs. But no. The film'ms animation was great. Except for the fact that the characters look like they're lagging a bit. The main problem for me with this film is I didn't feel very comfortable with it. What I mean is that the film didn't feel like a great film. Sure the animation was good, the humor was smart and the ending was semi-genius, but something about this film doesn't put it in my best movies of all time list. Plus the song in the beginning of the film was annoying for me. Okay, Lets talk about the ending. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything. Like I said earlier, The ending was semi-genius. By that I mean it's smart, but anyone could come up with that ending. And the moral of the film might be difficult for younger kids to understand. The two best characters were Emmet and Benny. Wyldstyle was cool and I liked Green Lantern too, but the rest of the characters were "Just Okay." The film didn't impress me but I would recommend you to see it. Expand
  17. Feb 26, 2014
    Thus far this is tied with Her as my favourites for 2014. There is a lot to like about this movie especially having seen it in 3D which enhances just how entertaining this is. A obvious comment - this is Lego brought to life!

I loved how well thought through this movie was. Whilst it references popular culture both through characters of other stories but also Internet memes such as
    Batman's capacity to achieve anything. It has aptly timed humour that was refreshingly unexpected. But most of all I really enjoyed how to the story unfolded with the presence of real world items; the end result being an acknowledgement of the creativity found in a child's mind and how adults can inhibit this. Brilliant.

On that note I really appreciated the deeper meaning in this film and how well rounded the message is: creativity shouldn't be limited to those who think freely and originally. Anyone is capable of creativity whether it be complete new, a slight different, or a revised of something already present. But beyond that independant creativity thought should be applauded communal creative thought should be too. As well as creative thought derived from instructions.

Toy Story 3 was the last animation film I saw which was explored childhood and what it meanings, including growing up. It was a masterpiece which hasn't been topped. Lego Movie is not as good and is different but what it does share is an equally relevant showcase of experiences children have.

I trust you, like me, walked away from this movie wanting to play with Lego, play Mindcraft or do something creative. Wonderful!
  18. Feb 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, I went to it as excited as can be. I find myself very lucky that my experience wasn't ruined by whiny smelly chatty gullible children, as there weren't any in the theatre.
    Anyway, onto the movie. I'm gonna say this, this movie is probably one of the best of 2014. It was really awesome, loved all the characters, the dialogue and the interactions between them was lovely. The events were awesome and the pacing of the whole movie was astonishing. And the animating was pretty mind blowing for a Lego Movie.
    But, here's the thing. This movie is, in hindsight, a 'Journey is better than the destination' case. But when watching it in the theatre, the ending kinda makes the events of the whole movie pointless. As none of it is real, and it's just Will Ferrell VS Will Ferrell's son. But it's still a good movie... And in some scenes, the combination of CGI and Stop-Motion kinda throws you off. Especially when the Stop-Motion-only bits are barely distinguishable from the CGI ones.
    Back to the good stuff. The whole idea of this movie is awesome, and the implications, along with the truth behind those implications seem too mature for kids, makes me kinda wonder what the writers were also constrained to, due to the movie's PG rating.
    Liam Neeson's performance (I'm not calling him Bad Cop, nope) was outstanding, and I'v never had as many feels for a factional character as this guy (Well, maybe Lee Everett).
    Morgan Freeman (Not calling him Vitruvius, either) did his role pretty awesomely, too. But Morgan Freeman, as an actor gets a free pass, no matter what. He's still really really great in this movie.
    Batman was also a nice character, a much needed change from the serious gritty dark Batman we're used to. And the Star Wars scene ...I literally started applauding right there.
    This movie, didn't need to be 3D. It barely used it beside the part where Liam Neeson shoots the screen. I can't wait to see 3D just go.
    Anyway, I'm going off topic here. This movie, as it's theme of 'unspecial' goes, is awesome!
    I'd give it a 9.2 just because of the ending, but for lack of a fractional voting system on this site, I give it a deserving 10/10. There needs to be way more movies like this, movies that know what they are and make the best of it, not movies like Kick-Ass 2 or Man Of Steel that are simply trying too hard.
  19. Feb 11, 2014
    For a film that essentially exists to further promote a successful product, The Lego Movie is a pleasantly surprising, wonderfully uplifting, and far more touching film than I could have ever anticipated.

The story follows several characters voiced by the likes of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks and Morgan Freeman, as they journey through a vast world of Lego in order to stop Lord Business
    from ending the Lego Universe. And the world in which the story took place, was one that evoked so many fond memories.
    In fact, I'd be extremely surprised if anyone left the theatre without feeling like a 10 year old again.
    That's part of the beauty of the film. It puts you in a world where nothing, no matter how ridiculous or inconceivable is off limits.

While thinking about writing this, I was originally about to throw a 9 at this film, which is obviously still very good. But after some reflection, I can't think of why I would dock a point from the movie. There wasn't a single point in the film in which, I was upset or disappointed with any aspect. The film has a good flow to it, the characters are loveable, the humour is sensational and had me at times trying not to keel over in my seat. And as far as family oriented movies go, it's got what is by far one of the most heartwarming messages that I truly related to. It's just that good.

