8.2

1. Feb 8, 2014
    Easily the best movie of 2014, The lego movie offers fresh animation, awesome puns and many famous actors such as Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman... I recommend this movie for immediate watch.
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Expand
  3. Feb 10, 2014
    Am i the only one that thought this movie was awful? At first, i honestly thought the animation was a joke and was waiting for it to change from 1970's style stop motion animation to something from 2014 but nope! It stayed like that the entire movie. I just couldnt enjoy the clunky way the characters moved and eventually fell asleep (thankfully). The only saving grace was the batmanAm i the only one that thought this movie was awful? At first, i honestly thought the animation was a joke and was waiting for it to change from 1970's style stop motion animation to something from 2014 but nope! It stayed like that the entire movie. I just couldnt enjoy the clunky way the characters moved and eventually fell asleep (thankfully). The only saving grace was the batman character which made me smile but i cant remember laughing out loud once. I tried people! i really did....it was the animation that totally killed it for me. Expand
  4. Jan 19, 2015
    This movie consists on one pop culture reference after another. Not clever, amusing pop culture references like in Toy Story, just boring dialogue that references other movies.

Excellent animation of course, all those millions pretty much guarantees that.

Movies like this make me realize why I rarely watch Hollywood movies anymore. All glitz and no substance.
  5. Apr 18, 2014
    This film is good enough for mixing kid/adult themes, but pretty overrated otherwise. Will we be watching this 10 years from now and getting as excited as we are now? Doubtful.
  6. Lyn
    Jan 16, 2015
    Can anyone remember when animated films were engaging and funny and touching based on the stories and characters, and not because all the characters were voiced by movie stars? I wonder if such a film will ever be made again. Like most these days, this one relies heavily on viewers' fondness for young hottie Chris Pratt, stalwart Morgan Freeman, and gosh, Will Ferrell who's such aCan anyone remember when animated films were engaging and funny and touching based on the stories and characters, and not because all the characters were voiced by movie stars? I wonder if such a film will ever be made again. Like most these days, this one relies heavily on viewers' fondness for young hottie Chris Pratt, stalwart Morgan Freeman, and gosh, Will Ferrell who's such a hilarious Anchorman! The pop culture references were mildly catchy without being particularly witty. The visuals were manic yet (naturally) rather flat, although fun if you have a fondness for Legos. Overall, "The Little Mermaid" looks like "Casablanca" by comparison. Expand
  7. Jul 29, 2014
    If I;m gonna be honest, this movie was a little overrated. Yes, it was funny, yes, it was cute, yes, it was okay for the whole family, but overall, it just lacked the greatness I was expecting from the critics and the other uses.
  8. Oct 20, 2014
    The Lego Movie starts at maximum intensity and never goes down from there. It's full of fast action, punch lines and stereotypes. I never got a chance to breathe and take it all in. I was dissappointed at the poor pacing. But everything is Lego, so the visuals and effects are cool.
  9. May 4, 2014
    The movie isn't bad or good, but if you're a fan of LEGO, or a kid, there is a big chance you'll like it. The story is ok-ish, but I feel it's too deus ex machina in resolving problems, and too few really innovative elements and things shown. Also I feel that the movie is abruptly either too positive or too negative, and only a Sith deals in absolutes. :<
  10. Jun 17, 2014
    this film has nice animation but has way to many fast paced scenes and the live action part is confusing I recommend renting it not buying it did any of you know about the minecraft movie coming out in 2017
  11. May 23, 2014
    I was actually bored...BORED through this movie. Wreck it Ralph ran CIRCLES around this movie. Heck, it's only one notch above entertaining. Critics need to be fired for rating it so high.
  12. Dec 16, 2014
    The Lego Movie sucks. It's one of the worst animated films i ever seen.
    I don't understand even why it was nominated for Golden Globe.
    The story and films is not good. I really don't understand that horrible film.
    My rate is zero. I hope it not winning or nominated for Oscar and Golden Globe
  13. Feb 11, 2014
    I really wanted to love this movie... really. Ultimately, however, I walked away with a headache and feeling significantly let down. I do not understand all of the outstanding reviews and praise the movie is receiving either, to be completely honest.

The visual effects, story, and voice acting in The Lego Movie are all superb! I will definitely give it that. Where the movie falls short though is in its execution - tedious and somewhat recycled scenes, humor reminiscent of Nick Jr. television shows, and a far too lengthy running screen time. There was maybe about 10 times throughout the film that I did get a hearty laugh in, but for the most part, I found myself trying, more than one should in a movie, to truly enjoy what I was watching.