It was simply a joy to experience from start to finish, and if you think you're too old for Lego now - shut-up, get the car keys, and go to your local theatre and see it.

A 10 out of 10.

Jack Valentine
  20. Feb 9, 2014
    Well you already know the this gonna be one of the best animation of 2014! Top notch voice acting, great storytelling with satisfying ending! But it's not "Toy Story" level. The bad - 3D effect is garbage, 3D has to go, it takes away from the movie experience
  21. Feb 9, 2014
    An instant classic. Smart, Witty and one GIANT nostalgia bomb with great cameos and pop culture references. a must own for kids and parents who grew up building Legos.
  22. Feb 9, 2014
    EVERYTHING IS AWESOME-yeah everything about in this film is really MIND BLOWING awesome moments ! ITS FULL OF FUN N LAUGH- NO MINUTE FOR LAGGING, EACH N EVERY SCENE OF THE FILM ENTERTAIN US! SUPERB VOICE CASTING LEAD BY ,Chris Pratt,Will Ferrell,Elizabeth Banks,Will Arnett, Liam Neeson N Morgan Freeman.! EXCELLENT BGM WORKS -I LOVE IT
    DON'T MISS THIS FUN CRAZY,ROMANTIC,ACTION,ANIMATION
    FILM !!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  23. Feb 12, 2014
    So first of all I was a little skeptical after hearing that a Lego movie was in the works. Then I learned that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were writing and directing. That's when this movie got my attention. Now let me just make it very clear that I am a huge Lego fan and have been playing with it since I can remember.

I can with all the confidence in the world say, that this movie
    does NOT disappoint! Firstly the animation that's meant to look like stop motion looks phenomenal.It's hilarious and witty with great characters and for a story that's fairly formulaic, also has depth and emotion. Have to be honest, I kinda saw the twist coming but it's great nonetheless. The ending tugged my heartstrings much like Toy Story 3 did. All in all I walked out of the cinema, firstly singing "Everything is Awesome!" and secondly I checked it of my list as the best animation that I have seen. Expand
  24. Oct 25, 2014
    It's fresh and it works. I enjoy watching something a bit new and a bit different. That is how I felt here as I indulged within something diverse and enjoyable. The only slipping point is that I started to want more and more from it, but perhaps I was being a little greedy.
  25. Feb 17, 2014
    Amazing Animation, A Steady Plot, Wonderful Characters, Pleasant Humor, Is What Makes The Lego Movie My Favourite Film Tied With The Avengers Well Done Warner Brothers And Phil Lord And Chris Miller.
  26. Apr 1, 2014
    If you've played with LEGO, you'll get more of the jokes. If you haven't, there's still plenty to love about a film that hits most of its beats and has a passable enough story to keep you going. The high quality of animation shows you why these films take so long to make. Witty and warm, with enough digs at cynical marketing techniques, "The LEGO Movie" is a fun night out, and will sell in bucket loads on Blu ray and DVD. Batman is a joy all by himself, and a brief, but wonderful cameo by the crew of the Millenium Falcon is almost worth the admission fee in itself. Fun for children and adults alike. Not perfect, but a pretty good try. Now, where did I put my LEGO? Expand
  27. Nov 21, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a disappointment. It is a comedy-family film, but it don't have that extensive amount of humor that I expected to see.

Well, I got to admit that I was a bit disappointed when the movie ended. It’s not as fun or exiting as I thought it would be. Sure there are some hilarious scenes and the jokes are great, but it’s not enough. The LEGO Movie is in fact highly overrated.
    I imagined it very funny and exiting while seeing the trailer, but it’s not as great as it might appear. On the other hand are there a lot excitement and action that I totally enjoyed to see, and seeing Lego in action on the big screen is something every child must love, including me! The CGI in The LEGO Movie is one aspect that I truly love, and the film overall is very cool, but there are some slow and less interesting scenes. The “real” scenes in “our world” for example are very stupid and they should have skipped that. The ending could also been better, maybe more passionate and exiting.

The LEGO Movie is overall not as funny as I thought it would be, but the story and the characters are great!

The LEGO Movie gets a 6.5/10
  28. Feb 17, 2014
    Everything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is a bright and shining example of true, unique creativity…plus, it’s all about the greatest toys ever created. So, it has that going for it as well. Expand
  29. Jun 18, 2014
    "MasterBuilders spend years training themselves to clear their minds enough to have even a fleeting glimpse of The Man Upstairs and yet, your mind is already so prodigiously empty that there is nothing in it to clear away in the first place. With proper training you could become a great MasterBuilder."

It's strange when a movie that comes out in the beginning of the year does so well at
    both the box office and with critical reception but The Lego Movie absolutely blows both of those out of the water. Now seeing that both Chris Miller and Phil Lord wrote/directed this movie i think they might be my new favorite comedy directors as i have loved their last three movies those being This, and both 21 and 22 Jump Street. The 3D Animation is amazing yet still retro with how it looks like its stop motion, this is most noticeable when you see the waves in the blocky ocean. The Lego movie is a fast paced, action packed, thrill ride, loaded with an abundance of humor, and an amazing set of actors lending their voices to many, many Lego characters.

Our story follow a normal construction worker named Emmet Brickowski (Chris Pratt) from the town of Bricksburg owned by Lord Business (Will Ferrell). Emmet is just your everyday normal do it by the instructions guy and while after work hours one night he notices someone looking around for something on the work site as he is about to call the police they take their hood off and Emmet notices that its a really hot woman. Emmet is struck with awe and cannot even complete his sentence just then she happens to run away and Emmet starts to run after her but falls into a hole and finds the "Piece of Resistance". After touching it Emmet receives a crazy vision and passes out, he awakens with the piece of resistance stuck on his back and in the custody of Lord Business lieutenant Bad Cop (Liam Neeson) this is where he learns the plans of Lord Business to cover the entire world in Kragle which happens to turn out to be a tube of Krazy Glue with some of the letters scratched out.

Just as they are about to take the Piece of Resistance a mystery person shows up and saves Emmet which we soon find out happens to be the same woman person Emmet saw at this work, she says her name is Wyldstyle (Elizabeth Banks) and she goes on to tell Emmet that he is the most special, and most important person in all the world. Of course Emmet is still struck with how beautiful she is just agrees to everything she says in which we later find out everything she thought about him turns out to be wrong. Now we have our movie where we see Emmet go from a normal guy to being the savior of The Lego Universe with the help of his friends of course. We see The Lego Universe comes to life when are introduced to other Lego lands like The Old West, Pirate's Cove, Vikings Landing and my absolute favorite Middle Zealand. A big reason to why this movie was so awesome is all the cameo's the movie has like Shaquille O'Neal as his Lego self, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as Superman and Green Lantern, also the tons of characters that didn't get a voice but just a cameo, and it was finally great to see Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman even if it was just her voice acting because she was the actress back in 2005 on Joss Whedon's short list for his now scrapped Wonder Woman project.

My only problem with the movie was the ending and that it brings in real life and real life drama into the movie which honestly wasn't needed to make its point. Even though the ending was my least favorite part it had my most favorite scene, where Emmet is talking to Lord Business about him not having to be a bad person anymore. Now i see people saying Will Arnett as Batman was the best character from the movie and sure he was great but personally i laughed harder with Benny (Charlie Day) especially at the spaceship part. SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!!

Overall i give it a 8.5 I seriously can't wait for the Ninjago spin-off movie in 2016 and The Lego Movie sequel in 2017
  30. Feb 14, 2014
    What a great first movie of the year! The Lego Movie offers a variety of entertainment of people of all ages. It is on par with Toy Story's story, characters, animation, and everything that had made those movies so great. It is a kid friendly movie, with some innuendos that only adults or teens would get. Everything was so pleasant from this movie and I left wishing I was watching a movie like this when I was a child. 10/10 MUST SEE Expand
  31. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What we’ve got here is a fantastic film, which could genuinely be enjoyed by anyone. That might be an obvious thing to say, but The Lego Movie might be the closest we’ve come to the elusive story which explores realistic, down to earth problems while being completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And there are plenty of robots.

Ironically, for a film based on a lucrative product owned by a giant corporation, The Lego Movie appears to bite the hand that feeds it and actually deconstructs (here come the puns) the corporate world. Who cares if the film will probably make a killing in tie-in Lego sets and video games? At least they decided to tell a compelling and engaging story instead of just palming us off with a heartless cash-in or an overblown explosion-fest.

Similarly, it feels like it’s far too easy these days for film makers to knock out a bunch of cheap CGI movies every year, at the expense of the increasingly neglected but labour intensive art of stop-motion. It’s understandable why this route has been taken, and there are a few gems in the cascade, but outside of Pixar, CGI films are not something I routinely seek out.

Apparently 90% of The Lego Movie was CGI, and a little bit of stop motion, but apart from the facial expressions and fluid movements which would seriously push the limitations of a plastic Lego man, you could easily have convinced me that it was the other way around. Everything looks like it’s made from Lego, even the oceans and the explosions.

It’s both sobering to have reached a point where the two become almost indistinguishable and satisfying to see CGI being used to make a great film which works as both a satire of modern consumerism and an exploration of that age-old Lego dilemma: should one build according to the instructions, or just smash everything into a big pile and build whatever.

Our main man is Emmett (Chris Pratt), your generic Lego man, right down to his classic Lego smiley face. He’s a construction worker living in a huge Lego city, who has very few ideas of his own. He follows his instructions, smiles and waves to everyone he meets, pays through the nose for coffee on the way to work and does whatever the vaguely Orwellian government says is the right thing to do.

In a typical narrative fashion, events kick off after a chance encounter with funky punk girl Wildstyle (Elizabeth Banks) who is a member of the resistance. Emmett is dragged along for the ride and passes through the masquerade, leaving the regulated order of the big city and discovering the crazy and colourful potential of Lego in the world of the master builders, exiled lords of creative construction who believe Emmett to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force and end the days of instruction-based oppression. The trouble is he’s never had an original thought in his life.