If you have children, your experience might be different. Even if you don't, I believe the only way you'll know if you like it is to experience it yourself - it obviously, based on the wide praise, has been enjoyed by a great amount of people! As for me, this is one I can't quite manage to recommend, which is a shame. I truly hope your experience of The Lego Movie is better! Collapse
  14. Mar 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie just didn't click. The first issue was the stop-motion animation. The entire movie is jerky as 1963's Jason and the Argonauts. As if it was made by a first year animation student. Coupled with 3-D - it was a headache inducing experience. I couldn't believe how amateurish it looked. Secondly, the humour was incredibly puerile. Now, i love silly humour too but each joke wasThe Lego Movie just didn't click. The first issue was the stop-motion animation. The entire movie is jerky as 1963's Jason and the Argonauts. As if it was made by a first year animation student. Coupled with 3-D - it was a headache inducing experience. I couldn't believe how amateurish it looked. Secondly, the humour was incredibly puerile. Now, i love silly humour too but each joke was weaker than the last. The plot twist at the end was schmaltzy and annoying. Even my 3 kids didn't seem to like it much. We're obviously in the minority as everybody seems to love this film but we thought it was lame. Expand
  15. May 31, 2014
    Do not get this movie I regret spending 7$ renting it I would have paid 14$ not to watch it it is very childish and my kid did not find it funny at all. At all. Me even less it was so predictable and it almost matched the report my 8 year old child handed in for English DO NOT GET OR EVEN WATCH IF YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE.
  16. Apr 5, 2014
    I have just got home from taking my 13 year old and 10 of his mates to see the new Lego movie for his 13th birthday.
    All I can say is," Were all the critics who wrote reviews on this movie smoking crack when they watched it"?. After 10 mins in I had 11 kids between the ages of 7 - 13 squirming in there seats and fidgeting.Thank god the pizza's and drinks were delivered at the 30 min mark as I think they would have been walking out of the cinema.The Pizza and drinks kept them going till the 1 hour mark. Not to sure what happened between the 70th and 80th minute as I fell asleep.
    Once the movie was completed I think my 8 year old summed up the movie, his words were "Thank goodness for the last 15 mins as it pulled the whole movie together" Not that there was a lot to pull together .Not once did I hear any of the kids laugh throughout the movie frankly they all admitted in the Foyer after the movie it was quite boring.
    Lego I gave you a good go, it cost me $600 AUD for tickets and food in Gold Class yet you delivered me nothing more then a boring,lack lustre movie that failed in all aspects including animation, production and a reasonable plot. At best a half decent DVD movie.
  17. Feb 8, 2014
    The LEGO Movie took me completely by surprise and blew my socks off. By all rights, it had no right to be good, as it seemed like a complete complete cosh cow movie. But somehow, it turned out to be the one of the most imaginative and fun movies for the whole family that takes a twist into straight up meta commentary by the end. The big thing that makes the movie run so well, apart fromThe LEGO Movie took me completely by surprise and blew my socks off. By all rights, it had no right to be good, as it seemed like a complete complete cosh cow movie. But somehow, it turned out to be the one of the most imaginative and fun movies for the whole family that takes a twist into straight up meta commentary by the end. The big thing that makes the movie run so well, apart from the really fast comedy coming at you most of the time, comes from the fact that it is, in fact, a LEGO movie, thus everything is based around LEGO physics, motion, and logic. This leads to a lot of jokes and clever use of the set pieces, which I mean quite literally. Honestly, I don’t think the movie would have worked if it took itself completely seriously, but since the plot runs on complete irony, that’s not a problem. Oh, and the acting is superb too, including Charlie Day, who I never would have recognized were it not for the credits. I’m not sure if anyone who hasn’t played with LEGOs or had a kid who did so would enjoy this movie as much apart from the subtle adult jokes that would slip past the kids, but maybe they could. It’s one of the most upbeat, charming, grin-inducing movies that I’ve seen in a while and I think it deserves a watch. Go out and feel like a kid again. Expand
  18. Jun 9, 2014
    The stop motion animation got stale quickly. The jokes were so-so and the plot/dialogue was a huge waste of the greatly talented actors voicing the characters. Very disappointed with this movie.
  19. Mar 1, 2014
    Just saw the movie with a few friends, and I'd have to say...it was exactly as I thought it would be. For the most part. I didn't have any real expectations going into it. I mean, it was called the LEGO movie, so interesting could it actually be? It was...unique, I'll give it that.

You know how most movies throw in the occasional pop culture reference? Something witty, something that will be a little more memorable than other parts of said movie? The LEGO movie was built upon those. I mean, they were EVERYWHERE. Cat posters, Batman's attitude, Good/Bad cop (they weren't even trying to be subtle with this one).