The film is rounded out with a great cast of characters and some cracking cameos, both showcasing some solid vocal talent. The enemy and instigator of the repressive order is a suitably zany Will Ferrell hamming it up as the Lego universe’s ‘President Business’ who is assisted by the conflicted split-personality of his chief enforcer Good Cop/Bad Cop. voiced by Liam Neeson at his Irish tough guy best.

With a wry nod to his frequent typecasting, Morgan Freeman plays a wise old sage and among the cameos are Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s other movie of the moment, 22 Jump Street).

The film really embodies the spirit of Lego, and as such is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who’s ever encountered the stuff. Once they leave the city, the characters traverse the length and breadth of the Lego-verse, making their way through the many themes Lego has released over the years, providing settings as diverse as western, medieval and pirate.

There are some tender and serious moments, but most of it is a merciless but affectionate parody of whatever transpires, be it city life, epic destiny, overblown villainy or blockbuster action. Everything’s funny and a little wacky, riding easily and successfully on the inherent humour that comes with having everything made out of Lego.

There are even nods to unpopular, ill-conceived, or just plain random Lego themes, and references small and large to various other franchise tie-ins (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superheroes, etc.) showcasing the kind of mad-cap crossovers you can cook up when you have the licence. By this token, Batman himself (Will Arnett) along with a character from the classic 1980s Space theme (Charlie Day) are major players in the plot.

The ending, which I won’t spoil, does get a little schmaltzy, but it’s forgivable. Otherwise, nothing disappoints, and everything one might want or expect from a Lego movie is delivered in spades. Oh yes, and I managed to get through an entire review of this film without using the word ‘awesome’. Dang. Good soundtrack, though.
  32. Feb 16, 2014
    I have always loved LEGO, and I was looking forwards to seeing it no matter how bad it was. I even had a huge grin on my face all throughout the movie. It was funny, awesome, and had everything made with LEGO, even the animated explosions. It showed you can build anything with LEGO. Plus the ending warmed my heart like anything else. Easily the best movie of 2014, so far.
  33. Feb 22, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es proyecto muy original e imaginativo. Me sorprendió cuando fui al cine para verla, pagar la entrada valió la pena, fue espectacular, uno de esos proyectos que son capaces de ser premiados para la mejor película animada (del año que viene). Lo mejor de The LEGO Movie de lejos son sus personajes creados con figuras de LEGO reales en Stop Motion pero de alguna manera logran cobrar vida a lo largo de la película, tiene un humor sano, inocente y divertido, y como alago final: NO CAE EN LO RIDÍCULO, ya que muchas películas animadas de hoy en día son patéticas. Pero vale la pena hacer una observación de ésta ya que es un proyecto divertido que disfrutaran personas de todas las edades. Expand
  34. May 30, 2014
    I have been waiting ever science i played with lego when i was 4 years old and now that it is here and....IT IS AWESOME (if you seen the movie you know what I mean) It has a good story a good cast and its cool
  35. Jul 14, 2014
    Loud, colourful, brilliantly voice acted, and outrageously entertaining, The Lego Movie is a fantastic animation feature sure to please older generations as well.
  36. Aug 21, 2014
    Very funny and interesting. I'm not a Lego freak but it was very exciting to watch a movie that takes place in the Lego Universe.
    On the disappointment part, the beginning made me expect a utopian story but the plot carried out more of a childish way and I didn't enjoy the ending as a result. Also I think use of some characters just because Lego has copyright agreement were unnecessary.
  37. Apr 6, 2014
    It wasn't hilarious by any means, but what it definitely was was fresh, original, and downright entertaining! Even those who didn't grow up with or spend a lot of time with Legos will almost certainly still enjoy this imaginative and fun spectacle of a film. Even the voice cast is a riot. Chris Pratt was really funny, as was Will Ferrell and Liam Neeson. And of course, you can't have an animated film without a great voice like Morgan Freeman's. Although it's a little absurd at times, the film overall manages to make up for that by providing great eye-popping animation along with some good humor not just for kids, but even adults this time around! Expand
  38. Apr 25, 2014
    With witty dialogue and unique stop motion visual effects, The LEGO Movie is a surprisingly smart and thought-provoking movie for not only children but adults too. Everything is awesome in this movie.
  39. Apr 19, 2014
    Pretty much the song "everything is awesome" sums up whats the movie is 'Awesome'

Very good story, With excellent characters along with voice acting, it is top notch with Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman and Channing Tatem just to name a few.

The movie has some funny jokes and excellent references that fit in to make it awesome, The comedy is not dumbed down for
    children to get but it is smart so all ages will get the joke the best joke was the Star Wars scene.

The last 15 minutes with Will Ferrell and the kid (don't know the actors name) was an amazing scene, yes and that part about duplo :P.
  40. Apr 3, 2014
    This move might seem like a heartless cash grab and a two hour long commercial, but The Lego Movie isn't one. It has a star studded cast, good animation, a plot and message that's developed pretty well and is thoughtful, and it has great comedy. Pop culture references are spread throughtout and they are a nice touch. Emmet, Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, Batman, Benny, Lord Buisness, Princess Unikitty, and Good Cop/Bad Cop are all great characters. The large celebrity cast (Chris Pratt, Will Ferrel, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Cobie Smulders, and Will Arnett) are all great Lego Minifigures as well. The DC superheroes are funny (but no Marvel ones though?). The movie has lots of potential, and with its box office ($335 million so far compared to a 60 million budget) it will surely become a blockbuster franchise.

SPOLIER ALERT:
    My only complaint was that the live action part of the movie was a bit weak, and was not as satisfying as the rest of the film.

I just am waiting for the sequel (aimed for a May 2017 release date). I hope the entire cast returns (and that it brings a new story and new characters)! I recommend that you watch it, especially if you have children. It's a lot better than some other comedies and a nice treat.

If you like this review, please mark it as helpful. Remember, every vote counts! Also check my reviews for other movies and TV shows by clicking in my name. I'd really appreciate it.
  41. Feb 16, 2014
    This film was a pleasant surprise. I went in expecting a fun movie with nostalgia of toys of the past. Yet, there was a deeper message I saw at work.

The underlying theme took a strong swipe at the police state and mindless consumer culture. The primary Lego world setting was a very controlling surveillance grid where inane TV shows are used to distract the public. Sound familiar?
    The contrasting world was an anarchic view of the world, albeit with rainbows and clovers.

Along with enjoying the theme of the hero saves the day, it was refreshing to see the concept of political extremes portrayed to a younger generation. Clearly the "best life" for humanity exists somewhere in the middle. Some rules are necessary for an orderly society, but we have gone down the wrong road with our Draconian state (started long before the current administration). But I digress.

There are additional themes of micro vs macrocosms, good and evil, etc. if I have any complaint, it was a but of an epic. But overall an enjoyable film.
  42. May 6, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is great fun to watch with good dialogue and funny scenes, it is perfect for all ages. The story was really good, the ending was decent. Overall it is a fun movie to watch with family or friends
  43. Jul 26, 2014
    I loved, loved, loved this! It made me feel giddy with pleasure from beginning to end. Mindfryingly cool animation, phenomenal pacing and hilarious jokes boost it to somewhere near the top of my respective lists of favorite family films and best animated comedies of all time. I'm sure it will only be even more awesome upon (probably numerous) rewatches. Because: "Everything is ..." NO, I've GOT to stop that. Expand
  44. Jul 16, 2014
    While obviously intended for a younger audience, The Lego Movie offers something for everyone. As a 17-year old I was laughing out loud many times during this movie. This is what all family movies should be more like.
  45. Apr 20, 2014
    Another prime example of how "kid's movie" need not mean "bland". Incredibly imaginative, superbly funny, and epic in scale, this movie will make you want to be eight years old again just so you can have an excuse to watch this movie over and over again
  46. Feb 10, 2014
    Without a doubt one of the best movies of the year, a must see, not just for Lego fans. It will surprise you how great, or how "awesome" everything about this movie is, and how fun the movie is, I laughed a lot, and its just a great story, with a so many awesome great characters which you will remember for a long time!
    Watch it, the Lego movie wont disappoint !! A must see !
  47. Apr 10, 2014
    A good movie that is fun for kids and parents. However, it is not "awesome" as the movie's theme song tries to convince you. It is good, but it is not the "tenouttaten" everyone claims it is.
  48. Feb 9, 2014
    This was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behind it really deserves a big pat on the back. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, and I will most definitely will be going to see this again while in theaters. Expand
  49. Mar 3, 2014
    I loved this movie, it is incredible. The animation is wonderful, the characters are incredible likable, the message at the end is valuable, the plot twist is very well done and it's hilarious. There's nothing else to say but "Everything is awesome!" and as my friend Memburg said, "Spaceship!"
  50. Feb 10, 2014
    The Monty Python & The Holy Grail Of Computer Animated Comedies.
    The Minds Behind Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs & 21 Jump Street Bring Us Perhaps Their Best Yet.
  51. Feb 10, 2014
    The most anti-establishment kids movie I've ever seen. This movie plays like the matrix for kids. On surface level it seems silly, irrelevant and nostalgic; but under the surface lies a power message to disrupt the status quo. There is so much humour in this film I had tears in my eyes, who knows how much I missed. Definitely the best 'animated' film since ToyStory 3.
  52. Feb 11, 2014
    This movie is absolutely wonderful, you could put it right next to a Disney movie, easily. I can see why some people didn't like it, with the old school animation, cheesy jokes and the fact that its centered around the product, but as for the people who hate it, they are just stereotyping the movie as a kids movie or an advertisement. To truly enjoy this movie you must have an open mind and treat it just like any other movie Expand
  53. Feb 16, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!
  54. Feb 16, 2014
    A great movie right up until the live action part sucked the life right out. It was neither believable or necessary and had the same effect as the PSA for anti-piracy and smoking before the film.
  55. Feb 16, 2014
    This movie has potential to be the movie of the year. It manages to appeal to both children and adults, with rapid fire humor, one liners, well done action sequences, and several carefully intertwined themes, this movie is one of the best I've ever seen. I expected little more than a 2 hour Lego commercial, but got 2 hours of action, humor, and meta awareness.
  56. Feb 17, 2014
    This film is absolutely fantastic. It's quite similar to The Simpsons in the way that if you watch it as a child, you'll love it, but if you watch it as an adult, you'll love it even more as there is some bits of humor that only adults will understand.
    This film is a must see.
  57. Feb 18, 2014
    The lego movie is a fantastic departure from usual chosen one children's fare that provides a witty that young and old should watch the excellent voice talent from Chris Pratt, Jonah Hill, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, and Will Ferrel.l
  58. Feb 20, 2014
    Absolutely hilarious, Great film, Entertaining, Wether you are 7 or 50, its just great. The animation and story is carefuly and cleverly done, And the ending was lovely :,) WATCH THIS FILM RIGHT NOW
  59. Feb 22, 2014
    Filme muito bom,eu realmente achava que seria um filme somente focado para o público infantil,mas não! ele meio que abrange todos os públicos e tem um final que eu não esperava de maneire nenhuma,estão de parabéns !
  60. Feb 25, 2014
    A pleasant mix of lighthearted humor and emotional twists, The Lego movie didn't disappoint. Although I found the opening scene to be bad, the rest of the movie more than redeemed it.
  61. Feb 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed this film. The visuals are really good, the cast is strong and it has as many characters from as many different sets as it could possibly manage!