And the cliches. For crying out loud, could a movie about creativity do something original? 'Strong' female protagonist that needs a man, no one dies at the end, every single subplot resolves itself, hero goes on journey and discovers self, I mean, come on! I was actually happy when I thought that Emmett died, and would become a martyr or something but NOPE!!! Spoiler, not really, he lives! You know why this wasn't tagged as a spoiler? Because there was no way that he could die. The movie's cliches made him immortal.

Story-wise, it sucked. There was no story. Well, nothing that wasn't covered by the cliches at least. I guess one could say it was satire, but you know what? Satire really doesn't make up for no interesting plot whatsoever.

Now, for the 'positive' part. The animation style was great. It fit the Lego theme really well, and I wouldn't mind seeing that in other movies. The voice talent did a good job, and you know what? They occasionally did a clever thing during an action sequence. This all would merit it a 5.

Unfortunately, the 5 was downgraded to a 4, for the terrible ending. Not going to spoil it, but...really? REALLY?
  20. Dec 22, 2014
    The movie was just plain horrible,Never in my life did I gave a 0 out of 10 rating for an animated movie.And as an animation fan,I was at most points of my life,disturbed at how bad is this movie.

Okay,we started with a plot of,cliches,cliches,cliches.Then with too many cliches that this movie makes it even more terrible to the extend of being terrible.The redeeming part is the 30 minutes live action sequence that should make it disqualified for every major animation awards,which I wish so,because this movie was just plain bad,comparable to what the damm critics said,but overall it is just plain bad that it makes a movie seems like a pitched 1 hour animated cartoon pilot.

Also the characters are just plain annoying like hell,even the themes was terribly horrible and also the music score and composition feels too repetitive at times.Also a credit for this movie for having one of the worst voice acting in animation history that makes me sick to my brain and also for having one of the worst presentation overall as well.Heck yes,even the animation was really very cheapskate and also it song Everything is Awesome was one of the worst songs of all time,to the point that it makes Let It Go or Happy a much better song than ever.And honestly,the saddest part is that most of the actors who are those of the well great ones ,say Will Ferrell,Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Banks,looks like they are impersonating themselves instead of staying with the flow.And didn't I tell you that Ermett and Unikitty were both annoying characters and the rest is without any character relations at all.And yes,the jokes were lame and it is always running badly as the movie does.

Okay,this review is getting to much.

Honestly,this is the WORST animated film I've seen completely in my life.So worse that it even makes wore shows like Shark Tale,or Chicken Little seems like it is a master piece.Worst that it makes Legoland so bad in which that place is actually heck better than the movie.Worst that it makes a lot of better movies in the past like the Toy Story Trilogy,The Incredibles or Ghostbusters or many more feels stupid.So worse that it even makes better movies like How To Train your Dragon 2 or Big Hero 6 feels even more inferiorly stupid.Forgive me,but critics,this is an example of how to create a bad movie,a movie with no heart of the story and a movie of nothing but repetitive cliches.This movie should also never win an Oscar or a Golden Globes or a Critics Choice Awards or an Annie Award with such a bad scriptwriting from the same people who created a mess of Cloudy and A Chance of Meatballs and from a company that created a trainwreck of Happy Feet.Think about that,even one of the worst reviewed animated flim of this year Mr Peabody and Sherman holds well with the heart of the story ,the voice acting ,some interesting characters that you wish to know more about them, and also the animation that helps it to stand out from it .Hah,that was even heck better than this stupid **** of Lego "movie'.Lego ,shame on you,my brother even got so furious of you because of your stupid movie ,to the more heartbreaking extent that he is a fan of Lego for a long time and even my mom and I who grow up with Lego disowned it and also here everyone I know,especially my dad and my friends hated it,hated this movieThere is too much of horrid product placement too that makes Foodfight even better as a movie.For critics,stop comparing this as the new Toy Story,compare this with Foodfight,that is even better to acknowledge these two pieces of **** combining together as one.

Overall,I am not happy with The Lego Movie. I'm just plain furious that I've spend a lot on a DVD which I hope I'll enjoy it as the critics do,but I ended up hating it .I just hope I'm not alone and frankly speaking I've never been visibly upset over such a movie like this and I've never felt a bad migrain after watching this paranoid movie totally.And seeing how many people and the critics praises it,it makes me really upset because I don't want movies like this to be acknowledge by those poor younger generation of people who are forced to see these crap,but movies like How To Train Your Dragon and Toy Story to be recognised by the next generation of kids.To all of the judges of the awards show,if you are reading this,please consider this review and let better deserving movies to win and also to everyone including the critics,please think before you write a review.Please,for the sake of my future generation.