Even the subtle things like fire and water effects are the actual fire and water bricks you would get in a set not some standard explosion which would have been disjointed. Other things like 1980's spaceship guy having a worn
    logo and cracked helmet, things that are well known to have happened to that piece over time.

They did the best thing they could of done with the story and thats not make it perfect but make it as random as possible. There are flaws in the story yes but when you get to the end you realise why it is so random and it ties everything up in a nice neat bow.

Favourite characters are definitely 1980's spaceship guy and good cop bad cop.
  62. Mar 3, 2014
    How can you not give this film universal acclaim when it is able to get laughs, emotional connections, in a well-written story for all ages? The casting is massive and yet everyone works together at an even level. This is a highly enjoyable film from beginning to end, and recommended for anyone in 2014
  63. Feb 26, 2014
    The Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly used them as soldiers playing war. This movie like the Shrek dynasty, is fine for any age. I never believe it when the ads say that but this is true. Expand
  64. Feb 28, 2014
    I really liked the movie because it gives moments of fun, but I did not expect realistic scenes. Either way was fine, it leaves a great message and creators strove for was not boring.
  65. Mar 11, 2014
    All i am going to say is that this movie is a must see for ALL AGES! Final Verdict:9/10 YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  66. Mar 5, 2014
    An amazing movie, it has charismatics characters, the story is well-told and very funny as well, the movie is worth to watch because besides being very exciting it is very funny too. I recommend for all people not only the children.
  67. Apr 5, 2014
    just a fun cool movie for the whole family!. The Lego movie is the best animated film since Toy story and will be among the best animated films of all time!. this is a highly recommended film to anyone, for any age and will keep you feeling awesome and cool. Just remember that everything is awesome and everything is cool when your part of a team!.
  68. Mar 15, 2014
    I went into this movie with an open mind and was not disappointed let me get this out of the way this movies visuals are amazing it looks like real Lego's and besides that this movie was just overall a very fun experience it was funny and had a very awesome part ast the end I'm not gonna post any spoilers the only thing that I was kind of upset about is that I would have liked to see more creative things made in the lego movie besides the one thing at the end but besides that I'm gonna put this movie with my top ten favorite animated movies maybe even top five. Expand
  69. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The Lego Movie was absolutely bizarre! Although it was very bizarre, there were a few valuable lessons in this movie for the children to learn (as well as adults).
  70. Mar 21, 2014
    Everything is awesome.. That's not a movie, it's charming intellectualizing entertainment crowded with super heroes who are still imaginary heroes, while the real super hero is the word "BELIEVE"!

As an engineer I know perfectly who is "Marcus Vitruvius Pollio" (Morgan Freeman) as a "Master Builder", but the message this movie wants us to get is that everyone of us is his own master
    builder by his own creativity even though it seems clumsy! Emmet (Chris Pratt) - and the word "Emmet" means "Truth" in Hebrew and that goes along the events very much- is a normal person who doesn't believe in excellence. The prophecy was a lie or not, what matters! that looks like all religions if we think deeply in, because the basics of any religion are to make everything better and organized. Maybe the man Upstairs is a symbol of God with his ultimate power to fix or destroy everything by His own will. Where will it finish? Not with a military coup.. It will run to emotional convictions which make the ending charming for kids.

It is Lively, a bit crowded and messy for children, and surreal for me (at least), with resonant colorful pictures. The script maybe normal, but tasty combining comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, action... and the usual clichés of comics. Nice voice performances (Liam Neeson, Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell and Elizabeth Banks).

It doesn't flatter super heroes.. Hey! Make a super hero out of yourself by believing in yourself. "The Lego Movie" really smartly opens 2014 cinematically for me!
  71. Mar 23, 2014
    I came into it thinking, "How can they possibly make a Lego Movie a good film on any serious level?" and was blown away. Yes, this is a film about little Lego people, but it resonates on as many levels with 20-somethings and 90s kids as it does with youngsters because of its clever plot-line, punchy humor, and numerous cultural references. A winner on all levels.
  72. Mar 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a fan of LEGO for over nine years, so I was excited to find out about this movie. I was expecting it to be a decent kids film, but it ended up being so much more. Its very creative and original as well as having beautiful animation (LEGO bricks everywhere!). Now, yes, this movie is an obvious advertisement for LEGO toys, but its a commercial done well. Also being a Batman fan, I was kind f worried about their take on the character being a jerk. Fortunately, he's really funny and is one of my favorite characters of the film. I shouldn't have been to worried since this isn't an official Batman thing after all, its just a parody of the character who reminds me of the same character in LEGO stop motion film maker Forrestfire101's videos. I'm actually surprised that a lot of the negative thoughts people have on the film is its live action ending. For me, I wouldn't have really liked the film without it. It solves the many plot holes I pointed out while watching it like, "If Business stole the Kragle 8 1/2 years ago, why not use it 8 1/2 years ago?" and "how did Batman know when to save Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, and Emmet while they were falling?" The point is, these were never plot holes! It was just a very young kid coming up with his own stupid story! It surprised when I got to this point in the film, and it made me feel nostalgic for the time I was a kid and came up with equally stupid stories. But despite all the good things I've been saying about the film, there are a few flaws I'd like to point out. If your watching the film for the first time, it can feel really fast paced around the beginning and some of the middle. However, it won't feel this way watching it the second time since you practically know whats gonna happen. My other flaw with the film, more of a nit pick actually, is that they get rid of the Good Cop character to quickly. I can't really consider it a spoiler since it happens right around the end of the first act, BEFORE we meet Batman, Uni-Kitty, Benny, and MetaBeard. I like the WAY they did it, but it they should have at least gotten rid of him in the middle of the film thus saving time for more jokes on the character. So, if you know someone who hasn't seen the film, go ahead and watch it with them. Expand
  73. May 30, 2014
    Nice. No more. A little disappointing but pleasant movie (thanks to the many LEGO cameos well used). It is only the first film, a good basis for the next LEGO movies which will must do better.
  74. Apr 26, 2014
    I just saw The LEGO Movie last night and I have to say that I absolutely loved it! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire and things like that which was so creative and I also love how the animation is shown to look like it's stop motion which was very creative and I actually prefer how the animations shows those limitations with how Lego Mini Figures move over how they smoothly move in like a cut-scene of a Traveler's Tales Lego game. I also love the characters in this movie and the cameos they make, it was so fun seeing different Lego properties come together in this movie. The plot does have some simplicity to it, but it's still a fun plot and is actually not to be taken that seriously, but in a good way. Overall, I loved The Lego Movie. I remember seeing trailers and stuff for this movie back in late 2013 and at most expecting this film to be just good like nothing special but nothing too bad, but I barely expected to fall in love with this film. This film's amazing, as of now I think this might be my favorite film of 2014 so far. Go see this movie, this film is excellent, it has some big laughs and it's a whole lot of fun and I think anyone can enjoy this film whether they are a kid or even an adult! Expand
  75. Mar 30, 2014
    The lego movie is a very entertaining and funny movie for all ages to enjoy. I went with one of my best friends and we were laughing the whole time. The animation of the movie was very well done and I love how they had real people in the movie as well as animation.
  76. Mar 31, 2014
    Funny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. From the colorful cast to the almost deadpan humor, this movie is amazing in every single way.
  77. Apr 30, 2014
    This Movie Is Soooooo Entertaining. All the People in the film were so Funny. Will Ferrell had a good voice as president Business. This movie had a funny script, Great Comedy Actors, And an good plot. Good Job, Phil Lord and Chris Miller!!
  78. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  79. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  80. Apr 17, 2014
    A really funny, good kids movie. One of my favourites of 2014 so far. Even though its a kids movie there were many jokes that I loved and laughed a lot at. Animation was great how they made everything look like Lego even explosions. A well done movie.
  81. Aug 6, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much. Just a family friendly movie to watch with my parents when we had nothing else to watch. Instead, I got one of the funniest movies i've seen in quite a while. References are in no short supply, and much to my surprise, are not just from kids shows. but more from age old shows and movies that not many kids will have seen. Star Wars, LoTR, all the super hero shows of the '70s. All done brilliantly, with amazing voice acting, Animation can be stiff at times, but really, your dealing with legos. C'mon. Anyway, I really didn't think that i'd enjoy it this much, and really, with most movies now a days being total **** this one is one of the better movies i've seen in a while. "Everything is awesome!" Expand