My Rating:0 out of 10 stars.BEWARE!!!
  21. Feb 11, 2014
    If you have kids this would be a great movie for you. It has funny childish jokes that kids would find funny but personally I didn't. But I have to admit that I did laugh at 1 or 2 jokes. Without spoiling to much I'll say that the story is hectic in the beginning it all comes together at the end. If you have kids take them to this movie.
  22. Mar 10, 2014
    Wow. We walked out of this movie... Couldn't believe how horrible it was... It was incredibly ADD and the animation was almost impossible to comprehend at times. Most jokes are disguised as anti-corporation/capitalism which might have been cute with the exception of the Lego company being a monster corporation itself... jokes were almost anti-capitalism to the point of making fun of LegosWow. We walked out of this movie... Couldn't believe how horrible it was... It was incredibly ADD and the animation was almost impossible to comprehend at times. Most jokes are disguised as anti-corporation/capitalism which might have been cute with the exception of the Lego company being a monster corporation itself... jokes were almost anti-capitalism to the point of making fun of Legos as a business.

So much cool stuff could have been done in this movie regarding the story. It was just too quick to intro characters and ideas... the first 30 seconds smacks you in the face, give me a minute to breath.

They attempted to have the polish of Pixar storytelling but fell flat on their face. The animation in general was spectacular (exception with action scenes) especially with so much limitation. Most mood was infused with pink and neon blue backlighting.

Dare I say that Marvel Legos Movie destroyed this...
  23. Feb 24, 2014
    Sometimes it's really funny in that special kind of LEGO way, but more often it's just a long row of bang bang action that isn't very entertaining really. The story is shallow and, as it turns out, cliché. I just can't helping thinking that it could have been done in a much better way. They could have easily brought more depth to the main character, and skipped much of the heroes vsSometimes it's really funny in that special kind of LEGO way, but more often it's just a long row of bang bang action that isn't very entertaining really. The story is shallow and, as it turns out, cliché. I just can't helping thinking that it could have been done in a much better way. They could have easily brought more depth to the main character, and skipped much of the heroes vs villains crap. My kids didn't laugh even once, and neither did any of the others in the cinema. And what's with the 3D? Does anyone enjoy 3D? It's garbage, I tell you. Expand
  24. Mar 2, 2014
    lego movie is the 100 % wrost film 89 % good film the begging and middle was terrible . the wrost animated films i ever seen . i think children are sugar rushed to like this film
  25. Mar 12, 2014
    Nominator got it. This movie is just a perfect example of the techniques that businesses wield to get kids to by stuff . What one takes away from it is kids should by selfish don't share your toys so your parents can by another toy for your sibling . The Movie had no real voice actors cast . Really simple jokes and gags which is offensive because they think we are all dumb .
  26. Feb 8, 2014
    The LEGO Movie just literally brought my childhood to life
    Pros:
    -The Animation is one of the best I've seen so far
    -The characters are relatable
    -Batman is in it :D
    -The voice acting is great
    -The story is awesome
    -There's actual Character Development
    Cons
    -The Beginning is a disappointment
    -some of the jokes aren't funny
    Recommendation: Everyone
  27. Mar 24, 2014
    as a game that the story is more or less the style of movie is horrible lego people only makes success in that cartoon is kid of two years and only managed to score 2 more or less the story that would be good in a movie with actors who able to walk right.
  28. Feb 13, 2014
    In truth this is just an extended advertisement for the lego toy product. This visually fascinating and imaginative movie is totally undone by a boring story. Movie references and in jokes abound but cannot rescue it from the doldrums. The introduction of two human characters towards the end of the film does at least contextualise what has gone before to a satisfyingly positive conclusion.In truth this is just an extended advertisement for the lego toy product. This visually fascinating and imaginative movie is totally undone by a boring story. Movie references and in jokes abound but cannot rescue it from the doldrums. The introduction of two human characters towards the end of the film does at least contextualise what has gone before to a satisfyingly positive conclusion. However, the hint of a possible sequel is a no no. Someone please ensure that all pieces are definitely locked away in a toy box. Expand
  29. Feb 24, 2014
    Truly an AWFUL movie. I cannot believe the number of critics that have said this is the best movie of the year...i am dumbfounded. Not only did I NEVER laugh once during this unoriginal piece of crap, but neither did the 100's of kids at the showing. I expected to hear them giggle with glee or scream with delight...but it never happened.DO NOT waste your money on this film.
  30. Feb 22, 2014
    If you're between 6 and 14 years of age you might like this movie. Otherwise forget it. Surprisingly dark and violent for the age group the movie supposedly is meant to target. Animation gave me a headache… thank goodness we didn't see it in 3D.

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.