  82. Apr 20, 2014
    Awesome movie. It's funny and has a great story. I thoroughly loved it. This movie is definitely for everyone. All the characters work well together and it's just a fantastic film overall.
  83. Apr 27, 2014
    Everything about this movie is completely awesome!! Definitely an Academy Award winner for next years oscars!!!! Everything Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  84. Apr 21, 2014
    Easily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicing promises one of the best movies ever made.
  85. Apr 27, 2014
    I basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it even featured some live action which was awesome. let's just say "everything is awesome" about this movie! Expand
  86. May 4, 2014
    The movie isn't bad or good, but if you're a fan of LEGO, or a kid, there is a big chance you'll like it. The story is ok-ish, but I feel it's too deus ex machina in resolving problems, and too few really innovative elements and things shown. Also I feel that the movie is abruptly either too positive or too negative, and only a Sith deals in absolutes. :<
  87. Jun 1, 2014
    i have only one word to say about this film: AWESOME!!
    awesome story, awesome jokes, awesome actors, and awesome visuals and animation, this film is easily one of the year's best. trust me, once you're done watching this film, all you'll say is: "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!"
  88. May 16, 2014
    I'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'm going to rag on Lego shouldn't I be just as harsh on Transformers? Or should I just be grateful that Michael Bay didn't get his hands on this one? Like I said, I'm confused. But entertained. Expand
  89. May 19, 2014
    It's a great movie to watch and the best movie of 2014 and also has my flashback of when I was playing Legos and I recommend you to watch it when I comes to blue ray and DVD.
  90. May 30, 2014
    Decent flick but doesn't exactly deserve the praise it's been getting. Cinematography and casting are there but the story gets very slow towards the end. Humour is okay, very self-referential and predictable.
  91. Jun 4, 2014
    I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, ect.) It is not really violent and I believe it gave off a positive message to younger kids. My family can’t wait for it to come out on DVD, I already pre-ordered it. Expand
  92. Jun 9, 2014
    Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details you find on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream (Wooo) 3, 2, 1. Go Have you seen the film, everyone's talking The film is good 'cause everything's awesome Emmet is the 'chosen one', no, he's not voiced by Daniel Radcliffe No screen time for the boy wizard It feels more awesome than an awesome Pixar movie Dip my body in pizza toppings Three years later, wash off the tomato Smellin' like a margherita pizza, everything is awesome LEGO Milhouse appears, has no spoken lines But it's awesome to see him, and it's awesome to love it (it's awesome to love it) Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details as on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream LEGO-ized blue skies, Superman flies We just named two awesome things Batman arrives, plus plenty of other LEGO-ized things You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING! Dumbledore on helium, double decker couch, a song which repeats itself Glue stick weapons, a cracked helmet on a Spaceman minifigure Awesome parts of the LEGO Movie The writing ,voice-acting, Abraham Lincoln They're awesome Animation, live-action, and Will Ferrell They're awesome The ending, and music, and William Shakespeare That's awesome Everything you see, or hear, or miss Is awesome Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Expand
  93. Jun 26, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most pleasant surprises of the year. What's just fantastic is that during 100 minutes, it unfolds an entire fictional universe without feeling rushed or leaving anything out of it AND it has time for sweet character moments, cool twists and funny meta-jokes. Everything in it really is awesome.
  94. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I went to watch this film due to the many great reviews.
    Review:
    Pros: A rather smart story with clever animation using CGI Lego blocks. It has an interesting twist at the end that was good but wasn't great.
    Cons: The unique animation wore out quite quickly. I fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. By then, the story had gone into the usual
    exercise of car chases and planes shooting at things. A bit too much may have been spoiled by the trailer.
    3/5 - Good enough to watch it for free on the TV only.
  95. Jun 14, 2014
    I am actually surprised that many people were bored by this movie. I found it quite entertaining and cute, with the kind of theme and plot to be expected from a movie made by LEGO ®. The characters were adorable and oozed inner strength. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for an entertaining and funny family film.
  96. Jun 24, 2014
    This movie is great with so much positive things but it has two big problems that make my score get a little bit low but here's why: -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all _The score was awful to hear i was expecting something more great but the song 'Everything is awesome' is terrible and lazely chosen. But otherwise is good like the characters , the story,the voice acting, and more other.

Good movie i recommended
  97. Jun 23, 2014
    It's just LEGO, everything related with Lego is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome!( i wrote it so as to fill the characters).
  98. Jun 23, 2014
    The bright colors and action will make kids happy. However this works just as well for adults with a smart storyline and clever jokes. It's pure genius
  99. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the best PG movies of 2014. And MORGAN FREEMAN IS IN IT. The animation is nice and they try to include a lot of humor too. Most young children will probably really enjoy it.
  100. Jul 4, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is a definite must-watch, because although it is a children's film, it can and it will surprise you. The animation style is really splendid and the sweet, humorous tone that the film sustains till the end is just awesome.

1. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill